Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
DH heads are not on the P1 sheet.
That literally made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #197  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
That literally made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #198  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
DH heads are not on the P1 sheet.
I want to make an "empty calorie" comment Ruth, but I'm already bugging DH so much I'll keep my cheeky comment to myself... (oops...too late)
Old 06-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Still trying to use up my 'WF Peanut Spread" and my "WF Strawberry Jam Spread" (after 6 months too), blech, only good hidden in with real peanut butter or in Greek yogourt, lol.
Those are the only two WF products I bought...
Not a huge fan of fake substitute foods, as you can tell - I preferred to just do without the real thing until maintenance.

Liana

Actually I counted and realized it's been 8 months o_0 since I bought the WF.
Use the strawberry mixed in when poaching rhubarb. I use it as the sweetener and then as the rhubarb cools, it thickens up like a gel. I also mix it with Franks Hot Sauce and heat in the micro for a sweet/hot dipping sauce for chicken!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #200  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I want to make an "empty calorie" comment Ruth, but I'm already bugging DH so much I'll keep my cheeky comment to myself... (oops...too late)
Old 06-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Use the strawberry mixed in when poaching rhubarb. I use it as the sweetener and then as the rhubarb cools, it thickens up like a gel. I also mix it with Franks Hot Sauce and heat in the micro for a sweet/hot dipping sauce for chicken!
I might try putting it in with stewing rhubarb. *sigh* that means I'll have to go pull more 'rhubarb on steroids.'
I've never been a fan of sweet jammy sorts of things with chicken although I don't mind a fresh fruit salsa on it and sweet 'n' sour pineapple chicken is OK. I'll have to give it a try with the hot sauce - maybe as a glaze after bbq-ing.

Thanks...
Liana
Old 06-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I might try putting it in with stewing rhubarb. *sigh* that means I'll have to go pull more 'rhubarb on steroids.'
I've never been a fan of sweet jammy sorts of things with chicken although I don't mind a fresh fruit salsa on it and sweet 'n' sour pineapple chicken is OK. I'll have to give it a try with the hot sauce - maybe as a glaze after bbq-ing.

Thanks...
Liana
Maybe use it for a fruit salsa... Chop onions, jicama, zucchini, etc. Add cilantro, jelly and hot sauce.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #203  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Maybe use it for a fruit salsa... Chop onions, jicama, zucchini, etc. Add cilantro, jelly and hot sauce.
That sounds really good. Going to have to give that a try.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #204  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Has anyone tried daikon radish mash and/or chips? No celeriac at Whole Foods so I'm trying the daikon!
I love Daikon... I boil the heck out of it after cutting it up and mash it yum I think it is better than mashed potatoes.......... Have not tried the chips might give that a try for sure
Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #205  

I am having issues this time around because while maintaining I increased my exercise, when I am off I hike upwards of 9 KMs with my dogs, I work out at the gym and do other workout classes. I suspended the classes, and gym for now as that type of intense workouts burn much to many calories, but I am going to continue with the hiking as my beagle is also on a weight loss plan. Guess what I am trying to say is I find it difficult to find a balance between following protocol and not over doing it so that i put my body into full starvation mode. That always has been my one gripe with IP is so low in carbs and calories that it can make exercise more damaging then helpful. I will be mumbling my way thru it.

Sorry that is my venting for the day.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #206  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow, one of the things that I have loved about doing IP is that I don't have to have guilt about what I'm eating. I can be proud about my food and not have to stash fast food restaurant wrappers away before picking up my kids from school. The reason I aim to be 100% is because I don't want to live with that awful old guilt anymore. Freedom!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #207  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I am having issues this time around because while maintaining I increased my exercise, when I am off I hike upwards of 9 KMs with my dogs, I work out at the gym and do other workout classes. I suspended the classes, and gym for now as that type of intense workouts burn much to many calories, but I am going to continue with the hiking as my beagle is also on a weight loss plan. Guess what I am trying to say is I find it difficult to find a balance between following protocol and not over doing it so that i put my body into full starvation mode. That always has been my one gripe with IP is so low in carbs and calories that it can make exercise more damaging then helpful. I will be mumbling my way thru it.

Sorry that is my venting for the day.
I think it is great that you have become so active in your maintenance. That is a great thing. That said, I can well see that all that activity will not fly on phase 1. I know you will find a way to balance what you (and your beagle!) need for activity with what you need from IP. I've seen you do amazing things before.

I have my thyroid check up tomorrow. I'll be glad to get that behind me.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:54 AM   #208  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I think it is great that you have become so active in your maintenance. That is a great thing. That said, I can well see that all that activity will not fly on phase 1. I know you will find a way to balance what you (and your beagle!) need for activity with what you need from IP. I've seen you do amazing things before.

I have my thyroid check up tomorrow. I'll be glad to get that behind me.
Thank you so much for your vote of support, I need to feel some confidence in myself that I can do this again and maintain it this time. We are all working this hard and we deserve the results we want for it. But it is a constant life long struggle not a quick fix for any of us.

I am hoping your very much that your thyroid testing goes well!!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #209  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Monica - I loved the no exercise on P1 because I hate having to exercise. I always feel so much better after I do, but getting motivated to do it is hard. I do the stuff the physical therapists have me doing religiously but it's really hard for me to get into the mindset that I have to do the rest of it. I'm working on that.

I know you know this, but you are adding extra protein after the long hikes?

evemomma - I know exactly what you mean! For some reason if no one saw you eat it, it didn't count was the way I thought of it. Of course, I was wrong!

A great NSV for you for sure for realizing how IP changes your mindset towards food. And yeah for you for being a good example for your kids, that's awesome!

SylviesGirl - hope all goes well with the thyroid check.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #210  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Wow, one of the things that I have loved about doing IP is that I don't have to have guilt about what I'm eating. I can be proud about my food and not have to stash fast food restaurant wrappers away before picking up my kids from school. The reason I aim to be 100% is because I don't want to live with that awful old guilt anymore. Freedom!
This! I used to eat by myself a lot because I was embarrassed about what I was eating. Now I'm enjoying my food a lot more and don't feel regret about it afterward. I almost want to show it off..."look at me and my nutritious cauli rice. don't you wish you had some"
Closed Thread