Old 08-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #421  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm turning 50 in two weeks so looking forward to being able to join this thread
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #422  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
I'm turning 50 in two weeks so looking forward to being able to join this thread
Your birthday is close to mine but I have you beat by 6 years! Glad to have you reach this milestone with the rest of us!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #423  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Frawniemae -- I have been lurking mostly due to my work load and summer means I'm outside more not inside at the computer when I'm NOT working -- but I just wanted to stop by and say YOU LOOK GREAT!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:56 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I just turned 50 in July and just started a reboot with IP three weeks ago.

I am super excited this week. I ordered a new cookbook, Janeva's Ideal Recipes. I got it Monday and the recipes look fabulous. Has anyone else been using this cookbook? If so, any favorite recipes? Any not so great?
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #425  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Frawnimae!! Wow!! You go, girl!! You look fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
it was fun to look in the "normal" section....
The best!! I told my sister recently how wonderful it is to feel like I'm just a 'normal' person now, instead of the 'fat' person. Who would have thought 'normal' would be something to celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
WOW! Avalon Just WOW!
My thoughts exactly! Amazing Avalon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Isn't it funny how seeing the numbers go down on the scale feels good, but there's just something about getting into a smaller size that makes us just beam
For so many years, clothes shopping was a depressing necessity - now it is FUN! It's so motivating to try on smaller sizes not to try to squeeze into them, but out of necessity! Such a foreign experience!

I haven't been on the forum for awhile, but have kept on-plan and continue to lose! Just got back from a 2 week vacation and got SO many comments and compliments from family who haven't seen me since I started IP. That sure gave me a boost and will go a long way in keeping me on the straight and narrow! And I not only didn't gain on vacation - I have lost! Weigh-in today, and I THINK I should see 169 on the scale! 169! That's crazy! Super excited! I'll add an update later today with my WI result! Fingers crossed!

Last edited by 3sisters; 08-13-2015 at 08:04 AM.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #426  

3sisters that is all so great.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #427  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post

I haven't been on the forum for awhile, but have kept on-plan and continue to lose! Just got back from a 2 week vacation and got SO many comments and compliments from family who haven't seen me since I started IP. That sure gave me a boost and will go a long way in keeping me on the straight and narrow! And I not only didn't gain on vacation - I have lost! Weigh-in today, and I THINK I should see 169 on the scale! 169! That's crazy! Super excited! I'll add an update later today with my WI result! Fingers crossed!
Can't wait to hear your WI number! I'm dying to get to the 170s, and ol' 182 is sticking around like a mooching 3rd cousin.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #428  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup View Post
Frawniemae -- I have been lurking mostly due to my work load and summer means I'm outside more not inside at the computer when I'm NOT working -- but I just wanted to stop by and say YOU LOOK GREAT!
Thanks so much! I feel great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I just turned 50 in July and just started a reboot with IP three weeks ago.

I am super excited this week. I ordered a new cookbook, Janeva's Ideal Recipes. I got it Monday and the recipes look fabulous. Has anyone else been using this cookbook? If so, any favorite recipes? Any not so great?
Happy belated birthday! Welcome to the new 30s! And I have that same cookbook! She has done a wonderful thing putting it together for us! The naked burrito, peanut satay chicken, her zoodle sauce, all of her breads...heck...you really can't go wrong with any of them. If you haven't done so yet, do get some of the emulsions she uses. They add so much to everything!

Quote:
Wow!! You go, girl!! You look fabulous!

I told my sister recently how wonderful it is to feel like I'm just a 'normal' person now, instead of the 'fat' person. Who would have thought 'normal' would be something to celebrate!

For so many years, clothes shopping was a depressing necessity - now it is FUN! It's so motivating to try on smaller sizes not to try to squeeze into them, but out of necessity! Such a foreign experience!

Thanks! I know exactly what you mean about being "normal" and enjoying shopping again. TRUTH!
And congrats and a successful vacation on IP! It can be done! And 169? Wow! I am looking for to Onderland myself but that is amazing!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #429  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

YAY!! I did it! I hit the 169 (.2) mark at WI today!

SO happy! I went a long time with almost no notice/mention made of my weight loss, and suddenly everyone is noticing and commenting! I have to say, I rather like that!

I've also made the decision to go ahead and join a dating website! Was married for 30 years, have been divorced for 12 years, and I think I may finally be building up enough confidence to go for it!! Rather intimidating though!
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Anybody using the IP Senna for constipation? Would any Senna work?
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:

SO happy! I went a long time with almost no notice/mention made of my weight loss, and suddenly everyone is noticing and commenting! I have to say, I rather like that!

I've also made the decision to go ahead and join a dating website! Was married for 30 years, have been divorced for 12 years, and I think I may finally be building up enough confidence to go for it!! Rather intimidating though!
3sisters - for getting to the 160's.
Funny how moving from 170 to 169 feels like a bigger deal than 171 to 170. New decade high
I'm i-n-c-h-i-n-g out of the 170s but it feels like it's taking forever!

I've also lost 30 lb now, and like you, it's only just recently I've had comments from people.

It's good to hear you're feeling confident about dating, ( sorry I can't give you any advice, I married young and lucky me, got it right on the first try )
But that new "confidence" you're feeling will show, and I think that's even more attractive than weight loss!

I think it's true, though, one of the hardest things I think we face as we lose weight is self-image, so many of us have noticed that, how hard it is to start thinking of ourselves as fat and unattractive. I know for me, some days I look in the mirror and see this dumpy old woman, but more and more, I'm having days I see the changes, the new me emerging.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #432  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

3sisters, go you!!! Good luck with the dating website. There are still some good guys out there, you might just have to sift through a bunch to find one.

doxigirl, I have not used IP senna, but senna is often a good remedy for constipation. I've used senna tea in the past for that purpose.

I'm still at 182. One of the reasons I'm anxious to get to the 170's is that I feel that will be a safe weight to start the Couch-to-5K program. (Yes, I know it might slow my weight loss. I'm okay with that.) My plan is to start C25K in early September, so I can run a couple of 5Ks in November. I was a recreational runner back in my 20s and 30s, and would love to be in that kind of shape again - or as close to it as I can get at this age.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #433  
determined

Quote:

Good for you! Get back into the dating game! I hope you find someone to share time with. No one should be alone

Quote:
I have on occasion used a generic brand. I haven't used the IP brand but I would think any would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post

I'm still at 182. One of the reasons I'm anxious to get to the 170's is that I feel that will be a safe weight to start the Couch-to-5K program. (Yes, I know it might slow my weight loss. I'm okay with that.) My plan is to start C25K in early September, so I can run a couple of 5Ks in November. I was a recreational runner back in my 20s and 30s, and would love to be in that kind of shape again - or as close to it as I can get at this age.
I've never been a runner. I admire those that do it. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #434  

Quote:

Congrats. It sure is fun when everyone notices!

I met my husband online. Took a while but there are definitely good guys out there. FYI I always made sure I checked in with a friend before/after dates and gave that friend as much info as I had. Additionally, I chose the meeting place. Do coffee for a first date. Quick and painless for those "duds". If you both want another date (or to extend the coffee date), that is always an option! Much luck to you!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Senna is an irritant so it does work, but you might want to try a bit more magnesium especially if your doses of calcium are at a higher level. Calcium is very binding. Magnesium works fine for me and it works a little differently from senna - there is a whole thread here somewhere on remedies - you could try a search.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote