Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
OMG….I hit 100lbs lost at WI today!!
Congrats!! This is an awesome accomplishment!!

I have an NSV today! As you guys know, we were staying with my in-laws this weekend for a 90th birthday celebration, and a bridal shower on Saturday morning. I stuck to my guns and stayed almost 100% OP, and according to the scale this morning, I will definitely have a loss this week! Before the bridal shower, which started at 9:30 am, I ate an IP pancake for breakfast, and brought a restricted bar in case I got hungry. It's a good thing too, because it lasted until 12:30, and had scones, quiche, muffins, and tons of fruit. I did cave and have about 10 raspberries and 5 blackberries, just so I could have something on my plate. I only drank water, even though there were delicious mimosas available. Overall, it went really well, and I ate the restricted bar on the way home after the shower.

I ran to the grocery store and picked up a bunch of veggies to have for lunch along with the restricted bar, since I knew there would not be very many veggies available at the BBQ in the evening. I ate all 4 cups of veggies to make sure I got them in. At the BBQ, I ate a burger without a bun, and had exactly ONE bite of my husband's cake (we were "sharing", so people didn't ask if I wanted a slice). I wasn't even tempted by all the other food offerings like chips, potato salad, pasta salad, and tons of dips. All in all, it was a great weekend!!

We took a slight detour on our drive back home to look at a horse to replace my husband's horse that passed away a couple of weeks ago. We loved him, so we ended up making an offer which was accepted!

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend overall, and I hope it continues into the rest of the week!!
Old 03-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
OMG….I hit 100lbs lost at WI today!! I am in shock. I really didn’t think I’d hit it based on my home scale this morning. 41 weeks ago, I started this diet and went to bed crying the first night asking what I’d gotten myself into and kicking myself for wasting so much money on a crazy strict eating plan that I’d never be able to follow. I went into this diet with the mindset that it was something I needed to live with for the next year. A means to an end. Today, I couldn’t think of another way to eat or live.

I rewarded myself with a Fitbit and the Fitbit Aria scale (which gave me a higher weight than the IP scale btw) last week to prepare for the next phase of my life, exercise and maintenance. I still have 25lbs to go. It may take me longer to get there than I had originally estimated but I have every faith that if I follow the plan, I WILL get there.

Thanks for letting me have a little brag moment!
:c arrot:
Doing the happy dance for you!!! Awesome!!!! I can't wait to join you!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Hi all and congrats to some fabulous weight loss and willpower!
I also attended a shower last weekend with lots of really good food. Fortunately they had fresh veggies and chicken salad sandwiches. I did eat some chicken salad but not the bread (the host had extra left over). I did have a diet cola, which I rarely drink, and it helped fill me up so I couldn't even finish it.
So far since I started on March 5th, I have attended a breakfast with friends, a wedding shower and a meal out with my husband in a restaurant with no problems. It was easier than I thought it would be.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Today is my 1st day on the plan. It is inspiring toread about everyone's victories. I meal planned today and am heading food shopping. I feel like lack of planning has gotten me in the past so am Hopi g to stay on target with some prepping!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #20  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

NSV this weekend -> one of the "dog Moms" from the dog park commented that I look like I'd lost weight!!! (we hadn't run into each other since last fall). HooRay!!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
OMG….I hit 100lbs lost at WI today!! I am in shock. I really didn’t think I’d hit it based on my home scale this morning. 41 weeks ago, I started this diet and went to bed crying the first night asking what I’d gotten myself into and kicking myself for wasting so much money on a crazy strict eating plan that I’d never be able to follow. I went into this diet with the mindset that it was something I needed to live with for the next year. A means to an end. Today, I couldn’t think of another way to eat or live.

I rewarded myself with a Fitbit and the Fitbit Aria scale (which gave me a higher weight than the IP scale btw) last week to prepare for the next phase of my life, exercise and maintenance. I still have 25lbs to go. It may take me longer to get there than I had originally estimated but I have every faith that if I follow the plan, I WILL get there.

WOO HOO Congrats!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:

That is a HUGE accomplishment!!!! So happy for you!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:19 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
We took a slight detour on our drive back home to look at a horse to replace my husband's horse that passed away a couple of weeks ago. We loved him, so we ended up making an offer which was accepted!
Legal - Congrats on staying 98% OP with all that temptation! Also, glad to read you've found a new horse. I loved our QB X TB - unfortunately it got way too expensive to keep him in NoVa

Quote:
Today is my 1st day on the plan. It is inspiring toread about everyone's victories. I meal planned today and am heading food shopping. I feel like lack of planning has gotten me in the past so am Hopi g to stay on target with some prepping!
Welcome Jennifer - I am approximately 7 weeks in to IP (but not new to trying to lose weight) and will say, 'you got it' about preparation. One of the best quotes I ever saw is:
"If you fail to plan, plan to fail"
Not very encouraging, but very truthful. One nice thing about IP though is that you CAN easily be prepared - keep packets (or pre-made shakes / bars) with you at all times (purse, car, etc...) so even if you don't have "real" food choices you are never caught off guard.

Last edited by hysteria_625; 03-23-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #24  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

CenTXChk, you are super amazing. I was just thinking about how challenging it will be to get through spring and summer with all the nice outings and bbq's. You inspired me today with your 41 weeks and 100 lbs!

Last week I mentioned I am going to a 3 day music festival on the beach, but what I failed to mention was a 12 hour car trip each way and a week at the beach before the 3 day festival. For the most part I can stay OP, but it's going to be hard. Should I phase out so I won't be freaked out about staying OP the whole time or should I try to force it? I'm not sure what to do.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

That is quite the accomplishment! So happy for you! And what a great way to reward yourself. If you haven't already, start reading Life after Phase 1, and the Maintainers threads. You'll be joining us soon!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Haha, just spent 15 minutes voting for our community in the kraft hockeyville competition. I think my eyes are going to fall out of my head!

I agree with Hysteria, planning is definitely key! And always having packets on hand is a must, even a days worth of supplements in your purse.

Great Dane, awesome NSV, Kimo too!

We all rock, and together we can do this!
Old 03-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #27  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I just went off program. My first deviation since I (re)started two weeks ago. I was stupid and didn't plan, and I was so hungry, and my coworker made some unbelievably delicious-smelling hot artichoke and cheese dip. So I had a few scoops of that and some tortilla chips with it. Then I ate a cherry oat bar. Sigh...My first weigh-in is tomorrow and I think in my brain I just felt like, you know what, I resisted temptation this whole time and lost 11 lbs, and couldn't handle the thought of more hardboiled eggs from the supermarket, so decided screw it. I am very cognizant of my mistake and am getting right back on track now. I know I won't be back in ketosis for three more days. Onward...

Last edited by Stargazing; 03-23-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:51 PM   #28  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote of the day, between me and my coworker:

Coworker: Cheat daaaaaay.
Me: THERE'S NO SUCH THING!
Old 03-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #29  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Quote of the day, between me and my coworker:

Coworker: Cheat daaaaaay.
Me: THERE'S NO SUCH THING!
Haha people are the worst sometimes!! I get that "cheat day!" or "Cmon have a cheat meal!" and it's like NOPE! No cheating allowed over here!
Old 03-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 246.3/236.4/150

Height: 5 ft 5 in

You're amazing, CenTXChk!!!

I asked for some advice here at the end of last week about dealing with cravings, and holy cow did you folks deliver. I was reading the responses religiously on my phone.

Tonight, I'm having dinner out with an old friend who is coming to town on business. I'm excited to see him, but nervous about going to a real restaurant on IP. Unfortunately, we arranged this before I started the program, and we agreed on an Italian restaurant. The place where I live is known for good Italian food, so it seemed like a smart idea at the time. Ah well. I've looked over the menu and they have a seafood dish that is not breaded/fried (just simmered in spicy broth.) Fingers crossed!

I must be having some anxiety about this meal, because I had an intense, almost naughty dream last night about eating a hunk of Italian bread. Amazing what becomes "bad behavior" when you go on this kind of program
Closed Thread