Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #211  
jlj

S/C/G: 180/171/135

Height: 5'4"

Default fat vs. weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmuse View Post
So I lost 4 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds of fat. How is that possible? Can someone explain?

Thanks!
I would assume that means either you're a lot more hydrated now with all the water you are drinking on the diet. (Or you gained muscle... have you been strength training?)
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #212  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj View Post
I would assume that means either you're a lot more hydrated now with all the water you are drinking on the diet. (Or you gained muscle... have you been strength training?)
The scales are useless for measureing what they say they are measuring. That is the real deal.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #213  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I started IP a couple of weeks ago and so far I've lost 11 lbs. my goal is 100 lbs lost. Baby steps!!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
Hi everyone. I started IP a couple of weeks ago and so far I've lost 11 lbs. my goal is 100 lbs lost. Baby steps!!
Welcome, you can do it!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
You can ABSOLUTELY do it!
Set yourself some mini goals with non-food rewards (I chose indulgences like massages, mani/pedi, etc. Others chose jewelery (or charms), purses, boots, stuff that weight loss doesn't affect). My next one is a hanful of lbs away...

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-18-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #216  

Smile New to IP

Good morning everyone! I am just starting Ideal Protein (day 2). Hoping that I have the strength and commitment to myself to stick with this program and enjoy the benefits. Just reading through some of the posts and I must admit that they are encouraging. Great job everyone!!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #217  

Default Started on Tuesday

So I started on Tuesday and have been going for weigh in's at WW for years. Went for my regular weigh in and I am down 6.8 lbs since Tuesday. I sure hope that I can stick with this program since everyone's success on this board is so encouraging!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoad View Post
Good morning everyone! I am just starting Ideal Protein (day 2). Hoping that I have the strength and commitment to myself to stick with this program and enjoy the benefits. Just reading through some of the posts and I must admit that they are encouraging. Great job everyone!!
Welcome.
The key is planning.
I plan every day the night before (or at the latest, first thing in the morning). That way I make sure I have every item on-hand that I will need and my time is allotted for any cooking that needs to occur.

There is always a Plan B and there are extra packets everywhere (car, husband's car, desk at work, purse, lunch bag, I've even sent them in advance to places I'm vacationing). I learned to not get bored with veggies to make sure I'm not just eating them raw.

There are many links to recipe threads in the first post of the Daily Chat. These became essential for my continued committment, especially after I eliminated gluten and soy protein last January, which significantly limited which IP products I could have!

You will have success if you stay committed and learn to find reasons to stay ON PLAN, rather than reasons to go off!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #219  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoad View Post
Congrats on getting through the first couple of days Indigoad! I agree with everything Lisa posted - plan, plan, plan! Once you get into the swing of things you'll find your determination and strength increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
So I started on Tuesday and have been going for weigh in's at WW for years. Went for my regular weigh in and I am down 6.8 lbs since Tuesday. I sure hope that I can stick with this program since everyone's success on this board is so encouraging!
Way to go on the loss! That is outstanding! This is a great board to find ideas and encouragement, you can do it!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #220  
Started IP 1/17/2014

S/C/G: 200.8/198/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Good morning! My name is Annie. I'm new to Ip & new to this 3FC. I began IP yesterday & look forward to this journey. This is something that I've wanted to do for some time & I'm ready to move forward. All the info that I've been reading so far is very helpful from the newcomers to the veterans. Good luck to everyone!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #221  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGirlIsOnFire View Post
Good morning! My name is Annie. I'm new to Ip & new to this 3FC. I began IP yesterday & look forward to this journey. This is something that I've wanted to do for some time & I'm ready to move forward. All the info that I've been reading so far is very helpful from the newcomers to the veterans. Good luck to everyone!
Welcome Annie! Glad you are ready to go! Be sure and ask any questions you have and let us know if you need anything - a great bunch of "losers" here who are really generous with their knowledge!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #222  

I would like to know if any other newcomers are having an issue using the daily 1/4 teaspoon of salt? I do not use salt in general and am having a challenge to use it. Are there any negative impacts if I do not use it on a daily basis?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #223  

I found it was helpful to just mix the salt in a little water and do it as a "shot" so that you get all the salt in. Not super yummy but it works!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #224  

That sounds like a great idea! Close the eyes and drink!
Thank you apple7399... will try tonight.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #225  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
I would like to know if any other newcomers are having an issue using the daily 1/4 teaspoon of salt? I do not use salt in general and am having a challenge to use it. Are there any negative impacts if I do not use it on a daily basis?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
I too am having the same issue, would love to hear from others if there will be a negative impact.
Closed Thread