Old 11-05-2014, 05:46 AM   #181  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Well, I made it through my conference and lost a half a pound. I had two glasses of wine each night and a regular dressing with salad instead of light, but drank a ton of water and followed the diet otherwise. So middle of week five and scale is down half pound so far this week. Still very very motivated. Hoping that I am down about a total of 23 pounds by Thanksgiving and 30 by Christmas. Then phase off for the holidays and back on January 3rd for 4 weeks and hopefully down another 10 pounds and phase off for good.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Hi All
rb
I have been struggling with this for the last 3 years. I lost over 22lbs the first time on IP and then i gained some of it back. I dropped another 13 lbs but gained it all back and then some. I feel like every time i gain it all back and then some. I feel like my body is more and more sensitive to carbs and sugars more so than before. Also I am not sure if this diet gets less effective the more times you try it. I feel like it takes me longer and longer to loose the same amount of weight. The first time around I lost 22 lbs in 4 months the third time I lost 13 lbs in 5 months.
I am not sure If I should make another attempt at it
Our bodies don't respond well to yoyo dieting, no matter what the plan.

Additionally, returners don't usually get the big whoosh that we got the first time so, yes, the body "figures out" ketosis quicker in subsequent visits.

I know it feels like "always dieting" to stick with maintenance but it is way better for us. I'm still learning how to do it better, too!

Remember being overweight is hard
Dieting is hard
Maintenance is hard
Pick your hard.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #183  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

I am loving this forum and all the real-world information that everyone is sharing. I gained all of my 40 pounds back plus 10 like clock-work, month by month. I thought I was eating well and exercising. I was so worried I had hormone and blood tests done plus blood sugar tests in case I was headed for diabetes. Everything came back "normal". What helped me was to simply count calories for 2 weeks and to have a good "look" at that. Science says that it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a "real" pound (not water weight) in a week...and after I looked at the mathI found that I was not "on my game".

I have a theory about dieting...people say it doesn't work...but it does. I love IP and I love all that I have learned. What didn't work for me last time was that I had not adopted the correct lifestyle before doing the diet...so even though I knew how to do Phase 4, I didn't truly commit to it because I hadn't ever done it in the first place.

I am spending 4 months in Phase 4, tracking my calorie intake to 1400 a day and exercise to burning 200 calories a day. I will lose a little bit this way but the most important thing is that I form/shape these good habits with eating and exercising. THEN I will do my IP and get the real poundage off.

That way, when I go back to Phase 4, it will be like going back to the eating habits I have really, truly established.

That's my plan ~ just thought I'd share and to say thank you for all the honesty! I really appreciate it and I find this forum to be very inspiring.
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #184  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyniagara View Post
I am loving this forum and all the real-world information that everyone is sharing. I gained all of my 40 pounds back plus 10 like clock-work, month by month. I thought I was eating well and exercising. I was so worried I had hormone and blood tests done plus blood sugar tests in case I was headed for diabetes. Everything came back "normal". What helped me was to simply count calories for 2 weeks and to have a good "look" at that. Science says that it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a "real" pound (not water weight) in a week...and after I looked at the mathI found that I was not "on my game".

I have a theory about dieting...people say it doesn't work...but it does. I love IP and I love all that I have learned. What didn't work for me last time was that I had not adopted the correct lifestyle before doing the diet...so even though I knew how to do Phase 4, I didn't truly commit to it because I hadn't ever done it in the first place.

I am spending 4 months in Phase 4, tracking my calorie intake to 1400 a day and exercise to burning 200 calories a day. I will lose a little bit this way but the most important thing is that I form/shape these good habits with eating and exercising. THEN I will do my IP and get the real poundage off.

That way, when I go back to Phase 4, it will be like going back to the eating habits I have really, truly established.

That's my plan ~ just thought I'd share and to say thank you for all the honesty! I really appreciate it and I find this forum to be very inspiring.
I totally agree with this! And I did something VERY similar before starting my reboot - I buckled down on tracking my food, and waited until I had figured out a good eating pattern where I wasn't GAINING anymore, but holding steady or dropping a little. I maintained the same weight for 3 months so I knew I had a plan that would work. Then I started Phase 1 again....and I think I'm a lot less fearful about P4 this time around!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:

Best wishes amy-
IP worked well for me and so many of us...but one thing I strongly advocate is to take a breath..(as you and others suggest....) before starting...or early in the game and make the most of the early phases to get a new regimen established. The habits you need to be successful must last forever. If you don't do it early on it is hard to do when you are beginning maintenance. Yesterday's methods will eventually get you to yesterday's results.

Instead use P1-2-3 to create your own new tomorrow...and the good habits that allow maintaining. This is a serious head game you must conquer with yourself to be successful. Exercise and diligence will be a must. Obesity, if it has gotten a hold on you, will forever be the monkey on your back.

Stay away from those bananas!!!!
kathie
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Quote:

Love, love, LOVE this idea!!!
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I am back and on Day 3.5. I tried to restart in June, but it didn't work out. In 2012, I lost 20 pounds. In 2013, I gained them back plus more. Menopause and low thyroid (and depression) didn't help. I've been carrying these extra pounds for over a year. My goal weight is not quite so lofty. I hope I haved learned some lessons!

This thread has been helpful, and it's nice to see some familiar faces.
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:09 AM   #188  

Quote:

Very good plan, phase 4 and sticking to it is key. That is why I will phase on and off over the course of my loss. It is important to know it is not an all or nothing situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I am back and on Day 3.5. I tried to restart in June, but it didn't work out. In 2012, I lost 20 pounds. In 2013, I gained them back plus more. Menopause and low thyroid (and depression) didn't help. I've been carrying these extra pounds for over a year. My goal weight is not quite so lofty. I hope I haved learned some lessons!

This thread has been helpful, and it's nice to see some familiar faces.
Welcome back
Old 11-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #189  

week 5 down...lost 2 pounds this week. Down 19 pounds in 5 weeks. Going strong. A weekend of social events (tonight, tomorrow afternoon, evening, sunday afternoon)...lots of protein packets on hand.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #190  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Default This is embarrassing, but could I be the most prolific yo-yo dieter of all time?

I am dedicated to getting it off and keeping it off this time!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 11-22-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #191  

Height: 5'2

Avalon! I was wondering where you were. Does this mean you'll be joining us again? Thanks for sharing your chart!
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #192  

Height: 5'2

Down 7.2 lbs in 19 days on my Phase 3 Reboot. I love it!!!
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Dang, you guys!
I hope I can be just like you!
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #194  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

I bet mine looks very similar to that! Every time we lost weight, we lose muscle; thats why I feel so much fatter when I gain it back.
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:04 AM   #195  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Avalon! I was wondering where you were. Does this mean you'll be joining us again? Thanks for sharing your chart!
Hi Stephacope, you might have my favorite screen name of all time! Are you a doctor?

Last edited by Avalon1957; 11-22-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote