3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   April Fantastic Loosers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294487-april-fantastic-loosers.html)

AlaskaLadyie 04-06-2014 12:30 AM

April Fantastic Loosers
 
I started IP the 31st of March so Thought a Thread for first part of April might be fun....... I have dieted alot done every diet imaginable..
Please join me in this skinny quest

JLUS 04-06-2014 07:24 AM

Hi,

I added a post under the Day Two Looking for a Buddy in response to your post there!

IPCali 04-07-2014 12:49 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the thread. I started on March 18th so I am on about day 19. I think I lost about 14 lbs so far!

I have also dieted a lot and done every diet imaginable.

The easiness factor for me on Ideal Protein is a 'ten'. :dance:

On every other diet, the easiness factor for me is about a 'zero' on all of the other diets... just failure... and failure in the first week!

I think IP is a God send!

kbaggy 04-07-2014 01:46 AM

I am on Day 2. My husband & I started April 4th. We are having a hard time leaving sugar behind. Focusing on the next 7 weeks!

AlaskaLadyie 04-07-2014 01:56 AM

I had a rough day yesterday ..... I was hungry all day.... BUT had a Whoosh and the scale was down 3# this morning..............YAHOO I am happy
I have lost 8# and this was day 6
I am reading the Book Fit for Life and it is so helpful to explain about why I have such a huge appetite and what to do about it
I have searched for 50 years to an answer for that Huge appetite I have I hope I can take the advice in this book and get to my goal and stay there
That will be my Glory.............Thanks for joining me my Friends

lisa32989 04-07-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4978470)
There are just a couple threads that were started sometime ago based on what month someone started... But that is not really the way the site operates. I suggest you jump right in he Daily Chat, where most everyone checks in and posts. The first thread of the day is RICH with helpful links that newbies will want to read carefully.

Also, in that thread as with most others, you will get a helpful balance of viewpoints from new starters and seasoned IPers alike. I think it is important to learn from those who have been on the journey and have the most experience from which to earn. You will also be able to connect with people just starting out which can also be helpful comparing notes with someone in a similar point of IP as you are.

Also READ READ READ everything you can on here and you will learn far more than a coach will ever tell you!

Hungry - did your coach tell you you could have an extra non-restricted packet in the first weeks? And - over 200 lbs is an automatic fourth packet until you get under. Also, you can have unlimited lettuce (anything with the word lettuce... Iceberg, romain, Bibb, etc) add your daily olive oil and cider vinegar or some Walden Farms dressing. Try scrambling an egg white or two with spices. Save a half cup of veggies to use as a snack (pickles do well to halt hunger). Drink hot teas or fat free broth to curb hunger. Also be sure to weigh ALL veg and meat RAW... Eyeballing it can shortchange the amount you are eating (or give you too much).

Headache - are you adding your salt? You need it every day because you do not get enough on IP with what you are eating. For the headache, lick salt right off your hand to help the headache!

The first 4-5 days are usually rough as you are also withdrawing from your usual carb in take and entering Ketosis, which, by the way, often curbs hunger! Yay!

HANG IN THERE and join us by posting your questions in any existing thread that fits your topic.

Thought I'd repost this response from another thread b/c it was right on point

kbaggy 04-07-2014 03:02 AM

Thanks for the post! Any encouragement is much appreciated at this point! Congratulations at almost GOAL!

AlaskaLadyie 04-07-2014 02:35 PM

Thanks for the post Lisa............ I found the Daily thread talking too much about getting to goal and folks talking about going back to eating regular food...........
I found it very helpful when I was doing the hCG diet to find a group who started about he same time as I did and we were all in about the same place and encouraged each other and it was very uplifting to all be in about the same place even though we all had different amount of # we wanted to loose.
I saw a thread for October starters so figured a April Thread might be helpful
Thank you

AlaskaLadyie 04-07-2014 02:44 PM

I am sure for me this is the hardest diet for being hungry..........
I drink between 120 to 200 oz of water each day and take my salt but OH MY I am having a rough time with hunger issues

texaschick0925 04-07-2014 02:44 PM

I started IP on February 5, and am down 37 lbs......this program works if you follow it right! Best of luck to everyone!!

AlaskaLadyie 04-07-2014 02:47 PM

Texas Chick ... Thank you that is encouraging......... all encouragement is soooooo helpful.... Did u deal with hunger issues.... A friend here at work is dealing with not being even hungry enough to be able to eat her required vegetables and I am eating tons of Lettuce...
If u dealt with hunger issues what did u find as a solution??????//

kaylynt 04-07-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaschick0925 (Post 4979508)
I started IP on February 5, and am down 37 lbs......this program works if you follow it right! Best of luck to everyone!!

What do you mean by "right"? Do you prefectly to a T? Just curious? Cause whatever you are doing it working. Thats averaging 4.5 pounds a week...whats your secret? 100 % no cheating?

Do you use restricteds?

texaschick0925 04-07-2014 03:09 PM

I have been on plan for 45 days and have lost 37 lbs!!!!! Here's to another 40!!!

AlaskaLadyie 04-07-2014 07:59 PM

Darn I went to 2 different stores on my lunch to get Walden Farms 1000 Island dressing and neither one had any... Got a bottle of Ranch and Blue Cheese but I like the 1000 Island the Best... Feel a bit better in the hunger department since I had lunch..

AlaskaLadyie 04-07-2014 08:01 PM

[/B]
Quote:

Originally Posted by texaschick0925 (Post 4979543)
I have been on plan for 45 days and have lost 37 lbs!!!!! Here's to another 40!!!

TexasChick Would u mind sharing a daily menu or 2 of what you eat ????? and do you do any exercise or are u a pretty active person???

lisa32989 04-07-2014 08:13 PM

The What are You Eating thread has lots of great ideas for menus

AlaskaLadyie 04-08-2014 01:56 PM

Good Morning April losers... I sure do feel better today as far as hunger it is not all gone but so far today I do not feel starving like I have...
I have lost 8# this past week my 1st week so real happy about that..
Happy Tuesday my April Freinds

AlaskanRN 04-08-2014 05:13 PM

:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie (Post 4980340)
Good Morning April losers... I sure do feel better today as far as hunger it is not all gone but so far today I do not feel starving like I have...
I have lost 8# this past week my 1st week so real happy about that..
Happy Tuesday my April Freinds

Hey there fellow Alaskan! :)

I too am struggling with being really hungry! I haven't tried eating extra lettuce, just taking an extra drink packet so I don't starve to death. Im completely exhausted and feel like my blood sugar is incredibly low, Im hot, sweaty, shaky.

Im really hoping this will pass, Im obviously not in ketosis yet, I thought a week in I would be. Thank you for starting this April thread! Its snowing in Anchorage and ugly and gray.

ChipnDip 04-08-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskanRN (Post 4980472)
:(

Hey there fellow Alaskan! :)

I too am struggling with being really hungry! I haven't tried eating extra lettuce, just taking an extra drink packet so I don't starve to death. Im completely exhausted and feel like my blood sugar is incredibly low, Im hot, sweaty, shaky.

Im really hoping this will pass, Im obviously not in ketosis yet, I thought a week in I would be. Thank you for starting this April thread! Its snowing in Anchorage and ugly and gray.

Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I started in February and like that this thread is geared more towards newbies. Even 30 pounds down I still feel pretty new.

AlaskaLadyie 04-08-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskanRN (Post 4980472)
:(

Hey there fellow Alaskan! :)

I too am struggling with being really hungry! I haven't tried eating extra lettuce, just taking an extra drink packet so I don't starve to death. Im completely exhausted and feel like my blood sugar is incredibly low, Im hot, sweaty, shaky.

Im really hoping this will pass, Im obviously not in ketosis yet, I thought a week in I would be. Thank you for starting this April thread! Its snowing in Anchorage and ugly and gray.

I Hear ya AlaskanRN... It has snowed here for the past 2 days just after I got the Hardpack on my Driveway removed on Sat Evening..I was so READY For Spring... I am trying an experiment today... I was eating IP oatmeal for breakfast and an Ideal Protein at 11 cause I do not go to lunch till 2 as I work till 6 so it is usually 7 before I get supper cooked.. Today I had the IP oatmeal for Breakfast but decided to have some lettuce and about 3 oz of chicken at 11 instead of an Sweet IP food Packet cause yesterday I caved and had some Chicken I had brought with me at about 330 and after that I felt so much better... So maybe for me I need real food meals 2 times per day Cause today I feel a whole lot better Sorta holding my breath that things stay this way .. thank you for joining the April thread... The other advantage is we are on the same time Zone :)

AlaskanRN 04-08-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4980488)
Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I started in February and like that this thread is geared more towards newbies. Even 30 pounds down I still feel pretty new.

No I haven't been overly active at all this past week, I haven't been able to do anything, no energy. For veggies I eat bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions, and zucchini, same mix of veggies everyday twice a day, 4 cups, I always measure it out. I don't buy the ketostix but as gross as this sounds, I can tell when Im in ketosis by the odor of my urine and mine still smells like normal urine smell, ha Im a nurse so sniffing doesn't bother me :)

emmy55 04-08-2014 07:39 PM

Hi all. I started March 24 so today is day 16. Down 11.5 lbs at weigh in today.
I have not been too hungry = just craving sweets the first week. when I do feel hungry I drink more water and that helps. I eat at least 2 cups of baby romaine lettuce at lunch and dinner with WF dressings. Then for lunch I make a soup and add 2 c steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or fresh spinach to either the soup or lettuce. I probably get 12 - 14 glasses of water a day which my coach says makes a lot of difference. Love the pudding for after dinner snack. sometimes I put in freezer to sort of make ice cream. Can you all have Splenda? That is the hardest for me - supposed to cut back to 5 packets a day. And I love my coffee in morning and hot peppermint tea at night.

AlaskaLadyie 04-08-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmy55 (Post 4980576)
Hi all. I started March 24 so today is day 16. Down 11.5 lbs at weigh in today.
I have not been too hungry = just craving sweets the first week. when I do feel hungry I drink more water and that helps. I eat at least 2 cups of baby romaine lettuce at lunch and dinner with WF dressings. Then for lunch I make a soup and add 2 c steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or fresh spinach to either the soup or lettuce. I probably get 12 - 14 glasses of water a day which my coach says makes a lot of difference. Love the pudding for after dinner snack. sometimes I put in freezer to sort of make ice cream. Can you all have Splenda? That is the hardest for me - supposed to cut back to 5 packets a day. And I love my coffee in morning and hot peppermint tea at night.

Welcome emmy55... glad u joined us... I use Sweetleaf Stevia sweetener and Xyortal But I am not positive Xyortal is legal or how ever it is spelled I am a horrible speller.. I sometimes chew gum to help with the Sweet cravings and I have heard that there is a legal gum but I searched the store today on my lunch and can not find any that DO NOT have aspartame in them

AlaskaLadyie 04-08-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4980488)
Are you overly active? What veggies are you eating? Are you spacing things out? I know the first week you may need the extra pack. Be sure you are drinking your water, getting your salt and supplements. I wouldn't believe I was in ketosis until I peed on the ketostix but others will tell you not to bother. You mentioned it has been a week. Will you be seeing a coach soon?

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I started in February and like that this thread is geared more towards newbies. Even 30 pounds down I still feel pretty new.

ChipnDip... Is just great you joined us and chimed in... the more the merrier and u got a few more days of experience that the rest of us ..I too have found the extra salt crazy as it sounds soooo helps me in the hunger department... I did get some Ketostix on my lunch today... I am just courious to see how they read and I will probably write the # or Shade down in my fitness pal info to see if I see any sort of pattern Thank you for your questions and input

texaschick0925 04-09-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie (Post 4979516)
Texas Chick ... Thank you that is encouraging......... all encouragement is soooooo helpful.... Did u deal with hunger issues.... A friend here at work is dealing with not being even hungry enough to be able to eat her required vegetables and I am eating tons of Lettuce...
If u dealt with hunger issues what did u find as a solution??????//

I did deal with hunger issues in the beginning but after the first week they went away, now they are just here and there. It takes me forever to eat my dinner meal because there just seems to be so much food. I think I've been successful because I drink more than the amount of water we are supposed to have a day (around 100 ounces usually). I also only use two splenda's a day with my morning coffee. If I have any other sweetners, it is usually in sugar free candy. I do not have these every day.....but if I am craving something then I will grab a sugar-free lemon drop or a sugar-free jolly rancher (hard candy). I was never a chocolate candy lover, not that I didn't eat it all the time......but fruity candy was always my weakness. A serving size of both is about 4-5 pieces, so eating one or two a day has not affected my weight loss at all. It does help me stay on plan though. I am also finding if I get a craving or get hungry I come to this site and read everyone's posts (I'm still trying to get the hang of it!) and then I'm satisfied!

texaschick0925 04-09-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylynt (Post 4979535)
What do you mean by "right"? Do you prefectly to a T? Just curious? Cause whatever you are doing it working. Thats averaging 4.5 pounds a week...whats your secret? 100 % no cheating?

Do you use restricteds?

The only thing I don't do to a T is I use sugar free candy every now and then (see previous response). You have to eat everything and don't skip a meal or a snack. Take your vitamins too! Make sure you drink your water and if you can take in extra water.

Ruth Ann 04-09-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaschick0925 (Post 4981026)
The only thing I don't do to a T is I use sugar free candy every now and then (see previous response). You have to eat everything and don't skip a meal or a snack. Take your vitamins too! Make sure you drink your water and if you can take in extra water.

Those sugar free Jolly Ranchers have 4 carbs each in them. Those extra carbs can add up fast.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/br...dy.aspx?cat=sn

Anything not on the P1 sheet should be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar

texaschick0925 04-09-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie (Post 4979700)
[/B]

TexasChick Would u mind sharing a daily menu or 2 of what you eat ????? and do you do any exercise or are u a pretty active person???

The only exercise that I do is walk our dog for about 25-30 min 4-5 times a week. I just started this about 3-4 weeks ago, so I don't think it has helped/hurt the weight loss.

Bfast - 2 cups of coffee w/EAS Advantedge Shake (cafe caramel or french vanilla) 2 splendas
Lunch - IP (usually restricted chips or bars) food with 2 cups of veggies
Snack (either before or after dinner) - EAS Advantedge Shake (usually dark chocolate or chocolate fudge)
Dinner - 8 oz protein (pork chop, grilled chicken breast, pork and venison sausage, grilled sirloin, fish, etc.)

I usually cook my vegetables in olive oil and use the IP salt. There are a couple of days where I forget the olive oil. But it hasn't affected me much.

I will be honest and I occasionally have 1-2 pieces of sugar free candy (lemon drops and jolly ranchers) just to break it up a little. It's not on plan, but sometimes it just can't be helped when everyone else for instance is eating Easter candy, so I figure it's okay!

Hope this helps!! This program has really suprised me, but it definetly works if you stick to it. I haven't binged on anything horrible in almost 10 weeks and haven't wanted too!!! That's a first for me on any diet!

GOOD LUCK!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

texaschick0925 04-09-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4981033)
Those sugar free Jolly Ranchers have 4 carbs each in them. Those extra carbs can add up fast.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/br...dy.aspx?cat=sn

Anything not on the P1 sheet should be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar

I have almost a whole bag of them in my car....here lately I've just been using the lemon drops. They have about the same....but I don't do it everyday. Not saying I recommend using them, it's just what has kept me on the right track. Thanks for the info though!! For sure if I see a stall in weight loss then I will stop using them.

Ruth Ann 04-09-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaschick0925 (Post 4981042)
I have almost a whole bag of them in my car....here lately I've just been using the lemon drops. They have about the same....but I don't do it everyday. Not saying I recommend using them, it's just what has kept me on the right track. Thanks for the info though!! For sure if I see a stall in weight loss then I will stop using them.

If you need to use something, my coach recommended these:

http://www.icechipscandy.com/

I am very careful with them because some flavors set off cravings, but they are really good.

texaschick0925 04-09-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4981043)
If you need to use something, my coach recommended these:

http://www.icechipscandy.com/

I am very careful with them because some flavors set off cravings, but they are really good.

Awesome! Thanks.....looks like they sell thim in Austin, will have to look into them more!! ;)

AlaskaLadyie 04-09-2014 02:56 PM

Thanks so much Texas Chick... I find the salt really helps me.... I feel ok today finally a week and 1/2 into this...I use the EAS Advantage in my coffee too but have been only letting my self have that on Wed and Sunday the days I am at home from my In town job... I have tried lifting weights but one day it caused a gain probably muscle retention of water so I decided to wait a couple of weeks and then try a shortened version of my weight lifting work out ...I am holding my breath today that this satisfied feeling continues... Now I just gotta find something to keep me busy :)

cschmandt 04-09-2014 03:30 PM

Good Afternoon All!!

I started IP on March 15th and I am on day 26 today. At my weigh in this week I am down a total of 17 pounds and 13.25 inches.

I have been OP and have been blessed that I have not cheated. That is an awesome feeling!!

Today's Menu:
B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake
S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: IP Beef Pasta Soup and salad
S: IP Lemon Chiffon Pudding
D: Big Mac in a Bowl

I drink 5 liters of water daily.

I have found some awesome recipes on:
http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

booklover811 04-09-2014 08:28 PM

I'm on day 19. It gets just a little bit easier each day and people are starting to notice a difference. Hearing their compliments helps keep me going. Good luck!!

JLUS 04-09-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmandt (Post 4981103)
Good Afternoon All!!

I started IP on March 15th and I am on day 26 today. At my weigh in this week I am down a total of 17 pounds and 13.25 inches.

I have been OP and have been blessed that I have not cheated. That is an awesome feeling!!

Today's Menu:
B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake
S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: IP Beef Pasta Soup and salad
S: IP Lemon Chiffon Pudding
D: Big Mac in a Bowl

I drink 5 liters of water daily.

I have found some awesome recipes on:
http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

Just curious, is your coach suggesting four packets per day? That is quite unusual unless you are over 200 pounds or in your first week or two (neither of which you are). I just ask and add my comment because other newbies may wonder and it is outside the norm for IP.

Also just clarifying (for everyone) that your salad includes 2 cups veggies in addition to lettuce and that you are adding 2 cups veggies to you Big Mac Bowl (I usually have to supplement mine since I can not eat 2 cups of pickles and onions as my veggie serving! But maybe that's just me.)

Congrats on your successes! :carrot:

emmy55 04-09-2014 08:57 PM

Ruth Ann - Thanks! Just ordered some Ice Chips candy.

Ruth Ann 04-09-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmy55 (Post 4981277)
Ruth Ann - Thanks! Just ordered some Ice Chips candy.

You're quite welcome!

ChipnDip 04-09-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie (Post 4980587)
Welcome emmy55... glad u joined us... I use Sweetleaf Stevia sweetener and Xyortal But I am not positive Xyortal is legal or how ever it is spelled I am a horrible speller.. I sometimes chew gum to help with the Sweet cravings and I have heard that there is a legal gum but I searched the store today on my lunch and can not find any that DO NOT have aspartame in them

Look for Spry gum. Sweetened with xylitol. It is IP approved for occasional use. Pur gum has no aspartame but has a bit more calories.

AlaskaLadyie 04-10-2014 01:51 AM

Wow I was really busy today............ Miss my IP Peeps....I was so busy I know I did not drink enough water today.. Hers to tomorrow being a better day.. I am going to check our local Heath food store for the for the Spry gum and night just order some of those Ice Chips too .. Next Payday he he.........Catch you tomorrow my IP freinds

cschmandt 04-10-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4981267)
Just curious, is your coach suggesting four packets per day? That is quite unusual unless you are over 200 pounds or in your first week or two (neither of which you are). I just ask and add my comment because other newbies may wonder and it is outside the norm for IP.

Also just clarifying (for everyone) that your salad includes 2 cups veggies in addition to lettuce and that you are adding 2 cups veggies to you Big Mac Bowl (I usually have to supplement mine since I can not eat 2 cups of pickles and onions as my veggie serving! But maybe that's just me.)

Congrats on your successes! :carrot:

Hi JLUS:

To clarify, the IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar is a restricted item that was added into my items, this week. I think that this is common in the IP program that everyone gets a restricted item per day after their 3rd weigh in. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

I do have veggies included in my salad at lunch. The Big Mac in a Bowl calls for lettuce, pickles and onion along with WF Thousand Island dressing.

This is my menu for today:

B: IP Chocolate Chip Pancake, WF Syrup
S: IP Cinnamon Raisin Bar
L: IP Chicken Pasta Soup and Salad (with veggies)
S: IP NewYork Cheesecake Pudding
D: Southwestern Style Tilapia and Asparagus

Water: 5 liters

Happy Thursday All!!! :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.