3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   July 2014 Starters Continue Journey in 2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301315-july-2014-starters-continue-journey-2015-a.html)

Kellyc14 01-21-2015 11:46 AM

I started in May, but you gals are great!! and I'd love to be a part of your group!! :):)

oneuh2 01-21-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5121065)
I started in May, but you gals are great!! and I'd love to be a part of your group!! :):)

Welcome Kellyc14!!!! :welcome2:

Glad to have you join our little crew!! We are nothing really special - just all trying to stay OP and headed for goal -- and then determined to maintain!!

oneuh2 01-21-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5121046)
Congrats Loser and Sue on your losses!! :)

Oneuh2 - fingers crossed for you tomorrow!!

I too get the "ugh, another week..." mentality, I think that's been part of my slump the last few weeks. But I'm coming out of that, and ready to kick the rest of this weight out of here!

I finally figured out a way to work in some exercise. My son stays for afternoon care at his school, which is 3/4 mile from our house. Yesterday I drove home, put on my sneakers and walked to pick him up. He said it was fun to walk home, so win-win :) Now on days when the weather permits (not sure about today it's supposed to rain this afternoon), we'll be doing that again. I also signed up for a 6-week Yoga class that will meet on Sunday evenings starting mid-February. I'm hoping to transition that into going 1-2 times a week after the intro class.

Enough about exercise, more about brownies :D Last night, I warmed one up and drizzled on some caramel sauce - oh my heavens it was yummy!!!

Thanks for the good wishes - I seem to be floundering on the scale though I have been eating in accordance with protocol... I think I need to get religious about measuring rather than eyeballing, and being more precise about water and supplements.

Meanwhile... I am down a couple of pounds on the DietBet game that I began on January 1st. I just did a weekly token weigh in this morning (there is a weekly drawing with prizes for those who do weekly 'in progress' weigh in's). I need to drop another pound by the end of the month - surely hope I can deliver on that small result!

Question for you JJTx - did you find a store locally in your corner of Texas that sells the WF Caramel sauce/dip? Or did you find another product? I have to order online to get all WF except most salad dressings... I am about to place an order, but I thought I would ask for details on what you found. I know you did not have the sauce a few days ago..... :)

JJTx 01-21-2015 07:54 PM

We have two store chains Locally that carry "some" WF products. One is regional, the other is Whole Foods - do you have those?

Welcome Kelly! :)

JJTx 01-22-2015 01:35 AM

Correction- not Whole Foods, it was a Sprouts where I found WF products. Sorry about the brain break!

Sgrealtor1 01-22-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5120545)
Re. brownies - I don't use any alternatives, so I was referring to the IP one. Also yummy is the caramel-nut bar, it's almost like a snickers! :D try freezing the Carmel nut bar OMG!

Hope everyone has a great OP week!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5121046)
Congrats Loser and Sue on your losses!! :)

Oneuh2 - fingers crossed for you tomorrow!!

I too get the "ugh, another week..." mentality, I think that's been part of my slump the last few weeks. But I'm coming out of that, and ready to kick the rest of this weight out of here!

I finally figured out a way to work in some exercise. My son stays for afternoon care at his school, which is 3/4 mile from our house. Yesterday I drove home, put on my sneakers and walked to pick him up. He said it was fun to walk home, so win-win :) Now on days when the weather permits (not sure about today it's supposed to rain this afternoon), we'll be doing that again. I also signed up for a 6-week Yoga class that will meet on Sunday evenings starting mid-February. I'm hoping to transition that into going 1-2 times a week after the intro class.

Enough about exercise, more about brownies :D Last night, I warmed one up and drizzled on some caramel sauce - oh my heavens it was yummy!!!

Great way to get some exercise in! I really need to start doing something....:dizzy:

Quote:

Yes Kelly and you are doing awsome! Welcome to our little group! :carrot::carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5121216)
Welcome Kellyc14!!!! :welcome2:

Glad to have you join our little crew!! We are nothing really special - just all trying to stay OP and headed for goal -- and then determined to maintain!!

. we are so special lol. :kickbutt::kickbutt:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5121218)
Thanks for the good wishes - I seem to be floundering on the scale though I have been eating in accordance with protocol... I think I need to get religious about measuring rather than eyeballing, and being more precise about water and supplements.

Meanwhile... I am down a couple of pounds on the DietBet game that I began on January 1st. I just did a weekly token weigh in this morning (there is a weekly drawing with prizes for those who do weekly 'in progress' weigh in's). I need to drop another pound by the end of the month - surely hope I can deliver on that small result!

Question for you JJTx - did you find a store locally in your corner of Texas that sells the WF Caramel sauce/dip? Or did you find another product? I have to order online to get all WF except most salad dressings... I am about to place an order, but I thought I would ask for details on what you found. I know you did not have the sauce a few days ago..... :)

I find WF at A&P. Not sure If you have them by you. My local Shoprite also carries some of the products..

Leaving for North Carolina tomorrow with mom for my cousins wedding weekend. Bringing my IP foods, but not sure how easy it will be to stay op. Kind of a fu fu ish wedding from what I am hearing so my choices will be limited. We have a reversal dinner tomorrow night, then the wedding and brunch reception Saturday followed by the after party on Saturday night! Ugh! Oh and cocktail parties before Friday and Saturday! Please give me good food vibes lol

oneuh2 01-22-2015 09:55 PM

Remedy for Constipation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5121371)
Leaving for North Carolina tomorrow with mom for my cousins wedding weekend. Bringing my IP foods, but not sure how easy it will be to stay op. Kind of a fu fu ish wedding from what I am hearing so my choices will be limited. We have a reversal dinner tomorrow night, then the wedding and brunch reception Saturday followed by the after party on Saturday night! Ugh! Oh and cocktail parties before Friday and Saturday! Please give me good food vibes lol

A REVERSAL DINNER!!! How unusual!!! I have to laugh!!!:D

I am sure you will do your best to stay on program - and I expect you to come back with stories of how some family members at the wedding noticed how good you are looking with your losses to date! You are shrinking

I have some bad news to share - I weighed in at +.8 lbs today..... sniff :(

I knew that I was not dropping pounds this week... and the Smooth Moves tea has not been helpful with the Big C.... I will try it again tonight, but so far no effects.

A buddy of mine who is also doing IP had a terrible round of constipation - she had to go to the ER because it was so bad. They treated her there, but her nurse gave her a home remedy to use to treat the big C should she have it again, and then she also gave her a regular routine for preventive maintenance -- These remedies are not on program, but the single treatment is supposed to be effective 99.9% of the time, with relief beginning within one hour, and the result a totally cleaned out system:
  • One capful of Phillips Milk of Magnesia
  • One Cup of Prune Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons of GingerAle

The recommended practice for ongoing prevention is below -- my friend adds this to her IP oatmeal or to her morning IP shake to which she often also adds spinach or kale and ice in the blender to make a smoothie:
  • 1 Tblsp fine ground Flax Seed
  • 1 Tblsp Chia Seed
  • 1 Tblsp Hemp

This is definitely home remedy stuff and I am no medical professional, but I thought I would share the info.

Meanwhile, in addition to resolving the Big C issue, I think I need to become really more precise about portion size - I can't be 100 percent on program by just eating the right foods - gotta be sure I am not overeating. With houseguests from last Thursday thru Tuesday of this week, we had several meals out in restaurants - even taking half of the veggie omelette home, I still probably had to much at one sitting, and I had a 10oz filet instead of 8oz - that was for sure too much. A little here, a little there and pretty soon we are talking real overage.

Maybe the time has come for me to use a food tracker too... I have to see if I can get myself to begin and hang in with that as a new habit. It would be good prep for maintenance, anyway... are you guys using trackers and monitoring your primary nutrients?

JJTx 01-22-2015 10:22 PM

Sue - have a great trip!! :)

Oneuh2 - I am so sorry the stupid scale was not your friend! :hug:
It could be any of the things you listed, or a combo. Hope you can get the C going, I'd say try one of the remedies even if it's a deviation for a day or two.

Did you take measurements?

I use MyFitnessPal (MFP) to track food, water, exercise- it even links up with my Fitbit so data shares across both apps/programs. On MFP it will default settings or you can setup your own, which I did so they are more in line with IP.

Stay strong! I was emailing one of my coaches the other day about something and mentioned having some frustration about recent slow losses - she said "this is the hardest part of the protocol!"

oneuh2 01-22-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5121770)
Sue - have a great trip!! :)

Oneuh2 -
Did you take measurements?

I use MyFitnessPal (MFP) to track food, water, exercise- it even links up with my Fitbit so data shares across both apps/programs. On MFP it will default settings or you can setup your own, which I did so they are more in line with IP.

Stay strong! I was emailing one of my coaches the other day about something and mentioned having some frustration about recent slow losses - she said "this is the hardest part of the protocol!"

Oh thanks for the reminder about measurements, JJTx!! All were the same except my waist was up 1 inch (bloat, big C effect maybe)?
And my thigh measure was down a half inch -- And, my fat was down 2 percent points! Could be increased lean, or perhaps the effects of the big C.... hard to say.

I need to explore MFP - I have a fitbit Aria scale, and an old fitbit that my cat has chewed on until I cannot read the info that shows on the wearable device... but it still wirelessly syncs up to my computer. I think having all the info together in MFP or in the Fitbit app is probably a good idea for me. It's time for me to check all this out in detail and then - get on with it and take action!

A pause or gain is tough to take, but it's not a reason to throw 26 weeks of good results down the drain. I am in for the duration!!!

oneuh2 01-22-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Great profile/avatar picture, Kelly!!!!

JJTx 01-22-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5121775)
A pause or gain is tough to take, but it's not a reason to throw 26 weeks of good results down the drain. I am in for the duration!!!

This, this, this!! Did you see me gain twice in December? It sucks but you know this program works and you've been working it like a rockstar!! This too shall pass (in all sense). ;)

Let me know if you get on MFP - we can be buddies :D

oneuh2 01-22-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5121782)
This, this, this!! Did you see me gain twice in December? It sucks but you know this program works and you've been working it like a rockstar!! This too shall pass (in all sense). ;)

Let me know if you get on MFP - we can be buddies :D

Cool beans, JJTx! thanks for the support - you are so often my rock!!!!

Sgrealtor1 01-23-2015 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5121763)
A REVERSAL DINNER!!! How unusual!!! I have to laugh!!!:D dang spell Check lol

I am sure you will do your best to stay on program - and I expect you to come back with stories of how some family members at the wedding noticed how good you are looking with your losses to date! You are shrinking

I have some bad news to share - I weighed in at +.8 lbs today..... sniff :(

I knew that I was not dropping pounds this week... and the Smooth Moves tea has not been helpful with the Big C.... I will try it again tonight, but so far no effects.

A buddy of mine who is also doing IP had a terrible round of constipation - she had to go to the ER because it was so bad. They treated her there, but her nurse gave her a home remedy to use to treat the big C should she have it again, and then she also gave her a regular routine for preventive maintenance -- These remedies are not on program, but the single treatment is supposed to be effective 99.9% of the time, with relief beginning within one hour, and the result a totally cleaned out system:
  • One capful of Phillips Milk of Magnesia
  • One Cup of Prune Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons of GingerAle

The recommended practice for ongoing prevention is below -- my friend adds this to her IP oatmeal or to her morning IP shake to which she often also adds spinach or kale and ice in the blender to make a smoothie:
  • 1 Tblsp fine ground Flax Seed
  • 1 Tblsp Chia Seed
  • 1 Tblsp Hemp

This is definitely home remedy stuff and I am no medical professional, but I thought I would share the info.

Meanwhile, in addition to resolving the Big C issue, I think I need to become really more precise about portion size - I can't be 100 percent on program by just eating the right foods - gotta be sure I am not overeating. With houseguests from last Thursday thru Tuesday of this week, we had several meals out in restaurants - even taking half of the veggie omelette home, I still probably had to much at one sitting, and I had a 10oz filet instead of 8oz - that was for sure too much. A little here, a little there and pretty soon we are talking real overage.

Maybe the time has come for me to use a food tracker too... I have to see if I can get myself to begin and hang in with that as a new habit. It would be good prep for maintenance, anyway... are you guys using trackers and monitoring your primary nutrients?

Ugh I feel you on the big C. Such a constant struggle for me, but I have found something that has been working for a few weeks so I am sticking to it.....every night I do smooth move double bags and let it steep covered for at least 20 minutes. With that I eat 2 squares of a IP raspberry chocolate bar. Every morning it works like a charm. I don't know what that combo has, but I'm not messing with it. This program has me so constipated some times.....ugh. One if my frustrations with no fruit.

As far as family compliments, I have not seen this side of my family for years......I doubt If anyone will even remember me let alone make a comment lol.... Last time I have seen my 3 cousins was 2004 for my younger cousins wedding. Although my Aunt and Uncle joined us in Disney this year so they will see the difference....

Ok time to finish my coffee and throw the last minute stuff in the suitcase...

Pebbles1964 01-23-2015 08:02 AM

Good morning ladies! I'm down 1.2 lbs. this morning!:dance: I was worried about that. . . . I've been in a slump too. I'm getting tired of the protocol and my mind has not been completely fixated since the holidays. I'm brushing it off and refocusing my attention. Y'all have a great day:D

JJTx 01-23-2015 10:44 AM

WTG Pebbles!!! :D