Old 06-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Here's a Mayo Clinic guide for you:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...-20044256?pg=1

Also from Wikipedia:
Under normal circumstances, accidentally consuming too much water is exceptionally rare. Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests in which individuals attempt to consume large amounts of water, or from long bouts of exercise during which excessive amounts of fluid were consumed.

From Scientific American:
Liquid H2O is the sine qua non of life. Making up about 66 percent of the human body, water runs through the blood, inhabits the cells, and lurks in the spaces between. At every moment water escapes the body through sweat, urination, defecation or exhaled breath, among other routes. Replacing these lost stores is essential but rehydration can be overdone. There is such a thing as a fatal water overdose.

Earlier this year, a 28-year-old California woman died after competing in a radio station's on-air water-drinking contest. After downing some six liters of water in three hours in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" (Nintendo game console) contest, Jennifer Strange vomited, went home with a splitting headache, and died from so-called water intoxication.

There are many other tragic examples of death by water. In 2005 a fraternity hazing at California State University, Chico, left a 21-year-old man dead after he was forced to drink excessive amounts of water between rounds of push-ups in a cold basement. Club-goers taking MDMA ("ecstasy") have died after consuming copious amounts of water trying to rehydrate following long nights of dancing and sweating. Going overboard in attempts to rehydrate is also common among endurance athletes. A 2005 study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that close to one sixth of marathon runners develop some degree of hyponatremia, or dilution of the blood caused by drinking too much water.

Hyponatremia, a word cobbled together from Latin and Greek roots, translates as "insufficient salt in the blood." Quantitatively speaking, it means having a blood sodium concentration below 135 millimoles per liter, or approximately 0.4 ounces per gallon, the normal concentration lying somewhere between 135 and 145 millimoles per liter. Severe cases of hyponatremia can lead to water intoxication, an illness whose symptoms include headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, frequent urination and mental disorientation.

Liana
Thanks for all the information Liana...it is really appreciated.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:15 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Default need help on 3rd phase

I posted this question on another thread, so I am sorry if you have already read my question. I really need an answer though...

What do you eat on phase 3 for breakfast? I think I was eating too much the last time I did this. I just was mailed the new sheets (my coach lives out of town) and it says, 1 fat, 1 carb serving, 1 protein. Does this mean fat = butter, carb = bread OR fruit and protein = eggs?

Seems like last time I had greek yogurt with berries, a piece of toast with butter and a slice of bacon.

What do you all eat on phase 3? (If you are there yet.)
Old 06-08-2015, 02:29 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootros View Post
I posted this question on another thread, so I am sorry if you have already read my question. I really need an answer though...

What do you eat on phase 3 for breakfast? I think I was eating too much the last time I did this. I just was mailed the new sheets (my coach lives out of town) and it says, 1 fat, 1 carb serving, 1 protein. Does this mean fat = butter, carb = bread OR fruit and protein = eggs?

Seems like last time I had greek yogurt with berries, a piece of toast with butter and a slice of bacon.

What do you all eat on phase 3? (If you are there yet.)
Here's some of my phase 3 breakies (and I still lost in phase 3...)
3/4 c Mesa Sunrise Gluten Free Flakes
3/4 c Almond Milk
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 c mixed berries

1 pc GF toast
1.5 oz extra old gouda
2 scrambled eggs
1/2 apple

3/4 c Mesa Sunrise Flakes
3/4 c Almond Milk
3 oz turkey breast
small grapefruit

1 c Greek Yogourt 0% plain
1/2 banana with cinnamon
1 pc GF toast
1 tbsp. peanut butter

1 c Greek yogourt 0% plain
3/4 c mixed berries

1 Glutino Personal BBQ Chicken Pizza with 1 mushroom and 2 tbsp. chopped orange pepper added (carb, protein, fat all included)

!/2 c melon
2 eggs benny with tomato slice & spinach leaves wilted on single GF toast.

Hope that helps a bit
Liana
Old 06-08-2015, 07:34 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Here's some of my phase 3 breakies (and I still lost in phase 3...)
3/4 c Mesa Sunrise Gluten Free Flakes
3/4 c Almond Milk
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 c mixed berries

1 pc GF toast
1.5 oz extra old gouda
2 scrambled eggs
1/2 apple

3/4 c Almond Milk
3 oz turkey breast
small grapefruit

1 c Greek Yogourt 0% plain
1/2 banana with cinnamon
1 pc GF toast
1 tbsp. peanut butter

1 c Greek yogourt 0% plain
3/4 c mixed berries

1 Glutino Personal BBQ Chicken Pizza with 1 mushroom and 2 tbsp. chopped orange pepper added (carb, protein, fat all included)

!/2 c melon
2 eggs benny with tomato slice & spinach leaves wilted on single GF toast.

Hope that helps a bit
Liana
Liana-

Thank you SO much!! This is so helpful. I also saw you posted in the other thread too. We are all benefitting from your experience and wisdom. I'm about to make a yummy breakfast using one of your menus. I am so excited!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:06 AM   #110  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I just have to say that I am looking forward to these P3 breakfasts I hear about! It'll be awhile yet but a girl has to have something to look forward to, right?
Closed Thread