Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #136  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I know I can't wait for phase 3!!!! I could probably live off of phase 3 with an occasional fun day lol I miss fruit more than ANYTHING on this diet, in fact fruit and a glass of wine is about the only two things I miss. I'm glad I found IP. I'm excited to see how well I maintain. I'm going to move my goal though I think... we'll see how well I get to the 170 and I may opt for 20 more lbs so I fall in the healthy weight zone.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 214.4/206.8/160

Height: 5' 4"

A lot of you girls are a week or two ahead of me so it is good to read about what it to come with the expected cravings in the next couple of weeks so I can be prepared. I have had feelings of thinking how tasty something would be but not really craving something. I am hoping that it stays this way and not full blown cravings!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
It seems that several of us (that started in February) have hit this big craving urge at about the same time. Maybe something just happens about this far into the diet... I just know that I don't want to give up and I don't want to gain back what I had lost. I had a three day carb binge this week and feel sick about it. Emotionally and physically. It triggered a migraine, even. I am also getting back on track. Like you, I don't like feeling this way.

We are stronger than we know! Don't give up! Think of other areas in your like that you have accomplished big goals and achievements and know that you can do the same with weight loss.

I'm jumping back on track, too. We can do it!
Go you! Yes, it reminded me of the days when I used to eat like that all the time. The difference with this diet is that every other one I would give up.....I got back on track and am sticking with this! I hate feeling like that!

You don't give up either, we've got this!! I can't go back to 230!!!!

I grilled a bunch of stuff last night for the week to help keep me on track, it always seems to help when I plan out my meals. I was so mad at myself for going back to my old ways! But I think it was a huge eye opener....I still feel kinda blah, but I'm hoping by the end of the week it will be better. I love the feeling when I am on plan 100%! I am going to take it day by day!!!

Hang in there!!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowey16 View Post
A lot of you girls are a week or two ahead of me so it is good to read about what it to come with the expected cravings in the next couple of weeks so I can be prepared. I have had feelings of thinking how tasty something would be but not really craving something. I am hoping that it stays this way and not full blown cravings!
Don't cheat......it really isn't worth it. I learned a huge lesson last week. It was mostly water weight but I gained almost 8 lbs within 2 days of carb loading! UGH!!! I was so mad at myself!! I am down 5 of those pounds, but that means no loss for two weeks and I was losing so good!!

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 331/245/189

Height: 5'10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
The range of ketones that matter are largely irrelevant from what I understand. As long they are measurable you are in ketosis. Be aware though that as your body becomes more efficient at burning them you will register as none. Don't panic when that happens - it's totally normal.

As far as the dizziness goes - are you getting all your salt in? Really important to do so. When I got dizzy I would just lick it off my hand and then drink a large glass of water - worked every time.
Thank you so much ...

My coach also recommended some more salt and the IP Mangosteen Water Enhancer - and voila! the dizziness went.

I had an interesting weigh in last week.

I lost 2.1 pounds however in the body composition analysis I lost 5.7lbs of body fat and gain 3.6lbs of lean body mass.

Total weight lost in 10 weeks = 44.1 lbs!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschick0925 View Post
I grilled a bunch of stuff last night for the week to help keep me on track, it always seems to help when I plan out my meals. I was so mad at myself for going back to my old ways! But I think it was a huge eye opener....I still feel kinda blah, but I'm hoping by the end of the week it will be better. I love the feeling when I am on plan 100%! I am going to take it day by day!!!

Hang in there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodmarsha View Post
I had an interesting weigh in last week.

I lost 2.1 pounds however in the body composition analysis I lost 5.7lbs of body fat and gain 3.6lbs of lean body mass.

Total weight lost in 10 weeks = 44.1 lbs!
Yaaaay, jodmarsha!!

Good going to get back on plan, texaschick - preparation is the key! and you've got this!

Liana
Old 05-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 170/151/130

Height: 5'4"

I started February 26, but I'm only down 19lbs I'm feeling a little discouraged lately. I feel like I should be losing more than I have each week, but my coach keeps hounding me to stop comparing my weight loss to others. I know, I know...but it's so hard!!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy86 View Post
I started February 26, but I'm only down 19lbs I'm feeling a little discouraged lately. I feel like I should be losing more than I have each week, but my coach keeps hounding me to stop comparing my weight loss to others. I know, I know...but it's so hard!!
You are doing well, ashjoy86... you don't really have much to lose and it will come off slower as you get closer. Don't forget your NonScale Victories! clothes sizes/fit changing, energy, blood sugars &/or lipids improving, inches being lost, body composition changing...
You are losing at about the same rate I lost - so don't feel bad - you are actually doing great! Keep up with your water & supplements (calcium helps with weight loss mechanism) and just enjoy the journey. I'm sure it took longer than a couple months to put that weight on, so don't worry... it will come off if you stick to plan.
Liana
Old 05-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I am kind of struggling....It started off at Easter, I went off plan for the day. Got back on track the following Monday and it was all good until the weekend. I got back on track the following Monday again, and it was all good until this weekend.

I continued to lose (a little!), and kind of feel crappy about this past weekend. I have two events per weekend this month and, if I am honest, I kind of want to indulge. I am eating more responsibly, it is not like all **** breaks loose when I do go off plan, but I want to do this properly and phase off.

I will try to go without any restricteds this week, see if that makes a difference. I am hosting a fest for my daughter's first communion this Sunday and I am not sure that I want to deny myself.

Problem is that I feel good, I look pretty good and I am getting a lot of positive feedback.

Even when I go back on plan on Mondays, I do not crave sweets and I am finding fairly easy to get back on track.

I love this program and it works and I really want to be able to focus on it for the next couple of months so I can phase off properly.

I have bought The Beck Diet Solution and will be starting the mental exercises tonight. Hopefully that helps!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I am kind of struggling....It started off at Easter, I went off plan for the day. Got back on track the following Monday and it was all good until the weekend. I got back on track the following Monday again, and it was all good until this weekend.

I have two events per weekend this month and, if I am honest, I kind of want to indulge. I am eating more responsibly, it is not like all **** breaks loose when I do go off plan, but I want to do this properly and phase off.

I will try to go without any restricteds this week, see if that makes a difference. I am hosting a fest for my daughter's first communion this Sunday and I am not sure that I want to deny myself.

Problem is that I feel good, I look pretty good and I am getting a lot of positive feedback.

Even when I go back on plan on Mondays, I do not crave sweets and I am finding fairly easy to get back on track.

I love this program and it works and I really want to be able to focus on it for the next couple of months so I can phase off properly.

I have bought The Beck Diet Solution and will be starting the mental exercises tonight. Hopefully that helps!
Good idea to do the mental exercises as you are sabotaging yourself by justifying your 'cheats'. This will help you get out of the mindset that you are being 'deprived.' You might also look into planning to make foods you (and everyone else) can also eat for these special occasions. Google for a recipe or check the IP sticky thread for recipes... They don't have to know it's 'special' or 'diet food.' Just make something yummy and on plan and that way you feel you can actually participate in the social-food event and not be a sad bystander. The fact that you have no problem getting back on plan the rest of the week shows it is psychological - you can beat this now that you know where it's coming from. We have faith in you, kontesanera! (black countess - interesting name...)

Liana
Old 05-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Good idea to do the mental exercises as you are sabotaging yourself by justifying your 'cheats'. This will help you get out of the mindset that you are being 'deprived.' You might also look into planning to make foods you (and everyone else) can also eat for these special occasions. Google for a recipe or check the IP sticky thread for recipes... They don't have to know it's 'special' or 'diet food.' Just make something yummy and on plan and that way you feel you can actually participate in the social-food event and not be a sad bystander. The fact that you have no problem getting back on plan the rest of the week shows it is psychological - you can beat this now that you know where it's coming from. We have faith in you, kontesanera! (black countess - interesting name...)

Liana
You are so right, it is psychological. It is not even that I am feeling deprived, it is just that I am kind of tired of staying on plan all the time. I just have to ask myself, what is that I want more? Hopefully I will be able to figure this out with the help of the books and mental exercises that I intend to follow through.

Thanks for having faith in me xoxox

Oh and I did not mean to be black countess - Kontesa Nera is the character from a famous Croatian books that I read as a child
Old 05-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 331/245/189

Height: 5'10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post

I bought both the CD for listening in the car and the book. It is really awesome for changing sabotaging thoughts.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #148  

Just checking in to see how all of you February 2014 starters are doing!!

I am back on track and have had a great week! Keep up the good work! Any tips on what helps you keep going?

I am motivated by my progress and how much I want to succeed!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 214.4/206.8/160

Height: 5' 4"

Scale showed no loss for me this week, disapointed but not discouraged Didn't get in all my vitamins and all my water a couple of days so I am pretty sure I know the why of it.

Going to have to check out the beck diet solution book.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 202/159/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi there! I have been lurking since day one of IP which was FEB 13, 2014. I have gained so much knowledge, information and tips from this amazing site and the amazing people on it! (I have a wonderful coach too...which is so important!)

WI today i broke 40lbs lost! 12 weeks!

I haven't been that great about walking and my coach keeps encouraging me to get out there and do it! I know the pounds would be melting even faster!

I love this diet. I love this community.

it's amazing to be on a diet and have the way it makes me feel be just as exciting as the way it makes me look!!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in!
Let's keep each other pumped up and encouraged through this journey, fellow FAB Feb's!!
Closed Thread