Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #361  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Good evening all, My name is Theresa.
I have randomly posted around but here is my full story on my weight that led me here.

I was banded Sept 26, 2010 weighing 248. I lost around 30lbs would lose only when I went in to get fill. Saw no other weightless in-between fills. I got to the point to where nothing would stay down except corn chips! healthy right lol.
Oct 2012 with a few months of not feeling good every day I decided to go in to band Dr and we decided to take all fluid out. I instantly felt better. March 2013 I quit smoking. Thought now that I felt better I would get back on the healthy life. About 2 months after I quit smoking I started gaining weight very quickly. I thought it was due to the band issues. but nope, because I quit smoking it unmasked that I have an over active thyroid! I now started this IP 3 weeks ago tomorrow starting weight at 309. 61 lbs heavier then when I had lapband surgery.

Now I am here praying to god that this IP works with my body.

We are glad you are joining us for this journey!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #362  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA 2 View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Ruth Ann too I started IP last Wednesday and will have my first check in tomorrow. My husband started on Monday. I am really looking forward to all of the friendliness and support here.
I like you already RA! welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMarie40 View Post
Hi! This is my first post but I've been lurking for a week or so

Two things that I miss most: gum and putting food into my face! LOL. Not that I'm even hungry, but I miss the action of it, and I miss eating what I want when I want it. It's blown my mind how much I must have relied on food for comfort or to relieve boredom. Yikes!
Hi JanMarie - I agree, mindless snacking is a tough habit to break! For those times when you just have to put something in your mouth, lettuce works! I keep a big bowl of lettuce at work with me just to have something when the "afternoon munchies" hit. I'm trying to break the munching at my desk habit so now I keep it in the fridge and have to go get a handful if I really want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Hi! Today is my first day on IP...I'm using alternative products and doing the plan in an effort to lose weight for my WEDDING in August! My MOH and best friend has been on IP for 3 weeks and is down 10+ lbs so she was the kick in the pants I needed to start! Nice to "meet" you all
Congrats on the wedding sunflwr, so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiecat View Post
Trying to make a decision. Do I go with a local clinic zero support and just buy products and come to you all for support, or travel weekly for an hour for a ten minute "support session" and fork out lots more money??? I haven't had luck getting back on alone. Lost 56 pounds maintained goal for over a year but totally went crazy and now have 40 to lose. Any thoughts?
Happiecat, I really think it's going to come down to what will work for you. The people here can be excellent virtual coaches and are willing to share all their expertise if that will work for you. Some people need the more "one on one" experience. Do you have a friend that can be a "diet buddy" and give you a kick in the pants when needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingChick View Post
Question about timing/pace of IP meals. Before IP, I found that if I eat anything between 5 and 7a.m., I am inevitably hungry again by 9 a.m. So for the first 9 days of IP, I started my morning with water and mint tea and then had an IP around 8:30 or 9. This seemed to work well as I lost 7.3 in that time. But by day 8, I was finding it hard to get all my IPs in.....not that hungry. My coach said to start eating earlier to keep my body fueled. Intellectually, it makes sense, but in practice my body is again hungry an hour after my first meal. I am not sure if I should continue eating earlier and then being hungry, or if I should return to the water and tea followed by IP a little later. I understand the need to ensure all of my IPs, but the eating early is disrupting how I feel and I worry it will impact my progress or result in cheating. I have not cheated once in 12 days. Any feedback?
Travelingchick - what were you starting your day with? Have you tried eating something lighter (one of the fruit drinks, maybe?) or maybe something heavier (oatmeal muffins?) and see if it makes a difference? I find it I'm still needing a pack at the end of the day and am not terribly hungry using an orange drink or peach mango or another drink mix works out well. Play around a bit and see what works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carliemartini View Post
Hi all!

I started IP two weeks ago and so far have lost a total of 15 pounds.
I've spent quite a bit of time browsing this forum looking at recipes and reading others' experiences with the diet.

Look forward to finally being a part of this support group!
Welcome calriemartini! I love the recipes and information here, so much good knowledge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
good evening

I'm finishing day 4 week 2 - I'm just hoping I didn't mess my whole week up today - had to go to a function after work - went with some collegues - for dinner I bought a protein bar and had an IP butterscotch pudding when I came home - am I safe?
Maureen - what protein bar did you buy and did you have it instead of your protein and veggies? Hard to say what it will do, but drink extra water and get back 100%. I find planning ahead for functions is vital - find out what's being served, have a plan on what to eat or bring your own. Learning to navigate functions (work and social) is tough, but you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Good evening all, My name is Theresa.
I have randomly posted around but here is my full story on my weight that led me here.

Now I am here praying to god that this IP works with my body.
Theresa - we're all rooting for this to work for you too!

If I missed anyone, sorry about that! Welcome to all the newcomers - we're looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

yikes!!! are we not allowed to chew gum????!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #364  

this is getting stricter by the day - I must say I feel great - not bloated
Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #365  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Quote:
this is getting stricter by the day - I must say I feel great - not bloated
Maureen - some clinics allow gum sweetened with sucrulose, some don't. I think some clinics sell Spry gum. As always, use in moderation if allowed or if you chose to use it.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #366  

Hello all. I lost about 30lbs in 2012 while on IP and loved the results. Hard...oh yeah but worth it in the end. I have been maintaining for over a year with heats of phase 1 here and there to keep it in check. Lots of life changes since mid-October and while I haven't went all out binging, I definitely was not mindful about weighing everyday like I usually did. Long story short, I am back to do time in phase 1 until I am feeling good again. Who knows, maybe I will shoot for the moon and go for an extra 10-15lbs from my original goal. Happy to meet you all. I have always so enjoyed theses threads!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 231/176/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
When I started I was told that I'm allowed up to 3 pieces of Stride gum a day. Guess it just depends on your coach's instructions though... I usually pop in a piece when the hunger starts in, helps to get my mind off of eating.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #368  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #369  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carliemartini View Post
When I started I was told that I'm allowed up to 3 pieces of Stride gum a day. Guess it just depends on your coach's instructions though... I usually pop in a piece when the hunger starts in, helps to get my mind off of eating.
That's why I chew it too - not all day or anything -
Old 02-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #370  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Default When to Start?

I am going to IP meeting tonight and would like to start ASAP, but I have a week long ski trip planned at the end of the month and I know I won't be able to follow the plan.

So for those of you with experience on the IP plan, should I start now and follow for about 2 1/2 weeks then restart after my trip or wait and start in March? Any opinions appreciated!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 181/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Hi JanMarie - I agree, mindless snacking is a tough habit to break! For those times when you just have to put something in your mouth, lettuce works! I keep a big bowl of lettuce at work with me just to have something when the "afternoon munchies" hit. I'm trying to break the munching at my desk habit so now I keep it in the fridge and have to go get a handful if I really want it.

Welcome to all the newcomers - we're looking forward to getting to know you!
Hi Ruth Ann, thanks for your warm welcome!

I've discovered how valuable lettuce is but it's funny, the other day I was at my desk mowing through a container of lettuce I brought, and a friend commented saying that she's never seen anyone eat so much plain lettuce like that before! LOL. And I'm amazed at how good it actually tastes when you're hungry/bored enough!

I had my first weigh in yesterday at the day #5 mark just because of how scheduling worked, and I'm down 5 pounds!! That in itself is so much motivation to keep me on track.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
I am going to IP meeting tonight and would like to start ASAP, but I have a week long ski trip planned at the end of the month and I know I won't be able to follow the plan.

So for those of you with experience on the IP plan, should I start now and follow for about 2 1/2 weeks then restart after my trip or wait and start in March? Any opinions appreciated!
Hi there: I had a similar experience starting IP for 2 weeks then going on a ski trip too (mid November) Unless you are going hut-to hut- backcountry skiing, you should be able to do the protocol - I did. Just take lots of puddings and drinks with you since you can eat those anywhere - just add water. Any restaurant in the evening should be able to do lightly stir fried veg or steamed if you are REALLY strict with a piece of salmon or sole or halibut or steak, etc (no sauces please). For lunch I took lots of celery, cukes, and other easy to prepare veg and did soup or omelette packets in our condo. You will be able to do it with a bit of advance prep and you'll feel mighty good about it too! Don't wait to start! Check with your coach and see if she will agree to check in via text in case you have any issues/questions or just want to celebrate your food successes. Mine does. Good luck

Liana
Old 02-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #373  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi there: I had a similar experience starting IP for 2 weeks then going on a ski trip too (mid November) Unless you are going hut-to hut- backcountry skiing, you should be able to do the protocol - I did. Just take lots of puddings and drinks with you since you can eat those anywhere - just add water. Any restaurant in the evening should be able to do lightly stir fried veg or steamed if you are REALLY strict with a piece of salmon or sole or halibut or steak, etc (no sauces please). For lunch I took lots of celery, cukes, and other easy to prepare veg and did soup or omelette packets in our condo. You will be able to do it with a bit of advance prep and you'll feel mighty good about it too! Don't wait to start! Check with your coach and see if she will agree to check in via text in case you have any issues/questions or just want to celebrate your food successes. Mine does. Good luck

Liana
Thanks canadjineh! I am going to start Saturday. Will give me 18 days to get going. Hoping I can keep it going during the trip!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #374  
Pretty Nurse

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

I want to thank everyone for their tips after last weeks tough weigh in. Today I was down 7.1 lbs and 4.5 inches for a total of 19.9 lbs and 15.5 inches in 5 weeks!!! So happy!!!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post

Start! You'll always find an excuse to wait.
Closed Thread