3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wednesday IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294148-wednesday-ip-daily-chat.html)

Yayalaine 03-26-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4971152)
Hi sprucegal! 2 lbs a week when you have 20 to lose is excellent! I had more than 100 to lose and my average has been just over 2 lbs a week. It is harder to lose as we age, I'm over 50 and was worried that age would slow me down some but that hasn't seemed to be the case.

Ruth Ann, I really needed to hear these words today. I am over 50 and started IP at 245 a month ago (though hovered around 255-260 in the months before that). Today was extra hard for some reason. I had breezed through the first few weeks without any cravings. But, today, I AM SICK OF VEGGIES AND SALAD. I've had all kinds of negative thoughts about it being too late and I'm too old to succeed at this when I've never succeeded before.... and that even if I do lose, I'll look awful with loose flab... and I wanted to EAT something "good."

I hope that a good night's sleep will help and that tomorrow will have more positive thoughts. Anyway, just wanted to say that you just became my role model!!

Hiker88 03-26-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yayalaine (Post 4971520)
Ruth Ann, I really needed to hear these words today. I am over 50 and started IP at 245 a month ago (though hovered around 255-260 in the months before that). Today was extra hard for some reason. I had breezed through the first few weeks without any cravings. But, today, I AM SICK OF VEGGIES AND SALAD. I've had all kinds of negative thoughts about it being too late and I'm too old to succeed at this when I've never succeeded before.... and that even if I do lose, I'll look awful with loose flab... and I wanted to EAT something "good."

I hope that a good night's sleep will help and that tomorrow will have more positive thoughts. Anyway, just wanted to say that you just became my role model!!

I didn't get tired of the vegis and salads for quite awhile, but I really enjoyed it when I stopped eating the same ones over and over... have you tried the Cauliflower rice??? Its awesome!! I also NEVER ate mushrooms before but simply love sauteing and smothering a huge pile of them on my steak or pork chop!!

When your pants start falling off you'll forget about being sick of vegis!! LOL

KookySuki 03-26-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4971518)
It is linked in the first post of each daily chat. There are all sorts of great links in that first post, including one to each phase protocol sheet!

You shouldn't have to ask for it at weigh-in... Didn't you get it at your initial consultation along with all your program info and first week of food?

Thank you! I knew I'd seen it somewhere on here before, but forgot where. I did get the protocol sheets when I started back in October 2013, but I knew my sheet was outdated. The one on the daily chat is definitely more updated than the one I had. :)

JLUS 03-26-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Hi Yay,

I am 53 and found it easy enough to lose the 40 lbs I was working on with IP...Not nearly as much as RuthAnn or Lisa who (among others on here) are quite amazing! ... but my losses were still pretty good for an old gal!

After the first few weeks it can feel a little tiresome eating the same things every day... That us about when I started looking at the recipe threads and branching out, turning my packets into waffles, muffins, flatbreads, cakes, cookies, making salads into Big Mac or a Taco Bell in a Bowl, .. And changing up my steamed veggies by roasting anything and everything, pureeing them for soups (pureed curried cauliflower soup - yummmm), adding them into muffins, ricing cauliflower for stir fry, and shredding zucchini into spaghetti.

Once you step outside the "plain packet and steamed veggie" box and get creative, you will find an amazing amount of variety to keep meals interesting and to expand your culinary horizon!

Keep on keeping on!

Yayalaine 03-26-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4971524)
I didn't get tired of the vegis and salads for quite awhile, but I really enjoyed it when I stopped eating the same ones over and over... have you tried the Cauliflower rice??? Its awesome!! I also NEVER ate mushrooms before but simply love sauteing and smothering a huge pile of them on my steak or pork chop!!

Actually, I bought pants that were two sizes smaller today!! It did help my feelings somewhat, but I still was feeling sick and tired of the plan. I do love mushrooms and have learned to roast them lately (I am liking the taste of roasted veggies most of all).

I have not tried the cauliflower rice... I will find that recipe and give it a try. I hope it doesn't require any special gadgets to make.

Yayalaine 03-26-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 4971528)
Hi Yay,

I am 53 and found it easy enough to lose the 40 lbs I was working on with IP...Not nearly as much as RuthAnn or Lisa who (among others on here) are quite amazing! ... but my losses were still pretty good for an old gal!

After the first few weeks it can feel a little tiresome eating the same things every day... That us about when I started looking at the recipe threads and branching out, turning my packets into waffles, muffins, flatbreads, cakes, cookies, making salads into Big Mac or a Taco Bell in a Bowl, .. And changing up my steamed veggies by roasting anything and everything, pureeing them for soups (pureed curried cauliflower soup - yummmm), adding them into muffins, ricing cauliflower for stir fry, and shredding zucchini into spaghetti.

Once you step outside the "plain packet and steamed veggie" box and get creative, you will find an amazing amount of variety to keep meals interesting and to expand your culinary horizon!

Keep on keeping on!

Thanks for that encouragement! I'm so glad to hear of others over 50 who have been successful. (I will be 52 in June.) Yes, I have pretty much been sticking with packets and steamed/roasted veggies. I have not tried any of the "recipes." I have been overwhelmed at work and just didn't have the mental energy to tackle one more thing. But, I know it will be worth the effort if it helps me stay on plan.

So far, I have been 100% and have been in some extremely tempting situations that would usually be cheating experiences for me... but, I've stuck to it this far. I just feel like I HAVE to this time.... for my health. When I was younger, I wanted to lose weight so that I would look better. Now, I'm more concerned with feeling better. :)

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

:hug: Some days I feel exactly the same way and just have to power through it! Going to bed early is sometimes the only answer.

I agree with everyone else - start mixing things up and trying new things. Try some new veggies (roasted turnips are awesome!) and check out the recipe threads.

For comfort food when I just want something warm I like to heat up a chocolate pudding in the evening with about twice as much water as usual, add some sugar free hazelnut syrup, blend it and microwave it for about a minute and a half - absolutely wonderful and tastes like a really good hot chocolate.

Hang in there - everyone gets the blahs sometimes but you can do this and come out smaller and healthier on the other side!

Hiker88 03-26-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yayalaine (Post 4971529)
Actually, I bought pants that were two sizes smaller today!! It did help my feelings somewhat, but I still was feeling sick and tired of the plan. I do love mushrooms and have learned to roast them lately (I am liking the taste of roasted veggies most of all).

I have not tried the cauliflower rice... I will find that recipe and give it a try. I hope it doesn't require any special gadgets to make.

You just need a good cheese grater to grate the cauliflower... I mix in crushed garlic and fry it in some oil... mmmmm its so good!

AmberLS 03-26-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4971524)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4971538)
You just need a good cheese grater to grate the cauliflower... I mix in crushed garlic and fry it in some oil... mmmmm its so good!

Cauliflower rice has been the best discovery of this diet!!!!!! YUMMY I like it with soy sauce, chicken, and more veggies, it's like Chinese fried rice and I never know the difference! It's something I will probably continue well into maintenance

jendilly 03-26-2014 11:54 PM

I got the best kind of compliment from my oldest daughter today (who just turned 20 on Monday...can't believe I have a 20 year old!!). She came home for spring break from college and gave me a big hug and while hugging me said, "MOM!! You feel so much smaller!" She has seen me only every month or so while on IP, so it's cool for her to see it in bigger progression, as opposed to every day like the other kids.

Fearciuil 03-27-2014 12:48 AM

Whew! Made it through two nights of Parent-Teacher conferences, and planned ahead enough to stay OP. One more teaching day until spring break!

I let the kids play Just Dance today (except 5th grade--they've got a show next month--and kinder, because, well, it's kinder) ... told the intermediate kids it was a "made it through testing" reward. I danced with a handful of classes, and boy could I tell I'm taking in fewer calories than I'm used to! My arms got tired really fast!!

drd1961 03-27-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yayalaine (Post 4971534)
Thanks for that encouragement! I'm so glad to hear of others over 50 who have been successful. (I will be 52 in June.) Yes, I have pretty much been sticking with packets and steamed/roasted veggies. I have not tried any of the "recipes." I have been overwhelmed at work and just didn't have the mental energy to tackle one more thing. But, I know it will be worth the effort if it helps me stay on plan.

So far, I have been 100% and have been in some extremely tempting situations that would usually be cheating experiences for me... but, I've stuck to it this far. I just feel like I HAVE to this time.... for my health. When I was younger, I wanted to lose weight so that I would look better. Now, I'm more concerned with feeling better. :)

I am 52 and have actually found this diet to be pretty effortless. I do have a significant amount of muscle because I have weight lifted with heavy weights since age 21. I think that helps me tremendously, not only to lose, but also because I look smaller than I weigh. Still, the metabolism is slower, but I followed this to a T and it worked.