Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

Does anyone remember me whining about cheating this weekend?? I was super nervous but still went to weigh in this week and lost 3.4 lbs! A total of 26 pounds lost in 6 weeks!!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #47  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Does anyone remember me whining about cheating this weekend?? I was super nervous but still went to weigh in this week and lost 3.4 lbs! A total of 26 pounds lost in 6 weeks!!
good job!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #48  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Great results in P2

Had my first P2 WI today..dropped 3.8 pounds.!!!!!
This is way better than I've been doing on P1, was in a slump.

My coach, and I have one of the great ones, says I can stay on P2 as long as it's working and I'm happing.

Dancing the dance of joy.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Congrats! You are doing great!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
Has anyone found that their skin has gotten really dry on this diet? I'm going on week 3 and my lips, hands, and the inside of my nose is super dry. I know it's a bad winter but I usually don't get like this. My diet used to be really high in fat before IP so I was thinking that had something to do with it.
Mine was for a week or so, but it's not so bad now. My coach said I was probably detoxing.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
Has anyone found that their skin has gotten really dry on this diet? I'm going on week 3 and my lips, hands, and the inside of my nose is super dry. I know it's a bad winter but I usually don't get like this. My diet used to be really high in fat before IP so I was thinking that had something to do with it.
You got great advice about water, oil, and omega 3s. And be sure you're ADDING your oil to your food, rather than just cooking with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I KNOW this plan will work...but as the day wears on, that negative self-talk and doubt is creeping in. Would love to hear from those of you on this diet long-term and how you make it work with a busy lifestyle.

By the way, I LOVE this forum...although new here, I researched and read (and read and read some more) about the diet before starting, and the info and encouragement found here can not be beat. Thank you!!
You got great advice from busy moms. I'm here to tell you it DOES work and can be done long term.

I use an audio version of the book The Beck Diet Solution, which helps me with the negative self-talk and doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
I went back to the clinic later this afternoon and demanded a refund..I got all but $50 back which is nice, but I am still going to call IP to report this clinic and request a full refund. I really hope tomorrow's experience at the new clinic goes better! Thanks for all of the support everyone!
What did they keep the $50 for?
If they stole it from you , report them to the BBB and your Attorney General of your state (or let them know you are going to do that and see what they do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Not sure how to feel today. Went for weigh in, numbers are great, down 3.2lbs, lost 3 inches in my waist, but when doc did my body analysis most of what I lost was lean muscle, he says I'm on the border of being out of ketosis and I'm not sure what I did wrong! I wen to applebees last night but literally all I ate was a steak that I asked for no oil or seasoning on. I have been sick, but I managed through the illness to stay OP. I haven't done anything outside of whats allowed, how could I possibly be dangerously close to being out of ketosis? Guess I won't eat out again since that's all I can think of that's different. I feel good about my weight and inches numbers but losing fat and being in ketosis is the whole point... weight could it have been the lemon in my water?
Okay. Time for me to talk you down a little.
One WI is one data point. You were down 3.2 lbs! What is the problem with that???
Now, your doc saying you lost mostly lean "muscle". SMH. Those scan scales weigh lean MASS. This is everything in our bodies that isn't fat, including skin, water, blood vessles, bones, muscle, connective tissues, etc.
You get the picture. Just being having lower hydration can throw the measurement off.

Next...dangerously close to being out of ketosis? How was THAT measured? I'm calling BS. If he based it on the body scan, those can be so off that I don't trust them.
YOU LOST 3.2 lbs!!!!

These doggone coaches don't know what they say & do to people.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-24-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzie911 View Post
I'm new here and trying to figure it all out. I've been on I.P. since 01/20/14. Today's weigh-in results: Total loss, so far: 44lbs. and 28in. Finally. Something that works for me. Happy Day!
Wow! That's great! Keep up the awesome work!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #53  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You got great advice about water, oil, and omega 3s. And be sure you're ADDING your oil to your food, rather than just cooking with it.

You got great advice from busy moms. I'm here to tell you it DOES work and can be done long term.

I use an audio version of the book The Beck Diet Solution, which helps me with the negative self-talk and doubt.

What did they keep the $50 for?
If they stole it from you , report them to the BBB and your Attorney General of your state (or let them know you are going to do that and see what they do)

One WI is one data point. You were down 3.2 lbs! What is the problem with that???
Now, your doc saying you lost mostly lean "muscle". SMH. Those scan scales weigh lean MASS. This is everything in our bodies that isn't fat, including skin, water, blood vessles, bones, muscle, connective tissues, etc.
You get the picture. Just being having lower hydration can throw the measurement off.

Next...dangerously close to being out of ketosis? How was THAT measured? I'm calling BS. If he based it on the body scan, those can be so off that I don't trust them.
YOU LOST 3.2 lbs!!!!

She claims she kept the $50 because she is a doctor and "her time with me kept her from seeing other patients and that is time she cannot get back." I tried speaking with her and she walked away while I was mid sentence and did not come back. I was disgusted.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
That's awesome!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #55  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Default Good riddance

Quote:
She claims she kept the $50 because she is a doctor and "her time with me kept her from seeing other patients and that is time she cannot get back." I tried speaking with her and she walked away while I was mid sentence and did not come back. I was disgusted.
So glad you are out of there. Turn her in to IP. Really...
Old 03-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone for the great advice and reassurance that this can be done long term and works! I have successfully survived Day 1!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #57  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

End of my "kind of" 4 day weekend. Friday I took as a vacation day. Today was my normal Monday off (I work 9 hours the rest of the pay period) BUT, because we are so busy that I worked from home about 3.5 hours. Nice thing about working from home - no interruptions and no drama.

Have a great evening
Old 03-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #58  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Not sure how to feel today. Went for weigh in, numbers are great, down 3.2lbs, lost 3 inches in my waist, but when doc did my body analysis most of what I lost was lean muscle, he says I'm on the border of being out of ketosis and I'm not sure what I did wrong! I wen to applebees last night but literally all I ate was a steak that I asked for no oil or seasoning on. I have been sick, but I managed through the illness to stay OP. I haven't done anything outside of whats allowed, how could I possibly be dangerously close to being out of ketosis? Guess I won't eat out again since that's all I can think of that's different. I feel good about my weight and inches numbers but losing fat and being in ketosis is the whole point... weight could it have been the lemon in my water?
Amber, my "muscle mass" was down this week as well. I take that with a grain of salt, as others have mentioned the BF scale is not very accurate. I know I am in ketosis because I check with ketone strips and I can definitely tell from my breath. I wouldn't sweat it, you are losing and that is all that matters.

Last edited by gnalosit; 03-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
BS!!! I would let them know you will be reporting them to BBB and state attorney general along with IP corporate!

Her time was worth $0.00 as she had no current nor correct IP information for you. She gave you nothing! She was fraudulent in her representation as an IP clinic/coach. The disorganization of the office along with the false and outdated information you were given was a waste of YOUR TIME and for that, you should bill her $100 ($50 refund and $50 for your time spent!!)

Hope you follow through with IP corporate ASAP!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #60  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

YOU LOST 3.2 lbs!!!!

THat's why my emotions were mixed, I was down 3.2 lbs which was excellent but the being on the verge of being out of ketosis worried me the most.... I have been 100% perfect at staying OP how could I be out of or close to out of ketosis!?!?!
Closed Thread