3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wednesday IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294148-wednesday-ip-daily-chat.html)

Yayalaine 03-26-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildirishrose (Post 4971061)
Yeah. Mine is here. Oh and I haven't had one like this in um YEARS. You kinda forget what to do.... and I had an allergic reaction to a pad. It HURTS so bad!!! Seriously!? A pad?! Pretty much anything awkward, I'm allergic to. Too bad it wasn't myself :P

Oh, I hear you! I have strange allergies, too... including pads and tampons. The only brand of pad I can wear is Always. Who would think?? Haha!

sprucegal 03-26-2014 11:27 AM

Hello,
I am starting my 3rd week of doing IP with alternatives. I checked at the forum before starting to be sure I understood the protocol and for ideas for substitutes.
I am in my mid 60's and need to lose 20 lbs. I have been following the program exactly with my alternatives, but have only lost 2 lbs per week. I have also lost inches. My belly was what needed the most work but that seems to be decreasing more slowly. Could my slow weight loss be because of my age? Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

ems70508 03-26-2014 11:28 AM

Question for those who realized they were getting too much soy from IP and it was hurting them, what were your symptoms? Today and yesterday I have had some weird symptoms and I'm wondering if it's a stomach bug or Soy reaction....

drd1961 03-26-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprucegal (Post 4971124)
Hello,
I am starting my 3rd week of doing IP with alternatives. I checked at the forum before starting to be sure I understood the protocol and for ideas for substitutes.
I am in my mid 60's and need to lose 20 lbs. I have been following the program exactly with my alternatives, but have only lost 2 lbs per week. I have also lost inches. My belly was what needed the most work but that seems to be decreasing more slowly. Could my slow weight loss be because of my age? Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

I think two a week is a good loss. The fact you do not have a lot to lose compared to others means your losses will be less. I think when they tell you 3-5 pounds that is usually for people that are a lot heavier.

islandgirlwannabe 03-26-2014 12:07 PM

Good Morning

Good Afternoon... Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in and im pretty excited to see what the scales have to say... Im a BIG BIG GIRL At 296 when I went into the office last week and I have not had a single craving at all. I endured the family eating pizza,cake,turkey dinner and even chips and I stayed on track with ease. Im so excited as the food is yummo. I currently am having 4 IP Foods (cause im over 250lbs) plus my supper and 4 cups of veggies (dinner and supper)

Anyother Big girls out there? Wonder what kind of losses I should expect to see. Any advise? My clinic says no exercising.

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillybee123 (Post 4971036)
Day 1! Nervous and excited. Not a big breakfast eater, following the menu given to me but had the bar for breakfast, will have the omelet for lunch with veggies. Gonna make the Big Mac in a bowl for dinner, I'm thinking with roasted broccoli. I have a rtd choc pudding for snack. Love this forum. So much info! Any go to recipes for the two cups of veggies?

Welcome and congrats on getting started!

When in doubt, I roast my veggies! I have yet to find anything that doesn't taste good roasted and it's so easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprucegal (Post 4971124)
Hello,
Thanks

Hi sprucegal! 2 lbs a week when you have 20 to lose is excellent! I had more than 100 to lose and my average has been just over 2 lbs a week. It is harder to lose as we age, I'm over 50 and was worried that age would slow me down some but that hasn't seemed to be the case.

Unfortunately it seems the first place we gain weight is the last place we lose. So hang in there - it will come off.

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe (Post 4971151)
Good Afternoon... Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in and im pretty excited to see what the scales have to say... Im a BIG BIG GIRL At 296 when I went into the office last week and I have not had a single craving at all. I endured the family eating pizza,cake,turkey dinner and even chips and I stayed on track with ease. Im so excited as the food is yummo. I currently am having 4 IP Foods (cause im over 250lbs) plus my supper and 4 cups of veggies (dinner and supper)

Anyother Big girls out there? Wonder what kind of losses I should expect to see. Any advise? My clinic says no exercising.

I started at 257 - I was big! Look at the before pic in my profile and you'll see.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. What you will lose at any given time is really individual, we all lose at our own pace so don't start comparing yourself to others - it will drive you insane. :dizzy:

ColoradoCarol 03-26-2014 12:13 PM

Ruth Ann - it looks like your ticker changed? Did you lose today?! Are you still planning P2 at the end of the month?

You are such an inspiration!

sprucegal 03-26-2014 12:16 PM

Thank you for the encouragement. I am going to hang in there. It will just take a little longer than I thought. -:)

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol (Post 4971159)
Ruth Ann - it looks like your ticker changed? Did you lose today?! Are you still planning P2 at the end of the month?

You are such an inspiration!

Thanks Carol! Yes, down 2 lbs today so we set April 3 (the day after my next weigh in) to start P2. I'm excited!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprucegal (Post 4971163)
Thank you for the encouragement. I am going to hang in there. It will just take a little longer than I thought. -:)

Good for you! And yes, it's always takes longer than we want. Sad fact.

stephascope 03-26-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4971165)
Thanks Carol! Yes, down 2 lbs today so we set April 3 (the day after my next weigh in) to start P2. I'm excited!

Congrats Ruth Ann! You did it! You didn't really stall out at all either, did you? Amazing! :D

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephascope (Post 4971166)
Congrats Ruth Ann! You did it! You didn't really stall out at all either, did you? Amazing! :D

Thanks stephascope! I really didn't stall out - had some slower weeks but I seemed to develop a pattern of 2 slow or no losses and then 2 big losses (sometimes). I gave up trying to figure that one out!

MarylandMom 03-26-2014 12:52 PM

Day 3 of IP with alternatives...still starving but still hanging in there!!! I CAN do this!! Praying that ketosis begins soon so the constant hunger will go away!

islandgirlwannabe 03-26-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4971156)
I started at 257 - I was big! Look at the before pic in my profile and you'll see.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. What you will lose at any given time is really individual, we all lose at our own pace so don't start comparing yourself to others - it will drive you insane. :dizzy:

OH MY GOSH Ruth Ann you have done AMAZING! You are my inspiration <3

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe (Post 4971190)
OH MY GOSH Ruth Ann you have done AMAZING! You are my inspiration <3

You are so sweet!

I just bumped the before/after/progress photos thread for you - so many wonderful and inspiring stories and pics on there.