3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   July 2014 Starters Continue Journey in 2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301315-july-2014-starters-continue-journey-2015-a.html)

loser58 01-06-2015 06:48 PM

Today seems to be a big WI day for the July starters. I was down 2.4, just a smidge away from 70lbs gone. Way back in August I made a chart that showed what my weight would be if I lost 2.5lbs per week. It is amazing how close to that line my actual weigh ins are! Some weeks I lose more than 2.5, some less, and sometimes its almost exactly 2.5 - but over time I end up at that 2.5 average. Amazing!

oneuh2 01-06-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5112944)
WI today....not feeling it. This hockey schedule with early mornings and late nights is killing me. My coach wants me eating every 3 hours even if that means adding packs..I feel like I am eating too much. Yesterday I was up from 4:30am for practice till 11:30 last night when we got home from his game...ugh!

I hope you will come back and post your WI here -- you have this diet well in hand, Sue -- if I had to do the 4:30AM thing, I would be stuffing my face at every opportunity! I am definitely a night owl and pretty worthless in the mornings. You keep keeping on with your IP practices and the weigh in's continue on their downward slope - that's all we need!

Quote:

JJTx: WI was this morning, down 2 but considering TOM and that the home scale hasn't really budged until this morning, I'll take it!
Glad your TOM did not obliterate your loss - 2 lbs in a week is a good downward move!

Quote:

Loser58: Today seems to be a big WI day for the July starters. I was down 2.4, just a smidge away from 70lbs gone. Way back in August I made a chart that showed what my weight would be if I lost 2.5lbs per week. It is amazing how close to that line my actual weigh ins are! Some weeks I lose more than 2.5, some less, and sometimes its almost exactly 2.5 - but over time I end up at that 2.5 average. Amazing!
I don't WI until Thursday, but I am always encouraged to see our July Starter Tuesday results! Golly - 70lbs!!! To be on the brink of that many pounds lost must feel terrific, loser58!

I am with you on the 2.5 average -- at least I was before Christmas. December was a slow down for me with only 7.6 lbs lost. I am hoping to get back to that 2.5 average now that the holidays are behind us and I am trying to be more mindful of how much coffee I take in, how much water I add to the day to offset the coffee, and taking more care with veggie and protein measure on my whole foods.

NSV today for me was making muffins for the first time with IP potato puree -- I used one packet of potato puree and one packet of vanilla pudding mixture and I added a cup of cauli rice (as opposed to the zuke that most recipes call for). I added cinnamon and vanilla to season (and offset the salty/savory flavor of the potato packet). The muffins came out great - they did not even deflate after coming out of the oven.

Next time I will try using some protein powder -- I had forgotten that I have a canister of Designer Whey protein - I can put it together with the potato or with oatmeal (I have some Proti Diet Oatmeal that I ordered online on the way).

I find the muffins dipped in some WF maple syrup to be really yummy and pretty filling. I make up 6 like I did today and then put half of them in a baggie ready to go with to the office or wherever else I may need to go at mealtime. I sometimes use 4 protein packets/scoops and make up a full dozen -- this works really well.

Sgrealtor1 01-07-2015 07:09 AM

My WI Has me 2 Lbs lighter!! YEAH!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5113106)
Ugh! What a long day!! :P

WI was this morning, down 2 but considering TOM and that the home scale hasn't really budged until this morning, I'll take it!

:carrot::carrot: Yeah JJTx Great job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5113381)
Today seems to be a big WI day for the July starters. I was down 2.4, just a smidge away from 70lbs gone. Way back in August I made a chart that showed what my weight would be if I lost 2.5lbs per week. It is amazing how close to that line my actual weigh ins are! Some weeks I lose more than 2.5, some less, and sometimes its almost exactly 2.5 - but over time I end up at that 2.5 average. Amazing!

Woo Hoo :carrot::carrot: Great WI and getting near that 70lb mark is awsome I am right behind you.....

Never thought to make the muffins with the potato packet...I am using my potato up making flat breads...not bad that way. I don't like it the way it was intended to be used. LOL.

This week I need to focus on being more mindful of my suppliments....I seem to forget the ones I need to have with my snack especially if I am on the road. I think I may go buy one of those pill minder things and sort them out daily and leave on the counter with my water so I don't keep forgetting LOL

oneuh2 01-07-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5113590)
This week I need to focus on being more mindful of my suppliments....I seem to forget the ones I need to have with my snack especially if I am on the road. I think I may go buy one of those pill minder things and sort them out daily and leave on the counter with my water so I don't keep forgetting LOL

I find getting those extra magnesium supplements in to be a challenge too - I am one of those who eat the Snack IP item after dinner, like dessert (usually a bar or choc soy puffs). But I will have just taken my supplements with dinner... so it becomes a matter of either taking the magnesium around lunch time or taking it when I go to bed.

The issue for me taking it when I go to bed is that my dinner hour tends to be late... often not done with dinner until 8:30pm.... so lot's of times I end up missing that dose - it is not a habit I own as part of being OP.

I admit, it is ridiculous that I cannot make this into a routine that requires no thinking. Amazing how the little things can become large, isn't it?

JJTx 01-07-2015 11:05 AM

I have never eaten the potato puree as directed! I either make "biscuits" (in a muffin tin), or flatbread - usually the latter because it's faster than messing with muffin cups. :dizzy:

Oneuh2 - fingers crossed for a good WI for you tomorrow!!

I keep forgetting my breakfast pills - often I eat in the car on the way to work, or when I get here. I made it this morning, but I had to stop myself and take them before I ran out the door.

oneuh2 01-08-2015 11:01 AM

Posted my first token WI on DietBet for the weekly drawing... Down 1.8 since Jan 1st.
I don't WI until 6pm today with my coach - I'll be back here with results this evening.
Happy Thursday July Starters! :love::love:

JJTx 01-08-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5114348)
Posted my first token WI on DietBet for the weekly drawing... Down 1.8 since Jan 1st.
I don't WI until 6pm today with my coach - I'll be back here with results this evening.
Happy Thursday July Starters! :love::love:

Yay!! hope your "official" weigh-in goes as well - onward and downward :)

oneuh2 01-08-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5114409)
Yay!! hope your "official" weigh-in goes as well - onward and downward :)

Down 2.4 lbs - I am knocking at the door of the 170's, having lost 58.8 lbs! Just shy of 60 gone-- IP works!!!

JJTx 01-08-2015 09:48 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!! That's great! :hug:

Sgrealtor1 01-09-2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5114659)
Down 2.4 lbs - I am knocking at the door of the 170's, having lost 58.8 lbs! Just shy of 60 gone-- IP works!!!

:dance::dance: you will be in those 170's in no time.....great job!

Pebbles1964 01-09-2015 10:22 AM

WI this morning. Down 2 lbs.!:dance: Less than 25 to goal and I believe I'll make that before 1st year anniversary.:D

Great Friday everyone!

JJTx 01-09-2015 10:33 AM

WTG Pebbles!!! :carrot:

loser58 01-09-2015 10:40 AM

Nice job, oneuh2 and pebbles! The July starters are shrinking, two pounds at a time!

oneuh2 01-09-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loser58 (Post 5114993)
Nice job, oneuh2 and pebbles! The July starters are shrinking, two pounds at a time!

Yes!! -- like you, my average weekly drop has been right at 2.5 up until Dec... kinda slow that month, but I am hoping to return to that average 2.5lbs/week this month - I like the idea of 10 lbs a month, and right now I am a smidge behind that pace. As of Jan 7 (my 6 month anniversary) I am 1.2lbs short of a 60 lb loss. I am not stressing over this, I just find it encouraging to know that's a reasonable expectation going forward to goal.

I was doing some exercise in October and November until I hurt my ankle. I have been trying to stay away from regular exercise as I allow it to heal, and at this point I am supposed to give it a few more weeks - MRI found a tear in a tendon, not just a sprain.

I feel like resuming some physical activity (at least walking, but maybe some strength training) would be wise for healthy habit building, and would help keep my pace of loss consistent, even as I get closer to goal.

And, the remaining pounds are likely to become resistant to departing my body... I have not been at this weight since 2006, and nothing lower than this since the late 1990's I think.

Anyway - I think anything that keeps my rate of loss in the 2lb/week range is reasonable... and I love that all of us July Starters who have transitioned to this new thread are continuing the steady downward direction on the scale!

btw - check the daily chat for my pictures of chocolate packet muffins!!!

Sgrealtor1 01-10-2015 07:14 AM

I have slowed to every other week a 2 lb loss and either a pound or 1/2 in between.....hey a loss is a loss...so I'm having a 6-8 pound a month drop instead of 10. My inches on those in between weeks always go down somewhere. Either way I would never have done this on my own and I should be in maintenance by summer so I am thrilled....just in time for some lovely summer fruit... For me 6 months = 64 lb loss. :carrot:

I have not started any exercise, but I think I should. I have a treadmill in the basement so maybe once all the holiday boxes are packed away (hopefully this weekend) I can move the treadmill in front of the TV and get back on it.