Old 10-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #16  

Height: 5'5"

So glad it's the weekend! Beautiful in San Antonio today. I've gotten through the first week and have lost 4 lbs. I'm ok with it as I have 2 sprained knees and I'm dealing with swelling still. I am basically walking a few inches at a time in a shuffle movement which means I'm not getting anywhere very quickly! It is kind of funny as people keep looking at me to speed up and I cant
I am soooo glad I started before Halloween so that I can keep away from the candy.
In regards to the ip salt, I decided to use regular salt instead. I did better last time with the regular kind. It did not change my loss outcome.
2muchfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Hi IP'ers...

I'm not new to IP, but I'm probably new to all of you! I lost 65lbs starting 7/2012 and kept it off until January 2014, when I found out I was pregnant! I unfortunately put all of it back on during my pregnancy. I did develop gestational diabetes requiring large amounts of insulin to control, so I feel that it is imperative that I get back on IP ASAP to lose the weight and hopefully prevent conversion to full blown Type 2 DM. I stopped breast feeding at 6 weeks and am finally starting to sleep better and get some exercise in, so I think I'm ready to restart in the next couple of weeks.
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #18  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy, 11 years ago. As I'm sure you know that puts you at a much higher risk for diabetes My last a1c before starting the program had me in the diabetic range. After 5 months on program and losing 55 lbs my blood glucose levels are never above 90. I was able to stop taking all medications for diabetes under guidance of my doctor. IP definitely work for those with insulin issues. I am one that will always have to keep my carbs on the lower side.

Congratulations on the new baby!
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I had my first 5 pounds lost WI today. It was 10 days since my last weigh in and the last two were smaller losses but I will take it anyway I can! Also, I had an acquaintance who hasn't seen me in awhile comment on how good I look. She asked if I changed my hair and couldn't get over how "good I looked".
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #20  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

NSV for me this week was running into my former dance instructor and having him notice my weight loss, and saying that I "look different" !! Definitely a great feeling!

And, I was able to put on my favorite Dream Jeans and not just zip 'em up, but wear them comfortably for a business casual day at work -- as they season is changing I am able to get into a number of classic pieces of clothing that I was simply unable to wear last Fall and Winter. Looking forward to them all!!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #21  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uandmeatthebeach View Post
Hello all- I have been on this website prior to deciding to do IP and found the advice and recipe ideas useful! I started IP on Mon (20th), and WI on Fri showed a loss of 5! Wow, I am impressed with the progress so far and feel fabulous! Just wondering if any one else is frustrated with the $$$ of IP? It seems the cost varies per clinic and was wondering what the average that most pple pay per week, I think my clinic is too high? Thinking of switching to alternatives....
Hi Uandmeatthebeach,

I didn't mind paying for IP. My coach is awesome and I probably spent the same amount on IP and meat/veggies as I did on eating out. We eat out a lot less when I'm on IP - maybe a steakhouse once a week. I kept all my IP receipts thinking I'd add them up at the end but it doesn't matter how much I spent or how much I will spend on my reboot. You're going to spend money on food one way or the other - might as well be on food that supports health and weight loss rather than the alternative. If your really that worried about the cost, definitely look into the alternatives to IP or maybe look into doing Phase 2 to cut down your costs? You will still lose on Phase 2 for sure. I think IP is expensive due to the coaching that should be attached to the program but unfortunately not everyone gets a good coach.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #22  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozzeberries View Post
Tried the salt thing-- didnt work. I am going to add another IP packet in and see if that helps, if not, I need to head to my doc, I think. Thanks for the advice all.
I started at 249 and on,y had a forth packet for the first week so it isn't mandatory but it is allowed if it does help you.

My clinic is in a doctors office but I don't get any medical supervision during my appointments. If I have an issue I have to see my doctor.

If it's possible,r, take your BP when you have a dizzy spell. I was having them. I upped my water and I've been good ever since.

Quote:
I have been on it for 9 1/2 weeks. I did a quick total and have spent about $1300 overall (including the consultation fee and vitamins). While I realize wholeheartedly that its expensive, I have found that as a family, the fast food drive thru's and ordering outs have come to a complete halt -- which I see as a trade off. (I bet we were easily spending $100 a week on that stuff).

All of the supplements except for the daily multi i now purchase on my own, being very careful to get exactly what IP wants. There are also a lot of people on this forum who have successfully lost on alternative foods. I personally am not ready for that. I like that its working (bc i have been trying for 5 years to lose weight fruitlessly) and I like the variations of foods, which seems to help keep my cravings satisfied. Not that alternate foods couldn't do that; like I said-- I'm just not ready to jump off a moving train that is working for me right now.
I agree. It was worth every penny to get my videos and lemon wafers. We ate out a lot less and I stopped buying my lunch everyday. I went a little overboard buying extra to have choices. I on,y paid for food. About $29 a box (I'm in Canada). I gave up my cleaning lady at the beginning to compensate but I caved about halfway thru. I also didn't have energy to clean the house myself.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone.....

Yesterday was gorgeous out....spent the day outside at my offices annual pumpkin patch! So much fun to see all my past clients kids grow up. Dinner last night was TGI Friday's for my usually 8oz steak and broccoli treat lol. Tonight it's back to me cooking and chicken...

Need to go visit a client today that closed on his house in August and had totally re done it. He wants me to see.

Need to do some housework today also and I need to further look into my closet for clothes. Wore an 18 Friday that was huge....thought it was going to be a pair I could count on for a while but it was too big. Will pass them down to Mom and I take inventory......
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #24  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Default Had To Share What I've Found...

I've been watching some YouTube videos about LCHF diets. Which is "low carb, high fat and moderate protein" and oh my Goodness..I just had to share this with all of you. When I started IP my eyes opened up about what I'd been doing wrong all these years. Now that I've found this website, www.dietdoctor.com, (which I was lead to from watching the YouTube videos), my eyes are wide open. In the videos on there, the bariatric doctors talk about what could clearly be what we are all learning from the Ideal Protein diet. Even though the words "Ideal Protein Diet" are not mentioned. A couple of the weight loss stories that I've read states that Weight Watchers is really quite bad for you. This is due to losing not only the fat but the muscle too. Wow!, I have been on the Weight Watchers diet 6 or 7 times. It's no wonder I could never stick with it. It's incredible what I've just learned. If any of you get the chance to go onto this website, please watch some of the videos. Some are pretty lengthy but are well worth the time. I look forward to hearing some feedback from you. And would love to discuss things. Wow! I just feel so informed and inspired now. Like I said, IP opened my eyes but this website takes it a step further and now my eyes are wide open.

Andi

Miss_Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #25  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Question: How do you guys upload before and after pics? No matter what I do I cant seem to figure it out? (And I'm pretty good with computers).

I just took my first "after" out of curiously and holy cow! I am amazed to see it visually! I would so love to share.

I cant even get a profile pic to upload despite it meeting the very small formatted restrictions.

Last edited by Snozzeberries; 10-26-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #26  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Andi i am going to not only check it out but send to all my friends who keep needing to tell me "how bad this diet is" for me... "How hard ketosis is on your body"... How "800-900 calories a day is setting you up for failure". Blah blah blah. Thanks for posting that on here!
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #27  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Andi i am going to not only check it out but send to all my friends who keep needing to tell me "how bad this diet is" for me... "How hard ketosis is on your body"... How "800-900 calories a day is setting you up for failure". Blah blah blah. Thanks for posting that on here!
That's great. The more people that know about this the better. It's amazing to me how the food industries and others have been pulling the wool over our eyes for decades. All these "low fat", "no fat", "light" products have actually been making us fatter and much more unhealthy. Not to mention all the dreaded deadly diseases that go hand in hand with obesity. If more people could just stop being brain washed by all the "non-fat" hype that's been bombarding us for years..we would be a much thinner, healthier and happier society. I thank God for pushing me in the direction of finding "Ideal Protein" and now to be learning so much about low carbs, high fat and moderate protein. I'm serious, I feel like I've walked into another dimension. I know that sounds stupid but what I've learned has totally, totally changed my way of thinking. If only I'd have known about this years ago..wow! And all of us on this journey are doing the absolute right thing by Ideal Protein. I know I've still got a long road ahead but I can't wait to be in maintenance now. I was enjoying the consistent weight losses each week but have felt somewhat intimidated to get to the maintenance phase. Now I welcome it, wholeheartedly. For years I've been taking the skin off chicken and trimming the fat off steaks and roasts. Now I've learned that that approach is wrong, wrong, wrong. What's even worse is that I've been teaching my kids to do the same thing. It's the high fat in the skin and fat that actually helps us, not hurts us. I'm sorry about this long winded post but I'm just overjoyed with this information. And EVERYBODY should know about this. I can't wait for Christmas time when I see my father in law who believes that Weight Watchers is the best weight loss plan on earth. He was on it years ago and lost 60 lbs. After gaining it all back plus some, he's on it again and has lost 50 lbs. He swears by Weight Watchers and I'm so looking forward to telling him how wrong his unhealthy diet really is. OK, I'll shut up now..lol. Anyway, once you've been on that site and watched the videos and read the stories and learned about the science behind low carb, high fat, moderate protein..please let me know what you think. I can't wait to hear others opinions.

Andi

Miss_Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #28  

Quote:
Question: How do you guys upload before and after pics? No matter what I do I cant seem to figure it out? (And I'm pretty good with computers).

I just took my first "after" out of curiously and holy cow! I am amazed to see it visually! I would so love to share.

I cant even get a profile pic to upload despite it meeting the very small formatted restrictions.
I send to flickr first and then choose the option to share on bb. Then I cut/paste that code. I had to play with it a little the first time I did it until I got it to work the way I wanted it to.
It never worked for me just uploading a file from my computer.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #29  

Height: 5'2

Does anyone else have really annoying Co-op bread ads popping up constantly on this site? It's been a while since I've been on the boards and I don't remember these horrible full page pop up ads...
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

To change your profile picture go to your User CP, then go to change avatar then add your picture with either of the two options
ShelbyLynn8 is offline   Reply With Quote