Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/124/125

Height: 5'3.5

Default Gained Weight on IP; So upset. No cheats. What did I do wrong?

I am a newbie. Started IP on 5/8/14 at 151. For the past 2 days I have gained weight. I went from 146 to 146.4 to 146.8 Not happy!!
I weighty myself every morning on an empty stomach.

Here is what I have eaten for the last 2 days
B - IP chocolate drink
L - IP cappacino drink
S- IP lemon wafer
D - 6 oz chicken with 4 cups of veggies

Over 64 fl oz water. All vitamins.

What am I doing wrong? Is it the wrong combination of IP foods? Is this a low carb diet? I really need some help. I'm really upset!
Rruthlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

First take a deep breath!

A couple of things - are you constipated? Is it near your TOM? Have you had a lot of sodium? Are you using any extras? There are so many things that can make your weight fluctuate for a day or two and it's perfectly normal. I go up during allergy season even though I don't change anything and even drink more water than normal.

Try upping your water to 80 oz - if it's water retention the best way to get rid of it is more water.

Finally, I noticed you are having all 4 cups of veggies with dinner. I don't know that that in and of itself would cause a weight gain but that's a lot of carbs in one sitting (depending on what you are eating). The protocol calls for 2 cups at lunch and 2 at dinner. Try breaking them up and see how you do.

Hang in there!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Is it humid outside? Are your muscles sore? Lots of things that can cause temporary weight gain. If the scale freaks you out DO NOT weigh everyday.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #4  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Ugh, so frustrating!! I have to tell you, though, that some of us newbies have made a pact to just put away our scales for a few days. I've been weighing myself obsessively and I've learned it's NOT HELPFUL! Hahaha. I'm a bit neurotic, so it was really hard for me. But good, and making me feel a tiny bit less crazy!

With IP, the weight WILL come off. It might come off faster or slower at first--everyone is different--but it WILL come off! You're on the right track!
12Anniepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rruthlyn View Post
I am a newbie. Started IP on 5/8/14 at 151. For the past 2 days I have gained weight. I went from 146 to 146.4 to 146.8 Not happy!!
I weighty myself every morning on an empty stomach.

Here is what I have eaten for the last 2 days
B - IP chocolate drink
L - IP cappacino drink
S- IP lemon wafer
D - 6 oz chicken with 4 cups of veggies

Over 64 fl oz water. All vitamins.

What am I doing wrong? Is it the wrong combination of IP foods? Is this a low carb diet? I really need some help. I'm really upset!
I know that my weight fluctuates from day to day, I might be up 2 pounds one day and down three the next. I would say just weigh once a week. If at the end of the week you lost 3 lbs (or however many) you'll be happy you lost. Does that make sense?
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #6  

You've gotten some great advice!
I only want to add a reminder that weight loss isn't linear. It won't go down daily (or even weekly). The line for weight loss is very jagged (it is smoother with once/week weigh-ins but not perfectly smooth then either).

You're doing such a good job of sticking with the plan. Please just relax and let it work (perhaps only weigh weekly or no more than 2-3 times per week). It looks like you're doing nothing wrong but there are some natually-occuring things happening.

Remember, on the scale we don't just measure fat loss. It is water too. So if water retention goes up for any reason (hormones?) or if you have inflammation for any reason, the scale isn't so forgiving. However, know you're still losing fat!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #7  

You all are AWESOME. All correct. I will separate my veggies between lunch and dinner. I will take a deep breathe and PRAY for a slight weight loss tomm ( don't laugh). I need to be more patient. I know it works. I have only lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I will be thankful
Old 05-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
You all are AWESOME. All correct. I will separate my veggies between lunch and dinner. I will take a deep breathe and PRAY for a slight weight loss tomm ( don't laugh). I need to be more patient. I know it works. I have only lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I will be thankful
Lol, just read the bolded part again, Rruthlyn... That's more than 2lbs a week, which is a normal healthy amount. try not to use the word 'only' along with your weight loss numbers

Good goin'!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
You are relatively close to your goal weight. Through my whole journey I very rarely lost more than 2 pounds a week. I ended up with an average of around 2 pounds a week. Now looking at it from this end, all is good. It is gone, does not matter the rate.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
You are relatively close to your goal weight. Through my whole journey I very rarely lost more than 2 pounds a week. I ended up with an average of around 2 pounds a week. Now looking at it from this end, all is good. It is gone, does not matter the rate.
drd: I'm glad to hear that. My losses have become slower (1.3 -1.4/wk) and I struggle with "where is my 2+lb loss like everybody else has". I know, I know, don't compare. Look at the overall numbers and the downward trend. The body will do what it will do when it decides to do it.

Easy to say, harder to take to heart.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Rruthlyn, I second what everyone else said. We're close in start and goal #s so just wanted to add that I do weigh myself every morning and I too see the scale creep up and down day to day and then there is usually one day a week where there is a sudden woosh and then 1 to 2 pounds are gone. Congrats on the 5 pound loss! I hope that tomorrows WI goes great!
Proudmama2maet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #12  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Lol, just read the bolded part again, Rruthlyn... That's more than 2lbs a week, which is a normal healthy amount. try not to use the word 'only' along with your weight loss numbers

Good goin'!
Liana
Agreed! My coach just told me don't use the world "only" too! I had lost about the same in 2 weeks time. Sometimes your metabolism just needs to catch up. I had friends who lost ten lbs in a week. I myself have barely lost that in 3.

Keep your chin up!
lizajuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Rruthlyn- one other thing to try (this worked for me when in did this the first time) try using the omelette for breakfast, soup for lunch and chips for a snack. In other words, everything that doesn't include Sucralose. I found that whenever my weight loss would stall, it helped when I swapped out the "sweeter" products. Since you just started though - your body is probably just adjusting. Trust in the process...you'll get there
tvizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #14  

What are the best IP foods to eat? Should I only purchase items with the lowest carbs? I'm still a newbie trying to figure this out.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
What are the best IP foods to eat? Should I only purchase items with the lowest carbs? I'm still a newbie trying to figure this out.
Post this and similar questions in the Daily Chat where lots of people will read it and you will get lots of responses from seasoned IPers!

You really can select any three packet combos (2 unrestricted/1restricted) without worrying about making special selections. The carbs will take care of themselves. IP is designed carefully to allow us not to count individual components. However, the lower carbs will be the fruity drinks, cappuccino, soups (broc cheese is higher), vanilla and wild berry drink.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote