Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks Kathy!

Chipndip- I read on here somewhere that chicken shawarma is ok without the cheese and bread of course. I had it one time from Alabasha. I was a little bit upset because I asked for the dressing on the side and they put it on the salad. I did get a bit of a tummy ache and haven't had it again, however now you have made me hungry for it! lol
Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Is chicken shawarma ok? When I try and look it up it always includes the pita and the sauce in the nutrition count. I am just thinking of the meat on a bed of lettuce
Check the recipe on allrecipes.com and you will get an idea of the ingredients and possibly a nutrition breakdown as well.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Congratulation Gracerev, Kissi, Kelly, Jemma and everyone who is doing so awesome.
I did the body comp with my coach today and apparently moved into the "accaeptable" range and am 28% fat. I know it is likely not that relatively but given how the scale is dancing this week I'll take it. My coach thinks Im not eating enough for the working out. No lbs lost but some inches are gone. I'm going to stay phase 1 one more week and just relax, not work out as hard, and see what happens. Have my IP food packed for the week at the cottage and all I have to think about is staying on track and relaxing.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats to everyone on all the losses!

My scale has been all over the place this week but I'm not letting it bother me too much because I'm 100% and I know it's going to come off eventually. In addition, I have worn 12's, 14's and 16 size pants this week and they were all baggy. I was supposed to go see my old coach for a BCA tomorrow but a coworker's son died unexpectedly this week and the funeral is tomorrow. So I'll go next week. I'm just super curious if I have gotten to the overweight range instead of obese. I can tell my body is changing shape just because everything is baggy on the bottom and now I'm in medium tops. I just wish my bat wing arms would start shrinking. I think I'll start using my free weights again for some arm workouts. Wouldn't it be great if all clothing manufacturers made clothes in the same size? Guess it's time to hit the consignment and thrift stores again this weekend.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

This board is so inspiring!!! So glad I found it.

Congratulations everyone on your great weight losses!!

I'm headed to the beach for a week tomorrow! Rented a beach house so will have a kitchen. We are going to a small island where there's not many restaurants even, so most meals will be done at home. Have my food packed! Taking my four dogs also, so hopefully some walks in the sand will help the weight loss. I have a weigh in the day after I get back. I will have wifi so I'm sure I'll be on the board during my down time at the beach!! Not sure how I'm going to handle having nothing to do for a whole week.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 08-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

What a great way to brighten my afternoon with all these great WI's.....

So inspired by everyone....
Old 08-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Great job everyone! This is my first time coming onto the daily chat...

I've been on the diet for 3 weeks, and I'm down 12 pounds. I haven't been able to change my numbers under my name because I guess I need a certain number of posts... I'm at 175/163/145.

Today has been a good day...but I'm craving something sweet right now. I bought some Werther's Original "No Sugar Added" candies...but after doing some research online, I think I've concluded that I should resist. Anyone have any experiences?
Old 08-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateRose View Post
Great job everyone! This is my first time coming onto the daily chat...

I've been on the diet for 3 weeks, and I'm down 12 pounds. I haven't been able to change my numbers under my name because I guess I need a certain number of posts... I'm at 175/163/145.

Today has been a good day...but I'm craving something sweet right now. I bought some Werther's Original "No Sugar Added" candies...but after doing some research online, I think I've concluded that I should resist. Anyone have any experiences?
In order to have them, they'd need to be 0/0/0 (carbs/sugar/fat) and contain no aspartame. Be advised that feeding the sweet monster causes MORE cravings, rather than fewer.

You don't need to be on a certain amt if time to change those stats. Just go to User CP

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-01-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Danijo- this sounded like me six weeks ago. Time moved very slow. Days were long and restricted. I was consumed with thinking about this diet. I feel like I was in mourning from the foods I could not have, the ones I was craving, and the things being eaten in front of me.

I will tell you that it was about week four that I completely changed. I started to eat to live. I had such a great positive attitude after I laid to rest the feeling of being deprived. I am getting everything I need on this diet.

And after I stopped trying to micro manage it, I began to enjoy life more. I have more time to play with the kids, go for walks, bike ride, read books, and many more.

Its normal to be consumed by a drastic changed but I think, like me, you will start to become the change.

CHIN UP!!!!

LaLa, this is excellent advice and a great attitude. Bravo!

Kelly, GraceRev, Kissi and Jemma, great Work!

Jemma, stay strong this weekend, you are worth it

Peppertree, welcome to Onederland!

KateRose, fantastic start!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Nashua Nutrition on sale this weekend

Health Smart puddings and shakes on sale this weekend only. 10% off. Use code PUDDING10.

Also, $5 off any order (1 time use only) until 8/31/14. Use code AUG5OFF.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #41  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Amazing energy around here everyone!!!!!!!

Catlady.....I think you would be so very close to "overweight". I started the program at 170 (nearly your height), and I think my BMI was just on the very edge of "overweight" vs. obese! Keep it up!!!!!

(stop reading if you are having sweet cravings....warning)

My son's cake is going well, but the Ding Dongs were too big portportionally, so instead I have been coating Oreos with icing for the Lego knobs. My fingers have been covered in icing but I HAVE NOT LICKED them! And I'm not even in a crabby mood about it!!!!! Admittedly, I am using canned icing instead of my homemade buttercream. THAT I think I would be awfully crabby to smell and not have a tiny lick. Thank goodness for Duncan Hines!!!!

Drinking my afternoon coffee and feeling grateful.....TGoodnessIF!!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Thanks Lisa. I'm new to this - just getting the hang of it. The candies have 4g sugar alcohols...but more importantly, you're right about the cravings. I'm holding off.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #43  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

KateRose I think you DO have to have 20 posts as well as the 20 days, but 20 posts will happen quickly. There are lots of cool threads around -- including a Canada thread so check out a few others and you'll be able to make your signature in no time at all.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #44  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Congrats to everyone on all the losses!

My scale has been all over the place this week but I'm not letting it bother me too much because I'm 100% and I know it's going to come off eventually. In addition, I have worn 12's, 14's and 16 size pants this week and they were all baggy. I was supposed to go see my old coach for a BCA tomorrow but a coworker's son died unexpectedly this week and the funeral is tomorrow. So I'll go next week. I'm just super curious if I have gotten to the overweight range instead of obese. I can tell my body is changing shape just because everything is baggy on the bottom and now I'm in medium tops. I just wish my bat wing arms would start shrinking. I think I'll start using my free weights again for some arm workouts. Wouldn't it be great if all clothing manufacturers made clothes in the same size? Guess it's time to hit the consignment and thrift stores again this weekend.
We are the same height and I moved into the 'overweight' range today at 168.2....my coach said just barely like 29.9 (30 and up is the 'obese' range). You are a couple pounds lighter than me so at the same height you would have moved categories. Congratulations!!

I thought you were talking about BMI. I didn't do the BCA because it was an extra expense at my clinic.

Last edited by kissi; 08-01-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Closed Thread