Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a great day. Pretty cold here in the midwest, and something about IP makes me cold all the time anyway. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and am so excited to see my progress. Last week I had been drinking the ICE water that has 0sugar and 0carbs so I thought it was OK but didnt realize that the carbonation was no great for the diet so I will not be drinking those as often anymore! My coach told me to use Mio in my water instead for a little extra flavor. How much is too much? Is a couple times a day ok or is that way too often.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp1111 View Post
Last night I had the weirdest feeling. I suddenly started feeling nauseous. It came on fast. I tried to eat something and that didn't help the situation. I was freezing cold and shaking. After about 2 hours of feeling this way it went away as fast as it come on. I've been on my reboot/restart IP for 6 days now. Has this happened to anyone else?
Sometimes the supplements will make me nauseated.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #63  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

Height: 5'4"

I haven't been doing too well even sticking to 90%...I do better in a boot camp protocol. I know that's not recommended but I can stick to the diet better that way. I have BCAAs that I will take to make up the extra protein. Too many options cause me to take more and more. Until I can psychologically avoid eating all the things because I can somehow make them fit my guidelines, I need to be extra extra strict.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #64  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

@ Linda.lou Glad to hear you are feeling better! It is day 5 for me and I am way better than I felt the first couple of days.
@ Mike what an awesome loss over vacation.

This is day 5 for me 100% on plan. Each day is getting better and I am really looking forward to my first WI on Saturday.
Stay strong everyone!
Old 01-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

In the 6th week. Have been feeling HUNGRY. Maybe it's the cold weather. Have been putting my veggies in chicken stock and using the immersion blender. Sleepy, too.

WI tomorrow. Wish somebody would notice I'm losing weight. LOL!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #66  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Last night I had the weirdest feeling. I suddenly started feeling nauseous. It came on fast. I tried to eat something and that didn't help the situation. I was freezing cold and shaking. After about 2 hours of feeling this way it went away as fast as it come on. I've been on my reboot/restart IP for 6 days now. Has this happened to anyone else?
I've gotten very nauseous on IP from the multivitamins. First thing in the morning with a shake sometimes did this. And it wasn't just a little bit nauseous- I would sometimes even vomit.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

During the first 3 weeks of IP, I was COLD all the time....especially my fingers. They were like icicles!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #68  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiekat View Post
Week one is in the books....down 14 pounds and 4 inches!!!! Still craving a few things but mostly a mental thing than a I NEED thing.
Congrats kristiekat, that is an excellent start! Hopefully it'll keep you motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7059 View Post
Hi everyone. I Just had my WI today after being on vacation for two weeks. I managed to lose 10.5 pounds, while going phase 2 with a touch of cheating. I'm under 300 for the first time in 10 years and am wearing clothes from my college days.
Wow Mike, that's awesome, so pleased for you. Keep it up!

Quote:
Potentially many reasons for this. Only time I get the nausea and shaking is if I have too much water and my sodium and/or potassium levels get too low. I see many others have weighed in with what causes it for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
I have my second weigh in tomorrow and am so excited to see my progress. Last week I had been drinking the ICE water that has 0sugar and 0carbs so I thought it was OK but didnt realize that the carbonation was no great for the diet so I will not be drinking those as often anymore! My coach told me to use Mio in my water instead for a little extra flavor. How much is too much? Is a couple times a day ok or is that way too often.
Good luck with your WI, Andi. A couple of quick squirts is enough per glass (assuming it's a 10-12 oz). Try it and adjust as required. I personally have a bloating issue with the amount of sodium in the additives if I have more than 2 per day, but we're all different. Only thing you can do is test your tolerance and see if you have issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffetadarling View Post
I haven't been doing too well even sticking to 90%...I do better in a boot camp protocol. I know that's not recommended but I can stick to the diet better that way. I have BCAAs that I will take to make up the extra protein. Too many options cause me to take more and more. Until I can psychologically avoid eating all the things because I can somehow make them fit my guidelines, I need to be extra extra strict.
What are you excluding that is making it difficult for you to stick to mainly OP? Are these things that you can incorporate into the diet on a regular basis without having much effect on your loss pattern? I have a hard time giving up chocolate, so we found the ChocoRite dark chocolate bar as an occasional treat. I hate pancakes without butter, so I allow myself a tsp of that on pancake days. They aren't part of the protocol, but they ensure that I will stay on IP as long as it takes. I would rather build in a minor workaround than fall off the diet completely.

I think I remember that you take BCAAs because you are also exercising (gym, was it?) on IP. This means that you should be supplementing additional packet or acceptable caloric/carb equivalent anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
It is day 5 for me and I am way better than I felt the first couple of days.

This is day 5 for me 100% on plan. Each day is getting better and I am really looking forward to my first WI on Saturday.
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Lilaberry! Hoping you have an excellent first WI to kick start you into happy ketosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
In the 6th week. Have been feeling HUNGRY. Maybe it's the cold weather. Have been putting my veggies in chicken stock and using the immersion blender. Sleepy, too.

WI tomorrow. Wish somebody would notice I'm losing weight. LOL!
Yes, yes, yes. I have also been experiencing hunger once again. I'm sure it's the cold. Good luck on your WI, MizBeadz.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:52 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all...
work, work, work....
Power outages with accompanying alarm calls from businesses that need to be investigated, slippery streets just above freezing temps and unplowed side roads, having to dig myself out a couple times.
Sheesh!
If I don't lose a few pounds from the heavy exercise, I'll be OK.
Sleeping in 2 - 3 hour increments this week, as I am working two jobs and my Avon business, plus volunteer commitments.
This should end soon. I will sleep for a week.

Liana
Old 01-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #70  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi all...
work, work, work....
Power outages with accompanying alarm calls from businesses that need to be investigated, slippery streets just above freezing temps and unplowed side roads, having to dig myself out a couple times.
Sheesh!
If I don't lose a few pounds from the heavy exercise, I'll be OK.
Sleeping in 2 - 3 hour increments this week, as I am working two jobs and my Avon business, plus volunteer commitments.
This should end soon. I will sleep for a week.

Liana
Hang in there Liana - you rock!!

The DC area only had 1-3 inches of snow in the early morning yesterday, but accompanied by below freezing temps and serious wind chill throughout the day... quite brutal here, but nothing like what you must be having in Canada.

Yesterday afternoon I had to shovel the driveway (long enough to hold a line of 5 cars). I was aggravated to have to shovel but I was VERY happy to note that doing that shoveling this year (now 50+ lbs lighter) was much less of a chore that it was last year. Nice NSV for me!

Meanwhile, I am hoping you get to partake of magic sleep very soon, Liana!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Height: 5'8

2nd day of my reboot and 100% OP. Feels good to be on track. I may have overdone my activity today - walked the dogs and then major cleaning project to put the house back together after Christmas - logged 22,000 steps on the fitbit. tomorrow I will take it a bit easier as I don't want to impact my losses. I did have an extra packet after my walk.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:20 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Any ideas what one is too do if they run out of food before their next weigh in? I am ready to join again but don't think I will have enough food before my next WI 1/17.
I was thinking of replacing the food I run out of with a hi protein food, like Hard Boiled eggs. Thoughts?
Go to the first post of this thread and find the link to the alternative products thread. Lots of great ideas there
Closed Thread