3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   April Fantastic Loosers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294487-april-fantastic-loosers.html)

WABelle 04-14-2014 06:11 PM

Hey all - hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

I started this IP diet on April 3.

I do not like the taste of the foods and I came here mostly to get recipes for making them better. It's horrible when you prefer homemade stuff and are now eating space food ;)

about the WF mayo...I have some. It is sweet and doesn't taste like mayo at all. I can't even pretend it does. :D

It is like having salad dressing (kinda like cole slaw dressing) so that is what I use it for. I have added vinegar to it to cut down on the sweetness. I have added curry to it when I put chicken on top of my salad. I have added chili powder to give it a kick.

I like the WF peanut butter because I really do not like real peanut butter. Again this stuff is sweeter than normal but I put it on top of celery and I use just a little bit.

AlaskaLadyie 04-14-2014 11:41 PM

Welcome WABelle.... Sorry u do not like the taste of the IP foods... hope soon u find some of it you like I love the Chicken ala king pottage and the Wild berry smoothie The strawberry pudding is good to well in my opinion Best of luck

emmy55 04-15-2014 04:53 PM

WABelle - Sorry you do not like the taste of the IP food. I enjoy the orange drink mix, the Blueberry cran drink mix, peach mango mix, the chicken soup and mushroom soup with veggies in them, dark chocolate pudding, butterscotch pudding. the capppuinno heated in microwave.
Does your clinic let you buy individual packets? I probably buy 15 or so different flavors IP packets each week.

emmy55 04-15-2014 04:55 PM

Cheers 2014 - How did the weigh in go?

cooluu 04-15-2014 08:57 PM

Hello, I started on IP 4/7/14 I had my first weigh in on 4/13/14 because I was leaving Monday for a work conference. I lost 6.9lbs the first week. I packed a cooler full of veggies for this conference and have costume ordered each place we have ate. Fingers crossed the scale shows the effort this week away from home has been.

AlaskaLadyie 04-15-2014 09:08 PM

good for you cooluu... it is tough on any diet to stay legal and away from home.. I have been having huge dumps on Sat that show on the scale Sunday morning... then the rest of the week like .1 or the scale shows the same # ... I am doing this on my own so use the weight my own scale says every Monday morning as my "official" weight in weight... Gloomy day here today and most of the day our computer system here at work was down BORING... sure wanted to eat ... I stuck it out UGH

cheers2014 04-15-2014 09:10 PM

Today was my first weigh in... 10 lbs down . Im so pumped for the next week

cheers2014 04-15-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie (Post 4984445)
Welcome cheers 2014........I say u are lucky the headaches only plagued u for that short length of time I spent 2 weeks with them most of the day I always drink lotsa water and I was downing salt it helped a bit .. I am so glad now the Headaches have subsided for me... So Glad u have joined us

Thanks AlaskaLadyie but I definitely have to give you a high five for sticking with it for two weeks im pretty sure i would have given in. Nice work

cooluu 04-15-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4985366)

Awesome Job for one week!

IlliniFan 04-15-2014 10:46 PM

April Newbie. 5 days on IP

Hello all. Brand new. Just 5 days on IP. Wondering if anyone could give hints on eating out. Just had my first meal out at Applebee's and had romaine with my own homemade mustard dressing 7 oz steak and broccoli, zucchini. I was delicious. Now wondering if steak was buttered and will take me out of ketosis. Should I be worried. Better choices to make? Would love any helpful hints!

calypso58 04-15-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan (Post 4985414)
Hello all. Brand new. Just 5 days on IP. Wondering if anyone could give hints on eating out. Just had my first meal out at Applebee's and had romaine with my own homemade mustard dressing 7 oz steak and broccoli, zucchini. I was delicious. Now wondering if steak was buttered and will take me out of ketosis. Should I be worried. Better choices to make? Would love any helpful hints!

Hi IlliniFan, Butter won't take you out of ketosis as it is fat, not carbs. I always order steaks and vegetables cooked clean. No oils, no butter, nothing! I've never had a restaurant deny my requests!

Good luck!
Nancy

SophieLT 04-16-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4985428)
Hi IlliniFan, Butter won't take you out of ketosis as it is fat, not carbs. I always order steaks and vegetables cooked clean. No oils, no butter, nothing! I've never had a restaurant deny my requests!

Good luck!
Nancy

Thanks for the tip Nancy

cschmandt 04-16-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4985366)

Congrats on the awesome 1st weigh in!!! Whoop Whoop!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheryl

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...130/177.5/.png

SophieLT 04-17-2014 11:05 AM

Has anyone had to avoid a social situation, say a trivia night, because they felt they couldn't handle being around so much food?

AlaskaLadyie 04-17-2014 03:08 PM

morning all... sorry I was MIA yesterday............ I got lotsa Organic Exercise yesterday as we got water in our basement so I spend the day using the shop vac to get rid of the water and mopping it up... got a blister.. ugh.. Also dug trenches out in the driveway to divert the water flowing off driveway over patio and down along foundation ... Ugh solution is to excavate next to house and install a French drain Ya i'm excited about that expense... I ate extra protein to keep going yesterday but I sure am hungry today ..I also cleaned 4 of the kennel runs up in my dog boarding kennel of the slushy snow and any ---- left behind through the winter snows... Sure could of stayed home and slept today he he but I am at work today..

MarylandMom 04-17-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4986414)
Has anyone had to avoid a social situation, say a trivia night, because they felt they couldn't handle being around so much food?

I have considered skipping various events because the thought of being around all that food was terrifying, but I decided to look at it as a challenge and an opportunity to flex those "mental muscles" and learn how to enjoy the event for what it is...good friends and good laughs. I had to choose: have the willpower to go and not eat the unhealthy food choices (and maybe feel badly about that) or stay home and miss out on a good time (and feel really badly about that). Life is life, and I don't want to miss out on it because I choose to eat healthy and follow a certain diet. That said, only YOU can make the decision based on what you know you are mentally capable of at this point in your weight loss journey. There is NOTHING wrong with skipping out on an event if you feel you need to. Much better than going off plan and beating yourself up for it.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...you'll be fine either way. :)

pishposhappelsauce 04-17-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLT (Post 4986414)

Just today I sat out of one of our company's "lunch and learn" professional development meetings because they ordered pizza and I didn't want to be around it. They had a call in number so I did that instead and ate my lunch.

Now all the empty pizza boxes are in the office kitchen and the grease smell is overpowering.

SophieLT 04-17-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 4986604)
Just today I sat out of one of our company's "lunch and learn" professional development meetings because they ordered pizza and I didn't want to be around it. They had a call in number so I did that instead and ate my lunch.

Now all the empty pizza boxes are in the office kitchen and the grease smell is overpowering.

Glad I'm not the only one :)

SophieLT 04-17-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarylandMom (Post 4986581)
I have considered skipping various events because the thought of being around all that food was terrifying, but I decided to look at it as a challenge and an opportunity to flex those "mental muscles" and learn how to enjoy the event for what it is...good friends and good laughs. I had to choose: have the willpower to go and not eat the unhealthy food choices (and maybe feel badly about that) or stay home and miss out on a good time (and feel really badly about that). Life is life, and I don't want to miss out on it because I choose to eat healthy and follow a certain diet. That said, only YOU can make the decision based on what you know you are mentally capable of at this point in your weight loss journey. There is NOTHING wrong with skipping out on an event if you feel you need to. Much better than going off plan and beating yourself up for it.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...you'll be fine either way. :)

Thanks for your reply. I've been able to handle social situations thus far but I just remember the trivia night last year and there was so much food there it was crazy. And none of it was healthy, of course. I do like your "mental muscles" and will remember that next time I'm tempted :)

canadjineh 04-17-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WABelle (Post 4984502)
Hey all - hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

I started this IP diet on April 3.

I do not like the taste of the foods and I came here mostly to get recipes for making them better. It's horrible when you prefer homemade stuff and are now eating space food ;)

about the WF mayo...I have some. It is sweet and doesn't taste like mayo at all. I can't even pretend it does. :D

I like the WF peanut butter because I really do not like real peanut butter. Again this stuff is sweeter than normal but I put it on top of celery and I use just a little bit.

You sound a bit like a fellow 'foodie', I disliked WF stuff too. Took a while to get used to the IP packets - I must keep gluten free so my choices were extremely limited. I liked the dark choc pudding with the salt mixed in and good chili powder or with LOTS of cinnamon and real dutch cocoa powder (which is very low in calories 15 and net carbs 0g - NOT the sweetened kind for hot chocolate drink mix) to make it taste darker/chocolaty-er. I use Wasco Pure Cocoa.

To get rid of the WF 'peanut spread' I am mixing it half n half with real 100% peanut butter as I am on maintenance and don't want to just throw it out. You can also mix the cinnamon & cocoa powder in this and make it a breakfast sort of flavour - a couple of times I mixed the pb with the dark chocolate pudding for a mock Reeses flavour.

Some interesting ideas for recipes are here: http://www.idealweightlossclinic.com...-and-desserts/

cheers2014 04-17-2014 05:35 PM

Just wondering how many pacs of unrestricted are people eating a day. I was told 3 but I hsd some conflicting information today so I just want to make sure im on track

lisa32989 04-17-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4986640)
Just wondering how many pacs of unrestricted are people eating a day. I was told 3 but I hsd some conflicting information today so I just want to make sure im on track

3 total packets/day. One of those 3 can be restricted.

So, most people have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted. If you skip the restricted then you would have 3 unrestricted.

cheers2014 04-17-2014 07:59 PM

Thanks lisa32989 I thought something wasn't right. . You look great by the way .. its inspiring to see your hard work has paid off

pishposhappelsauce 04-18-2014 09:48 AM

Second week of IP is going way faster than the first, but I have been much more tired and hungry than I was the first week. Today seems to be ok so far, so maybe it was just a TOM thing.

I had the most vivid dreams last night that I was eating pretzels. And then I had another dream that my boyfriend was eating a gigantic bowl of spaghetti and I was really angry at him, lol. I hope I'm not a sleep eater, but I don't see how I could be since we don't have pretzels in the house. Why can't I have carb dreams about eating something better than pretzels?

AlaskaLadyie 04-18-2014 09:17 PM

Still tired from my ordeal with vacuuming up the water in the basement . but the good news is no more water. I put the basement back in order last night and tonight I am going to the Jr Hockey Game..I love hockey and is about to be over for the year..Significant other is gone to the mountains on snowmachine and I got the weekend to my self...Yea... I have to really make my self stay legal as no one to say to me Hey is that on your diet :)

cooluu 04-21-2014 11:50 AM

I had my second week weigh in so week 1=6.9lbs week 2=2.8 for a total of 9.7 lbs lost in two weeks. I still have a long ways to go but I'm happy with the progress!

NaeNae2113 04-21-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooluu (Post 4988689)
I had my second week weigh in so week 1=6.9lbs week 2=2.8 for a total of 9.7 lbs lost in two weeks. I still have a long ways to go but I'm happy with the progress!

WOW!! You have done great!! Almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks!! I have my first weigh in on Thursday, hope I do as well. I have chosen not to weigh except once a week with my coach, so I don't know if I have lost any weight so far. But I sure feel good and am not hungry at all!! This is the first plan where I haven't been starving!! LOVE IT!!:carrot:

hope2781 04-21-2014 01:22 PM

For me week 1 = 7 lbs week 2 = 0 and awaiting the scale to go down on week 3

SophieLT 04-21-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 (Post 4988742)
WOW!! You have done great!! Almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks!! I have my first weigh in on Thursday, hope I do as well. I have chosen not to weigh except once a week with my coach, so I don't know if I have lost any weight so far. But I sure feel good and am not hungry at all!! This is the first plan where I haven't been starving!! LOVE IT!!:carrot:

I am doing the same thing. I don't have a scale in my house. I didn't want to stress about it.

cooluu 04-21-2014 04:52 PM

I wish I could just weigh in once a week but I find myself stepping on the scale every morning. I'm not sure how to break that habit because I've done it as long as I can remember. Good luck on Thursday!!!

shelflife 04-21-2014 09:09 PM

Figured I'd jump in and join you guys! I started IP on April 12, and lost 6.1lbs in the first week. I would not qualify to be a member of the 100% club here, but the small allowances I make for myself (mostly in the form of the odd SF jello cup) have kept me sane and from totally derailing! I've been using MFP to track my calories and carbs, which i think is a good habit to establish for myself even though we don't technically need to track anything on IP. I also post my menu plan for the day in the "What are you eating" thread.

Anyhoo, hope y'all don't mind me joining the thread!

JLUS 04-21-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelflife (Post 4989022)
Figured I'd jump in and join you guys! I started IP on April 12, and lost 6.1lbs in the first week. I would not qualify to be a member of the 100% club here, but the small allowances I make for myself (mostly in the form of the odd SF jello cup) have kept me sane and from totally derailing! I've been using MFP to track my calories and carbs, which i think is a good habit to establish for myself even though we don't technically need to track anything on IP. I also post my menu plan for the day in the "What are you eating" thread.

For the SF jello, be sure to look for Hunts Snack Pack ones... No Aspartame!

emmy55 04-22-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelflife (Post 4989022)

Fantastic weight loss!! Keep it up. My coach allows sf jello. I use MFP and track everything also.

emmy55 04-22-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hope2781 (Post 4988746)
For me week 1 = 7 lbs week 2 = 0 and awaiting the scale to go down on week 3

For me weeks 1 and 2 were both over 5 lbs and then week 3 like only half a pound. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

NaeNae2113 04-22-2014 02:09 PM

Hi Everyone Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing today!!
I am doing really well. I went out to eat for the first time since being on this plan. I did so good, ordered a chicken salad without the carrots croutons and cheese that came with it. Also a veggie tray that included celery sticks and green bell peppers to make sure I got all my veggies in. I brought along my own salad dressing that I made from home. This is big victory since this is my favorite restaurant and I love so many of their fattening dishes!!
:carrot:

cooluu 04-22-2014 09:55 PM

Doing good! I just got home from working in the concession stand at my boy's game and wasn't even tempted by everything I was serving. Came home and made a veggie omelet now catching up on the Voice.

cheers2014 04-22-2014 11:51 PM

Faithfully finished week 2 and was successful with a 3 pound loss for a total of 13. I'm feeling great and its getting easier... here's to a another great week

cooluu 04-23-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheers2014 (Post 4989805)
Faithfully finished week 2 and was successful with a 3 pound loss for a total of 13. I'm feeling great and its getting easier... here's to a another great week

That's awesome! I'm on my third week too and I agree it is getting easier.

shelflife 04-23-2014 03:43 PM

:censored:

I just had a sudden and complete lapse in willpower that ended in a fried chicken waffle sandwich.
For some reason, my biggest struggle has always been overwhelming temptation when it comes to restaurant food. I want to try *everything*. SO I've been avoiding restaurants, or only going when I know the menu and have a clear plan that is on plan.

Well, I was feeling myself getting a little to excited about the smell of some cupcakes that were brought onto the ward, so I went for a walk outside the hospital. Of course there was a food truck there. I made it halfway through the sandwich before coming to my senses and tossing it.

Where is my willpower? It seems to be hiding somewhere!!

SophieLT 04-23-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelflife (Post 4990263)
:censored:

I just had a sudden and complete lapse in willpower that ended in a fried chicken waffle sandwich.
For some reason, my biggest struggle has always been overwhelming temptation when it comes to restaurant food. I want to try *everything*. SO I've been avoiding restaurants, or only going when I know the menu and have a clear plan that is on plan.

Well, I was feeling myself getting a little to excited about the smell of some cupcakes that were brought onto the ward, so I went for a walk outside the hospital. Of course there was a food truck there. I made it halfway through the sandwich before coming to my senses and tossing it.

Where is my willpower? It seems to be hiding somewhere!!

So glad that you got back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it. I remember a quote that says, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.