Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Sorry about the car. Glad you booked the spa before the car issues, it will be well deserved for both of you. I love that your BFF is your SIL. I have a wonderful SIL as well, we get along great and love to do things together, she is more like a sister then a SIL since I only have 2 brothers.

I am happy to report yesterday was a 100% day, trying for day 2. The scale is going down. Yeah!! The early morning circuit training got cancelled but they are trying to do a early morning spin class, fingers are crossed that starts.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Want2B; good for you in being 100%! Good feeling.

Steph; I'm sorry to hear of your husbands Grandma. Stress is tough, a person wants comfort. I'm glad to hear you are able to do some running at the gym. It helps with the stress.

Slip; what a generous friend you are! Isn't it fun to give? I hope your car repair bill won't be bad. I backed into my kids friends little car. I was barely moving but a big dent so I'm hoping it won't be a big bill either.

So, not a bad week food wise so far. I too am dealing with some stress, family health and life. But, I am trying to get that release from exercise. I am never in the mood either Slip to leave the house in winter when its dark but I know it'll be worth it if I'm exercising especially in dealing with stress. Have a great day ladies.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Thanks friends! Car is fixed, oil sensor and it did not break the bank.

Want2b, 100 %!!! I am pretty lucky in SIL s, I am the only girl too (with 2 brothers).

Hawaii, I do really like to give. In fact, I like giving more than getting. I think that birthdays are about making people feeling special. The spa has yoga available and that is very important to my BFF. The Spa/Resort is 1.5 hours away from home. Spa treatments and relaxation during the day, then my mom and BFF's daughter are joining us for dinner that night. It is going to be a lot of fun. Yoga and brunch the next day. Sorry to hear about the car- stinks! Glad that you are turning to exercise, and not food -to deal with life's stress. Hoping that your family member's health improves.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #49  

WI day for me, down 2.2lbs this week!!! Starting to get my motivation back, which is a huge thing for me. I have been 100% the last couple of days. I have been reading about weightloss again, that seems to help me get my mojo back

Hope everyone is having a good OP week.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Finally got the internet working at home. Everyone us happier, we are all a little screen addicted and the kids need it for reading and math for school.

Slip - good news about your car. Sounds like you are back in control.

Want2b - way to go on being 100%.

Steph and sending you will power. Good job saying no to the donuts.

Liana- are you starting to lack for your trip?

Hawaii sounds like you've got stuff going on. Hope you are able to de stress with the exercise and things calm soon.

Work has been busy but that seems to keep me from thinking about food. Thankfully I can drink water easily and I have been known to eat lunch in front of a client if I've booked them in around that time. Some clients want to come in on their lunch break to avoid missing class. They are the exception, most want to miss school for therapy. .
Old 01-14-2015, 10:40 PM   #51  

Want2b is feeling the WL mojo! Great weigh in, so long 2.2 pounds.

Jenny, feeling back on track, but the pounds are very slow incoming off. Think it is because of TOM. Just need to stick too it. Had a very stressful day today issues with the kids and a colleague, but I did not turn to sugar. Yay!

Guess being so busy is a blessing right now for you, but not even getting a short break for lunch must be tough. I do love my iPad at home, am a bit addicted myself.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip way to go not turning to sugar. Hope Friday brings less stress at work. Hang in there those lbs will be off very soon. Wishing you a woosh when TOM is done

Heading out now for our short run, hoping to get 10km in. This Saturday it is supposed to be +2 which is considered warm for this time of year so that will make for more enjoyable running this weekend.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #53  

I am obsessed with steamed cauliflower right now. I have eaten it 5 days in a row! Little butter, pepper, garlic salt on it. I swear it is helping me stay on track because I am full.

Jenny, thank you for your support. Today was a much better day at work. I am shivering, just thinking of you running that distance in the cold. You go, girl!
Old 01-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Want2B; Way to go! Feels good to be back in control hey!

Jenny: Things are good. Surgery went well for my family member and glad its all done. Had a great run on the treadmill at the gym yesterday. Its a great destressor for me!

Slip; I just bought a gift certificate for someone at a spa. Love spas! And like you, I enjoy giving. Its much more fun than receiving for sure! Your steamed cauliflower sounds so good.

Steph; Hope you are well. Are you getting to the gym still?

I'm having a good week eating wise. Digestion seems better. I hope to do something exercise wise today. The scale is reading 2 lbs above low range weight goal so am glad. Its a sunny day today which I have been missing. I'm amazed at how much better I feel when the sun comes out. Happier, more energy, just bring on the sunshine. The days are slowly getting long so that's a bonus too! Have a great Friday all you October newbies. Hi to everyone who hasn't posted for awhile. I hope you are well.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all! Reading a lot, just not posting much - mainly due to work time. Keep up the good work.

Countdown to Cabo - 1 week today!!

Still need to pack, actually still need to figure out what luggage first, lol. We each have a free checked bag plus our carry-ons, but have to lug them up some stairs to our little hotel in town. Don't want to be a maniac and take too much (I don't usually, DH is the 'kitchen sink' packer).

Liana
Old 01-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #56  

Good morning,

Feeling much more optimistic today. Got some good rest, am below scream weight and the sun is shining. Still freezing outside but bright at least.

Liana, so jealous of your upcoming trip. Sounds like you need a break from everything( jobs and weather) so enjoy.

Steph, are you still on your cruise?

Hiker- are you out there?

Luccilove, miss you posting.

Want2b, what's on for this weekend?

Jenny and Hawaii, just ordered a Fitbit. Got a pretty low price and I need some motivation to move more in the winter. Have fun with you runs this weekend.

Schenectady, have not seen you posting. Have been thinking about you. How is the house construction going?
Old 01-17-2015, 03:10 PM   #57  

Slip: Not much planned for this weekend, need to get some rest. I have been pretty tired lately. DH flys to West Virginia tomorrow for work, so he will be gone all of next week, not looking forward to that, but will manage.

Liana: The countdown is on. Is it just you and DH or are you meeting friend there? Have a great time, soak up the sun and heat.

Hawaii: The sun always puts a smile on my face too. Enjoy.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all Oct/Nov folks!
The Cabo vacation is just the two of us. Unless we are headed to Italy (in that case family is involved) we have always been just the two of us on our vacations. We are kind of selfish that way, lol. We don't want to have to consider what anybody else feels like doing, plus although we preplan a lot, we also do a lot of winging it depending on what we find when we get to our destination. Tips from locals go a long way in deciding what to see, where to eat, and where to stay. We've never been the 'all-inclusive' type. we are the '3 weeks backpacking in the Northern Philippines', 'finding a good surfing beach and local hotel in Costa Rica' sort.

Liana
Old 01-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #59  

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone,

Haven't left for the cruise yet. That's not until Tuesday. WI was yesterday. Scale didn't move much but the BCA showed my body fat went way down back to where it was prior to Christmas so that was nice to see. I was at the gym 4 times this week so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I really should stay really strict 100% until the cruise. My husband signed us up for an International food tour today and I ate too much but wow, was it ever good. It was bad timing but this tour sells out months in advance so I enjoyed it. Really feeling the bloat tonight!

Something goofy is going on with our hot water in this old rental house of ours. DH is trying to fix it without calling the plumber. Calling a plumber on the weekend is big $. I think his head is going to explode!

S.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:45 PM   #60  

Steph- oh no, hope it got fixed! Plummers any time mean big $$, let alone on a weekend. Food tour sounds fun.

Funny story, so...you know the restaurant that I went to tonight for my niece's birthday? The one with very few healthy options? 40 minutes away from home, I am running late because I got lost, I approach the door, look in the picture window and see---my IP coaches (they own the clinic)!!!!!! Immediately, I think- I guess I won't be eating pasta, lol.

They were super nice. Told me how great that I looked. We actually toasted wine glasses. Life can be very funny.
Closed Thread