Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good afternoon. Day 3 going well. Shrinkingsusie you are doing a great job. This is my second time around with IP. I am going to channel your determination and mirror your results!! Well done.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I can't wait for Friday, my weigh in day. I can literally feel my weight coming off me. This will be my second weigh in. My fat pants are no longer hurting me and jeans that I bought at a charity Gap sale few weeks ago at $5 a piece are starting to fit (there was no change room). Even my parents (who are incidentally my biggest critics when I put on weight!) have noted that you can see the results on me already! I am pretty lucky as I gain weight evenly all over my body, so that is the way that it is also coming off.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I can't wait for Friday, my weigh in day. I can literally feel my weight coming off me. This will be my second weigh in. My fat pants are no longer hurting me and jeans that I bought at a charity Gap sale few weeks ago at $5 a piece are starting to fit (there was no change room). Even my parents (who are incidentally my biggest critics when I put on weight!) have noted that you can see the results on me already! I am pretty lucky as I gain weight evenly all over my body, so that is the way that it is also coming off.
How exciting, congrats! I put on a size 12 French Connection dress this AM that I haven't worn since my last time on IP. As much as I talk about rewarding myself throughout the process, I feel like getting into smaller sizes is the biggest reward of all!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

My new coach I was going to meet today had a fam emergency and had to reschedule. Of course I understand the need to take time for the family! I was just soooo looking forward to meeting her! Can't go till Monday now.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/140/140

Height: 5'7"

Default help me get through a plateau

good morning ~ I am on week 6 of IP and have been successful in loosing 20 pounds in that time. This week, I hit a plateau. Can you offer and recommendations for breaking through to lose my last 10 pounds? Thanks!!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm in week 2 and I feel like my weight is coming off sooooo slowly. Of course I understand that everyone loses differently, but I'm wondering what modifications I can make to speed it up. I've been posting my meals in the meal thread daily. Since I'm using alternatives I mostly stick to EAS shakes, Quest bars for my restricteds, Protei-Diet and Protei-Thin products and WF dressings. Anyone have experience losing this slow or recommendations? Thx!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
How exciting, congrats! I put on a size 12 French Connection dress this AM that I haven't worn since my last time on IP. As much as I talk about rewarding myself throughout the process, I feel like getting into smaller sizes is the biggest reward of all!
That is awesome! I agree, there is no better reward than fitting into your old favorites again! I am bit obsessed with clothes, especially dresses, and have so many. Two weeks ago I looked like a stuffed sausage in them, now they are starting to fit much better.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #10  

Hey Sunflwr...I am with you on this one. I too feel like I am losing really slow this time around. I am on day 15 and before I could knock out 6-8lbs by then. I am also using EAS shakes a lot and sometimes drink them for bfast, lunch, and snack. I wonder if this could be impacting it.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #11  

OK gals. Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. Been OP for two weeks. NO cheating, getting all veggies, water, proteins in. Here is where I am getting a bit thrown off. I am waking up bloated. Yup, bloated! WTH? I am not eating hardly any food not to mention what i do eat is healthy. What is up with this? Ever happen to you. My stomach was literally puffing out this morning. Usually on IP I wake up and feel thinner, even i am not losing. Feeling soooo discouraged. I was dealing with the big c and finally went to the bathroom this morning after drinking some tea last night so i hope it helps...literally had been 5 days. Another strange thing is that i am not spotting at all which is what usually happens when i go on IP. What is up here?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

eandc - are you getting all your oil in? I find if I cut my fats down too low I get backed up really fast.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #13  

Ruth Ann, I am cooking with oils everyday sauteing veggies. That being said, I do not measure what I cook with. Should I add the extra 2tsps on top of what I am cooking with? Do you think that will cause me to gain/continue this stall that I am on. My weight has not moved in an entire week.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #14  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Ruth Ann, I am cooking with oils everyday sauteing veggies. That being said, I do not measure what I cook with. Should I add the extra 2tsps on top of what I am cooking with? Do you think that will cause me to gain/continue this stall that I am on. My weight has not moved in an entire week.
You should add 2 tsp on top of what you're cooking with is what I've been doing. A lot of oil stays in the pan when you're cooking with it.

I also find having fattier cuts of meat (hamburger, steak, etc.) once or twice a week helps.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
My coach was adamant about consuming my olive oil uncooked. Olive oil tends to lose a lot of its goodness when exposed to high temperatures. Just a thought.
Closed Thread