Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #61  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybee123 View Post
First WI! Down 7.6!
Congrats! Doesn't that kind of weight loss make you want to keep on keepin' on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Hi!

-Did IP back in 2010/2011 & lost 47lbs
-Lost another 55lbs after IP
-Gained 32lbs back

This is my second week restarting Phase 1.

I am excited to be back - this forum is soooooo helpful!!
Welcome back elle12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
scale moved at weigh in! AMEN!
AMEN!!

soooo....I don't think there is a delicate way of asking so here goes.....how do you determine your new chonie (underware) size? I've only gone up, not down. LOL Would you all suggest just go down a size? They are getting lose and I have to pull them up with my pants. The sooner I can buy some new ones the sooner mankind is safe from the potential of a full moon.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Oooh, that is intriguing! I never knew there was anything like that. It sounds perfect! Thanks! I love cold coffee drinks!
This does sound good...and eventually it will get warm enough to enjoy iced SOMETHING around here...
Old 04-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #63  

Quote:
Good to know! What kind of consistency do you get? I want to achieve that "chewy/crunchy" consistency of a McDonald's frappe. Do you know what I mean by that? Teeny, tiny ice crystals; they kind of crunch if you chew it? I find that I crave that consistency more than even the flavor.
you all are convincing me this is the right small appliance...does it chop?
Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
you all are convincing me this is the right small appliance...does it chop?
it has 2 blade options, I only use the blending one. I did chop some almonds with the other attachment before IP. It's called the milling blade. The milling blade is ideal for milling grains, chopping fresh herbs and chopping nuts.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #65  

Quote:
65x65 -- Congrats on 8 months at goal!! And more congrats on 1 year exercising! It must feel like a whole new life to you. I know I feel that way, and I still have a lot to get established for it to feel real. You are a great role model. Thanks for that.

Now, onto this coffee bit . . . I had no idea you could do this! Are you saying that I could bring in my Pure Protein shake, order a latte' and ask them to use my shake for the milk component? Correct me if I have that wrong, because otherwise I will be trying this out soon. I really do miss being "mobile." Meaning, I miss being able to go sit in a Starbucks or a Panera on occasion or swing through to get a coffee on my way somewhere, etc. I don't do black coffee -- I like to make my coffee an occasion all in itself and have been doing that with a bit of my shake for creamer along with WF chocolate syrup. (I used the remainder of the shake for my breakfast, so no extra intake there, and, if I have any more thereafter, I use the remainder of that shake for my evening snack, so, again, nothing extra consumed.)

The home foamer sounds even more intriguing, but I will hold off on that to see how much coffee goes down in summer. I seem to be a fair-weather/cold-weather fan of coffee. The magic bullet is next on my list to acquire as those McD's frappe's speak to me. I do miss them. I love the "chew" to them, the icy crystals . . . hoping to achieve that with the same coffee/shake mixture (maybe a bit heavier on the shake) for a summertime breakfast.

When I first started on IP, I was so down on myself, I could not see "treating myself" to any kitchen appliance or anything to simply make my life easier. Funny thing what some self-discipline and, oh -100 lbs, can do for your self-esteem. Now, if it helps me stay OP, it is worth it. I am worth it. (Also, I think of all the $$$ saved on not eating out and not buying junk, and I bet I'm still coming out ahead!) Heck, we took my son out for a good report card the other night. He chose Cheesecake Factory. I ordered off the Skinnylicious menu and still had them hold the sauce, potatoes, and croutons, and had coffee while they had cheesecake. With the $8 I saved on the cheesecake, I treated myself to a new top (size S, no less) at Gap (on clearance, so it really was $8. Such a deal!) If you're OP, you win even when you lose!
This is EXACTLY what I do! They charge me between $$2-2.50 (depending on who's at the register)... Telling you friend...this is something I wish I knew about or had thought of when I was on P1....!! I keep one in the car now...and one in my gym bag..."just in case"

I got this one at Williams Sonoma:
http://www.nespresso-us.com/machines/aeroccino-plus/

It warms but doesn't steam or heat to "hot"..so I zap in the microwave. It is immersible for cleaning and also...looks good and is small on the counter.

LOVE IT...will add ice and cold RTD drinks in the summer to make an iced latte. Also...just bet pudding will come out smooth in this...very easy to clean up compared to a blender.

And yes..you are worth it...that is what i realized when i started spring cleaning...out with the old...in with the new...to fit the new me !!

Last edited by 65X65; 04-02-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #66  

65x65
I have a Cuisinart stick blender. Not cordless.
Those batteries eventually die.
It works FANTASTIC for me.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
soooo....I don't think there is a delicate way of asking so here goes.....how do you determine your new chonie (underware) size? I've only gone up, not down. LOL Would you all suggest just go down a size? They are getting lose and I have to pull them up with my pants. The sooner I can buy some new ones the sooner mankind is safe from the potential of a full moon.
Well, it depends on how much weight you've lost, I guess. I went down 1 size, then another.
You might just want to buy one pair and see how it goes before investing.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #68  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Today was WI for me and I lost another 2.4 pounds. I can't believe I am 2 pounds away from my original goal.

I took two trips, one in Feb and one in March, and had decided to eat off plan and drink wine during these trips. It has set me back one month. I've been back OP for 3 weeks. I'm not sure I would do it again because I really want this done, but I learned that I can take off the gain pretty easily by going back to P1. It was hard but it works.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #69  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Second Weigh-in Results:

-5.5 lbs and almost 10 inches

-1" chest
-1" each arm
-3" waist
-2.75" hips
-1" each thigh

I'm impressed by the inches lost. I definitely noticed it in my clothes.

Hoping and wanting week 2 to go just as well!

Last edited by kaylynt; 04-02-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #70  

Height: 5'-8"

thanks dak1lls and Ems, I might try this. Did you guys cut back on the mag due to this trick (I believe Ems you were taking Calm at night)?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #71  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylynt View Post
First Weigh-in Results:

-5.5 lbs and almost 10 inches

-1" chest
-1" each arm
-3" waist
-2.75" hips
-1" each thigh

I'm impressed by the inches lost. I definitely noticed it in my clothes.

Hoping and wanting week 2 to go just as well!
Way to go kaylynt!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
thanks dak1lls and Ems, I might try this. Did you guys cut back on the mag due to this trick (I believe Ems you were taking Calm at night)?
haven't cut back on my dose of cal mag from IP but did stop taking CALM. I'm not super regular but at least i'm going now! Before CALM, I could go a solid week without having a BM. Sorry if that's TMI for yall! haha
Old 04-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #73  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
willsea: i have never tried this little trick, but I generally have the opposite of Big C, so have had no need. I actually had to play around with my cal mag doses to address my issues. (cringe) I don't use the IP brand supplements and it was tricky getting the right dose from an alternative supplement, but I finally worked it out.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

Well here I am back after 2 years! I lost 37 pounds(my goal) and now I have gained 30 back I am a walking poster child of--follow through with all Phases!! Don't quit when you reach your goal! I will be looking at this forum everyday since I remember how helpful everyone was on here! Tomorrow is day 1....wish me luck!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
willsea: i have never tried this little trick, but I generally have the opposite of Big C, so have had no need. I actually had to play around with my cal mag doses to address my issues. (cringe) I don't use the IP brand supplements and it was tricky getting the right dose from an alternative supplement, but I finally worked it out.
I was just telling my IP coach today how thankful I am to have 3FC because you can find SO MUCH information in one place! This reminded me of what I said because both of us have had different experiences with one issue and can share it to help others. Seriously. Guess I'm being all sentimental because I'm full of hormones exploding out of my fat. Guess that's good right?!?!?! lol
Closed Thread