Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #181  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

S/C/G: 265/173/135-140

Height: 5'6"

I like how you are all talking about ways to use the other veggies on our list. I always look at them and think what the neck is that! Now i can incorporate more of these into my diet! Thanks! Lol
Old 06-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #182  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

My local store just doubled their WF display! More sald dressings, three different mayos. I'm still afraid to try most things based on feedback here but I picked up the oriental to use in stir fry. Contemplated ranch mayo.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #183  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

You're lucky to get WF in your store. I have to order things online, pay shipping and then sometimes get a "6 pack" of items.... In the end it's a good price per bottle, but I feel like I own a supermarket when the order comes in.

edit/addition: All this talk of WF products had me looking into my dwindling stash. What did I find? BLUEBERRY SYRUP at the back! I'm doin' a little happy days I also found "Green Valley Ranch Red Thai Curry Sauce" that is 0/0/0 -- another treasure hidden. Has anyone tried that brand?

Last edited by IP43; 06-14-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
My local store just doubled their WF display! More sald dressings, three different mayos. I'm still afraid to try most things based on feedback here but I picked up the oriental to use in stir fry. Contemplated ranch mayo.
I'm a big fan of the chipotle mayo. My store doesn't carry it so I get it thru Netrition.com
Old 06-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Still trying to use up my 'WF Peanut Spread" and my "WF Strawberry Jam Spread" (after 6 months too), blech, only good hidden in with real peanut butter or in Greek yogourt, lol.
Those are the only two WF products I bought...
Not a huge fan of fake substitute foods, as you can tell - I preferred to just do without the real thing until maintenance.

Liana

Actually I counted and realized it's been 8 months o_0 since I bought the WF.

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-16-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #186  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsgettingfit View Post
I like how you are all talking about ways to use the other veggies on our list. I always look at them and think what the neck is that! Now i can incorporate more of these into my diet! Thanks! Lol
It's amazing how many ways you can prepare different veggies. I like to cut turnips into chunks and brown them, then add veggies and eggs for a scramble - the texture of the turnips gives a nice body to the scramble.

Experimenting with veggies is fun and helps keep you from getting bored with your food. Of course, it's also nice to have a few old reliables to fall back on - busy and don't feel like cooking? Roasted cauliflower is a fav at my house and so easy. Just add some grilled meat and done.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I absolutely agree that experimentation is the key with all the new vegetables, The really nice part I found about this diet was that after being on it for so long eating more vegetables and a greater variety just became natural in my house. Without having to think about it I began substituting my starch or gluten fill side dishes with healthier veggie sides, now that is a life style change that was needed

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 06-15-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:21 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

I made a daikon radish mash / purée. It is really bitter. Like, my husband couldn't eat it. Other than burning something once I think it's one of the first times he just couldn't eat something I cooked. Boo :/
Old 06-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning 100 percenters

well I fell off the wagon so hard I'm surprised no one heard the crash!! I'm back - I didn't gain - just hovering at my goal weight - I need to get on this thread and be accountable - this board is so helpful hope I can come back and join in

maureen
Old 06-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #190  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I absolutely agree that experimentation is the key with all the new vegetables, The really nice part I found about this diet was that after being on it for so long eating more vegetables and a greater variety just became natural in my house. Without having to think about it I began substituting my starch or gluten fill side dishes with healthier veggie sides, now that is a life style change that was needed
Me too Monica - all the usual side dishes just quit making an appearance at my house. Dh will sometimes add a starch to his dinner but he's even cut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
I made a daikon radish mash / purée. It is really bitter. Like, my husband couldn't eat it. Other than burning something once I think it's one of the first times he just couldn't eat something I cooked. Boo :/
I never tried doing the daikon radish as a mash, but how great that your DH at least tried it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post

well I fell off the wagon so hard I'm surprised no one heard the crash!! I'm back - I didn't gain - just hovering at my goal weight - I need to get on this thread and be accountable - this board is so helpful hope I can come back and join in

maureen
Welcome back Maureen! You know you can do this - look how far you've come so far! We missed you.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #191  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

maureen
Welcome back, Maureen! At least you didn't gain -- must have done something right. Good to see you again.

Monica -- I wanted to say how good it is to see you stop in, too. I remember seeing you a lot when I first started, and you were a big inspiration to me.

Well, I am in love with P3. I never thought I would like anything but a shake for breakfast, but I am converted. Beginning the day with a good meal that is a bit of an indulgence seems to set me off for a good day. Easy to keep to "business" at all the other meals. I came upon a non-stick griddle at a ridiculously cheap price at the Macy's One Day sale. OMG, my life is so much easier! My french toast & pancakes are so easy now! (I have no non-stick pans in my house because I have several birds for pets and they are dangerous/deadly to birds if you burn anything in them. I felt comfortable with the griddle since it has a temp control on it and I am using it only for a minute or two each morning. Wheee!) 65 is right -- the right gadgets are so nice for navigating our new way of life.

Make it a great OP day, everybody!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #192  

Quote:

maureen
Hey your back that is the important thing, here for support from others who know what we are going through, including the slip ups, none of us are perfect and this is a life long struggle. Welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Monica -- I wanted to say how good it is to see you stop in, too. I remember seeing you a lot when I first started, and you were a big inspiration to me.

Make it a great OP day, everybody!
Hello to you too! I needed to come back for the love and support needed to help me get back on track and there is no better place to go then here!

For myself I have been back on phase 1 for a week and am in the cranky phase of my transition. I was always eating gluten free and low carb but apparently not as low carb as on phase one lol. I am needing to buy a new scale cause mine got broken and if I keep on phase one I know I need to see my progress or I lose motivation for dieting, I am sure I am not alone in needing that gratification.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #193  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

LOL -- I laugh at "the cranky phase" comment Monica. My poor DH -- I feel like I've been in a cranky phase for about 10 years! LOL... Between report cards, and the stress of the house hunting, I claim "b*tch" status for another 2 weeks. Then, when the bathing suit is on and I have my Diana Gabaldon book beside me in the hammock, I will put the away and let the re-emerge! I bet HE has an "end of school countdown" of his own, for very different reasons! LOL
Old 06-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
LOL -- I laugh at "the cranky phase" comment Monica. My poor DH -- I feel like I've been in a cranky phase for about 10 years! LOL... Between report cards, and the stress of the house hunting, I claim "b*tch" status for another 2 weeks. Then, when the bathing suit is on and I have my Diana Gabaldon book beside me in the hammock, I will put the away and let the re-emerge! I bet HE has an "end of school countdown" of his own, for very different reasons! LOL
I here you, I am on my 5th shift of 6 and its 12hr nights which don't make me the happiest of campers anyways, and now mixed with what I am hoping is carb withdrawals I am trying to remind myself not to bite my Dh head off.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #195  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I here you, I am on my 5th shift of 6 and its 12hr nights which don't make me the happiest of campers anyways, and now mixed with what I am hoping is carb withdrawals I am trying to remind myself not to bite my Dh head off.
DH heads are not on the P1 sheet.
Closed Thread