Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Happy hump day! I'm happy to say I'll be starting IP this week. Picking up my starter food kit today or tomorrow.

I know it's probably different for every person and their schedules, but I'm curious, have any of you experienced more success weighing in on a certain day of the week? Not that weighing in on a Monday vs. a Wednesday will result in a lower number on the scale, but I'm thinking more about powering through "temptation" days.

Being a chronic self sabotager, I seriously used to weigh in on Fridays when I was in weight watchers thinking that I could cheat all weekend and then make up for it during the week days. That's ridiculous of course (and why I'm here now), but I'm thinking of making Mondays my WI day so I "trick" myself into staying OP over the weekends to see the loss right after. My friend at work who is doing IP weighs on on Fridays so her losses motivate her to push through the weekend and see a loss the next week.

Does anyone else play these mind games with themselves?
Very excited that you're starting! I am sure everyone plays mind games. I usually picked a Monday or Tuesday so that I wouldn't cheat over the weekend...but that never seemed to help with the weight loss.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

First WI! Down 7.6!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybee123 View Post
First WI! Down 7.6!
Yea!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Happy hump day! I'm happy to say I'll be starting IP this week. Picking up my starter food kit today or tomorrow.

I know it's probably different for every person and their schedules, but I'm curious, have any of you experienced more success weighing in on a certain day of the week? Not that weighing in on a Monday vs. a Wednesday will result in a lower number on the scale, but I'm thinking more about powering through "temptation" days.

Being a chronic self sabotager, I seriously used to weigh in on Fridays when I was in weight watchers thinking that I could cheat all weekend and then make up for it during the week days. That's ridiculous of course (and why I'm here now), but I'm thinking of making Mondays my WI day so I "trick" myself into staying OP over the weekends to see the loss right after. My friend at work who is doing IP weighs on on Fridays so her losses motivate her to push through the weekend and see a loss the next week.

Does anyone else play these mind games with themselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
My lowest day is always always always Thursday. Don't know why, just is. So I weigh in on Friday at the clinic and just have to deal with a higher number.
I've noticed that I seem to stay the same Mon-Thur. Then Fri-Sun I get a whoosh. It's been that way for the last 3 weeks. WI's are on Sat. so I get the benefit of the whoosh then.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Hi!

-Did IP back in 2010/2011 & lost 47lbs
-Lost another 55lbs after IP
-Gained 32lbs back

This is my second week restarting Phase 1.

I am excited to be back - this forum is soooooo helpful!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #51  
Started March '14

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Height: 5'5

Default Lack of H20

Ugh...Yesterday I didn't get but 1 liter of water in and I missed my lunch then had lunch and snack together I was at the hospital all morning for my son who had a lumber puncture then some complications then his chemo treatments got home and he was sick all day thus loads of laundry, care etc... Just couldn't get any in until the eve... I haven't cheated all week but today I feel sooo heavy im sure it effected me...Anyone have any knowledge if because I ate lunch and snack together it will take me out of ketosis...I know the lack of water was bad...but im back on it today... im just a lil worried cause tomorrow is weigh in.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #52  
Started March '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Hi!

-Did IP back in 2010/2011 & lost 47lbs
-Lost another 55lbs after IP
-Gained 32lbs back

This is my second week restarting Phase 1.

I am excited to be back - this forum is soooooo helpful!!
Welcome back Elle12
Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #53  
Started March '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybee123 View Post
First WI! Down 7.6!
You Rocked it! Congrats Great Loss
Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 350/284/185

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
I don't post often but just had to share that this morning was my 6 week weigh in and I hit wonderland!!!!

Congratulations!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #55  

SylviesGirl: the first thing my DH noticed in my WL journey was my ability to take stairs quicker and keep up with him while walking.

65X65 (and everyone else talking small appliances)
I love my vitamix. I blend cold decaf with a pudding packet in the shaker & then add to spinach and ice in the vitamix. This makes a HUGE shake.
I drink part before I leave the house and the rest mid-morning.

It fills almost two 24 oz Tervis tumblers! HUGE.
Vitamix is definitely the tool for that job

My next-most frequently used gadgets are my stick blender and my magic bullet (I'd actually prefer nutribullet but we have the smaller one)

And...I LOVE my KitchenAid stand mixer. QVC had them on special a couple days ago with free shipping and TONS of colors. I've had my white one for several years. I bought it "like new" on ebay. It looked like it was someone's wedding gift they never used. It really was new w/ open box.

Those are my most-used appliances.

My stick blender is used so frequently I never put it away nor do I put the mix head in the dishwasher (unless it is time to run the DW). I need it too much!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 350/284/185

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hey all. Still here and maintaining but thought I would stop in and say hello to everyone and congrats on all the continued success...the maintainers thread can be quiet at times. Its great to see everyone doing so well and staying strong. IP is awesome!

Just wanted to share a few things. My Mom and her friend were in town over the weekend and I was really amazed at my mom's eating habits. She has done IP (and lost 30lbs) and for the most part kept it off for over a year (in a 5-8lb range). She never phased off properly and seems to be an all or nothing type of person. The desert consumption was extreme and I really noticed some bad habits coming back (on her end). Given my IP journey has been different (thanks in large part to the support on here) I felt as if I was really able to sit back and observe.

In addition, my mom is a HEAVY smoker and was constantly lighting up while in town. Observing the food and smoking combined stopped me in my tracks. My husband and I were smokers and decided Sunday that enough was enough. We are done! Today is day three and just like IP, we are making healthy moves to a better future.

Am I concerned about the weight gain...yes and no. No because I have the tools and I am not afraid to use them. Yes because people make such a big deal about it...as if its completely and utterly unavoidable no matter what you do.

Anyhow, I guess the point I am making is that for over a year and a half, I have been working on me (losing weight, increasing fitness, etc). Now is another healthy chapter of quitting smoking and its time. I love my Mom, she is my very best friend and a beautiful person inside and out BUT I don't want to continue these battles past 30.
Congratulations on making a fabulous decision to quit smoking! That's wonderful! May you continue to move forward in your journey to improved health in all aspects of life.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe View Post
Ugh...Yesterday I didn't get but 1 liter of water in and I missed my lunch then had lunch and snack together I was at the hospital all morning for my son who had a lumber puncture then some complications then his chemo treatments got home and he was sick all day thus loads of laundry, care etc... Just couldn't get any in until the eve... I haven't cheated all week but today I feel sooo heavy im sure it effected me...Anyone have any knowledge if because I ate lunch and snack together it will take me out of ketosis...I know the lack of water was bad...but im back on it today... im just a lil worried cause tomorrow is weigh in.

islandgirlwannabe, please go easy on yourself. Sounds like you have a tremendous amount on your plate right now, so I give you huge amounts of credit for trying to stay OP while going through a difficult time.

While neither the water nor snack situation is ideal, it will not have an enormous impact on your success. Please take this one thing off your mind and rest easy.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

scale moved at weigh in! AMEN!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #59  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe View Post
You have a lot going on and (((hugs))) for that. My advice would be to just keep facing forward. Try to drink extra water today. Try to get back to 100% compliance today. All you can do is your best. There's no going back. In the long run, you didn't do any damage. I don't even think you affected your ketosis. You just haven't helped yourself feel great today is all. Drink your water and congratulate on doing your best with a tough situation.

And prayers for your son.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
SylviesGirl: the first thing my DH noticed in my WL journey was my ability to take stairs quicker and keep up with him while walking.

65X65 (and everyone else talking small appliances)
I love my vitamix. I blend cold decaf with a pudding packet in the shaker & then add to spinach and ice in the vitamix. This makes a HUGE shake.
I drink part before I leave the house and the rest mid-morning.

It fills almost two 24 oz Tervis tumblers! HUGE.
Vitamix is definitely the tool for that job

My next-most frequently used gadgets are my stick blender and my magic bullet (I'd actually prefer nutribullet but we have the smaller one)

And...I LOVE my KitchenAid stand mixer. QVC had them on special a couple days ago with free shipping and TONS of colors. I've had my white one for several years. I bought it "like new" on ebay. It looked like it was someone's wedding gift they never used. It really was new w/ open box.

Those are my most-used appliances.

My stick blender is used so frequently I never put it away nor do I put the mix head in the dishwasher (unless it is time to run the DW). I need it too much!
Lisa...Yes-yes...I love my KA stand mixer too! (Love the attachments esp meat grinder!! WHOA...it's amazing)......my sister said "yours is on Steroids" ...we did a mass blitz a few years back making cookie favors for my daughter's wedding.Two of my 4 sisters drove 500 miles packing THEIR smaller but mighty KA stand mixers and dozens of cookie sheets...and we had 3 of those suckers......(no lie) going at once! My husband, bless him, took the teenagers all to Philadelphia by himself and did old city and the historical stuff from 8 AM until dark!...

But it was a hoot seeing 3 of those stand mixers side by side wrhrring away! Which immersion mixer/blender do you have? Is it a cordless one? Been eyeballing those too. It's a bit overwhelming...trying to replace most of this all at once. There are so many choices. Yesterday I packed up old blender, crockpot and cuisinart mini prep for good will...now to figure out the right bullet..and immersion utensil.

BTW...We bought the Cuisinart griddler elite last fall...it has a set of reversible plates...flat side and grill side. It can operate like a press or open flat and cook on 2 surfaces for pancakes (if you make those) eggs..bacon etc. Has a sear function which we use most of the time, and does tuna (rare) and scallops in 2 minutes...and NO SMOKE in the house.

The plates go in the DW to clean. GOOOD appliance for this way of eating. Cooks chicken and chops quickly as well..and we tried a steak this way when we had 19" of new snow on the ground and the state was in emergency only shut down on driving! The steak was not bad...and we are not fans of indoor cooking for steaks!

Love to hear what other appliances people love and use a lot to make this easier..

Last edited by 65X65; 04-02-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Closed Thread