3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wednesday IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294148-wednesday-ip-daily-chat.html)

dlr9774 03-26-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsdeere (Post 4971219)
hey everyone! I'm pretty excited about today'w weight in, I'm in oneland! Wahoo! 194, five pounds from now we be the slimist I have been in 7-8 YEARS!! I'm so jazzed about that. 194 will also be my 40lb gone mark will be half of my big weightloss goal AND I am rewarding myself with the clarisonic Plus as my reward.

Can I just say...I'm so darn glad I decided to do IP and I'm sticking with. I feel like a million bucks and I have to admit, it's been a while since i have felt this way.

Thank you for your post today! I needed the incentive from this blog!

dlr9774 03-26-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4971220)
WOW - I had never looked at your original photo before - you look like totally NEW woman. So impressed!

I am signing off for a few days in many ways. Today begins the most hectic part of our three part move and it will be a crazy few days that follow. I have found the Trader Joe's near me (Bellevue) so I have already stocked the fridge in the "interim" house with things I can eat.

I have not been 100% OP today and with no food in the old house and my stress level, I am just trying to stay sane. If all my copious plans work out, the move should go well and sanity return. Next week sometime once I am sure that our dog has settled in and understands home and her dog door and the back yard for her "needs"!

May I ask what is Trader Joe's what do they sell?:?:

MsGracie 03-26-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

hey everyone! I'm pretty excited about today'w weight in, I'm in oneland! Wahoo! 194, five pounds from now we be the slimist I have been in 7-8 YEARS!! I'm so jazzed about that. 194 will also be my 40lb gone mark will be half of my big weightloss goal AND I am rewarding myself with the clarisonic Plus as my reward.

Can I just say...I'm so darn glad I decided to do IP and I'm sticking with. I feel like a million bucks and I have to admit, it's been a while since i have felt this way.

That's terrific - congratulations!!

IdealProteinNewbie 03-26-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarbLover443 (Post 4970974)
I have a question for everyone...how bad is having an ounce of cheese a week? One thing I miss terribly is cheese. My coach was like ABSOLUTELY NOT, however, I've spoken with a few other people, including someone else that works at my clinic and they say it's not a big deal, as long as it's no more than one ounce, once a week.

I'm going to echo the good advice given already. If you stick around the boards long enough you'll see that many people started with an ounce of cheese, then still lost so they added a sprinkle of nuts then extra this and extra that and before you know it they slid right down that slippery slope.

Then, despite advice from others, they got defensive and insulted then stopped posting all together (most likely they fell off the wagon.)

This is a sore subject for me and a couple others because we are only trying to help and we get accused of being mean, unsupportive, etc.

Stick to it 100% and you'll be much happier!

PS. In case anyone is wondering, 1 ounce of cheese is in no way equal to 1 oz of skim milk. The milk is 10 calories while the cheese is closer to 110 calories for a teeny tiny ounce.

Sorry that got so long!

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe (Post 4971151)
Good Afternoon... Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in and im pretty excited to see what the scales have to say... Im a BIG BIG GIRL At 296 when I went into the office last week and I have not had a single craving at all. I endured the family eating pizza,cake,turkey dinner and even chips and I stayed on track with ease. Im so excited as the food is yummo. I currently am having 4 IP Foods (cause im over 250lbs) plus my supper and 4 cups of veggies (dinner and supper)

Anyother Big girls out there? Wonder what kind of losses I should expect to see. Any advise? My clinic says no exercising.

Welcome! You can do it! Stick to the sheet and you'll do great. I'm smaller now but I was pretty freaking big before :D

MsGracie 03-26-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetenuf (Post 4971232)
Week 10 WI : (drum roll) -8 lbs total of 40 exactly....I WI every 2 weeks with my coach :) thats 4 lbs a week. Hope you are all having a great day!

Johnsdeere....congrats!! That is fantastic

Woo-hoo - that is wonderful!!

IdealProteinNewbie 03-26-2014 08:11 PM

sweetenuf: Wow! Keep up the great work!

ChipnDip 03-26-2014 08:12 PM

Had my weigh in today. I had to skip last week and it felt like a month. 5 lbs down over the two weeks. That made me happy. Got my chips! That made me really happy! :carrot: I opened them in the car!!

AND my hubbie says he wants to join my using alternatives and let me be his coach. I really hope he follows through. He tends to want the easy way out all the time and while I find the IP plan simple to follow it isn't easy! Not a lot of room for excuses if you want success. I'll have to reward him with sex to keep him motivated! :devil:

IdealProteinNewbie 03-26-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4971424)
Had my weigh in today. I had to skip last week and it felt like a month. 5 lbs down over the two weeks. That made me happy. Got my chips! That made me really happy! :carrot: I opened them in the car!!

AND my hubbie says he wants to join my using alternatives and let me be his coach. I really hope he follows through. He tends to want the easy way out all the time and while I find the IP plan simple to follow it isn't easy! Not a lot of room for excuses if you want success. I'll have to reward him with sex to keep him motivated! :devil:

:lol:

Panya 03-26-2014 08:45 PM

How do I download that icon at the bottom that tell how much I lost?

Mulse 03-26-2014 09:02 PM

I have a question. I was searching for information about how often ground beef was okay in a week (apparently, it's fine to have it several times) and stumbled across and older thread. In the thread it said that salmon is only supposed to be once a week because of fat content. But isn't ground beef WAY higher in fat content than salmon?

I hadn't read that before and now I'm concerned since I ate salmon three times since my last weigh in. I thought if I did a beef one night, I would follow with a leaner meat (chicken, turkey, fish) the following night.

Jenny38 03-26-2014 09:10 PM

Ruth Ann, congratulations on your loss and moving on into P2

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe (Post 4971151)
Good Afternoon... Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in and im pretty excited to see what the scales have to say... Im a BIG BIG GIRL At 296 when I went into the office last week and I have not had a single craving at all. I endured the family eating pizza,cake,turkey dinner and even chips and I stayed on track with ease. Im so excited as the food is yummo. I currently am having 4 IP Foods (cause im over 250lbs) plus my supper and 4 cups of veggies (dinner and supper)

Anyother Big girls out there? Wonder what kind of losses I should expect to see. Any advise? My clinic says no exercising.

Iskandgirlwannabe, welcome:). I started IP at 282, having lost 25lbs before that. It seems like losses vary for people but if you stick to the program you can expect the scale to go down from week to week and/or inches lost. I think light exercise is ok after you get used to the diet, good luck.

Quote:

hey everyone! I'm pretty excited about today'w weight in, I'm in oneland! Wahoo! .

Way to go Johnsdeere!

[QUOTE=sweetenuf;4971232]Week 10 WI : (drum roll) -8 lbs total of 40 exactly....I WI every 2 weeks with my coach :) thats 4 lbs a week. Hope you are all having a great day!

Great job:carrot:

I liked reading the discussion about cheese today on the board, I feel like this food will not be in my house on maintenance as it is a trigger but I hope to enjoy a limited amount at a restaurant.
Is there a group for peanut butter addicts?

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4971323)
Ruth Ann for some reason I have missed seeing your 'in progress' photo and you look amazing!!! Your sooo little!!

Thanks Hiker!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4971424)

Good job! And too funny on the motivation!

AmberLS 03-26-2014 09:31 PM

I really dislike PMS... the actual TOM isn't bad it's the week before, hungry, cranky, and I want to do nothing but sleep. Pffffff

KookySuki 03-26-2014 09:35 PM

Hi, does anyone have the most recent P1 Protocol sheet or can you direct me where to go for it? I could not not find it in the "sticky" section and I forgot to ask for one at my WI today. Thanks!

JLUS 03-26-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KookySuki (Post 4971476)
Hi, does anyone have the most recent P1 Protocol sheet or can you direct me where to go for it? I could not not find it in the "sticky" section and I forgot to ask for one at my WI today. Thanks!

It is linked in the first post of each daily chat. There are all sorts of great links in that first post, including one to each phase protocol sheet!

You shouldn't have to ask for it at weigh-in... Didn't you get it at your initial consultation along with all your program info and first week of food?