Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Yes same here - full time working mom of two very busy kids. We are on the go every night. Most evenings I get home at 5ish, throw dinner down their throats then it's off to practices, games, dance classes, whatever. And my husband works nights, so it's all on me. Life before IP was the same as you noted- all too often through the drivethrough. Meal planning ahead of time is key, and the crockpot is my best friend... but sometimes life gets in the way. When that happens, a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store has replaced the drivethrough for me, and is just as fast. I always have a bag of spinach in the fridge, which takes literally 3 minutes to saute up. Dinner - done.
Yes, I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to whomever invented the grocery rotisserie chicken!

Oh, and omelets are also a quick and easy weeknight meal that are on plan.

I've made a few meals in advance, too, and then just heated them up. Tonight I'm having a shepherd's pie (using mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes) that I assembled yesterday. I've also made a frittata in advance and then heated it up for dinner. That was good since it had lots of veggies inside it so I didn't have to make lots of side dishes.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #32  
Started I.P. 01/20/14

S/C/G: 354.8/310.8/150

Default Weigh In Day

I'm new here and trying to figure it all out. I've been on I.P. since 01/20/14. Today's weigh-in results: Total loss, so far: 44lbs. and 28in. Finally. Something that works for me. Happy Day!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #33  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
Sorry you had to go through this! My coach is super organized with everything. I was VERY impressed! I'm thankful that he is this way because if he wasn't...I probably would not have done IP. He's the only one in the Sacramento area...which is weird considering we're the capital of California and densely populated. He has also started 3 other IP offices in the San Francisco area, but wanted to move away where it isn't so absurdly expensive to live. Anyhow, good luck!

And CALL Corp IP...they really do need to know about this.
Sounds like you have a great coach! I went back to the clinic later this afternoon and demanded a refund..I got all but $50 back which is nice, but I am still going to call IP to report this clinic and request a full refund. I really hope tomorrow's experience at the new clinic goes better! Thanks for all of the support everyone!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzie911 View Post
I'm new here and trying to figure it all out. I've been on I.P. since 01/20/14. Today's weigh-in results: Total loss, so far: 44lbs. and 28in. Finally. Something that works for me. Happy Day!
Welcome and congratulation! Glad that IP is working for you
Old 03-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Thanks for the replies regarding dry skin.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #36  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I think I am in need of a little pep talk and some reassurance that this CAN be done long-term and with a busy lifestyle! I work full time and have two young boys who are very active with school and extra-curricular sports. Before starting this diet, I am ashamed to admit that we ate almost every weekend meal out and even a few during the week. I want this to work and I will make it work because I have finally realized that I am worth it! And my kids deserve to have a healthy Mom who feels good about herself, is willing to get out there and run around with them, and who will actually get IN a picture with them instead of hiding behind the camera.
Welcome! I am from MD, as well. This certainly CAN BE DONE! You ARE worth it, and so are your kids, as they will learn TONS from your efforts here! Try prepping and pre-cooking as much as possible during your down time- weekends, less busy evenings, etc. Rely on the crock pot when you can, too, and keep lots of veggies and proteins on hand. Eggs are always a quick go-to for dinner, and the rotisserie chicken idea has saved me a number of times! If you ever get the urge to hit the drive through on an especially busy day, grab a chicken instead! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Hi Everyone - I've decided to end my experimentation with alternative products and go back to all IP for my last 12 pounds. Since I started using alternatives (things like Muscle Milk, Quest Bars, Simply Protein Bars, ChocoRite) I've just stalled out, haven't really lost anything at all in the past six weeks.

It's not that those products are wrong, I researched extensively to find things like that could be used as less expensive replacements for the IP packages with the same or similar nutrient values, but it seems that when I went off the IP products, that mentally I gave myself license for little cheats here and there. That will be fine for maintenance perhaps, but I really want to get to my goal, and I think using alternatives turned into a psychological barrier of sorts for me.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzie911 View Post
Congrats! You have come so far on your journey!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #37  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Just had my initial consultation with IP and it went terribly. The clinic was totally disorganized. All of the paperwork they gave to me was from 2011, and I know from looking on the protocol sheets posted on this site that there is more recent information. They also gave me a supplement that is supposedly no longer used by IP as it is not FDA approved. I have a call in to the clinic to get my money back and to return my food. I have a consultation scheduled tomorrow at another clinic near by and am praying for better results.
If you can't get your money back could you not just keep the food to use now with your new clinic? I wasn't lucky enough to get a welcome pack with samples but I also only pay for the food I buy, no additional fees and we are considered members for life. Do others pay additional fees? I pay about $29 a box.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #38  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Hello everyone. So I started IP using alternatives today. So far, I have had an EAS Carb Control RTD shake, romaine with 2 cups of veggies, and a Muscle Milk 100 RTD. And lots of water! For dinner, I am going to have some broiled tilapia with 2 cups of zucchini. I plan on picking up some Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter bars on my way home from work so I can have one as a snack, and I plan to place an order with Nashua Nutrition tonight so I can make sure to have some variety in my non-restricted items.

I think I am in need of a little pep talk and some reassurance that this CAN be done long-term and with a busy lifestyle! I work full time and have two young boys who are very active with school and extra-curricular sports. Before starting this diet, I am ashamed to admit that we ate almost every weekend meal out and even a few during the week. I want this to work and I will make it work because I have finally realized that I am worth it! And my kids deserve to have a healthy Mom who feels good about herself, is willing to get out there and run around with them, and who will actually get IN a picture with them instead of hiding behind the camera.

I KNOW this plan will work...but as the day wears on, that negative self-talk and doubt is creeping in. Would love to hear from those of you on this diet long-term and how you make it work with a busy lifestyle.

By the way, I LOVE this forum...although new here, I researched and read (and read and read some more) about the diet before starting, and the info and encouragement found here can not be beat. Thank you!!

P.S. Do you know why pork tenderloin is acceptable but a lean cut pork chop is not?

And we can have tuna, right?
I am a single mom of 3 active daughters, soccer, dance, gymnastics, I serve on the PTA at one school am chairmen of the policy council on another, I work full time as a teacher, I also go to school (online) fulltime. I have managed this diet quite successfully. I like raw veggies though so that makes a difference because when I'm in a hurry I just grab some sweet bell peppers and go! LOL If I can do this anyone can because I HATE HATE HATE cooking.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Sounds like you have a great coach! I went back to the clinic later this afternoon and demanded a refund..I got all but $50 back which is nice, but I am still going to call IP to report this clinic and request a full refund. I really hope tomorrow's experience at the new clinic goes better! Thanks for all of the support everyone!
Why did they keep $50? I guess there needs to be a profit somewhere! Good luck on the next consultation! You're obviously smart and willing to stand up for yourself when something doesn't seem right. Can't wait for you to start, too!

My WI #3 is this Wed...and I am looking forward to it. Of course I want to lose big numbers, but I am just so happy to be moving in the direction of lowering my weight, feeling better, and hopefully reducing my insulin resistance!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #40  
AmberLS

Not sure how to feel today. Went for weigh in, numbers are great, down 3.2lbs, lost 3 inches in my waist, but when doc did my body analysis most of what I lost was lean muscle, he says I'm on the border of being out of ketosis and I'm not sure what I did wrong! I wen to applebees last night but literally all I ate was a steak that I asked for no oil or seasoning on. I have been sick, but I managed through the illness to stay OP. I haven't done anything outside of whats allowed, how could I possibly be dangerously close to being out of ketosis? Guess I won't eat out again since that's all I can think of that's different. I feel good about my weight and inches numbers but losing fat and being in ketosis is the whole point... weight could it have been the lemon in my water?
Old 03-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #41  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Not sure how to feel today. Went for weigh in, numbers are great, down 3.2lbs, lost 3 inches in my waist, but when doc did my body analysis most of what I lost was lean muscle, he says I'm on the border of being out of ketosis and I'm not sure what I did wrong! I wen to applebees last night but literally all I ate was a steak that I asked for no oil or seasoning on. I have been sick, but I managed through the illness to stay OP. I haven't done anything outside of whats allowed, how could I possibly be dangerously close to being out of ketosis? Guess I won't eat out again since that's all I can think of that's different. I feel good about my weight and inches numbers but losing fat and being in ketosis is the whole point... weight could it have been the lemon in my water?
Do you always have lemon I your water? I was told not to so I usually just have hit water with lemon when I wake up. Are you using alternatives? it could be all the sickness you have been experiencing. Not eating enough I heard can make the body go after the muscle too. I'm pretty new to all this so could be completely wrong!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
How do they know you are close to being out of ketosis. Also, the measuring bodyfat with bio electrical waves is not a perfect measure. If you did not drink a lot of water before you went because you are getting weighed then it can through that measurement off. You also lost a 1 to one on inches to pounds. My coach told me that is great because it does mean you are losing more fat.

Last edited by drd1961; 03-24-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 191.6/191.6/135

Thanks everyone for the kind words and nice gestures! All of you have been so nice and welcoming, it feels like an IP family!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #44  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Do you always have lemon I your water? I was told not to so I usually just have hit water with lemon when I wake up. Are you using alternatives? it could be all the sickness you have been experiencing. Not eating enough I heard can make the body go after the muscle too. I'm pretty new to all this so could be completely wrong!
I don't usually, but it is on my list of approved "seasonings" it says lemon and lemon juice, but it was something I did different this week so I thought maybe that was it. My doc said it could be the sickness, but I think the sickness is related to the WF products, or the sucralose I've been using. I don't know but I have felt more hungry this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
How do they know you are close to being out of ketosis. Also, the measuring bodyfat with bio electrical waves is not a perfect measure. If you did not drink a lot of water before you went because you are getting weighed then it can through that measurement off. You also lost a 1 to one on inches to pounds. My coach told me that is great because it does mean you are losing more fat.
He has a machine but water is not an issue cause I drink constantly and he takes my morning weigh in for weight. But his machine measure fat lost, lean muscle lost, bmi, body fat percent, and hydration index levels which are supposed to be no highter than 2 I think which I'm far from but going down in the right direction. Hydration index I guess is a indicator for diabetes. He's been a great coach so I trust him. He says the fat loss is the indicator for ketosis.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hello everyone. So I started IP using alternatives today. So far, I have had an EAS Carb Control RTD shake, romaine with 2 cups of veggies, and a Muscle Milk 100 RTD. And lots of water! For dinner, I am going to have some broiled tilapia with 2 cups of zucchini. I plan on picking up some Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter bars on my way home from work so I can have one as a snack, and I plan to place an order with Nashua Nutrition tonight so I can make sure to have some variety in my non-restricted items.

I KNOW this plan will work...but as the day wears on, that negative self-talk and doubt is creeping in. Would love to hear from those of you on this diet long-term and how you make it work with a busy lifestyle.

By the way, I LOVE this forum...although new here, I researched and read (and read and read some more) about the diet before starting, and the info and encouragement found here can not be beat. Thank you!!

P.S. Do you know why pork tenderloin is acceptable but a lean cut pork chop is not?

And we can have tuna, right?
Welcome! Good answers from others but I would just add in...take 1 hour once per week and chop up your veggies so they're ready to grab and go.

Planning a weekly menu for dinner will also help.

You can definitely do this! It will be a great example for your kids that you're taking care of yourself and eating veggies. Remember, you can't take care of your family if you don't take care of you.

Quote:
He has a machine but water is not an issue cause I drink constantly and he takes my morning weigh in for weight. But his machine measure fat lost, lean muscle lost, bmi, body fat percent, and hydration index levels which are supposed to be no highter than 2 I think which I'm far from but going down in the right direction. Hydration index I guess is a indicator for diabetes. He's been a great coach so I trust him. He says the fat loss is the indicator for ketosis.
Amber, those machines are not accurate at all. If you're sticking to the P1 sheet you are fine. Breathe and follow the plan
Closed Thread