Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #31  

I seen a 2teen on the scales today, bought my first size 16 (w/o the W) and got a swimsuit that I did not despise shopping for. It was a great day until I went to Applebees and I had my first cheat in 2.5 months. (I didn't mean to cheat. I didn't plan to cheat. I wasn't okay with cheating. I thought I covered my bases.) I got chicken and shrimp and substituted the potatoes for steamed broccoli. Left out the onions because of caramelization. But when the meat came it was obviously cooked with some extra fat, be it oil or butter, I don't know. I ate some, left some on the plate. Ridden with guilt but I know tomorrow is a new day and I will recover from whatever this dinner had hidden in it.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #32  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplchaos View Post
I seen a 2teen on the scales today, bought my first size 16 (w/o the W) and got a swimsuit that I did not despise shopping for. It was a great day until I went to Applebees and I had my first cheat in 2.5 months. (I didn't mean to cheat. I didn't plan to cheat. I wasn't okay with cheating. I thought I covered my bases.) I got chicken and shrimp and substituted the potatoes for steamed broccoli. Left out the onions because of caramelization. But when the meat came it was obviously cooked with some extra fat, be it oil or butter, I don't know. I ate some, left some on the plate. Ridden with guilt but I know tomorrow is a new day and I will recover from whatever this dinner had hidden in it.
Wonderful NSV with the clothing and swimsuit!

Some extra fat will not likely kick you out of ketosis - don't beat yourself up over this -- you did so much that was exactly right trying to stay on program -- it was a learning moment, and you'll know in the future to ask for just a bit more customized prep. And don't forget - You are entitled to and expected to have some oil each day on program, ya know....

Last edited by oneuh2; 06-01-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #33  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

My usual Monday WI last week was Thursday instead because of the holiday. And my WI today was a no results (except a little bone mass up and fat mass down). So we're going to plan B like I did two years ago to get the weight loss moving again by calorie loading in the morning and tapering off by the end of the day so my body has calories to use when it needs it and not late in the evening when it doesn't.

Breakfast will be last night's leftover 8oz protein, 2C "water heavy" veggies (no WF and no Cruciferous vegetables) and of course my morning coffee, lunch will be a fruit drink spinach or cuke smoothie (tried my first one ever for dinner tonight - fantastic!!), dinner will be either a fruit drink or cappuccino drink and evening snack either my usual pudding or crispy cereal. Wish me luck!!
Old 06-01-2015, 10:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Good luck, Great Dane and -- wow! did you come up with that detailed plan B?! Can't wait to hear how it works!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:47 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootros View Post
Amber-
Your reply made me laugh to myself when you wrote, "I absolutely could not have stayed on P1/P2 for one more day." I am about there. .
It really was like that.
I held out on P2 for a week and then called my coach and said something like "unless you tell me this is going to cause a big problem for my body to go to P3, I’m doing it tomorrow morning”. She laughed and said it was fine. P2 isn’t so much for the body and for the lifestyle, to get you used to eating whole foods again. Doing it for a week was totally fine for me. I guess what’s particularly important is to do P3 very strict for the whole 14 days, which I did with pleasure, as I felt so much better.

Regardless of what the scale says, if you feel it’s time, it’s likely time. You’ll tone out if you start exercising - my inches haven’t changed, and have gone down just slightly in some areas, but I’m much more toned, so I feel much better.

Good luck!

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 06-02-2015 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:14 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I'm not going to speak for anyone else but myself - it's not that simple. Just because you don't need/value/want a monthly thread, doesn't mean that some of us don't, that they don't have value, or that it should be dictated that we give them up. Most people (at least in ours) post both in the monthly thread and the daily chat, myself included. Honestly what I post in each is different, because I was made to feel very uncomfortable from early on sharing any advice or anything more than superficial. To the point I almost left 3FC - guess who gave me the support to stay? My Summer 2014 starters.

The current effort to "whitewash" all the former monthly/seasonal threads, quite frankly, isn't sitting well with me either. The October 2013 group has kept their identity for almost 2 years. They didn't all start in October, but they have come together, stayed together, and support each other. They also support and advise the rest of us.

So how far should we take it? Get rid of everything but the Daily Chat threads? No more 50+, rebooters, over 100 pounds to lose, less than 20 pounds, maintainers, what did you eat, alternatives (actually this one should stay, there's already a lot of confusing focus and info about alternatives mixed in).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I deeply hope that my questioning the monthly threads isn't being taken negatively. My only motivation in doing so is the value of the greater community.

I'm not an admin and my opinion is worth no more than that of anyone else. Lately I've felt like the vibrancy of this community has diminished a bit from what it used to be and the sheer number of monthly threads when I opened today stood out as a possible reason.
So as a close to one year on IP I am just going to quickly mention on thing about the Daily and Other threads...I am very very partial to my 2014 thread and we have certainly consolidated and dwindled over the course of a year, but there are 4 or 5 rock solid posters there that I have come to rely on ...we are all in the same boat. It feels very comfortable there for me. I do also post in the daily chat as often as I can, but its a different vibe for me from my 2014 group. I think there is a place for everyone in more than one spot....Personally for me if the 2014 became part of the daily only, I would probably lose interest....Those are my girls from the beginning and we have a special bond and are at the same place on program...

All I am saying is yes there are a lot of threads, but you only need to search out the ones that work for you and ignore the rest.... just my 2cents and I know it aint worth much

SO off to our college whirlwind tour today. Was up nice and early to have my 2 coffee's so that my bathroom routine is not disturbed those who suffered from the big C on this program will know it makes sense to go the extra mile when you have a routine LOL.. I have all my IP snacks ready to go for the car. Have an extra restricted with me because I am not sure I am going to be able to make a shake so easy... We will be stopping for lunch and dinner. We are seeing Lycoming, Lock Haven and Penn State....Lots of walking today too, just hope the weather clears up a bit.

WI should have been today but instead it will be tomorrow after lunch, I am sure that will reek havoc with the number on the scale and since this will probably be my maintain week, Ugh! Anyway I have to think this week it is just a number on the clinic scale and my Aria scale had me exactly the same as last week this AM so I will take that!
Old 06-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
It really was like that.
I held out on P2 for a week and then called my coach and said something like "unless you tell me this is going to cause a big problem for my body to go to P3, I’m doing it tomorrow morning”. She laughed and said it was fine. P2 isn’t so much for the body and for the lifestyle, to get you used to eating whole foods again. Doing it for a week was totally fine for me. I guess what’s particularly important is to do P3 very strict for the whole 14 days, which I did with pleasure, as I felt so much better.

Regardless of what the scale says, if you feel it’s time, it’s likely time. You’ll tone out if you start exercising - my inches haven’t changed, and have gone down just slightly in some areas, but I’m much more toned, so I feel much better.

Good luck!
I totally agree. I feel great. So my plan is to do phase 2 for a week (I am pretty sure I did this last time.) and I will take your advice and do phase 3 for 2 weeks (I LOVE phase 3!). THIS time however, when I am done I am going to find a great exercise routine that works. Last time I dropped the weight and just depended on the diet to maintain. I would like to firm up what I have.

Because you exercise, do you feel like you can eat a little more or you have a little more wiggle room on the diet because of the calories you are burning?
Old 06-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #38  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Didn't get to WI last week due to holiday....but this week came and I am happy to say I have MADE it to ONEDERLAND!!! I haven't seen a one in 14 years!!!! Also lost another Inch on my hips which is exactly where I want to see it! Fitting into size 16 comfortable and a little loose now!!! Everyone keeps asking me when I am going to stop doing this...my response right now is When I am ready and I am not ready! Happy JUNE everyone!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #39  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
Didn't get to WI last week due to holiday....but this week came and I am happy to say I have MADE it to ONEDERLAND!!! I haven't seen a one in 14 years!!!! Also lost another Inch on my hips which is exactly where I want to see it! Fitting into size 16 comfortable and a little loose now!!! Everyone keeps asking me when I am going to stop doing this...my response right now is When I am ready and I am not ready! Happy JUNE everyone!
Speck-tack-oo-lar!!!!! Savor reaching this milestone, and celebrate with something that is good for you - a manicure, or new outfit, or something that's just for you! Take a photo of the scale reading and put it in places where you see it often.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! Amazing. Congratulations!!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #41  

Glad we are having a discussion about the threads - always good to assess and evaluate things from time to time. I agree with the overall feeling - I like the daily chat because of the overall community feeling, but my main smaller threads I like because I know the people well, and they know me fairly well now also and also know my health history and challenges, and I feel I can be more personal there. It doesn't feel accurate to get into so much detail about my questions about P4 with newer people who are just sorting out P1.

Congrats to everyone on all the successes, and asmuir yayyy and great to hear simplchaos that you are just running along great.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootros View Post

Because you exercise, do you feel like you can eat a little more or you have a little more wiggle room on the diet because of the calories you are burning?
Bootros, I do daily tracking (on an app similar to MFP called "Lose It" - I think MFP is likely better but I've used Lose It for years, am used to it, and it works fine for me), so on the days I exercise, I up the calories for whatever I burned. So if my average is about 1700 calories, and I do a 300 calorie workout, I up the calories by 300.
This isn't an exact science, sometimes I go a hundred or two over or under, but I try not to go too much over unless I'm starving, then I trust that.

I was really careful about my macros (that means fat/carb/protein amounts) at first - now that I have a feeling for it I don't get to into it, but if something goes weird (unexplained hunger or weight gain) I have a look at it, and usually it's because my protein has been too low. I don't worry too much about fat because I'm pretty careful with eating healthy fats and I like them but don't go overboard, I just make sure that my protein is high enough and my carbs are very low, again without going too low.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 06-02-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I miss the "extensive" Daily Chat, as I only get on once in awhile & you can go through and catch up easily. I did IP in 2011 and have yet to successfully "restart" I don't feel like I belong in any "group", just the Daily Chat. jmo

Last edited by Bellamack; 06-02-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #44  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Wow! That's fantastic. Thank you for sharing, these posts inspire me to stay OP!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #45  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlrg View Post
Wow! That's fantastic. Thank you for sharing, these posts inspire me to stay OP!
Thank yoU!!!
Hang in there! Its a long road worth the travel!
Closed Thread