3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Wednesday IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294148-wednesday-ip-daily-chat.html)

lisa32989 03-26-2014 05:14 AM

Wednesday IP Daily Chat

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

TurtleMom 03-26-2014 07:09 AM

Good morning, Dears!

I'm up & at 'em early so I can get my workout down before the rest of the house wakes up. :exercise: But I was curious, is anyone else finding food smelling so much better now that you are limiting your choices? Before, I would notice food smells when walking into a room for the first time, or as something finished in the oven. Lately, it seems that all the regular food I cook for my family just smells heavenly. Well, the food I'm cooking for myself is smelling good too. I nearly swooned last night making meatballs! But still, I don't remember reading super sniffers as a side effect in the protocol packet.

Have a lovely day :D

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 08:05 AM

Good morning!

TurtleMom - I hadn't noticed things smelling better lately, but it's Spring and I am allergic to Spring! Can't smell much of anything. :D

Janelstpe 03-26-2014 08:15 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

trinny 03-26-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleMom (Post 4970928)
Good morning, Dears!

But I was curious, is anyone else finding food smelling so much better now that you are limiting your choices?

The first few weeks I was in ketosis my sense of smell was through the roof - and not just for food. It felt like I could smell a fire 50 miles away. It was the same way when I was pregnant, too. I guess my sense of smell goes crazy when my body is in flux.

Anyhow, it's toned down now but I definitely know where you're coming from.

CarbLover443 03-26-2014 08:38 AM

I have a question for everyone...how bad is having an ounce of cheese a week? One thing I miss terribly is cheese. My coach was like ABSOLUTELY NOT, however, I've spoken with a few other people, including someone else that works at my clinic and they say it's not a big deal, as long as it's no more than one ounce, once a week.

wildirishrose 03-26-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarbLover443 (Post 4970974)
I have a question for everyone...how bad is having an ounce of cheese a week? One thing I miss terribly is cheese. My coach was like ABSOLUTELY NOT, however, I've spoken with a few other people, including someone else that works at my clinic and they say it's not a big deal, as long as it's no more than one ounce, once a week.

I'm interested in this answer as well. I miss cheese. My mouth waters just thinking of it!

JLUS 03-26-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

It really becomes a personal decision as to whether you want to be IP 100% and follow all the parameters and get both the weight loss benefits and the benefits oF long-term food management. Bending one rule, even a tiny bit, often opens the door to thinking, "well, that was ok, so maybe now it will be ok to try a tiny bit of XYZ". Tiny, tiny variations may or may not hurt, but then again, maybe each week without them would have meant a loss of a few additional ounces, adding up to several more pounds over time that could be behind you.

Will one oz of cheese change much? Probably not, but realize that part of IP's success is to teach us not to be ruled by our food wants and desires.... To learn to manage our cravings and recognize the difference between desiring a food and needing food.

Cheese will be there when you are done with IP. Perhaps the mental success of overcoming a food desire would go a long way to your future success with all phases of IP, especially maintenance. Plus - really would one ounce do anything to quell the desire or would it simply make you want more (that would be ME!)

FYI - when I went into maintenance, my coach warned me that one of the biggest "killers" of maintenance success for his clients has been cheese! It is not that he said NO... But many people just are not able to stay with the small amount that is truly a serving. He strongly cautioned me to really watch the lure of cheese (it actually has some chemical that makes us feel good, calm, etc. And feeds the desire even more!)

Ruth Ann 03-26-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildirishrose (Post 4970996)
I'm interested in this answer as well. I miss cheese. My mouth waters just thinking of it!

The hard line answer, of course, is that it's not on the P1 sheet therefore the answer is no.

The problem is, you start allowing yourself small deviations and they tend to become very large deviations that will slow or stop your weight loss. I know for me, I am very good at finding little loopholes and then driving a truck through them. I decided when I started this to stick to it exactly just because making my own decisions on what I was eating made me very fat. I've learned a lot about self-control, portion sizes, what certain foods do to my body, etc.

The cheese will still be there when you get to maintenance - it's not going any where!

danilynn 03-26-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildirishrose (Post 4970996)

Good Morning IP'er!!!

TurtleMom: Ya, i can relate to you, my sense of smell is sky rocketed. I can smell EVERYTHING that i didn't before. Its interesting how that is.

Regarding the cheese question -- i am not sure it counts towards your milk allotment. Though, would be nice to know as well. I have seen some who are in phase 1 post (in other threads) that they use Vegan - Vegetable made cheese and that didnt hinder their diet. But then again, everyone is different with how they lose weight etc.

Today i am feeling like poo. I have a killer sore throat... drinking a lot of caffeine free peppermint tea.. hoping to kick this.

anyhoo --- have a great day to everyone and where ever you are.. enjoy your sun, cold weather or snow and even rain :)

wildirishrose 03-26-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4971000)
The hard line answer, of course, is that it's not on the P1 sheet therefore the answer is no.

The problem is, you start allowing yourself small deviations and they tend to become very large deviations that will slow or stop your weight loss. I know for me, I am very good at finding little loopholes and then driving a truck through them. I decided when I started this to stick to it exactly just because making my own decisions on what I was eating made me very fat. I've learned a lot about self-control, portion sizes, what certain foods do to my body, etc.

The cheese will still be there when you get to maintenance - it's not going any where!

That's so true! I have never ever enjoyed cereal in my life, and today I was pouring my son some, I had this intense desire to eat some and I thought geez if I want some so bad it'll be there in maintenance, and instantly the desire was gone. I had to laugh because before IP I would have talked myself into "well there is a chance that the manufacturer will get hit by some disaster and never be able to make it again..."

AmberLS 03-26-2014 09:19 AM

Good morning IPers, TOM is coming TOM is coming, I feel like eating everything around me, I'm emotional, and blah lol... shees it's a pain being a girl. But at least the weather's been nice, I hope it stays for the weekend so I can work in my yard. It's been nice to take my class out to play for an extra long recess! Making up for all the extra short ones!

sunflwr816 03-26-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleMom (Post 4970928)
But I was curious, is anyone else finding food smelling so much better now that you are limiting your choices? Before, I would notice food smells when walking into a room for the first time, or as something finished in the oven. Lately, it seems that all the regular food I cook for my family just smells heavenly.

YES. Any and everything my fiance eats smells amazing. The other night he made a frozen BBQ chicken pizza and I was practically drooling while eating my salad :lol:

I've been really really bad about getting 3 packets in and drinking all my water the past few days....Puppy has had some lethargy and diarrhea and I've been back and forth to the vet's a few times. My eating/drinking took a back seat....I hopped on the scale this AM and am down to 152.6, but I don't think it's very accurate because I missed a packet on both Monday and yesterday. He's doing much better today so hopefully I can concentrate on myself again....this whole thing made me realize how easy it is to lose focus of yourself and your eating habits if you don't make it a priority. In the past, when stressed, I always reached for junk food (and wine). It's going to be important for me to really work on my relationship with food when I'm dealing with stress going forward.

Jillybee123 03-26-2014 09:32 AM

Day 1! Nervous and excited. Not a big breakfast eater, following the menu given to me but had the bar for breakfast, will have the omelet for lunch with veggies. Gonna make the Big Mac in a bowl for dinner, I'm thinking with roasted broccoli. I have a rtd choc pudding for snack. Love this forum. So much info! Any go to recipes for the two cups of veggies?

wildirishrose 03-26-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4971021)
Good morning IPers, TOM is coming TOM is coming, I feel like eating everything around me, I'm emotional, and blah lol... shees it's a pain being a girl. But at least the weather's been nice, I hope it stays for the weekend so I can work in my yard. It's been nice to take my class out to play for an extra long recess! Making up for all the extra short ones!

Yeah. Mine is here. Oh and I haven't had one like this in um YEARS. You kinda forget what to do.... and I had an allergic reaction to a pad. It HURTS so bad!!! Seriously!? A pad?! Pretty much anything awkward, I'm allergic to. Too bad it wasn't myself :P