Old 03-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good for you for 'getting back on the potty' rosemary2612! (I like the avatar) First focus on the fact that you are still down 40 lbs from that first time... You CAN do it again, and you CAN be successful in maintenance. It's the mind game that's the hardest and that's why its important to start working on that right away. Flex your willpower/healthy choices & attitudes muscle. You go, girl!!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:27 PM   #197  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey Rosemary, you can do this! We've all had some setbacks, but it can be done!

Thanks Canadjineh!

BTW, I had a NSV today! I've had an extra Quest bar for a couple of days while traveling. I've had to get up in the wee hours of the morning, take flights, tiem changes, and, well, you get the picture. Totally off the time routine.

Back at work but up earlier than usual, I really needed the extra energy mid-morning. When afternoon came, I told myself (that whiny part) "absolutely no! This stops now!" And just like that, it did.

Tonight I came home from a concert and ate a dill pickle, just like my normal OP evening snack, if I need one.

Yay! Back in the saddle. We can do this.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #198  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Good for you for 'getting back on the potty' rosemary2612! (I like the avatar) First focus on the fact that you are still down 40 lbs from that first time... You CAN do it again, and you CAN be successful in maintenance. It's the mind game that's the hardest and that's why its important to start working on that right away. Flex your willpower/healthy choices & attitudes muscle. You go, girl!!

Liana
Thanks! The positive energy I get from you is fabulous. I can do this!

PS. My avatar is my beautiful great granddaughter. I am 63 and newly retired.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #199  
Health vs. Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Thanks Canadjineh!

BTW, I had a NSV today! I've had an extra Quest bar for a couple of days while traveling. I've had to get up in the wee hours of the morning, take flights, tiem changes, and, well, you get the picture. Totally off the time routine.

Back at work but up earlier than usual, I really needed the extra energy mid-morning. When afternoon came, I told myself (that whiny part) "absolutely no! This stops now!" And just like that, it did.

Tonight I came home from a concert and ate a dill pickle, just like my normal OP evening snack, if I need one.

I eat a dill pickle if I think I am losing my mind over food in the afternoon. It helps so much. I just subtract it from my veggies at dinner. Thanks for the encouragement and "YES" we can do this.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #200  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I have been on these pages several years ago. Did great on the program, lost 120 pounds in 7 months. Fell back into that old thinking pattern and gained 80 pounds. I want to keep it real with myself and all of you. I am going to do it again, but I am very scared about maintenance. I see that there are people on here that have maintained their lose. I am following you. I want to do it someone else's way. I believe that it is possible, I believe that I can overcome my negative thoughts. Thanks!
You did it before, you can do it again! Welcome aboard!!!
shinyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #201  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Thanks Canadjineh!

YOU GO, GIRL!!!
shinyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:06 AM   #202  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Good to hear that everyone is doing well!

Sounds like you are definitely back on track, Joysh. I hope your sister is doing well with her treatment.

Rosemary - You can do this - gaining and then losing a bit is part of maintenance, I think. I am back because over time I let the gaining part get the better of me. Guess we live and learn...

I have really gotten off track the last week or so. I am in a very busy time at work - a lot of hours, 6 - 7 days a week. I am thinking for the next couple of weeks, maybe it's better for my mental health if I don't worry too much about trying to stay 100% on plan. Just too much on my mind right now. I will continue to check in for motivation!

I think we're finally going to start to thaw out here, which will help me, since it will be easier to get out and walk and I'll be thinking about summer clothes, which show a bit more of my body.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #203  
Health vs. Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Good to hear that everyone is doing well!

Sounds like you are definitely back on track, Joysh. I hope your sister is doing well with her treatment.

Rosemary - You can do this - gaining and then losing a bit is part of maintenance, I think. I am back because over time I let the gaining part get the better of me. Guess we live and learn...

I have really gotten off track the last week or so. I am in a very busy time at work - a lot of hours, 6 - 7 days a week. I am thinking for the next couple of weeks, maybe it's better for my mental health if I don't worry too much about trying to stay 100% on plan. Just too much on my mind right now. I will continue to check in for motivation!

I think we're finally going to start to thaw out here, which will help me, since it will be easier to get out and walk and I'll be thinking about summer clothes, which show a bit more of my body.

I retired last year because the stress at work was getting ridiculous. Be good to yourself and follow the plan. You deserve it.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #204  
Health vs. Madness

Thanks for all of the encouragement I have received from all of you. This will be a good journey.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #205  
started IP 7/17/2012

Rosemary - I just realized you are in central IL. I am in Champaign-Urbana area!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:48 AM   #206  
Health vs. Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Rosemary - I just realized you are in central IL. I am in Champaign-Urbana area!
I live 20 miles West of Champaign. This is pretty awesome.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:35 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I'm having a really hard week... journaling this out to you guys as my 'therapy'. Starting menopause seriously here... skipped the last period, then this time it shows up 10 days late... and the first 2 days were absolutely a killer. That coupled with the anniversary of my brother's death yesterday (he was 46) has been making life difficult. I am up a few lbs (at top of my scream weight the day before yesterday) and fighting to get it back down.
On the positive ('always end on a positive' as my Mommy said when I was young), my P2 Alternative Plan to get the lbs off is going well... and I'm not snacking at night for the past couple nights (which shall continue as a streak....)

Thanks for reading (or not - as it was the typing it out that helps ).

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:28 AM   #208  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I'm having a really hard week... journaling this out to you guys as my 'therapy'. Starting menopause seriously here... skipped the last period, then this time it shows up 10 days late... and the first 2 days were absolutely a killer. That coupled with the anniversary of my brother's death yesterday (he was 46) has been making life difficult. I am up a few lbs (at top of my scream weight the day before yesterday) and fighting to get it back down.
On the positive ('always end on a positive' as my Mommy said when I was young), my P2 Alternative Plan to get the lbs off is going well... and I'm not snacking at night for the past couple nights (which shall continue as a streak....)

Liana
I'm so sorry for your loss, Liana. Sad anniversaries make this journey so much harder.

Hang in there on the weight gain - you know it'll go.

Don't know about you, but while I'm dreading the side effects of menopause I am very definitely looking forward to losing the monthly menace!
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #209  
started IP 7/17/2012

Liana - Sorry you're having a hard time. My brother has been gone for many years and it still hurts. Don't think you ever get over it, but it does get easier.

I agree with Amanda on the menopause thing - just waiting for it to be over! I have literally had years of irregular cycles now, and every time I go a couple of months without one, I am hopeful it's over, but then I get surprised.

This is going to get specific, so stop reading now if you're squeamish...

If you're dealing with the very heavy cycles, you might want to consider a menstrual cup and a med called tranexamic acid. These 2 things have helped me a lot. The alternative was a hysterectomy, which I did not want to do.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #210  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
I'm having a really hard week... journaling this out to you guys as my 'therapy'. Starting menopause seriously here... skipped

Liana
Hi Canadjineh, hang in there! Life can be challenging. We're here with you. Between sad days and meopause, it's easy to get derailed. Don't let a small setback become a habit. Part of this journey is to know when to get back in the saddle. You can do what will make you feel better in the long run.

Lizzy, I had the hysterectomy almost 20 years ago. (squeamish people, stop here) Utereine fibroids made my life unworkable. It turned out great! I seemed to have missed menopause and had no symptoms at all! Happy as a lark about it all.

In other news it's been an ok few days. I'm back n the swing of it and saw the scale go down, finally. This weekend will be a quiet one and that's just fine!

Have a good day, everyone!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote