Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #136  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Jo, sorry the weather stinks there. We in Colorado are in a bit of a "heat wave" - 40's - 60's (farenheit) for the next week or so. Oh well, it will get cold again soon enough, looks like it will be good weather here in Denver for the football game between Broncos & Patriots on Sunday.

Anyway, I read through the Quest bar thread last night and was reading your comments above, don't the Quest bars have too much protein (like the cinnamon roll)? It looks like it is 20g.
Sorry - had a rough, busy day today and this is my first chance to read the Chat.

I think most IP bars are around 15 to 18g of protein so 20g isn't that high. I do count the Quest bars as restrict too, despite the strawberry cheesecake ones being close to non-restricted. The Pure Protein bars I have also have 20g of protein.

Jo
Old 01-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #137  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
My clinic gave me expired puddings today as part of my three boxes. I don't know what to think? She even had expired written on the box. Any suggestions.
I'd speak up.

That's weird and not like her (DLR and i have the same coach).

I know her co-worker was tragically killed in a snowmobile accident last Saturday. I have heard that she was the first person to come upon his body...and that she is taking it very hard. Funeral is tomorrow. So sad. He was 28...and word is the other snowmobiles stopped his machine on the trail and turned his light off...thereby setting himself up as the toad deadly hazard...and he is the one who lives to talk about it. There is a police investigation going on.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #138  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Sarita....beautiful brilliance you are!

Congratulations! You look fantastic!

Last edited by Annik; 01-16-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I know what Lisa must be talking about.

If it's a chicken with dijonnaise sauce or beef stroganoff it can be used to replace your 8 oz animal protein. Add 2 cups veggies and that's your dinner.

If you received a vanilla, chocolate or strawberry meal replacement shake those are to be used in P3 and beyond.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 201/169/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!

I've been lurking, reading & getting ideas since about a week after starting IP just before Christmas. Love the cauliflower rice & Big Mac in a bowl recipes, along with the myriad other tips and tricks I've found here.

Thought I'd let you all know how your comments & strength helped today...

Tough day at work, cried on the way home, went straight to the shower to "wash it off". Afterwards, I was craving anything sweet that I could put in my mouth, but specifically the crunchy sweetness of Frosted Flakes! This is the first time since I began that I've truly had to resist a craving. All your words of wisdom inspired me to refrain from raiding my son's stash!

So, thank you one and all!!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post

If it's a chicken with dijonnaise sauce or beef stroganoff it can be used to replace your 8 oz animal protein. Add 2 cups veggies and that's your dinner.

If you received a vanilla, chocolate or strawberry meal replacement shake those are to be used in P3 and beyond.
Thanks IPN
I'm less familiar with the newer stuff or anything I wouldn't try due to soy/gluten content
Old 01-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareDog37 View Post
Hello all!

I've been lurking, reading & getting ideas since about a week after starting IP just before Christmas. Love the cauliflower rice & Big Mac in a bowl recipes, along with the myriad other tips and tricks I've found here.

Thought I'd let you all know how your comments & strength helped today...

Tough day at work, cried on the way home, went straight to the shower to "wash it off". Afterwards, I was craving anything sweet that I could put in my mouth, but specifically the crunchy sweetness of Frosted Flakes! This is the first time since I began that I've truly had to resist a craving. All your words of wisdom inspired me to refrain from raiding my son's stash!

So, thank you one and all!!
Welcome Mare
One of the early things I had to learn was the difference between true hunger and "head" hunger.
If I'm truly hungry, something ON plan will suffice. If my head wants to eat, I could eat the house and it won't be enough! It's really not about food or hunger, it is about trying to fill an empty hole inside...with the WRONG THING!

Cravings are tough, especially as we're trying to learn new behaviors. Every time we resist, we strengthen the "willpower muscle"

Here's something you might need tonite
Old 01-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #143  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post

When I replied I was talking about the chicken or beef stroganoff. Not a replacement shake.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
He's anyone ordered from Nashua lately? How long did it take to receive your order? They have a note on their website about delays, so I was curious. Usually they're very fast!
I'm in Washington State and I got my order Tuesday, it always takes about a week to get here...you're only half the distance so it should be your usual unless the weather there is really bad....I also saw the notice but no affect to my order delivery time
Old 01-17-2014, 02:14 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Tonight, I wanted a different vegetable experience so I made roasted cabbage 'steaks'. Most recipes for this call it roasted garlic cabbage steaks but I, unlike most, skip the garlic.

Doesn't matter it was to die for. Easy as well. Preheat oven 400. Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Slice firm cabbage head so that you have some nice one inch slices. Put on the pan, spray or drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper. For those who do garlic, rub chopped garlic.
Cook 20-30 minutes per side but watch carefully. It does get very crisp, dark around the edges but that is the best part for me.

A special treat and made me want more but I will wait until tomorrow.
Closed Thread