Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Quick question, plain seltzer water, is it ok to drink daily? 0/0/0 no sodium?
Some coaches will tell you no.
It is because they don't understand the chemistry.
We need to stay away from any sparkling that has phosporic acid (too acidic for the alkaline diet). However, there are MANY sparkling waters that don't contain it.

I use plain selzer. Sometimes I add Mio to it (but I've gotten away from Mio. It started tearing up my stomach, too much sucralose can do that)

My next purchase is a Soda Stream so that I can cut back on the bottle waste.
I've gotten so that sparkling water is a treat. Try to have most of your water be plain, ol water.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-05-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #77  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Pals -- I HIT GOAL!

I just can't believe it. I was beginning to wonder if there would just never be a feeling of "done," but I got it this morning. Stepped on the scale after 2 weeks. Lots happened in that 2 weeks including vacation, graduation, and a bad cold. Down 5lbs (in 2 weeks). What a wonderful note to end on. I have now lost more than I currently weigh. That blows my mind.

I came downstairs and my husband and son thought my weigh in had gone badly since I was just sort of expressionless and stunned. ha-ha It took me a while to get the words out. I just can't believe it.

Ever since I was 14 years old, every birthday wish, every new year's resolution, every shooting star (unless we were trying to conceive) was about losing this weight. I've finally done it. I could shout for joy and sob uncontrollably all at the same time.

I will begin Phase 3 Saturday.

I want to thank all of you. From answering my questions to withholding "enabling," you have always given me what I needed when i needed it.
WAY TO GO!!!! GREAT JOB. Relish in the accomplishment.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Are you in maintenance? Can you have it later in the day?
I guess this is a reminder to me to keep some packets handy, even in maintenance.

Agreed. There are so many other plans available. The point of IP IS the restricted nature of it. Want to change it? Don't like the rules? Pick another plan! It's all good!

I got to 260 making my own rules (actually 275 at one point). I really had to learn to surrender and let someone else make the rules for a while. IP P1 did that for me.
I am in maintenance, but the yogurt is at home, probably going bad on the counter and I am in another town at work. So will just have lunch early and have extra protein tonight to make sure I get what I need. Just aggravated I forgot it when I packed my breakfast and lunch.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Some coaches will tell you no.
It is because they don't understand the chemistry.
We need to stay away from any sparkling that has phosporic acid (too acidic for the alkaline diet). However, there are MANY sparkling waters that don't contain it.

I use plain selzer. Sometimes I add Mio to it (but I've gotten away from Mio. It started tearing up my stomach, too much sucralose can do that)

My next purchase is a Soda Stream so that I can cut back on the bottle waste.
I've gotten so that sparkling water is a treat. Try to have most of your water be plain, ol water.
Ok very interesting!! I'll have to check and see if the one I have contains phosporic acid. I drink regular plain ole water all day while at work and before bed. But when I am preparing dinner I like to have a glass of seltzer water with lemon. I used to have a glass of red wine so this is a replacement. I don't feel so deprived. I'll have to look into Soda Stream.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Pals -- I HIT GOAL!

I just can't believe it. I was beginning to wonder if there would just never be a feeling of "done," but I got it this morning. Stepped on the scale after 2 weeks. Lots happened in that 2 weeks including vacation, graduation, and a bad cold. Down 5lbs (in 2 weeks). What a wonderful note to end on. I have now lost more than I currently weigh. That blows my mind.

I came downstairs and my husband and son thought my weigh in had gone badly since I was just sort of expressionless and stunned. ha-ha It took me a while to get the words out. I just can't believe it.

Ever since I was 14 years old, every birthday wish, every new year's resolution, every shooting star (unless we were trying to conceive) was about losing this weight. I've finally done it. I could shout for joy and sob uncontrollably all at the same time.

I will begin Phase 3 Saturday.

I want to thank all of you. From answering my questions to withholding "enabling," you have always given me what I needed when i needed it.
WOW!! Congrats to you.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks Hawaii - I figured it was time to update. I still don't like most pics of me but I keep making dh take them so I can get used to seeing them. I still tend to focus on areas that I think need work - I'm working on that!

Ruth Ann: Love the new pic! You look fantastic!! I tried to upload a new one the other night because the one I have up there now is over 2 years old. But I can't get it to work even though I have it at 500 x 500 pixels. Sigh..I guess I'll keep trying.

Last edited by catlady1981; 06-05-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #82  

Quote:
Me neither, Ruth Ann.

Which is why I learned to stay 100%. It wasn't easy but it was a form of "surrender" -- of learning to do things differently. It meant giving up "my way" and doing it someone else's "way", whether I liked it or not. I learned to not question "why can't we have" and just did it the IP way.

Instead of making justifications for cheats or adding items to make IP "liveable", I chose to figure out how to make staying OP liveable. I figured if others could do it, so could I.

Again and again I see 100%ers get to goal. I see others struggle, burn out, or fade away. I'm sticking with all of you!

And...Ruth Ann, thanks for sharing your new pic with us. I, too, thought it was time! Your before/after pics on your profile are a real testament to how well IP works!
Lisa: I love your way of thinking. My old thinking I call "Stinking Thinking". I really see the value in staying the course and not second guessing myself and trying to wiggle a bit here and there. Even though I am a bit frustrated with 1 lb. losses right now, I am not going to give up or deviate. I've been 100% the entire time. Last weekend I had a friend try (3x) to get me to try a taste of her wine. After I told her the third time that wine would be there when I got to my goal, she finally stopped. Thanks for all your amazing advice. You're Awesome!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Pals -- I HIT GOAL!
Amazing!! Congratulations!!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Here you go. I added a couple of cups of zucchini to mine too.

CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray a mini-loaf pan with olive oil non-stick spray

In a bowl, mix the following:
1 packet Chocolate Drink Mix
1 packet Banana Pudding Mix
1 egg white and 1 whole egg
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
About an ounce of water – enough to bind it all together

Pour all contents into the mini loaf and bake for about 15 minutes.

I turned off the oven at the end of 15 minutes and let it cool that way – seems to not collapse as much.

Yields 2 non-restricted products.
Awesome!! Thank you!!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #85  

I'm curious--what do the non-100ers tend to do? Not to bash or get self-righteous. I'm just curious. Like, flub carbs a bit? Or have more fat than called for? I plan to be 100% for a lot of reasons, but mainly because I want this weight off and it doesn't make sense to waste time or money. Every extra week from cheats is $100. Plus, for me, little slips will make overall unhealthy patterns too easy.

Still, I am curious about the 90% mindset, since I am new. Maybe someone who has been there and is now a 100%er can share insight?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
I'm curious--what do the non-100ers tend to do? Not to bash or get self-righteous. I'm just curious. Like, flub carbs a bit? Or have more fat than called for? I plan to be 100% for a lot of reasons, but mainly because I want this weight off and it doesn't make sense to waste time or money. Every extra week from cheats is $100. Plus, for me, little slips will make overall unhealthy patterns too easy.

Still, I am curious about the 90% mindset, since I am new. Maybe someone who has been there and is now a 100%er can share insight?
Our focus here is in staying 100%, rather than focusng on (or discussing) the variations others may be making.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #87  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Check out the 90% thread.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #88  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks guys for the nice words on my new pic - when I look at where I started and where I am now it's still hard to believe I did it. I had kind of forgotten that I'm a small person since I hadn't been one in so long!

Staying 100% was the best thing I could have done for myself and all the advice, strategies and encouragement I got right here made all the difference in the world for me. I knew when I started that I wanted to do IP right - making my own choices and doing things my way got me to the point I was and it was time to let go and just follow the program. Not always easy, but so very, very worth it.

Saw my doc the other day and she is just thrilled. My stats are all dead bang perfect. I truly avoided some major health problems.

And after being on maintenance for a month I think I'm getting over some of my fears that I'm just going to gain it all back! My scale stays within a couple of pounds either way of 135 and I have not had the cravings or the need to mindlessly munch come back.

So anyone who gets tempted to stray - hang in there! It can be done - I know, I did it!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #89  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:

It is difficult to understand, especially once you see that the plan really does work. It seems a travesty to kick it around and mistreat it like we all have with other plans. This is the answer we have all hoped and prayed for. It is difficult to watch people put that in jeopardy over a fleeting craving or situation. That said, I think it is probably safe to say that we all have been there as far as not sticking with other diet plans in the past. I do think it has something to do with being in the right space in your life -- you have to be ready.

Thanks, everybody, for the wonderful congratulations. You had me grinning as I read them all.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
It is difficult to understand, especially once you see that the plan really does work. It seems a travesty to kick it around and mistreat it like we all have with other plans. This is the answer we have all hoped and prayed for. It is difficult to watch people put that in jeopardy over a fleeting craving or situation. That said, I think it is probably safe to say that we all have been there as far as not sticking with other diet plans in the past. I do think it has something to do with being in the right space in your life -- you have to be ready.

Thanks, everybody, for the wonderful congratulations. You had me grinning as I read them all.
"You have to be ready" that says it all!
Closed Thread