Old 07-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Erica - I tried to restart several times and couldn't make it past the first few days. No matter how much willpower I thought I had, I gave in and would pig out on a meal, blowing the progress I had made then crying and hating myself.
I have been back on plan (loosely on plan) for a week now and finally able to stick to it. Instead of going 100% on day one, I followed the Atkins plan - all low carb veggies and meat/eggs/cheese. I did this for the first 4 days, dropping the water weight and getting into ketosis. When I was hungry, I ate (usually deviled eggs) but I also went out to dinner and had chicken fajitas with zucchini, avocado and sour cream. I can now follow IP after the initial break through, and my hunger levels are way down and cravings are gone.
I know this isn't IP, or 100% but it was the only way I could get back on plan.

(edit) Oh, and I lost 6 pounds in the past week, even with the extra low carb food I had!

Last edited by kcandponies; 07-14-2014 at 02:35 PM.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I swore that I was not going to gain my weight back. Lost 30 pounds and have gained 20 pounds over the last 4 years. I am very upset with myself. I am on day 1. Too many excuses. The party is over. Back to reality.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #18  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone...unfortunately, my story is the same. I just have to question....what are we doing wrong? It's concerning to me that so many of us have to restart after gaining the weight back.

I restarted on June 26th...then fell off after 2 weeks. I lost 11 lbs & 13 inches in that time...but I was bummed that I didn't lose more. (I'm now kicking myself for feeling that way!!). Last Friday...I thought that I would just do one of the Beachbody workouts while doing the alternative plan...just maybe that would help me lose faster. Nope...after 1 day I was starving. So, I commit one last time to get this weight off using 100% IP. I will MASTER maintenance this time! for me, I think that means NO cheat days. I will not incorporate sugar, anyway. Once I did that, I lost my battle on that roller coaster ride. I can't wait to be in the 140's...I can't seem to break free of the 150's. I guess that's my 1st mini goal!

Looking forward to feeling great again!!!!!
FitMom02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #19  
Start 3/8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I swore that I was not going to gain my weight back. Lost 30 pounds and have gained 20 pounds over the last 4 years. I am very upset with myself. I am on day 1. Too many excuses. The party is over. Back to reality.
We're pretty close in our stats...and restarting at the same time! I'll be starting tomorrow... We will do this!!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #20  
Start 3/8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
Erica - I tried to restart several times and couldn't make it past the first few days. No matter how much willpower I thought I had, I gave in and would pig out on a meal, blowing the progress I had made then crying and hating myself.
I have been back on plan (loosely on plan) for a week now and finally able to stick to it. Instead of going 100% on day one, I followed the Atkins plan - all low carb veggies and meat/eggs/cheese. I did this for the first 4 days, dropping the water weight and getting into ketosis. When I was hungry, I ate (usually deviled eggs) but I also went out to dinner and had chicken fajitas with zucchini, avocado and sour cream. I can now follow IP after the initial break through, and my hunger levels are way down and cravings are gone.
I know this isn't IP, or 100% but it was the only way I could get back on plan.

(edit) Oh, and I lost 6 pounds in the past week, even with the extra low carb food I had!
Way to go on losing those 6lbs!!! I know I'll have to do the 4 packets a day to start.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Restarters, I can only suggest posting & reading the Home of the 100% (No Cheat Zone) because the IP plan works to lose the weight, and works to stay at goal in maintenance plan. If we deviate from it, why shouldn't we regain? We are going back to old habits. It's a lot about the mindset and how we approach food. Successful IP'ers have changed their view of food and its link with emotions and control over our lives. Lurk on the maintenance threads for more to prepare yourself for healthy ways of eating in maintenance once you have lost the weight. If you fall down, get right back up again. The next thing that goes in your mouth should be Phase 1 compliant again. Don't justify a binge by saying that you might as well, you've blown it already. You can always pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep at it! If you take a step backward, just make the next one forward. You CAN do it! We have faith in you! Just follow the plan.

This message was sponsored by your drill sergeant, lol
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 4 of my reboot. Doing well and feeling like I am in control.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #23  

S/C/G: Restart: 154/145/130

Almost 2 weeks in restart and doing great! Lost 4.4 lbs my first week, and hopefully another good loss this week. No cheating which is really good for me. I almost feel like I'm not eating enough sometimes. The last few days I have not been hungry and almost feeling sick when I do eat my IP food. I think, or hope, it is just ketosis and not anything else. How is everyone else doing?
TBCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm not a re-starter, but I have one small suggestion for the original poster Erica. If possible, change up your signature and ticker. I only say that because every time you see your posts, it sits there like a subconscious judgement or accusation. You CAN get to the point where you are happy again, but being gentle with yourself during the time when you're trying to regain momentum and strength might be the right thing to do.

Last edited by Kawaii1002; 07-19-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Kawaii1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #25  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Day 4 of my reboot. Doing well and feeling like I am in control.
That's awesome! Stay strong and keep pushing forward!

Michelle
MrPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #26  
Started June 29, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBCourt View Post
Almost 2 weeks in restart and doing great! Lost 4.4 lbs my first week, and hopefully another good loss this week. No cheating which is really good for me. I almost feel like I'm not eating enough sometimes. The last few days I have not been hungry and almost feeling sick when I do eat my IP food. I think, or hope, it is just ketosis and not anything else. How is everyone else doing?
I'm three weeks in and I sometimes feel that way. I switched one of my meals to a grape drink from Nashua and that has helped a lot. Keep with it! You can do this!

Michelle
Old 07-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #27  
Started June 29, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
I'm not a re-starter, but I have one small suggestion for the original poster Erica. If possible, change up your signature and ticker. I only say that because every time you see your posts, it sits there like a subconscious judgement or accusation. You CAN get to the point where you are happy again, but being gentle with yourself during the time when you're trying to regain momentum and strength might be the right thing to do.
I agree you need to put the past in the past and start fresh. Think of every day as a brand new day and you can do it one day at a time!

Michelle
Old 07-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #28  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Been there, done that....

Hello, I am new to IP, but not new to this dilemma. I lost 50 on WW back in 2002. Slowly but surely it came back.

I have to believe where there's a will there's a way. First we need to be willing to accept where we are, and the only way out is change.

Change how we look at food. Food should be sustenance for our body, not a punishment or reward.

We must realize that destination diets never work.

For years I have said "losing is the easy part (yeah right), but keeping it off is the hard part.

If it were easy, we would all be rich and thin!!!

Know that you are not alone, together we can fight this battle and win the war!!
Hang in there, because you are worth it,,, we are all worth it!!!
caroling56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 236/220/155

Height: 5'6

Attitude is everything........keep on keeping on!!!
BlueBell101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #30  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

erica... breathe.

then change your signature. and fill it with new goals.

maybe you have to try a new way, one you can stick to . set a new goal, be positive, and move on. do not blame or hate yourself. like yourself for all you have dealt with besides that one weight loss thing.

it reall is just ONE THING in life.

I hope you can read us still and come back to read us

patpatpat
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote