Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #47  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristaLee View Post
Hi, my name is Crista.

I'm new to this forum. I'm also relatively new to Ideal Protein. I registered to this site to seek advice/help others throughout all 4 phases of the protocol.

I'm interested in joining the summer slimdown, but I'm having trouble navigating.
If you go to the first post in this thread (click on page 1 at the top OR bottom right) you should find a link in there to click on and Lisa will add you.

Oh and welcome!!!!

Last edited by frawniemae; 07-16-2015 at 10:36 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 164/148

Height: 5'8.5''

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. Tomorrow is my second weigh in and I'm hoping for a big loss! I'm going to be traveling in a few weeks and would love to be close to my goal.
collegestudent123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Small loss this week (-0.4), but not bad for it being TOM - and I am also now bouncing between 171 - 173...

I was prepared for this being a sticky-weight (ie - getting stuck bouncing around the same 5 pounds for more than 2 weeks)...I was 170 - 180 for about 5 years - from the time I was 13 (when I got serious about losing weight going into high school) until I lost more weight when I was 18 / 19 & then got pregnant with DD18.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Not bad at all Beth!! Especially being TOM. You're doing great!!!!
Old 07-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #51  
determined

Any loss is a win, ladies! Remember that!!

I'm down another 3.2 pounds this week. I still have Onderland in my sight for a birthday present to myself but I may be getting it late. But that's okay; better late than never!

Stay strong and IP on!
Old 07-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post

I'm down another 3.2 pounds this week. I still have Onderland in my sight for a birthday present to myself but I may be getting it late. But that's okay; better late than never!

Stay strong and IP on!
That's great news frawnie!! You go girl!! Fingers, toes and eyes are still crossed for you making "onederland" for your birthday!!!!!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 475/438/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
DL- driver's license...I put 220 on it for years thinking I was fooling someone. Next time I'll be able to put a much smaller number!

If I were to go back I'd probably be able to see a pattern, too. I just am excited that there is any kind of loss each week! But I do love those wooshes!!

WTG Destony! Stay strong!
I SO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! My DL is at 260. I had it at 245 for years. Almost a 100lb lie. My first goal is to just get under 300. BUT my huge, major, "high-five" goal is to reach my lowest weight as an adult 245.

The day I can go into the DL Office and get it changed is going to be amazing!!!

Keep going, everyone's progress and tracking of their weekly numbers is very encouraging for me. I had a small loss this last week due to dehydration (it's been hot here in Seattle lol!), this next week will be great, I've been really pushing the water and staying the course.
nimmer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:

Stay strong and IP on!
Frawnie - your profile pic is wonderful and congrats! Cheering you on for onederland for your birthday! Your losses have been terrific and even if not on your birthday, you will see it soon!

So my body finally let go - after 2 weeks with very minimal losses, I was down 4.8 - 168.8!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:49 AM   #55  
GiggirlNY

S/C/G: 193/153/140

Height: 5ft.5in.

I'm new to this thread but I started IP June 1st, 2015. I've been very devoted to the protocol all but one day ( my birthday) and even then I cheated with wine, not food. I've lost 23 lbs. so far and have 27 more to go. It has been an amazing journey so far. I never have been truly hungry on this program except for the day after my birthday. I think my body was so excited at having the glucose from wine ( fast, easily accessible sugar) instead of burning my old fat that it rebelled the next day wanting more! I went right back to protocol and that even out in a day. Made me think of how glucose is so addicting! I start week 8 this week and I am a little bored with the lack of variety. Lemon juice is coming out of my ears just like broccoli & cauliflower. I like the IP drinks and restricted desserts but the soups and such are just plain awful. And the Walden Farms 'dressings' are horrific. Why do they make them taste so sickly sweet? I enjoy dinner the most- I am so grateful to Andover IP for providing delicious recipes. I told myself in the beginning that I will give myself 3 months because I feel I can do anything for 3 months! This has been a very positive, enlightening experience for me.
GiggirlNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:05 AM   #56  
GiggirlNY

S/C/G: 193/153/140

Height: 5ft.5in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Woo-Hoo!! 50 lbs!!!!
B

Congratulations!
Huge success- it's great to see people achieve that number because that's my goal!
GiggirlNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:02 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
So my body finally let go - after 2 weeks with very minimal losses, I was down 4.8 - 168.8!
YAY!!! Thats' amazing!!! Way to go !! So very happy for you!!
Thanks GiggIt REALLY works- I went to try on dresses for my sons wedding yesterday and the lady in Talbotts women told me I needed to go to the regular Talbott's...she said these clothes are too big for you...! I told her that was the nicest thing shje could have said to me- then when I went in to another shop, I was asking for extra large- the saleswoman said no you are probably a medium- and I was "NO WAY!" Ummm, the medium looked so much better on than the large- YES!! This program works!!!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #58  
determined

Great news for all, ladies! Love those wooshes, Beth! Im having one myself this week. I still weigh myself every morning but have started going in for the "official" WI just every two weeks. Slowly weaning myself off of the clinic. They really aren't doing me any good as far as advice, etc goes. Coach barely glances at my journal any more because she knows I'm sticking to it. I'm not a perfect IP person but I don't go off Protocol therefore I'm not a challenge for them. And all my support comes from here and my FB support group.

Destony I love stories like your dress story! How amazing that must have felt!

GiggirlNY check out the recipe files in the daily chat thread if you haven't already. Loads of great ones in there that can truly help the boredom and monotony of packet after packet. This place is huge but do try to explore! AFA WF dressings go, I like the Sweet Onion and Italian Sundried Tomato; they seem to be much less sweet to me.The Pear Balsamic is my newest fav; I just pour it over some shredded green cabbage for a great no hassle "coleslaw".
Old 07-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #59  
determined

Just have to say...those wooshes are great!! 4.6 pounds GONE!!!!!!!!!
And a NSV...hubbie thought i was crazy....son has lost his wedding ring and we were looking for it here. Thought it might have flown off while he was tossing a ball for the dogs to chase..anyway I moved the fridge out and it will only go so far due to the layout of the kitchen. I looked at the crack I needed to squeeze through and thought "I wont fit in that!" But...Guess what??!! I sure did! With room to spare even! I hollered at hubbie that I just had a NSV! He came running "What! What's wrong? " I tried explaining but I just dont think he completely got it. Oh well....all I know is what a wonderful feeling that was....I'm getting my "skinny" back!

Unfortunately the ring wasnt' back there though.Still looking for it....

Hope everyone has a wooshy day!!

Last edited by frawniemae; 07-28-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #60  

Quote:
Just have to say...those wooshes are great!! 4.6 pounds GONE!!!!!!!!!
And a NSV...hubbie thought i was crazy....son has lost his wedding ring and we were looking for it here. Thought it might have flown off while he was tossing a ball for the dogs to chase..anyway I moved the fridge out and it will only go so far due to the layout of the kitchen. I looked at the crack I needed to squeeze through and thought "I wont fit in that!" But...Guess what??!! I sure did! With room to spare even! I hollered at hubbie that I just had a NSV! He came running "What! What's wrong? " I tried explaining but I just dont think he completely got it. Oh well....all I know is what a wonderful feeling that was....I'm getting my "skinny" back!

Unfortunately the ring wasnt' back there though.Still looking for it....

Hope everyone has a wooshy day!!
THAT is probably THE BEST NSV story I have seen yet