Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #256  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hiker: Hope you feel better soon! That's miserable to be sick just when you moved but hang in there and don't overdo.

And, yes, being a control freak has done me well so far (like the grammar?). I weigh in today and don't think I'll hit the -100 lb mark this week but maybe the next. Yikes! I have to admit to watching the scale a little more closely than usual as I get closer to that milestone. Although I know the scale weight is only one measure, it's still exciting!

Fingers crossed... and if you make it awesome, if you don't still awesome....
Old 01-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #257  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Fingers crossed... and if you make it awesome, if you don't still awesome....
Thanks Tigerlvr! Down a pound this week - hooray! So getting closer. Didn't really think I was going to get there this week but next week or the week after or sometime soon I will.

And it's all awesome!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #258  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

I've been 100% on plan this week (actually I have been since I started 3 weeks ago), but the scale is not budging this week. I know I should just stop weighing myself and wait until my official WI on Thursdays...I just can't help it and I think it's good for me to keep an eye on it. It's frustrating when you want this to work so badly. I know it still is. And I know there will be weeks that I'll lose inches and not pounds. Just want to see it to continue to move downward. I felt the same way last week and then lost 4 pounds still, so maybe it's just my scale. I don't know. Just was wanting more!

I had a dream last night that I ate a big bowl of ice cream and went back for more. I know it was just a dream...but the first time I've actually had a dream about food. Kind of weird!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #259  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Thanks Tigerlvr! Down a pound this week - hooray! So getting closer. Didn't really think I was going to get there this week but next week or the week after or sometime soon I will.

And it's all awesome!
It is incredible to think that you have lost almost 100 lbs! That certainly is a milestone to celebrate. I can just see you when you hit that mark! I remember jumping up & down, clapping, each time I hit what was a big milestone during P1. Don't ya just love IP!?

Congrats on your weight loss this week, and I know you will be celebrating your milestone soon.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I've been 100% on plan this week (actually I have been since I started 3 weeks ago), but the scale is not budging this week. I know I should just stop weighing myself and wait until my official WI on Thursdays...I just can't help it and I think it's good for me to keep an eye on it. It's frustrating when you want this to work so badly. I know it still is. And I know there will be weeks that I'll lose inches and not pounds. Just want to see it to continue to move downward. I felt the same way last week and then lost 4 pounds still, so maybe it's just my scale. I don't know. Just was wanting more!
This is exactly like someone telling me they cheated because they couldn't help it.
You CAN help it. Don't step on the scale. You are in charge of whether you step on the scale or not.
A watched pot doesn't boil and a watched scale is causing you anxiety that could be increasing cortisol, which blocks fat loss.

The time to weigh daily is when we can look at it with an open-mind and view it as a process.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-15-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #261  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Great advice, Lisa. Away the scale will go...for now. Until I can deal with it better and not have it cause me ANY anxiety.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Great advice, Lisa. Away the scale will go...for now. Until I can deal with it better and not have it cause me ANY anxiety.
Jendilly - I was very much in the same boat as you find yourself now. Got great advice from Lisa and I have worked hard to adjust my mental attitude.

I do now weigh every day and just accept whatever it says. Having hit -50 pounds, I am soooo excited to see that weight on the scale, I am hopping on every day just to see that!

Also, I remind myself of all the advice Lisa gave me and do not get frustrated if things point up instead of down.

So why DO I weigh every day? It keeps me accountable, it helps me track my progress, and it keeps me on track. For me, it is too easy to slip just a bit and knowing that I will have to weigh gives me some support to hang tough. Just my personal view.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #263  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Down 4.6 at today's weigh in. Yeah. I will update my ticker tomorrow (hard to do iPad). I think my total is just over 70 since starting. Wahoo.

Love that staying 100% OP and switching up the menu provided results
Old 01-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Down 4.6 at today's weigh in. Yeah. I will update my ticker tomorrow (hard to do iPad). I think my total is just over 70 since starting. Wahoo.

Way to go!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Way to go!
Thanks.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #266  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
It is incredible to think that you have lost almost 100 lbs! That certainly is a milestone to celebrate. I can just see you when you hit that mark! I remember jumping up & down, clapping, each time I hit what was a big milestone during P1. Don't ya just love IP!?

Congrats on your weight loss this week, and I know you will be celebrating your milestone soon.
Thanks Dak! It is incredible - seems like such a short time that I've been on IP and posting here.

Quote:

Yeah Carol! I'm so glad it worked!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #267  

Quote:
Yeah Carol! I'm so glad it worked!
Thanks Ruth Ann. I had gotten in a rut. I tried some things I had never tried(rutabaga fries) and reminded myself how much I liked stir fry.

Just showed me that variety is important.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #268  

Height: 5 '6

ColoradoCarol Huge accomplishment... 70 pounds is a child! (what grade I don't know!) I can't wait to say I've lost 70 pounds... you must see quite a difference when you look in the mirror!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #269  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Ouch! I think the PT guy hurt me! Actually, he warned me that I was going to have to work through some temporary "discomfort" (which is the medical term for "that hurts!"). He said waking up some muscles I haven't used in awhile would make them sore - and he was right. But it will be worth it to start getting some relief.

One of my clients who I hadn't seen for awhile came in this morning and said "you look beautiful." What a great way to start the work day off!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

eeeek, congrats! I'm close to the 70lb mark. I drank about 130 oz of water yesterday in hopes of hitting my 70lb mark this AM at WI! My coworkers were cracking up...telling me to move my computer into the bathroom!
Closed Thread