3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   July 2014 Starters Continue Journey in 2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301315-july-2014-starters-continue-journey-2015-a.html)

Sgrealtor1 02-21-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5134123)
Stay warm, Sue - looks like you are all set with food plan for the day - you are so good at being prepared... Honorary IP Boyscout? :D

Lol yes I have tried to be the planner....if I don't plan I fail miserably!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5134189)
Oneuh2 - it was rough work-wise, one of those "your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on mine" kind of days, but it did so I was left scrambling. And confession time, even though I managed to avoid some off-plan foods in the morning, I did eat a couple of fun-size Twix in the afternoon. :dizzy:

Congrats on your 1.2!! As my hubby said to me on Tuesday, slow and steady wins the race. You are SO close to the end!!

CenTxChk - sorry you had a slip, but we also know how hard you worked over the trip!! And as you say, right back OP you go! :hug:

Spring is coming y'all! I saw a bluebonnet at work by where I park my car. I've been able to walk to school the last two days, today's blustery and colder (may get rainy?), so I'm not sure I'll do it today. One of my son's classmates and his brother live in our neighborhood and go to after school. I told their mom the other day about my walking and she said "that's a great idea, I should come with you sometime" - which all the boys are excited about. We were going to do it yesterday, but they had a conflict.

Sorry about the bad day and the Twix, but I hope you really sat dawn and enjoyed the Twix instead of just eating it out of frustration....I confess that every night I have 2 squares of the raspberry chocolate bar. I don't count it but I have it after dinner with my smooth move tea. I sit and savor those 2 bites Of chocolate.....I look forward to them all day. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5134359)
JJTx - I hope you really savored the Twix -- every now and then I am near s candy or cookie and I feel compelled to indulge. This is not a regular thing, but I confess that I do succumb sometimes. By and large we have done a great job staying OP... and we all know there is no such thing as perfection.

I am inside the Wash DC beltway but in Northern Virginia - we are having that 5 degree with -10 wind chill yesterday and today... warming some tomorrow, but also sleet/freezing rain/wintry mix are forecast, I think...

The idea of heading for the bus stop on Monday when the high temp will still be just under the freezing mark just makes the idea of going to work all the more unappealing (I am so ready psychologically to be retired but not quite ready financially, so I have to hang in there.)

Anyway - this is not weather that beckons me to get out and walk for exercise... hopefully that will be just the thing in March, though. I was thinking we might get a little challenge going for ourselves -- walking or jogging or maybe just tracking steps -- to celebrate the arrival of Spring... What do you guys think? any interest? Let's discuss!

I need to replace my old original Fitbit - my cat turned it into a chew toy :dizzy: Spring could be a good time to get tuned in to using MyFitnessPal to track food and steps or other activity -- I promised myself I would do this but I have not made good on the promise.... maybe aligning with you guys around something like this could be just the extra incentive I need.

Yeah freezing in NJ also and we are expecting more snow tonight. Ugh. I would be up for some sort of activity challenge.... I have a very very old fit bit so I guess I need to invest in a new one. My birthday is end of March so maybe I'll ask DH to get me that so I can join you guys!

Yesterday's food plan worked out fine. My lunch was at 11:30@ the office and I picked them up at 12:30. They actually wanted to stop to get their son a bit to eat at around 2:30 so they ran into a little deli for lunch and I ate my snack and drank my bottle of water in the car! Perfect....we finished up around 4:30 and I was home by 5:30 with dinner on at 6:15! Could not have planned better lol. Today we are meeting at the first house and they are following me so they can check out the area when we are done...perfect! I'll have a pancake at 9am and have my lunch packet in the car while driving ....I'll make my salad this am and it will sit in the fridge till I get home....

JJTx 02-21-2015 10:06 AM

WTG Sue you've got this!! :)

Stayed 100% all day yesterday! My weight has been up a little but I don't think it's the extra protein - but incoming TOM. Ugh! Errands on the agenda today - need to take my son to the library to swap out books, and then we need to do our weekly grocery shop.

Have a great day everyone!

CenTXChk 02-21-2015 02:21 PM

Happy Saturday to my favorite IPers! :wave:

Driving down to San Antonio for a soccer game for my DD. Hoping DH will agree to stop by the San Marcos outlet stores in the way home. :crossed:

In the last 8 days I've been to Houston, Ft Worth and now SA. Looking forward to staying put in CenTX next week and focusing on being 100% OP without all the distractions.

Oneuh2 - I LOVE the idea of working out "together." I am going to need some accountability and can't think of a better group to do it with! I don't have a Fitbit but will keep my eyes peeled for them.

CenTXChk 02-21-2015 02:33 PM

Found a Fitbit for $120.
http://www.bradsdeals.com/p/200138?&...dsdeals.217625

oneuh2 02-21-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5134648)

There are several Fitbit models available - the Charge that your deal refers to is a mid-range model. I am thinking of one of the lower end models -- the Zip is less than $50 and tracks steps, calories burned, and mileage.... the One also monitors sleep. Both are clip on's - I used to put my old one on my bra strap. The Charge is a wrist band and tracks activity, not just steps. I am not sure I really know what that extra capability means.... and I prefer the clip on to the wrist model.

There is a coupon good in February that will save 25% if you buy from Amazon...

I am glad there is interest in focusing attention on activity -- I am thinking that I might like to start out the activity focus just tracking steps, and also posting food intake in MyFitnessPal so I can watch my nutrients more closely.

Really busy day today, plus anxiety dealing with driving in very rough wintery mix conditions. Heading for snooze land... catch you all tomorrow!!!

Sgrealtor1 02-22-2015 06:51 AM

Mother Nature dumped more white stuff on us again LOL...oh joy.

Need to shovel out so DS and I can get to the animal shelter today. Should have that fit bit now to track my exercise shoveling lol....

CenTXChk 02-22-2015 10:19 AM

Thanks for the info on the Fitbit. Haven't done any research in them so I'm glad I didn't run out and buy the first one I saw.

Brrr, more snow. I don't know how you guys do it! Sue, sorry you have to shovel yourself out but so good of you and your DS to volunteer your time like that. My DD and I just joined a mother daughter volunteer organization and we are both looking forward to volunteering together and with friends. Good to start them young.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Cen Tx (mid-70's). We had to drive to San Antonio for a soccer game and DH and DD dropped me off at an outlet mall on the way home (they drove 20miles down the road to Cabela's) and gave me a couple hours to myself. Major NSV, I went hog wild shopping in stores I always dreamt of buying clothes from. I was able to fit into everything I tried on. :carrot: Maybe not the smartest move if I still have 30lbs to lose but several items are snug that I should shrink into. It is the first time I saw a photo of a model in an outfit in a store and bought all the pieces to recreate it.

Today it is cold and rainy. Perfect day to get the house together and plan my meals for the week.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

oneuh2 02-22-2015 10:33 AM

Oh horrors!! I am down to my last tablespoon of pancake syrup and I am out of IP pudding mix and oatmeal (so useful for creating packet magic)!

My regular coach went to Argentina for 6 weeks and in her absence the food orders have fallen behind the demand curve, so their cupboards were quite bare at my WI on Thursday.

I am placing orders online and making up what I can to set up for a good week on program. I need to drop 2 lbs this week to make my 2nd round goal for Diet Bet.... Must be religious OP this week!

Briael 02-22-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5134844)
Major NSV, I went hog wild shopping in stores I always dreamt of buying clothes from. I was able to fit into everything I tried on. :carrot: Maybe not the smartest move if I still have 30lbs to lose but several items are snug that I should shrink into. It is the first time I saw a photo of a model in an outfit in a store and bought all the pieces to recreate it.

I love this. What a wonderful reward for you. I agree that it's a good plan to have some now clothes that you can shrink into. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5134850)
Oh horrors!! I am down to my last tablespoon of pancake syrup and I am out of IP pudding mix and oatmeal (so useful for creating packet magic)!

I hate running out of syrup - it can make the difference between a really nice treat supper and a shake. Hope you can get your rations delivered quickly! :)

oneuh2 02-22-2015 07:18 PM

CenTxChk -- what a fun-sounding shopping spree!!! I have done a couple of those - during the holidays when I found some good deals on dressy and novelty items that normally I would not consider wearing in the past... a couple of those are already too big, and I may actually take for alteration. But the fun and joy was very rewarding!!! Terrific reward for your hard work so far on P1!!!

I was lucky with my Shrink Please! laundry on Friday -- my size 14 Dream Jeans shrunk up to be just perfect for my current size! I tried to shrink some 16's also, but I have not tried them yet... it would be great if they turn out to be wearable, even if a bit loose. :D

Sgrealtor1 02-23-2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5134844)
Thanks for the info on the Fitbit. Haven't done any research in them so I'm glad I didn't run out and buy the first one I saw.

Brrr, more snow. I don't know how you guys do it! Sue, sorry you have to shovel yourself out but so good of you and your DS to volunteer your time like that. My DD and I just joined a mother daughter volunteer organization and we are both looking forward to volunteering together and with friends. Good to start them young.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Cen Tx (mid-70's). We had to drive to San Antonio for a soccer game and DH and DD dropped me off at an outlet mall on the way home (they drove 20miles down the road to Cabela's) and gave me a couple hours to myself. Major NSV, I went hog wild shopping in stores I always dreamt of buying clothes from. I was able to fit into everything I tried on. :carrot: Maybe not the smartest move if I still have 30lbs to lose but several items are snug that I should shrink into. It is the first time I saw a photo of a model in an outfit in a store and bought all the pieces to recreate it.

Today it is cold and rainy. Perfect day to get the house together and plan my meals for the week.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Woo Hoo on the shopping spree! I just did that a few weeks ago at Khols! I bought things that actually fit... I have a business convention in March in Las Vegas and I want to wear things that fit! Lol. I can't be running thru Vegas holding my pants up! :dizzy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5134850)

My regular coach went to Argentina for 6 weeks and in her absence the food orders have fallen behind the demand curve, so their cupboards were quite bare at my WI on Thursday.

I am placing orders online and making up what I can to set up for a good week on program. I need to drop 2 lbs this week to make my 2nd round goal for Diet Bet.... Must be religious OP this week!

Good luck this week...I always have so much IP stock at home I can make it work for a few weeks....may be eating things I don't love, but I can make it work lol.

Off to work this morning for me. Work got real busy all of a sudden. Guess that is a good thing for me....was starting to get anxious about no pay checks coming in. Not that DH would ever say anything, but between IP food and new wardrobe and all the food shopping in between for veggies I feel like money is flying out and not coming back in. Lol...even after all these years of marriage I feel like I need to pull my own weight ...so I am glad I am busy again. Real Estate is a fickle business....even after 19 years of it, you never know lol.

JJTx 02-23-2015 11:19 AM

Good morning and brr!!! The cold finally hit central Texas, it's maybe 30 right now? Supposed to get colder and possibly rain - everyone's getting all wound up, cancelling activities this afternoon, predicting enough bad weather to get a "snow" day tomorrow. Because a tiny bit of ice on the roads and everything shuts down. :dizzy: And I just realized that may mean no WI for me in the morning - I should have enough product on hand to make it a week if need be.

CenTXChk 02-23-2015 01:23 PM

JJTx - how do those northerners do it?!? Brrr, I made it to WI and work today but RRISD already called canceling all after school activities. Just glad my kids aren't in daycare anymore or I would be scrambling. What clinic do you WI at? I am off Duval.

Another small gain for me. The is 2 gains in 2 weeks. I also noticed my measurements haven't changed in 4 weeks. I need to get it together and be 100% this week.

I wrote my Automated Response Card from the Beck Diet Solution to keep me focused:

Advantages Response Card
You worked too hard to backtrack now
You are no longer diabetic.
You do not have to take ANY prescription meds due to your weight.
DH is excited and proud of you. He loves your new body.
You weigh less than DH.
This is the healthiest you've ever felt.
No one meal or snack tastes better than losing all this weight feels
I can't eat like everyone else. I need to model thin and healthy people and their eating habits.
I can shop in any store I want. Even if I choose to shop in the same stores I used to.
Say goodbye to Plus size clothes.
Designers of Plus size clothes stink. Don't go back there!
I fit comfortably in an airplane seat. No fear of the seatbelt not being long enough.
I can ride any amusement park ride without fear of not fitting or getting kicked off.
I am not afraid to be in a group photo.
I am no longer the heaviest person in my family.
My kids don't have the fattest mom of all their friends.
You can wear a size medium! Who would have thunk it?
You don't stand out because of your weight.
People don't judge what you are eating due to your weight.
You can wear a bathing suit.
Plastic surgery is actually a possibility now.
Smaller perker boobs are a possibility now.
Flat stomach with less stretch marks is a possibility now.
Wrinkly saggy thighs are better than fat thighs any day of the week
You can wear calf high boots.
DH loves you in calf high boots.

I hate the TLC show My Big Fat wonderful life (or whatever it is called). But I caught a statement that really stuck with me so I wrote it down, "I deserve to have the life that I want and I have the power to make it happen."

Briael 02-23-2015 03:07 PM

The cold hit west Texas today, too. Barely above freezing at a miserly 36F. I also admire the tenacity and grit of those enduring week after week of endless snow and cold. Just hoping everyone stays safe on the roads. :)

Slow cooker is doing a nice beef joint for me today - considering whether to sneak out to the grocery store and pick up some asparagus to go with it. Along with some chayote for some apples'n'crepes for supper. Maybe I should stop thinking about it and just get down to doing it.

Had some weird feelings this morning about whether the weight loss is real - it sometimes feels like it's happening to someone else. Some days I don't feel like my body has changed (because, at the end of the day, it's STILL the same shape and proportions) but I know it has when I try on smaller clothes. It just freaked me out.

Under 170 on the Wellness Center scale, but hoping my home one (by which I do all my official weigh ins) will be the same in the morning. :)

I love your motivation list, CenTXChk, that is so awesome to write down ALL the things that you've achieved and want to maintain for. :)

Here's a question for you - does anyone buy secondhand clothes off Ebay? Had any issues with differences between size/quality listed and what actually arrives? I don't want to spend huge amounts of money on buying new clothes when I've still got 30lbs-odd to lose, so I figured it might be worth getting some spring clothes rather than relying on pinning current pants that don't show under long winter tops. What do you think, IPeeps?

CenTXChk 02-23-2015 03:55 PM

Amanda - I haven't purchased any clothes on eBay but I have hit up quite a few garage sales and goodwill/savers. Been very fortunate to find many good quality name brands items for next to nothing. I guess you could look on Craigslist too. That way you could go see the clothes before committing to buy them. Good luck!