3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   July 2014 Starters Continue Journey in 2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301315-july-2014-starters-continue-journey-2015-a.html)

JJTx 02-19-2015 12:27 PM

Great job Loser on your 2 pounds gone for good!! :)

oneuh2 02-19-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5133780)
Oneuh2 - what an awesome NSV on your BP!!!

Sue - way to plan ahead and resist that yucky popcorn :p

I am already done with today, it's gone splat and it's just 9:00 a.m.

JJTx -- Wow -- has your day gone South in terms of staying on program? or is it other stuff in your life besides your weight loss program?

(in my case, I have come to hate my job in the past month, and I dread going there and dealing with work matters -- so my day goes South the night before each workday lately... just dreading having to go there. I am looking for a better place to land at my agency, but meanwhile it's 'grin and bear it'.)

Loser58 -- I have come to love the 2lb weekly loss! I hope I'll be surprised and see that today at my WI... not really expecting it, but you never know what strange thing your body will do...

I am ready for Spring and more activity outside... without snow, ice, and the wind. As the weather eases up, maybe we should set up our own challenge among ourselves for daily walking, or some kind of activity... any thoughts?

oneuh2 02-19-2015 07:56 PM

Just had my weigh in - down 1.2 - I will TAKE it!!! I expected no change at all.... and my fat percentage dropped another percentage point -- that's 2 weeks in a row of full point drops..... my coach was thrilled at that change.

I posted my loss in the 25 to Spring spreadsheet and while there I noticed that Ariel13 dropped 5+ lbs this week -- she has not been posting much lately, but I have to say: WAY TO GO, ARIEL13 !!!!

CenTXChk 02-19-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5133986)
Just had my weigh in - down 1.2 - I will TAKE it!!! I expected no change at all.... and my fat percentage dropped another percentage point -- that's 2 weeks in a row of full point drops..... my coach was thrilled at that change.

WTG Oneuh2!! Just love those unexpected losses. My coach told me once I got into the 30% fat percentage, that the number would move much quicker. What a drop! Woohoo!:carrot:

Wish I had as good of news to report. Home from my business trip and I went totally off the rails. I was doing SO good up until dinner last night. Choices for dinner were so bad. Even the salad was already tossed with dressing. Meats were covered in rich sauces. Veggies in butter. My option was to not eat at all or go off plan. It was a lengthy awards dinner so I ate. Which was followed by a glass of wine. And then another. Let's just say restaurant people know how to party and next thing I know I was going to bed at 3am this morning and the room was spinning from all the vodka tonics I'd drank.

I felt like crap so I drank a latte for breakfast and then visited one of our restaurants in Ft Worth for lunch. Basically a 24hr bender.

Paying for it today. Lawd, I am no spring chicken.

Funny enough, I feel okay about it. I went off plan and I am going back on tomorrow. I Am not going to beat myself up. I can do this even though I get the pleasure of suffering through carb cravings for the next week and a second week of crummy WI on Mon. I will get through this.

oneuh2 02-19-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5134041)
WTG Oneuh2!! Just love those unexpected losses. My coach told me once I got into the 30% fat percentage, that the number would move much quicker. What a drop! Woohoo!:carrot:

Wish I had as good of news to report. Home from my business trip and I went totally off the rails. I was doing SO good up until dinner last night. Choices for dinner were so bad. Even the salad was already tossed with dressing. Meats were covered in rich sauces. Veggies in butter. My option was to not eat at all or go off plan. It was a lengthy awards dinner so I ate. Which was followed by a glass of wine. And then another. Let's just say restaurant people know how to party and next thing I know I was going to bed at 3am this morning and the room was spinning from all the vodka tonics I'd drank.

I felt like crap so I drank a latte for breakfast and then visited one of our restaurants in Ft Worth for lunch. Basically a 24hr bender.

Funny enough, I feel okay about it. I went off plan and I am going back on tomorrow. I Am not going to beat myself up. I can do this even though I get the pleasure of suffering through carb cravings for the next week and a second week of crummy WI on Mon. I will get through this.

You almost made it home safely, CenTxChk... so glad it was just one day of transgression and you are ready to get back on the horse.... nothing like a mixed metaphor... but I think you know what I mean. Get back on the program and you can put this whole thing behind you.

Briael 02-19-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

I posted my loss in the 25 to Spring spreadsheet and while there I noticed that Ariel13 dropped 5+ lbs this week -- she has not been posting much lately, but I have to say: WAY TO GO, ARIEL13 !!!!

Grats Cheryl AND Ariel ... slow and steady, or like a mad march hare .. doesn't matter how much so long as it goes! :)

Quote:

Good attitude to have. Glad you enjoyed it enough to have such a good time. :)

Sgrealtor1 02-20-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5133780)
Oneuh2 - what an awesome NSV on your BP!!!

Sue - way to plan ahead and resist that yucky popcorn :p

I am already done with today, it's gone splat and it's just 9:00 a.m.

I hate those days that start off crappy and the they seem to never end....ugh hope it got better for you....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briael (Post 5133794)
Sounds like two wonderful NSVs today, Cheryl. :) Good luck with your WI today!

Did you actually miss the popcorn, or just the habit of having it when you go the movies? Mmmmm, jealous of the salmon and broccoli, that's my favourite meal. :)

Actually I did not miss it at all. I do think it was also due to the fact that I wasn't hungry. We were going to dinner after, I had prepared myself all day for it eating some "heavier" foods to stay full and I knew I had an emergency packet in my purse If needed....actually felt quite in control and didn't miss it. Also got to a 5:10 movie @ 5pm so there wasn't a lot of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5133834)
Yay, Sue! It was tough to hang in there after a gain, but it paid off. And a great no popcorn NSV, too. I have gone to the movies fairly frequently since beginning IP, and I miss the popcorn and diet coke. I usually bring an RTD (mango or straw/banana) to drink very slowly during the movie. That way the popcorn and candy that hubby and kids are eating don't bother me.

oneuh2 - Hope the doc gave you something to make you feel better. Isn't it great to go to the doctor and look forward to being weighed instead of dreading it? The last time I went I mentioned to the nurse during intake that I had lost weight. When she looked at my chart she did a double take and said "You've lost a ton of weight!" Not the reaction I was used to at the Dr Office.

I am down my typical 2 lbs this week. Very happy with that as I have been REALLY hungry the last few days and had an extra packet or some extra protein on a couple of days. I am so used to not being hungry on IP that it is kind of shocking to wake up hungry and be hungry again a few hours after breakfast. My coach is encouraging me to move to phase 2 before I get to goal because she thinks perhaps I need more real food. I am not sure, she is not the most knowledgeable about the program, so I may look for some advice in the daily chat.

I am trying to add more activity as my energy increases, but the cold and snow have made it quite challenging the last couple of weeks. Counting the days till spring!

Woo Hoo on the loss....yes I'm hoping Spring inspires me to do more outside activities..... I have no advice for changing phases as I am not there yet! I'll let you know what my coach says in 30 pounds lol....

Quote:

:carrot: great job!

Quote:

Ok so it was 1 night ish....lol. It happens we are humans just pick yourself back up today and keep moving on....

I have one of those weekend relocation clients here today and tomorrow..today I am picking them up at 12:30 so I'll do lunch before I get them and I have my afternoon snack in the car for as soon as I drop them off....should not be too bad today only showing 9 houses but all in 2 towns. Tomorrow will be more challenging, but I'll do my best!

oneuh2 02-20-2015 08:17 AM

Stay warm, Sue - looks like you are all set with food plan for the day - you are so good at being prepared... Honorary IP Boyscout? :D

JJTx 02-20-2015 10:18 AM

Oneuh2 - it was rough work-wise, one of those "your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on mine" kind of days, but it did so I was left scrambling. And confession time, even though I managed to avoid some off-plan foods in the morning, I did eat a couple of fun-size Twix in the afternoon. :dizzy:

Congrats on your 1.2!! As my hubby said to me on Tuesday, slow and steady wins the race. You are SO close to the end!!

CenTxChk - sorry you had a slip, but we also know how hard you worked over the trip!! And as you say, right back OP you go! :hug:

Spring is coming y'all! I saw a bluebonnet at work by where I park my car. I've been able to walk to school the last two days, today's blustery and colder (may get rainy?), so I'm not sure I'll do it today. One of my son's classmates and his brother live in our neighborhood and go to after school. I told their mom the other day about my walking and she said "that's a great idea, I should come with you sometime" - which all the boys are excited about. We were going to do it yesterday, but they had a conflict.

loser58 02-20-2015 10:33 AM

If spring is coming to Texas, it will eventually get to the Northeast, right? Just sent my son off on a snow tubing trip with friends. It is 5 degrees, probably -10 with the wind chill! I wish I was as impervious to the cold as a 13 year old boy. I have found that one downside of being smaller this winter is that I am cold all the time - I used to have a lot more insulation :)

CenTXChk 02-20-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5134200)
If spring is coming to Texas, it will eventually get to the Northeast, right? Just sent my son off on a snow tubing trip with friends. It is 5 degrees, probably -10 with the wind chill! I wish I was as impervious to the cold as a 13 year old boy. I have found that one downside of being smaller this winter is that I am cold all the time - I used to have a lot more insulation :)

Amen! I live in TX and have been freezing all winter. I don't know how you guys handle the weather up north after losing so much weight. Brrrrrrr!

oneuh2 02-20-2015 04:30 PM

JJTx - I hope you really savored the Twix -- every now and then I am near s candy or cookie and I feel compelled to indulge. This is not a regular thing, but I confess that I do succumb sometimes. By and large we have done a great job staying OP... and we all know there is no such thing as perfection.

I am inside the Wash DC beltway but in Northern Virginia - we are having that 5 degree with -10 wind chill yesterday and today... warming some tomorrow, but also sleet/freezing rain/wintry mix are forecast, I think...

The idea of heading for the bus stop on Monday when the high temp will still be just under the freezing mark just makes the idea of going to work all the more unappealing (I am so ready psychologically to be retired but not quite ready financially, so I have to hang in there.)

Anyway - this is not weather that beckons me to get out and walk for exercise... hopefully that will be just the thing in March, though. I was thinking we might get a little challenge going for ourselves -- walking or jogging or maybe just tracking steps -- to celebrate the arrival of Spring... What do you guys think? any interest? Let's discuss!

I need to replace my old original Fitbit - my cat turned it into a chew toy :dizzy: Spring could be a good time to get tuned in to using MyFitnessPal to track food and steps or other activity -- I promised myself I would do this but I have not made good on the promise.... maybe aligning with you guys around something like this could be just the extra incentive I need.

Briael 02-20-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5134359)

I was thinking we might get a little challenge going for ourselves -- walking or jogging or maybe just tracking steps -- to celebrate the arrival of Spring... What do you guys think? any interest? Let's discuss!

What a great idea! :)

JJTx 02-20-2015 06:29 PM

I have a fitbit - got it at thanksgiving and love it! I'm also on MFP so let me know if anyone wants to connect. In spite of the blustery winds I walked to school this afternoon- which makes 3 times this week! It's supposed to rain over the weekend so I'm not sure how much outside time we'll get, other than running errands.

OhZoe 02-20-2015 07:01 PM

I'm interested in participating in an exercise support group too!!