3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   April Fantastic Loosers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294487-april-fantastic-loosers.html)

Ruth Ann 04-10-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4981653)
Hi JLUS:

To clarify, the IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar is a restricted item that was added into my items, this week. I think that this is common in the IP program that everyone gets a restricted item per day after their 3rd weigh in. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I do have veggies included in my salad at lunch. The Big Mac in a Bowl calls for lettuce, pickles and onion along with WF Thousand Island dressing.

This is my menu for today:

B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake, WF Syrup
S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: IP Chicken Pasta Soup and Salad (with veggies)
S: IP NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
D: Southwestern Style Tilapia and Asparagus

Water: 5 liters

Happy Thursday All!!! :D

The guidelines call for 2 unrestricted and one restricted, you might want to clarify with your coach. The restricted is not supposed to be in addition to the 3 packets.

I've had restricted items since I started, the "after 3rd weigh in" sounds like a coach's "house rules".

And I asked this question in the What Are You Eating thread, don't feel you have to answer in both places!

cschmandt 04-10-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4981671)
The guidelines call for 2 unrestricted and one restricted, you might want to clarify with your coach. The restricted is not supposed to be in addition to the 3 packets.

I've had restricted items since I started, the "after 3rd weigh in" sounds like a coach's "house rules".

And I asked this question in the What Are You Eating thread, don't feel you have to answer in both places!

Per my coach, I was to continue eating my 3 IP packets each day along with adding a restricted item. She stated, "make sure you eat your 3 IP packets as well." I do not know if this is correct or not. Some guidance would be appreciated. If I am to only have 1 restricted item and 2 IP Packets, then I should get that clarified by those who have been on the plan.:?:

Ruth Ann 04-10-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4981682)
Per my coach, I was to continue eating my 3 IP packets each day along with adding a restricted item. She stated, "make sure you eat your 3 IP packets as well." I do not know if this is correct or not. Some guidance would be appreciated. If I am to only have 1 restricted item and 2 IP Packets, then I should get that clarified by those who have been on the plan.:?:

Look at the P1 sheet in the 1st post of the daily sheet. It's 2 unrestricted and one restricted. During the first week you can add an extra packet to get over the hump if you need to.

Are you doing heavy exercise or some other reason your coach might want you to have extra protein

cschmandt 04-10-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4981671)

I just contacted the director of the program to clarify that I am to do the 3 IP Packets and the 1 restricted item "after my 3rd weigh in" in Phase 1. She informed me that if you replace an IP packet (which is giving protein for the body from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner and the snack) then the weight loss on the scale will slow down as well.

She informed me that the bar and/or chips is a carb snack for the brain to keep the body in ketosis, otherwise the brain will go into starvation mode and the weight loss will slow down on the scale each week.

She stated that it is the "protocol" for Phase 1.

JLUS 04-10-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4981695)
I just contacted the director of the program to clarify that I am to do the 3 IP Packets and the 1 restricted item "after my 3rd weigh in" in Phase 1. She informed me that if you replace an IP packet (which is giving protein for the body from breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner and the snack) then the weight loss on the scale will slow down as well.

She informed me that the bar and/or chips is a carb snack for the brain to keep the body in ketosis, otherwise the brain will go into starvation mode and the weight loss will slow down on the scale each week.

She stated that it is the "protocol" for Phase 1.

That is most DEFINITELY house rules for that center then... It is NOT the IP protocol at all. Restricteds have all the same protein requirements that the packet has so it is not taking anything away, it is only adding a slightly higher carb (and or fat/calorie) count which is what makes them restricted.

No one here is telling you to change... Just making sure that everyone who reads this understands that not all coaching is equal and we all have to decide how best to proceed given all the information from all sources.

Sorry if this causes frustration as that is not the intent!

JLUS 04-10-2014 12:08 PM

Not to belabor the subject, but... I looked at the IP P1 sheet and I respectfully think that the clinic may be misinterpreting the protocol. In the meal by meal iT shows 1 IP Packet per meal in bold. At the bottom of the sheet it states one IP Restricted item may be used per day. It does not further clarify that restricted is to replace a packet above, but that IS the protocol...

For example, I was allowed restricted from the beginning so my coach gave me 21 packets for week one and put a red R on seven restricted items so I would be sure to only use one per day and have two unrestricted packets.

Again, all just for clarification for the new IPers.

It is well known on these boards that not all clinics/coaches have as much knowledge as we would like or the complete training OR they decide to make "house rules" thinking they have leeway to change IP as they would like.

Ruth Ann 04-10-2014 12:30 PM

Good information from JLUS (as usual).

Don't mean to confuse you cschmandt. It sounds like your coach is making up his/her own rules. The added protein and carbs could potentially slow down your losses, not speed them up.

cschmandt 04-10-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4981709)
Not to belabor the subject, but... I looked at the IP P1 sheet and I respectfully think that the clinic may be misinterpreting the protocol. In the meal by meal iT shows 1 IP Packet per meal in bold. At the bottom of the sheet it states one IP Restricted item may be used per day. It does not further clarify that restricted is to replace a packet above, but that IS the protocol...

For example, I was allowed restricted from the beginning so my coach gave me 21 packets for week one and put a red R on seven restricted items so I would be sure to only use one per day and have two unrestricted packets.

Again, all just for clarification for the new IPers.

It is well known on these boards that not all clinics/coaches have as much knowledge as we would like or the complete training OR they decide to make "house rules" thinking they have leeway to change IP as they would like.

I went back and read the Phase 1 protocol sheet as well. I am confused, that is for sure. I have several friends who are on the program and I am checking with them as well.

I do not want to gain, that is not the ideal or stall. I am needing the best advise that anyone can give me so I can make the correct decision on what to do.

Ruth Ann 04-10-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4981741)
I went back and read the Phase 1 protocol sheet as well. I am confused, that is for sure. I have several friends who are on the program and I am checking with them as well.

I do not want to gain, that is not the ideal or stall. I am needing the best advise that anyone can give me so I can make the correct decision on what to do.

So glad you are checking it out! We all want you to succeed and I love that you are open to listening - you'll do great!

Ruth Ann 04-10-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4981741)

You know, it suddenly dawned on me that your menu:

None of those appear to be Ideal Protein products. Is your coach selling something other than IP products?

sunflwr816 04-10-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4981789)
You know, it suddenly dawned on me that your menu:

None of those appear to be Ideal Protein products. Is your coach selling something other than IP products?

Looks like Health Smart products to me.....

I ordered the "NY cheesecake" from Nashua Nutrition.

JLUS 04-10-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwr816 (Post 4981803)
Looks like Health Smart products to me.....

I ordered the "NY cheesecake" from Nashua Nutrition.

YEP ... I also looked up the lemon chiffon pudding from another day and chocolate chip pancake and chicken pasta soup, and those are also HealthSmart products. Hmmmmmmmm......

Ruth Ann 04-10-2014 03:49 PM

cschmandt - I hope you check back in so we can see how you're doing.

There is nothing wrong with using Health Smart products that mimic the IP products -- lots of people have great success losing weight with alternatives. My concern is that you may be paying IP prices for non-IP products (wouldn't be the first time that has happened).

JLUS 04-10-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4981858)
cschmandt - I hope you check back in so we can see how you're doing.

There is nothing wrong with using Health Smart products that mimic the IP products -- lots of people have great success losing weight with alternatives. My concern is that you may be paying IP prices for non-IP products (wouldn't be the first time that has happened).

Yes, PLEASE check in with us!!! :hug:

emmy55 04-10-2014 07:53 PM

Evening all - just checking in to say Hi! My clinic also does 3 total IP packets per day and only one can be Restricted. Tried the tomato basil soup today - not bad. And the banana pineapple mix drink for breakfast was good. Tilapia and veggies/salad for dinner. Then a pudding for snack. My coach said I was doing so well without eating restricted packets I should avoid because they would slow down weight loss. Have you all found that to be true?

JLUS 04-10-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmy55 (Post 4982006)
Evening all - just checking in to say Hi! My clinic also does 3 total IP packets per day and only one can be Restricted. Tried the tomato basil soup today - not bad. And the banana pineapple mix drink for breakfast was good. Tilapia and veggies/salad for dinner. Then a pudding for snack. My coach said I was doing so well without eating restricted packets I should avoid because they would slow down weight loss. Have you all found that to be true?

What seems to hold for most id that restricteds do not slow losses... People have even tested several weeks with and without with same basic losses. IP was designed to accommodate one restricted per day within the allowed calories, fats, carbs and sugars.

Some people who are extra carb sensitive have found a little slowing, and some people find the sweet ones can trigger desire for more. But the majority of people are just fine having them. Also, for many, they are something to look forward to as a way to satisfy a sweet or salty/crunchy desire.

AlaskaLadyie 04-10-2014 09:14 PM

What a great amount of posts today and some fantastic advice.. Just my 2 cents worth but I read somewhere that some clinics do impose their own (loose) rules to keep people coming back so they make more money... I was sad to read that I also sure hope the price was less for the Health Smart packets... I finally feel not starving hungry today.. FINALLY... Wow that was a rough week and 1/2... Happy Day my friends

Ruth Ann 04-11-2014 12:17 PM

Just bumping up hoping cschmandt will check in - I want to see how she's doing. (I'm a worrier, can you tell?) :hug:

AlaskaLadyie 04-11-2014 02:40 PM

I am concerned to Ruth Ann and thank you so much for your information and insight...Can you tell if she has been on line at all???

JLUS 04-11-2014 02:42 PM

She posted to the Daily Chat early this morning so hopefully she will be back and share with us!!

cschmandt 04-11-2014 02:57 PM

Good Afternoon All!!

I'm good!! You don't need to be worrying!! I am still checking things out with the program that I am doing. I am continuing to follow what my director/coach has me doing until told otherwise. I have to much invested to get all wishy washy with this.

It's a sunny day in Indiana and around 65 degrees out, so hopefully as soon as I get off of work I can either go for a walk or a bike ride and enjoy some of the sunshine.

My Menu for today:

B: SH Chocolate Chip Pancake
S: SH Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: SH Beef Pasta Soup and Salad
S: SH NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
D: Shrimp Scampi and Asparagus

Water: 5 Liters, as usual.

Thanks for all the great counsel and thoughts today!!

JLUS 04-11-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4982598)
Good Afternoon All!!

I'm good!! You don't need to be worrying!! I am still checking things out with the program that I am doing. I am continuing to follow what my director/coach has me doing until told otherwise. I have to much invested to get all wishy washy with this.

It's a sunny day in Indiana and around 65 degrees out, so hopefully as soon as I get off of work I can either go for a walk or a bike ride and enjoy some of the sunshine.

My Menu for today:

ABSOLUTELY keep doing... Alternative products are used by MANY on here and work as well as IP. We just wanted you to have all the info you need and to know what you are using.

We look forward to your successes and are here for whatever you need!

Ruth Ann 04-11-2014 03:11 PM

Thanks for checking back in cschmandt - good to know all is ok with you!

AlaskaLadyie 04-11-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4982598)
Good Afternoon All!!

My Menu for today:

Great you checked back with us ... Great positive attitude U got this :)

AlaskaLadyie 04-11-2014 08:24 PM

OH my I ended up eating 2 of the small heads of Boston Lettuce for lunch along with my Tomato Basil soup and 2C cucumber
I just cant get above this hungry feeling I feel like I could eat the Refrigerator... I drink tons of water No sure the answer I will push on to see if next week is a better week

emmy55 04-12-2014 01:24 AM

Thanks for the advice about the restricted packets. I went ahead and tried the bbq soy nuts at the baseball game tonight. (Tasted sort of like dry roasted edamame I have in my pantry.) We'll see what happens to weight loss. My other baseball snack is a dill pickle.

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie (Post 4982719)
OH my I ended up eating 2 of the small heads of Boston Lettuce for lunch along with my Tomato Basil soup and 2C cucumber
I just cant get above this hungry feeling I feel like I could eat the Refrigerator... I drink tons of water No sure the answer I will push on to see if next week is a better week

Try some hot decaf tea - for some reason hot beverages really seem to make me feel fuller than just water. Good luck and congrats on making good choices with the lettuce - it will get better (although you'll still have "hungry days" on occasion) so hang in there!

AlaskaLadyie 04-12-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4982857)
Try some hot decaf tea - for some reason hot beverages really seem to make me feel fuller than just water. Good luck and congrats on making good choices with the lettuce - it will get better (although you'll still have "hungry days" on occasion) so hang in there!

Thank you Ruth Ann believe it or not since I am in Alaska and it is still sorta cold here I drink warm or Hot water I will try the decaf type of tea tomorrow ok :) Today has been a bit better scale down another # and no headache till 4pm and I am off at 5... I went to bed early last night cause I could not handle the headache any more ... hope every one else is having a Great Weekend

AlaskaLadyie 04-13-2014 10:52 PM

Happy Day Happy Day I had a 3# loss on the scale this morning I am thrilled...Had a horrible headache yesterday but not one today... We took the boys swimming it felt great

cschmandt 04-14-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie (Post 4983901)
Happy Day Happy Day I had a 3# loss on the scale this morning I am thrilled...Had a horrible headache yesterday but not one today... We took the boys swimming it felt great

Congrats on the loss at weigh-in!!

You are doing awesome!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...8/130/181/.png

emmy55 04-14-2014 10:13 AM

AlaskaLadyie -Great loss this morning. Glad your headache has gone away. They can be so tough - I had one last wed morning so bad I stayed home from bible study.
My scale seems to be stuck this week. I have weigh in tomorrow. guess after my first two weeks with big losses I should expect a low loss week. I know from reading this board the weekly losses go up and down.
everyone have a good monday.

SophieLT 04-14-2014 01:37 PM

Does anyone add stuff to the WF ketchup or mayo? I was thinking of trying them.

cschmandt 04-14-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4984336)

I have bought several of the salad dressings, pancake syrup, ketchup and peanut butter spread from Walden Farms or at the local grocery.

Cheryl

AlaskaLadyie 04-14-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4984336)

Believe it or not I like the Walden Farms stuff just like it is out of the bottle the ketchup and 1000 island dressing are my favorites.. I usually am a Ranch Dressing gal but in Walden Farms I like the 1000 island the best.....I do not like the peanut butter spred at all .. I suspect if u like more flavor to the ketchup I bet u could add a small bit of horseradish or garlic poweder... I have added a small bit of horseradish to the ketchup to use as a boiled shrimp dip .

AlaskaLadyie 04-14-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmy55 (Post 4984176)
AlaskaLadyie -Great loss this morning. Glad your headache has gone away. They can be so tough - I had one last wed morning so bad I stayed home from bible study.
My scale seems to be stuck this week. I have weigh in tomorrow. guess after my first two weeks with big losses I should expect a low loss week. I know from reading this board the weekly losses go up and down.
everyone have a good monday.

Thank you yes I don't get headaches very often so am not a happy camper at all when one hits ...the scale showed the same today but I expected that after the huge dump on Sat that showed up Sunday morn.. will keep going on now that I found my nitch

SophieLT 04-14-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4984340)
I have bought several of the salad dressings, pancake syrup, ketchup and peanut butter spread from Walden Farms or at the local grocery.

Cheryl

Do you add anything to alter the flavor or use as is?

cschmandt 04-14-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4984396)
Do you add anything to alter the flavor or use as is?

I have not altered the flavor at all, I am using as is.

Cheryl

cheers2014 04-14-2014 03:48 PM

I started April 8 ,tomorrow is my first weigh in. I'm excited to see the results. The first three days were extremely rough for me. I felt weak and major headaches but my body has adjusted and gaining strenght back. So far this diet is simple and easy to stick too.

AlaskaLadyie 04-14-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4984429)
I started April 8 ,tomorrow is my first weigh in. I'm excited to see the results. The first three days were extremely rough for me. I felt weak and major headaches but my body has adjusted and gaining strenght back. So far this diet is simple and easy to stick too.

Welcome cheers 2014........I say u are lucky the headaches only plagued u for that short length of time I spent 2 weeks with them most of the day I always drink lotsa water and I was downing salt it helped a bit .. I am so glad now the Headaches have subsided for me... So Glad u have joined us

cschmandt 04-14-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4984429)

Tomorrow will be an awesome day!!!

Looking forward to hearing how the weigh-in goes!!

Cheryl