Old 10-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #1  

Default IP weekend chat Sat 10/25 - Sun 10/26/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #2  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Good Morning all you lovely losers..lol And what a beautiful morning it is too, here in South Western Ontario. The sun is shining and it's going to be in the mid 60's till at least Wednesday. This must be our Indian Summer. Probably our last nice weekend to get outdoor stuff done. Was pleasantly surprised to get on the scale this morning and see a 27.5 lb loss. I've decided to reward myself with every 20 lbs I lose. At 20 lbs I bought a new purse. Now I'm eyeing a pair of black high heeled ankle boots that I'd like to wear to the in-laws at Christmas. I haven't been able to wear heels in a couple decades. Only 12.5 lbs to go till they're mine..lol No one in the family knows about my weight loss yet. Not even that I'm on a diet. Been trying to keep myself hidden..for now. Only a handful of people know. So I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they all see me for the first time Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that none of them decide to drop in unexpectedly and ruin my surprise.

Andi

Miss_Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
Good Morning all you lovely losers..lol And what a beautiful morning it is too, here in South Western Ontario. The sun is shining and it's going to be in the mid 60's till at least Wednesday. This must be our Indian Summer. Probably our last nice weekend to get outdoor stuff done. Was pleasantly surprised to get on the scale this morning and see a 27.5 lb loss. I've decided to reward myself with every 20 lbs I lose. At 20 lbs I bought a new purse. Now I'm eyeing a pair of black high heeled ankle boots that I'd like to wear to the in-laws at Christmas. I haven't been able to wear heels in a couple decades. Only 12.5 lbs to go till they're mine..lol No one in the family knows about my weight loss yet. Not even that I'm on a diet. Been trying to keep myself hidden..for now. Only a handful of people know. So I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they all see me for the first time Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that none of them decide to drop in unexpectedly and ruin my surprise.

Andi

Congrats on your losses! That's fantastic!

My WI this morning: No lbs lost but smaller measurements on hips, waist and upper arms. That's ok. I had some bigger losses the previous 2 weeks in a row so things are just settling in. Today will be a lovely day here as well. 90 degrees predicted so will be spending some time outside.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #4  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Good Saturday morning all! I have 2 things to share: first, I am very proud to announce that I have an NSV this week, as I made it thru midterms week without using food as a crutch! There were a few times when I almost threw in the towel and then talked myself down. This program is teaching me SO SO much about myself and my eating habits that got me fat.

Second: I am over 9 weeks in and I have been REALLY exhausted for going on about 3 weeks now. Not just tired in the "need sleep" sense, but I get dizzy and out of breath doing simple things like taking a showrr and walking up stairs.

When I started this program thru my clinic, it was touted as "medically supervised"... But the only medical supervision i hve seen thus far is the initial blood tests and a doctor clearing me for the program. While I meet my counselor at a clinic, she has yet to check my BP or repeat blood work. Does that happen at any point?

I think I have low BP... Before I got heavy it was very low, and even when i weighed 265 pounds, it was still 118/78... So that looked good on paper, therefore my doc never questioned it, but let's face it, a woman as big as that should not have BP that low in all reality.

So I'm wondering if now that I'm losing weight if its not dropping too low. Should I be concerned? Or has anyone else experienced this? Normal or no?
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #5  

Andi-- i reward myself every 20 pounds too! Next time is new jeans as my others will be too big by then. :-).
Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozzeberries View Post
Good Saturday morning all! I have 2 things to share: first, I am very proud to announce that I have an NSV this week, as I made it thru midterms week without using food as a crutch! There were a few times when I almost threw in the towel and then talked myself down. This program is teaching me SO SO much about myself and my eating habits that got me fat.

Second: I am over 9 weeks in and I have been REALLY exhausted for going on about 3 weeks now. Not just tired in the "need sleep" sense, but I get dizzy and out of breath doing simple things like taking a showrr and walking up stairs.

When I started this program thru my clinic, it was touted as "medically supervised"... But the only medical supervision i hve seen thus far is the initial blood tests and a doctor clearing me for the program. While I meet my counselor at a clinic, she has yet to check my BP or repeat blood work. Does that happen at any point?

I think I have low BP... Before I got heavy it was very low, and even when i weighed 265 pounds, it was still 118/78... So that looked good on paper, therefore my doc never questioned it, but let's face it, a woman as big as that should not have BP that low in all reality.

So I'm wondering if now that I'm losing weight if its not dropping too low. Should I be concerned? Or has anyone else experienced this? Normal or no?

My experience was very similar. My first clinic was a nightmare. They did the initial bloodwork and ran an EKG. I quit that clinic because they were not selling IP products but called themselves an IP clinic and I was getting old info and very bad instruction. I found another clinic run by an allergist/internist. I took the initial medical testing to her and they kept a copy in my file but never did any additional testing or did blood pressure checks. I no longer go there because I do all alternates on my own. I have a friend in Idaho who had the same sort of thing. Initial testing at a chiropractors office and cleared by the doctor and then nothing further.

I think "medically supervised" refers to the initial visit and because most clinics are run out of some sort of doctors office. Maybe a visit to your GP might be in order. My blood pressure has remained about the same as when I started, usually 120ish/75.

I have never gotten that "burst of energy" that others seem to get. I have been tired for the most part. You have drastically reduced your calories and your body does not have enough reserve energy for any extra exertion. At your current weight you should be having 4 protein packets a day. Are you getting all your water, salt, supplements?

Last edited by catlady1981; 10-25-2014 at 11:46 AM.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #7  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Yes, be very concerned and have yourself check out at your doctor's office. It could be your thyroid, blood pressure or something else.
I actually have an RN as my coach at a medical clinic. They have never re-checked blood work but take my blood pressure every week. Anything else, we need to check with our doctor.
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #8  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
My experience was very similar. My first clinic was a nightmare. They did the initial bloodwork and ran an EKG. I quit that clinic because they were not selling IP products but called themselves an IP clinic and I was getting old info and very bad instruction. I found another clinic run by an allergist/internist. I took the initial medical testing to her and they kept a copy in my file but never did any additional testing or did blood pressure checks. I no longer go there because I do all alternates on my own. I have a friend in Idaho who had the same sort of thing. Initial testing at a chiropractors office and cleared by the doctor and then nothing further.

I think "medically supervised" refers to the initial visit and because most clinics are run out of some sort of doctors office. Maybe a visit to your GP might be in order. My blood pressure has remained about the same as when I started, usually 120ish/75.

I have never gotten that "burst of energy" that others seem to get. I have been tired for the most part. You have drastically reduced your calories and your body does not have enough reserve energy for any extra exertion. At your current weight you should be having 4 protein packets a day. Are you getting all your water, salt, supplements?
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that hasn't seemed to have any "bursts of energy." And I'm seeing my GP on a monthly basis. In September my BP was 130/82, in October it 135/80. My IP clinic is in a hair/nail salon. So no one medical there..unless they're getting their hair/nails done..lol

Andi

Miss_Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #9  

Quote:
I have been REALLY exhausted for going on about 3 weeks now. Not just tired in the "need sleep" sense, but I get dizzy and out of breath doing simple things like taking a showrr and walking up stairs.

Add some more salt and see if that helps. Not IP salt, but real salt. IP salt isn't all sodium. It has potassium, as well.
Put some salt in your had & lick. Then follow up with some water.

If that clears you up, then it was blood pressure. If not, get a dr appt asap to see what is going on.

Low carb diets really require additional salt. It is a pretty well-known issue. I was suprised when IP started using their own salt and it wasn't "just" salt.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-25-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #10  

Default Keep smiling

I'm having a "keep smiling" kind of day.

Last nite after I got home from work, the hot water heater started leaking. The bottom is rusted. We have someone coming to replace it today but right now, the water main is shut off. It didn't work to just shut off the water to the hot water heater (old building, old valves not working properly).

The silver lining: We had originally planned a trip to MI for our big football rivalry weekend. Due to a planned December trip to Hawaii, we reigned-in spending a bit and cancelled weekend trips to MI this month and to Denver last month. So, we were home for this mess instead of out-of-town. Had we been gone, we would have come home to a totally flooded condo. So, as I sit here jealous of numerous friends tailgating and enjoying a beautiful Fall football day, I can be relieved that I was home to avert disaster.

I need to do my PT exercise workout and then head to the gym for a shower, since we have no running water. We filled some buckets at outdoor spigots so we can flush toilets & I bought drinking water.

I think every towel in the house is wet from cleaning up the mess.

Thank goodness I had some leftover prepared veggies in the fridge & breakfast smoothies are easy to prepare. It's all-good food-wise. Just a little frustration/inconvenience until they get it fixed. We'll be leaving to join my alumni club to watch the game. I wish we had an outdoor venue today!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post

I get all my vitamins, salt and water, however, I am only eating 3 IP packets a day, usually one restricted. Wow. That never occurred to me and my counselor has never mentioned it, either.

Last edited by Snozzeberries; 10-25-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Add some more salt and see if that helps. Not IP salt, but real salt. IP salt isn't all sodium. It has potassium, as well.
Put some salt in your had & lick. Then follow up with some water.

If that clears you up, then it was blood pressure. If not, get a dr appt asap to see what is going on.

Low carb diets really require additional salt. It is a pretty well-known issue. I was suprised when IP started using their own salt and it wasn't "just" salt.

Tried the salt thing-- didnt work. I am going to add another IP packet in and see if that helps, if not, I need to head to my doc, I think. Thanks for the advice all.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #13  
Uandmeatthebeach

S/C/G: 224.5/219/160

Height: 5'5"

Default First Timer

Hello all- I have been on this website prior to deciding to do IP and found the advice and recipe ideas useful! I started IP on Mon (20th), and WI on Fri showed a loss of 5! Wow, I am impressed with the progress so far and feel fabulous! Just wondering if any one else is frustrated with the $$$ of IP? It seems the cost varies per clinic and was wondering what the average that most pple pay per week, I think my clinic is too high? Thinking of switching to alternatives....
Uandmeatthebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #14  

I have been on it for 9 1/2 weeks. I did a quick total and have spent about $1300 overall (including the consultation fee and vitamins). While I realize wholeheartedly that its expensive, I have found that as a family, the fast food drive thru's and ordering outs have come to a complete halt -- which I see as a trade off. (I bet we were easily spending $100 a week on that stuff).

All of the supplements except for the daily multi i now purchase on my own, being very careful to get exactly what IP wants. There are also a lot of people on this forum who have successfully lost on alternative foods. I personally am not ready for that. I like that its working (bc i have been trying for 5 years to lose weight fruitlessly) and I like the variations of foods, which seems to help keep my cravings satisfied. Not that alternate foods couldn't do that; like I said-- I'm just not ready to jump off a moving train that is working for me right now.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #15  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

NSV for me today. Went shopping for some new clothes. Got brave enough to go into Banana Republic....no one seemed to think it was odd that I was there.....bought some great, size 12 pants and a size 12 black, pencil skirt!! Went to some boutiques too. It was great to have the salesperson tell me I needed smaller sizes in everything. Yay!!! This will keep me motivated.
OhZoe is offline   Reply With Quote