Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Steph: we must have been typing at the same time. Glad you made it back safely. I hate going to Costco on the weekends, but you got to go. Must get veggies. Lol. Jump on the 100% wagon.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Steph, so happy that you made it home safely! That kind of stress is exhausting.

Want2b, phase 1 all day, some fats with dinner. Need to drop 5 pounds to get back to the bottom of my range. I go back to school tomorrow. Have had a nice, quiet final two days of vacation.

Will be eating frozen veggies tonight! Since I am low on fresh veg. too, but I refuse to go out!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2

Thankfully hubby has offered to drive me to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Won't make it to Costco today but that's okay - it's so crazy there on the weekends. I'll just pick up enough to get by for the next few days. I've been busy this morning trying to get the house in order and put away all the new stuff I acquired over the holidays. I got a beautiful stand up jewelry box so it will take a while to get that organized. I also picked up some new clothes which makes me feel like I need to purge some old stuff.

I piled up all the extra chocolate/cookies/goodies we received over the holidays on my husband's desk and instructed him to get rid of it. He asked me how he was supposed to lose weight with all this stuff. Not my problem! lol He doesn't really need to lose weight. Some exercise would do him some good though. The lucky guy has a gym at work and they are encouraged to use it during the work day. How nice is that?!
Old 01-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Steph, do spouses have work gym privileges too??? Might be a cost saving thought? Just stocked up on veg this afternoon as well. Haven't had cucumber for a bit as it was so high, today 97 cents. And 4 green peppers for $1.77, plus a really big nice looking romaine lettuce for $1.77. I got myself a big bag of brown cremini mushrooms last week for $2 a lb, they are still awesome and crunchy, I hate to cook them - been eating them raw. Almost out of organic celery and hoping for a bargain on it in the near future.
It has been snowing like crazy here all day - nowhere near quitting... NOT looking forward to driving in to work tonight . Glad the Albertans got home safe - friends had to drive one son/step-son halfway back to Calgary (other parent coming halfway from their side) - it took them 10 hours from the Shuswap to Golden. Those of you who are Western Canadian will know how horrible this is! Hwy 1 was closed by the RCMP for a bit the other day due to bad black ice.

Liana
Old 01-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #20  

Hi Liana - unfortunately spouses don't get to use the gym. I asked as soon as I heard about it! Glad you got some nice veggies today. I bought a green cauliflower for the first time. It was cheaper than the white cauliflower. Is it basically the same thing?

Be safe on those roads! It was so awful yesterday and I'm surprised Highway 1 wasn't closed to be honest. Of course there were numerous huge trucks with snowmobiles in the back hauling *** down the highway. Scary!!! The roads within Calgary are awful. They are covered with packed snow and it's -20 C. I have good winter tires and I'm sliding around like crazy. Glad I don't work tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Steph, do spouses have work gym privileges too??? Might be a cost saving thought? Just stocked up on veg this afternoon as well. Haven't had cucumber for a bit as it was so high, today 97 cents. And 4 green peppers for $1.77, plus a really big nice looking romaine lettuce for $1.77. I got myself a big bag of brown cremini mushrooms last week for $2 a lb, they are still awesome and crunchy, I hate to cook them - been eating them raw. Almost out of organic celery and hoping for a bargain on it in the near future.
It has been snowing like crazy here all day - nowhere near quitting... NOT looking forward to driving in to work tonight . Glad the Albertans got home safe - friends had to drive one son/step-son halfway back to Calgary (other parent coming halfway from their side) - it took them 10 hours from the Shuswap to Golden. Those of you who are Western Canadian will know how horrible this is! Hwy 1 was closed by the RCMP for a bit the other day due to bad black ice.

Liana
Old 01-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Hi Liana - unfortunately spouses don't get to use the gym. I asked as soon as I heard about it! Glad you got some nice veggies today. I bought a green cauliflower for the first time. It was cheaper than the white cauliflower. Is it basically the same thing?

Be safe on those roads! It was so awful yesterday and I'm surprised Highway 1 wasn't closed to be honest. Of course there were numerous huge trucks with snowmobiles in the back hauling *** down the highway. Scary!!! The roads within Calgary are awful. They are covered with packed snow and it's -20 C. I have good winter tires and I'm sliding around like crazy. Glad I don't work tomorrow!
It's called broccoflower and it's a cross since they are both Brassica. You can also get an orange one with beta-carotene, not sure how they get that one, it may be just another variety.

Well, I didn't make it in to work last night... left the house prepared for a long slow drive in, but got 25 feet from my driveway and high centered. Called the boss in town & she (apparently) went out in my place. Snow is continuing to fall and in some places the Hwy has a foot despite constant clearing by all the plows. Residential areas have been left as the crews concentrate on access to emergency services like hwy, hospital, ambulance and fire stations. Some areas have 5 feet of snow. Feels a bit like Buffalo earlier this winter. Couldn't make it in to my other job this morning either, no plowing has been done yet - 1/2 the town is closed, schools, bus service, etc. I don't even think Fed-Ex will be in to pick up the documents anyhow since the Hwy is closed in both directions due to an avalanche last night and continuing avalanche control.
Supposed to patrol tonight but the Severe Winter Storm Warning is still continuing for today and into tomorrow. DH is off to clear my parents' roof as temps are expected to rise above freezing in a couple of days. What a mess things will be.

Liana
Old 01-05-2015, 04:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Oh my goodness Liana! That sounds like a nightmare! I hope the snow stops soon! Crazy weather! Its cold here but at least the sun is shining!

Slip; enjoy your last day off. And I'm sure you will be in your low range soon. I'm still mid range. Hope to get back to my exercise schedule tonight with zumba.

Steph; Glad you made it home safe. I had a friend from Calgary travel home the other day and said it was white out conditions until Edmonton. Scary! And good for you in getting rid of the junk food. A person doesn't need that stuff around.

Want2B; Sounds like you have a great plan and are back on track! I'm working at drinking that water!

Hi Jenny; been reading your posts from maintenance thread, sounds like fun skating! And 30 km run! Wow, good goal. I admire you in running 15km!

Things are going well. I am still working at getting to low range but am glad that I don't have too far to go. And its nice to get back into a routine of life once again, that always helps with keeping things in check. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #23  

Hi all,

Pretty good first day back at school today At scream weight this morning, so I expect to be moving back down again tomorrow- mid range here I come!

Liana, the weather sounds horrendous! Hope it improves soon,was your boss at least pleasant?

Hawaii, it is so nice to be back in a routine! It is amazing how many holiday social activities include food and alcohol. Good on you for doing Zumba. I am so uncoordinated!!!!

Steph, how did you do today? I sent all the food home with my guests. So much, that they complained too!

Want2b, back on track?

Isn't it nice that we do not have to start on a weight loss resolution this year?
Old 01-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #24  

Liana - do you think the broccoflower will taste okay steamed and mashed? That is usually what I do with cauliflower. It makes a nice dip for meat. We are having some local, antibiotic free, farmer chicken tonight. Yum. The juices leftover from these chickens are amazing. I am often caught slurping some from a spoon out of the crockpot before cleaning it out - doh!

Hawaii - we had such a mild December - I guess this is our punishment lol. January is usually pretty brutal anyway so I shouldn't be surprised. Wednesday is supposed to be warm and then back to freezing temps on Thursday which means more slippery roads and accidents for us!

Hi Slipfree - I did a Phase 1 day yesterday and Phase 3 now until we leave for our cruise on January 20. I love holidays but it really messes with the plan! lol

I have only left the house today to shovel the walks and a short walk to 7-11 for a coffee to get some extra steps in. I was very annoyed to see that my Jawbone Up activity tracker stopped tracking my steps at 1pm for no reason at all so my walk wasn't even counted. It stopped tracking steps yesterday for a period of time as well. I am already on my second bracelet since April due to a previous malfunction. I really depend on this thing to make sure I am moving enough.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #25  

Hi all,

We are entering "real" cold for the 1st time this winter. Ugh, I hate it!

Down a pound this morning, yay! Still keeping pretty carb light.

Loving being back in my routine. Refused to go out to dinner with a friend tonight because I want to stay on track until I am back to the low part of my range.

How are all of you?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #26  

Didn't end up working last night, my boss who is a sweety did the run 1x around with her 4X4 but none of the side roads were cleared so that was the end of that. DH did our roof today; I will post a picture tomorrow of the snowfall a la the snow on top of our Dodge 2500 yesterday afternoon, before the power went out for 9 hours. Did we need any extra weather stress?? WAAAAH! It started with freezing rain this morning, luckily warming up enough for just plain light rain and +1C tonight. I did make it out for my orthodontist apptmt and to check & see if I could get to the patrol car at my boss' house. I'm hoping their road is actually plowed before I get there tonight because it sure wasn't earlier this afternoon.

Liana
Old 01-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #27  

Liana, please be safe. Your weather and the roads seem treacherous. I hope you have a lot of wood stored up for a fire.

Lost power for three days here last winter and I was miserable with no heat and the roads were not cleared. Hope things improve there soon.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #28  

Hi everyone,

Pretty good day today. School, some clothes and Grocery shopping. Quickly made a bowl of steamed cauliflower when I got home to fight off my hungries. Ate it while I waited for my Salsa chicken to cook.

Good news, my clinic is now offering monthly weigh in and coaching sessions to all graduates for free. Yay! Place to go if I get in trouble

Below zero temps here now too. Yuck! That is why I went clothes shopping, wanted a few sweaters that are now on sale. School is 62 degrees all day, I so hate being cold.

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-07-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #29  

Hi Ladies,

I've been checking in daily but don't always have anything worthwhile to write :P I don't know what's up with me but I am PMSing like mad. My breasts are so swollen and sore - it is really uncomfortable, and my tummy is quite bloated. They have been like this for a week now and I was pretty sure my period wasn't due until at least mid January. Sorry for TMI. I can't help but think the off plan eating for almost 2 weeks is responsible. This is day #4 back on track and my Ketostix have been showing ketones so why isn't it getting better?! Bah! Oh, and I wanted to eat bad things today. Very many bad things. But I didn't!

Slip - I'm glad your clinic is offering the free check-ups. I'm very lucky that my clinic allows maintainers to check in for free any time and we also get 10% off product. My coach still considers me a maintainer even though I'm rebooting. She's fantastic! I'm sorry your school is so chilly. The clinic I work in is freezing as well so I have to wear a long sleeved shirt under my scrubs. And then I'm still cold! I get home and immediately change into my fleece onsie. I feel like a 33 year old baby but wow, is it ever comfy

Liana - Have the roads been cleared up so you can get to work?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Grrrr! Not happy with myself, I have fallen and can't get back 100% for more then one day. I always end up eating something I shouldn't, it may not be a lot but still not 100% OP. But everyday I keep trying. I am not giving up, going to "fake it, till I make it". Hopefully the "making it" part, starts soon. Thanks for letting me vent friends. I know we have all been here and it will get better.
Closed Thread