Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #16  

Oh my! I'm doing the alternative and ordered the chocolate truffle by syntrax. It's nothing like the chocolate shake that is given by IP. Some told me it was NOT AT ALL THICK! They were soooooooo right. I'm forcing myself to drink it! I will NOT be ordering this one again. I looooove the peanut butter one!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #17  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
Oh my! I'm doing the alternative and ordered the chocolate truffle by syntrax. It's nothing like the chocolate shake that is given by IP. Some told me it was NOT AT ALL THICK! They were soooooooo right. I'm forcing myself to drink it! I will NOT be ordering this one again. I looooove the peanut butter one!
I'm not sure if there's any harm in just not mixing as much water with it, and then drinking an extra glass of water afterwards. I do that anyway, makes it as thick as I want to get it in. Better solution for me than not enjoying a big drink (longer to drink), to have a smaller drink that is somewhat thicker followed by water.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,
I don't know if anyone will remember me (I do remember you, scorbett!), I am restarting IP today after gaining back almost 100 pounds. I was at 304 in March 2013.

This is my last ditch effort prior to pursuing WLS. Which I desperately do not want to do.

I remember this place is a good support so I thought I'd check back in!
Sara
Old 09-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi everyone,
I don't know if anyone will remember me (I do remember you, scorbett!), I am restarting IP today after gaining back almost 100 pounds. I was at 304 in March 2013.

This is my last ditch effort prior to pursuing WLS. Which I desperately do not want to do.

Sara
I remember you!

Lots of us restarters here...you've got this! I won't be making the mistake of falling off this forum again, losing touch was a HUGE mistake for me!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, Got a question for you. So how does one maintain on the IP diet if they have a viral bug going on? I am on week two of a bug that has wiped me out now, causing GI distress, nausea and chills. I am feeling horribly guilty about not showing up for my WI but I feel like a truck ran me over and the thought of eating veggies grosses me out! Right now that BRAT diet sounds more palatable until this passes..
Does anyone every try to keep up with the IP protocol even if they are sick?
Should I contact my coach? Maybe I will..
Any input is awesome but beware there is a viral bug hanging out in VT.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #21  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Hey all, Got a question for you. So how does one maintain on the IP diet if they have a viral bug going on? I am on week two of a bug that has wiped me out now, causing GI distress, nausea and chills. I am feeling horribly guilty about not showing up for my WI but I feel like a truck ran me over and the thought of eating veggies grosses me out! Right now that BRAT diet sounds more palatable until this passes..
Contact your coach she might have suggestions. I don't blame you for having trouble eating. You can only do what your body can manage at thus time.

If you can keep food down and you want to try to stay on plan, buy the juice like drinks - the orange reminds me of Tang it you ever had that and I like the pink lemonade. You could cook and then purée the veggies (roasted red pepper or leeks or celery root work well. You can mix these with soup. The jelly might go down easy too. Scrambled eggs might be gentle.

I know someone bought sugar free jello when they were sick. There is a brand that doesn't use aspartame. But no protein either. I think it was Hunts.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

well, I am def not in Ketosis anymore that's for sure. will just maintain high protein foods. I don't really want to waste my IP foods if I am sick.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Fluids and soup are probably best for you. Re soup, try egg drop soup that you make (low fat chicken broth, egg, some egg whites, maybe some chives - that's my simple version).

Sending you healthy thoughts!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I'm not sure if there's any harm in just not mixing as much water with it, and then drinking an extra glass of water afterwards. I do that anyway, makes it as thick as I want to get it in. Better solution for me than not enjoying a big drink (longer to drink), to have a smaller drink that is somewhat thicker followed by water.

i will try less water 2maro! THNX
Old 09-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
I did it several times
IP soups with puréed veggies
Chicken soup w/veggies for dinner (actually, I split my protein)
IP Fruit drinks (to me, they go down easier than other IP products)
Hot herbal teas
Old 09-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Monday!

Hard to believe it's already the last full week of September - where did the summer go again?? But it means we are all a little further along on our journeys, and closer to our goals! I'm closing in on the end of my first month back on IP, so glad to have taken that first step (again). It'll be over before we all know it!

This week should be fun, my homework is pretty intense but hubby isn't working at all in the middle of the week, so I should be able to get some solitary library time at some point. Makes it easier to study when it's not 2am or when the kids aren't climbing all over me We have our first Cub Scout meeting this Friday, so it'll be great to see the kids from my Den again and get back into the swing of things. We are trying to plan an apple picking outing too, there's a great farm very close by that does hayrides to the field and sells the most AMAZING apple concoctions. I plan to make a big batch of applesauce and applebutter, for the FREEZER It'll all be there once I'm back at goal!

Hope everyone has an amazing start to their week!
I love your upbeat attitude. Sounds like there is some fun apple picking in your future. And freezing what you make is a good way to have your cake and eat it too - just at the right time!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #27  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi everyone,

Sara
Hi Sara,
I remember you and I am/was in the same boat with a big regain. I restarted in June this year. I fully expect I'll go for a total of 170 loss before I'm done, but I'm reserving the last 20 lbs to decide when I get closer. We've got this!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Hi IP members. I am nearing goal and I have not chosen a weight to start phase 2. I am 64 years old and 5 foot 1 inch, the charts say 132 to 101. I would love to be under 120 but am so afraid that I will not be able to maintain it. My coach says any weight is fine so should I go with the 132 and see , or should I keep on phase 1 till I reach 120? My weight lose has slowed down to a little over a pound a week. I have been on IP for 30 weeks and have lost 77 pounds. I started at 217.6 and weight 139.8 this am. I really up in the air on this.
Congratulations on an amazing weight loss!

While the decision is yours, I'll throw in my 2 cents. Being a little thinner is probably better as we age. I'm 58 and know how great I felt when I lost 30 pounds 2 years ago. Then I lost another 5 pounds and felt even better and was between a size 4 and 6, even more energetic and just felt great. So, while I have nothing scientific to offer, if there are no extenuating health issues, go by your gut, where do you feel best?

(BTW, I gained 30 pounds back and now I'm back on IP. Glad to be back with a program that works so well.)
Old 09-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Happy Monday everyone!

I wasn't able to WI last week because my coach was out of town. My home scale says I was at 151 yesterday morning. Here's hoping that my WI at the clinic on Friday morning is around that weight or less!!
That would be amazing if I read your weight loss ticker right. Eight pounds in 2 weeks is incredible, but even 3-4 pounds is totally lovely, so fingers crossed your WI makes you happy.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #30  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
IdealProteinNewbie: That is great! I was just being super sensitive and reading too much into the situation. I'm so over relationships right now.

Thanks to everyone yesterday that responded. The cookies have been sitting there for a few days and should be pretty stale by now. LOL. I am not tempted in any way to have any. If anything, it just makes me feel really good that I am strong enough now (now that I have been on the diet for some time) to not fall for the trap. I'll throw them away as part of my cleaning routine in a day or two just to show that he can't get to me.

Thank you for the support!
OOOHHH!!!! I am with ChipnDip from yesterday's Daily Chat -- leave them sitting there - don't touch them. Let your unsupportive baking 'ex' deal with them - he put the time and effort into creating the unwanted cookies - let him deal with getting rid of them!

And everytime you walk past them, do what the Beck Solution says and give yourself 'credit' for passing them by and not allowing them to become a source of craving!
Closed Thread