Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #1  

Arrow It's August! IP Daily Chat 8/1/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #2  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!!

WI this morning and down 5 lbs!!! I'm shocked because it's about to be TOM and I'm bloated and the girls are sore and swollen.

That puts my total weight lost at 23.8 since June 12.

(Edited because my addition was wrong)

Last edited by kissi; 08-01-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #3  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All!!

WI this morning and down 5 lbs!!! I'm shocked because it's about to be TOM and I'm bloated and the girls are sore and swollen.

That puts my total weight lost at 24.2 since June 12.
Awesome! You are rocking this!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #4  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Morning All!!

Congrats, that's awesome!!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #5  
restart 5/27/14

Happy Friday everyone,

Going away to the beach for the weekend. I'm excited to go but I am nervous about staying OP. I will probably eat at several restaurants over the weekend which I have found to be really challenging. I'm so close to the mini goal I have set for myself. Last time I went away I gained six pounds over the weekend. I can't do that again.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.7/183/140

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Good Morning All!!

Awesome!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #7  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Kissi....wow!!!! Your losses are fabulous! Congrats!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Yet another beautiful day here. This is what it must be like to live in SoCal!

About to go a few neighborhood garage sales. Then I have a birthday cake to make for my son. I'm going to make it look like a lego brick using Ding Dongs for the "knobs" (and the rest iced in matching chocolate icing)....have been sitting with these Ding Dongs in my kitchen since Monday. I know I can resist temptation, but I think I will reward myself with a delicious Quest Brownie Bar! I think mastering my NEED (or so-called NEED) for sweets is been the best success for me on IP.

Talk to everyone later!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #8  
Started IP 6/12/14

Thanks everyone!! I'm going to stay OP 100% because it is working!! Those 1 lb loss weeks end up leveling out when I stay OP. I also think I should start going into my WIs with a more open mind or at least not get down during those slow loss weeks.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats kissi on the great WI! And jemma, you can do it!

Evemomma, I'm jelly of your weather. We had a few perfect days but today is cloudy and humid. Supposed to rain all day Sunday...which now that I think about it I'm ok with. I could use a good rainy day on the couch. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #10  

Quote:
Thanks everyone!! I'm going to stay OP 100% because it is working!! Those 1 lb loss weeks end up leveling out when I stay OP. I also think I should start going into my WIs with a more open mind or at least not get down during those slow loss weeks.
Absolutely! This is actually fantastic advise for everyone on this diet

Fat & water go hand in hand in our bodies and usually while losing fat, the last thing to whoosh off is the water. So, even on "slow" weeks, we're still losing...it just hasn't shown on the scale yet. The scale should only be one tool to monitor progress anyway.

If we get discouraged and cheat or quit, it will slow even more or stop. So, since our only choice in moving forward is to stick with it, it is attitude readjustment time!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Kissi....wow!!!! Your losses are fabulous! Congrats!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Yet another beautiful day here. This is what it must be like to live in SoCal!

About to go a few neighborhood garage sales. Then I have a birthday cake to make for my son. I'm going to make it look like a lego brick using Ding Dongs for the "knobs" (and the rest iced in matching chocolate icing)....have been sitting with these Ding Dongs in my kitchen since Monday. I know I can resist temptation, but I think I will reward myself with a delicious Quest Brownie Bar! I think mastering my NEED (or so-called NEED) for sweets is been the best success for me on IP.

Talk to everyone later!
Growing up in SoCal I definitely was spoiled by the weather.

The Lego cake sounds really cute. Congrats on staying away from those Ding Dongs. Last night I bought my kids pizza for dinner. When I went to put the left overs in the fridge I picked up a big piece and a glob of cheese fell off into the box. My mind and old habits thought about picking it up and eating it. I stopped and thought " No, you don't need that" and moved on cleaning. I am in similar situations daily because I have teenagers at home. I haven't given in once and hope that when I get to goal I can continue with my new way of thinking.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #12  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Does anyone feel like time slows down while on a diet? This is my second week and WI is tonight. The past two weeks have seemed like an eternity. Where as before it felt like the first half of the summer flew by. I guess it's just me being anxious to see results. I need to find more things to keep me busy so these weeks and the weight loss starts to feel like it's speeding up.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/12/14

evemomma - that cake sounds too cute!!! I would ask to see pics but I don't know if I reeeeeeeallly want to see a pic. :wink: I love looking at other people's creations!

jemma - I found the adventures of eating out challenging as well. Enjoy your beach weekend. You know what you need to do to stay OP and stick with it. You can do it!

lisa - This forum has been so motivating on my journey. Everyone has such great advice and the 100% OP thread and the Daily Chat have really helped me stick with it.

I started the Beck Diet Solution book last night and first chapter was like a slap in the face....I kept reading page after page and was like "that sounds like me"....."THAT really sounds like me" It's very eye opening at what a lot of people are going through on diets and in their life. Thank you for the recommendation (I think that was evemomma).
Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Kissi - great weigh in!

Jemma - we're going on vacation in a couple of weeks, I'll be curious to see how you do and adjust.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Well after two slow weeks (1 lb losses) I am down 6 lbs today. So, for those of you who are feeling a bit discouraged about slow losses, don't! As long as you are staying 100% OP the weight will come off!! I tend to have a slow week or two and then a big loss, that's just how my body is. My daily mantra is- Just keep on keeping on!

Lisa said it best, "Fat & water go hand in hand in our bodies and usually while losing fat, the last thing to whoosh off is the water. So, even on "slow" weeks, we're still losing...it just hasn't shown on the scale yet. The scale should only be one tool to monitor progress anyway. If we get discouraged and cheat or quit, it will slow even more or stop. So, since our only choice in moving forward is to stick with it, it is attitude readjustment time!!!"
Closed Thread