Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I started IP on February 24. I had lost 10 pounds in the weeks before that, so my starting weight was 255. I've lost 36 total, but 26 are since starting IP.

Last week, I switched to alternative products because of the expense. I wasn't getting anything from my clinic in the way of coaching and encouragement, so the extra expense wasn't worth it for me. It was just a place to shop and buy some protein products.

I'm getting my "coaching" and encouragement from these boards!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

I started Feb. 26th and have lost 23 so far. This has been the easiest diet for me to follow. Just have to pre-plan my dinners. I really miss being able to have a bowl of cereal on the nights I don't want to cook.

Yard work will start this week - I am going to see how I do with that before I add a formal work out routine.

The people on these forums have so much more info than my "counselor". Thanks to everyone for their support!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

9 weeks on the program and I think I'm in the "zone" now... We went to a dinner party last night at an Italian restaurant and I wasn't even tempted to cheat. I had a bowl of grilled cauliflower and asparagus and drank my water. In the past, I would have been miserable watching everyone else eat bread, pasta and yummy desserts but it was great! I had a fabulous time visiting and while the food smelled delicious, my bowl of cauliflower was perfectly on plan and I have no regrets this morning!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post

Last week, I switched to alternative products because of the expense. I wasn't getting anything from my clinic in the way of coaching and encouragement, so the extra expense wasn't worth it for me. It was just a place to shop and buy some protein products.

I'm getting my "coaching" and encouragement from these boards!
I switched over this week as well. The cost of the program is so hard to justify when there are more reasonable options out there. My clinic, too, was just a glorified dietmart with a high pressured sales aspect that I didn't care for. So with all the money being saved, there is more money free to purchase cute clothes in increasingly smaller sizes!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I switched over this week as well. The cost of the program is so hard to justify when there are more reasonable options out there. My clinic, too, was just a glorified dietmart with a high pressured sales aspect that I didn't care for. So with all the money being saved, there is more money free to purchase cute clothes in increasingly smaller sizes!
Oh, YES, I'd rather spend the money on new and cuter clothes!!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #21  

Hey all- Great to find a Feb group- I started on Feb 20th and I'm down 20. I'm gluten free too, so its been a challenge. I'll take any advice from others who have to eat GF. Two weeks in a row I only lost 1 lb, but this week I lost 5 lbs. I am so glad because I was starting to get discouraged. Way to go IPeeps!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicnana View Post
I started on that date as well! I was doing great, lost 19lbs as of 3 weeks ago... gained one lbs and stayed there...

I have to say that I wasn't feeling that great, I've been really tired and grumpy/hungry (craving the carbs still!!) all the time (threatening to quit about 5 times a day! lol) so when I saw my coach last Tuesday, she put me on the 'Alternative' plan, as for people with diabeties and such... one extra bread, fruit and milk product a day. Will see how it goes... unfortunately not as excited as I was in the beginning...
I am considering the alternative plan, too. I feel really tired and weak all the time. I asked our school nurse to check my blood sugar and iron and they were OK. I'm wondering if I just need a little more of something. I envy the people who talk about all the energy they now have.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #23  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I hope so! It still feels very far away and I haven't weighed that much for 14 years when I list weight after my first child was born but I am hopeful.
I feel your pain, I haven't been there since my middle child was born, she turns 6 in a couple weeks. I don't know what happened to my body but there is now light at the end of the tunnel. It's exciting to think that this summer I could be there again!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #24  
AmberLS

Quote:
9 weeks on the program and I think I'm in the "zone" now... We went to a dinner party last night at an Italian restaurant and I wasn't even tempted to cheat. I had a bowl of grilled cauliflower and asparagus and drank my water. In the past, I would have been miserable watching everyone else eat bread, pasta and yummy desserts but it was great! I had a fabulous time visiting and while the food smelled delicious, my bowl of cauliflower was perfectly on plan and I have no regrets this morning!
Yay! It's nice not to feel tempted to cheat, I too have only recently started going to restaurants with my family, eating and being ok with it!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #25  
AmberLS

Quote:
I'd like to switch over, my IP funds are down to about 160, plus I probably have a month and half worth of food in my house. I'm just really nervous about it because I only have Walmart here, no Costco or anything else so finding alternative products is challenging and I gotta go online and that always makes me nervous, plus plan way ahead to make sure I have product here all the time. I really wanna start incorporating alternatives with the foods I have left and transition over gradually.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #26  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I realize how fortunate I was in that my transition onto this diet was very smooth. I am amazed by the willpower I have had. This week I have been surrounded by treats that I had to purchase and share with others and I didn't so much as lick a finger. The plan is so cut and dry that it makes it simpler for me to stay focused. It has been a busy week though and I haven't been getting my water in and keep forgetting my supplements.

I'm glad we can be here for each other. It keeps me strong seeing the success of others.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by szvegas View Post
Hey all- Great to find a Feb group- I started on Feb 20th and I'm down 20. I'm gluten free too, so its been a challenge. I'll take any advice from others who have to eat GF. Two weeks in a row I only lost 1 lb, but this week I lost 5 lbs. I am so glad because I was starting to get discouraged. Way to go IPeeps!
Hey Vegas: I'm GF too, and did IP with very few choices for packets, lol. Don't get discouraged, you can add in vegan or whey protein shakes and bars if you need more variety - I use Vega Tropic Tango Protein smoothie and Garden of Life Raw Protein Cacao Kiss smoothie powder. I hear Quest bars are a good alternative too with lots of flavours and very low carb/high protein - they are made with whey protein. I also used Shirataki noodles made from tofu - they are a bit chewy but really good - just don't forget to rinse well out of the package because they seriously stink when you open the pack. My coach said no problem and they even sell them at my Drop Zone IP Centre.

I post my maintenance menus on Maintenance What Are You Eating -IPeeps thread if you need some ideas. Remember if you are on P1, you can still use hot sauces, mustards, Bragg Aminos (to replace soy sauce), and all kinds of vinegars EXCEPT WINE/BALSAMIC I also used Tamari and lots of lime juice for flavour and if you like the WF peanut spread works for Thai/Indonesian style dressings sauces on P1. There are also a lot of P1 packet recipes out there on the sticky recipe thread for ideas. I did a kind of flat chewy tortilla with the broccoli Cheese soup packet - Gfree. It was good - I just googled it and used it when I needed a bready sort of wrap for a recipe.
You can message me if you have more questions or post on here or What Are You Eating IPeeps threads.

Keep on goin'! (dancing broccoli, because no dancing carrots in P1, lol)

Liana
Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 218/205.5/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi there, I'm brand new here. I've been stalking this forum for weeks and finally found the thread for me.

I started IP on February 16th and I've lost 21 lbs so far. Just today a couple of co-workers started to notice! Great feeling after all the hard work.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I'd like to switch over, my IP funds are down to about 160, plus I probably have a month and half worth of food in my house. I'm just really nervous about it because I only have Walmart here, no Costco or anything else so finding alternative products is challenging and I gotta go online and that always makes me nervous, plus plan way ahead to make sure I have product here all the time. I really wanna start incorporating alternatives with the foods I have left and transition over gradually.
I was really nervous as well but the Nashua website was very easy to use and they delivered within 5 days. And I was able to get 2.5 weeks of food for only $93.... That made me very happy
Old 04-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #30  
AmberLS

So do you use the protithin or the protidiet or both?
Closed Thread