Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #16  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Question

Motivation to my way please? I need 25lbs gone for good, I start every day as a new day, do so good until dinner.... Why???

Last edited by foreveryoung; 11-01-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
Motivation to my way please? I need 25lbs gone for good, I start every day as a new day, do so good until dinner.... Why???
So what's happening around dinner that's tripping you up? Is it hunger? Cravings? Boredom? Stress? I find that I eat for so many reasons that are not related to hunger. Sometimes it's because I'm bored or stressed or sad. Other times its just habit. I was one of those people who would sit and watch tv and snack for a few hours a night and that's snacking often included wine which led to more snacking!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #18  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Just a few mind games and thought processes I use to stay on track. For what it's worth, it works for me. I'm not saying I won't ever cheat but I make a promise to my body everyday to do right by it.
A cheat to me = $85. That's how much I pay a week and I haven't run across anything yet worth $85.
All the foods I use to love, will still be there waiting for me down the road, they will not be extinct.
I am worth my goal.
I can have xyz if I drink two glasses of water. By the time I pound the water, the craving is gone and I'm all full of water.
No compromise! I will not try to pull one over on my body...it knows what I'm doing, it likes it, and I will not disappoint it any more.
Certain smells can send me into a craving. If it's something like french fries, I just imagine each bite exploding into a big ole ball of cellulite on my butt!
I will not romanticize the things that made me fatter. Pasta, soda,chocolate, those are the big ones.
I concentrate on what I CAN have...not what I can't. There is no choice for me, my health is at stake.
This is temporary for me...and a learning process. I can't wait to find out how much of the 'normal' foods I can have before gaining once I'm on maintenance. This completely fascinates me.
I must have a full glass of water while getting ready in the morning.
I must have a full glass of water before pulling in to work.
I must have 2 full glasses of water before lunch. And the list goes on. I have found that I actually drink way more water.
I mix up my water with some type of fizzy water with a little added flavor. I treat the flavored water as a 'treat'. I do this twice a day. It replaces my old soda craving but it's much better for me.
I pay attention to the way my body feels. Since starting and staying OP, everything hurts way less. MY body has hurt it's whole life. Aches, pains, arthritis, old injuries flare up when it's wet out. I have had NONE of these since staying OP. It can only be due to the foods I'm eating not CAUSING the inflammation. Joints are lubed up and ready to go. It feels good.
I'm slowly firing the committee in my head that has always told me I can't. One by one I eliminate each negative thought, imagining each thought as annoying bug who carries the message as I send it into the bug zapper!!
And lastly, if I don't change my eating habits, I could end up on meds. I hate taking medication. I HAVE CONTROL. The only thing I have control of in this crazy life of mine is what I put into my mouth. If I can't control that what makes me think I can control anything else going on?!

I hope you can use some of this to make things easier. Maybe I typed it to help or maybe I typed it out to reconfirm what I need to hear. Regardless, I have made excuses my whole life of why I can't do something. I'm done with that crap. I can do something and I am worth doing it. Nobody can do it for me. I must rely on me to give myself the life I want.
I find this progression of thinking is trickling into other aspects of my life. I am becoming stronger in many other ways and I have actually surprised myself at times.
Either this will make sense to you or you will think I'm crazy. If this is crazy, I will definitely take it...I like it here..lol

Happy OP day all!!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 179/154/130

Height: 5'7.5"

Well, since I started on October 2nd, I've officially made it a month, and proud to say at today's weigh-in, I am down 17 lbs in that time! Although the loss this week is slowing a bit (2lbs), I'll definately take it! Definately motivating to keep this up and not indulge in the cheats that provide only temporary satisfaction!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #20  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

I started in the middle of September but was hoping I could join in the chat with y'all.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 248/248/165

Height: 5'7"

I kept dreaming of chocolate last night, I think cause it was Halloween, but mini Mars bars were everywhere, and I ate them all!! Thank god it wasn't real.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabe140 View Post
I kept dreaming of chocolate last night, I think cause it was Halloween, but mini Mars bars were everywhere, and I ate them all!! Thank god it wasn't real.
Iwannabe,

This made me laugh... like a good belly laugh. I got a mental image of pac-man running down candy bars in his sleep... Thanks for the giggle! Maybe if you eat dream candy you won't want it IRL?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #23  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Jig,
I think you might be my long lost brother!!! lol.. bread.. my enemy that I hate to love and love to hate..

I've thought about making that english muffin, but as far as I know, my center doesn't have "crepe" mix.

As for recipes in the book, (it's not a soup), but the chicken stuffed green peppers have become a family favorite. I make a double batch of them and the kids and hubby eat them throughout the week while I'm at work during my night shift nights.

I've not yet made the soups because while I'm an absolute soup fiend... could eat it every single day, my hubby is now and always has been "meh" about soup. *sob*

Kawaii

Haha yes, I love bread so much. This is a bakery close to my house that makes the best bread in the world. I drove past it the other day and actually caught a smell of fresh baking bread. I almost drove off the road. I need to stay away from that road haha.

The chicken stuffed peppers sounded good. I marked those in the recipe book along with about 50 others that I would like to try.

In other news, I had my WI this morning. Down another 5.5 lbs and hit my goal of losing...err, giving away over 30! Can't believe it! I'm getting compliments from family and friends and ditching clothes already for older ones in my closet that I can slip back into!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
Just a few mind games and thought processes I use to stay on track. For what it's worth, it works for me. I'm not saying I won't ever cheat but I make a promise to my body everyday to do right by it.
A cheat to me = $85. That's how much I pay a week and I haven't run across anything yet worth $85.
I think we have the same mind! I tell this to everyone who says "you have such great willpower!" Then I say, well yes but i credit that to not wanting to throw $85 out the window for a french fry! All you said is such great advice!!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
All the foods I use to love, will still be there waiting for me down the road, they will not be extinct.
I am worth my goal.
I can have xyz if I drink two glasses of water. By the time I pound the water, the craving is gone and I'm all full of water.
No compromise! I will not try to pull one over on my body...it knows what I'm doing, it likes it, and I will not disappoint it any more.
Certain smells can send me into a craving. If it's something like french fries, I just imagine each bite exploding into a big ole ball of cellulite on my butt!
I will not romanticize the things that made me fatter. Pasta, soda,chocolate, those are the big ones.
I concentrate on what I CAN have...not what I can't. There is no choice for me, my health is at stake.
This is temporary for me...and a learning process. I can't wait to find out how much of the 'normal' foods I can have before gaining once I'm on maintenance. This completely fascinates me.
I must have a full glass of water while getting ready in the morning.
I must have a full glass of water before pulling in to work.
I must have 2 full glasses of water before lunch. And the list goes on. I have found that I actually drink way more water.
I mix up my water with some type of fizzy water with a little added flavor. I treat the flavored water as a 'treat'. I do this twice a day. It replaces my old soda craving but it's much better for me.
I pay attention to the way my body feels. Since starting and staying OP, everything hurts way less. MY body has hurt it's whole life. Aches, pains, arthritis, old injuries flare up when it's wet out. I have had NONE of these since staying OP. It can only be due to the foods I'm eating not CAUSING the inflammation. Joints are lubed up and ready to go. It feels good.
I'm slowly firing the committee in my head that has always told me I can't. One by one I eliminate each negative thought, imagining each thought as annoying bug who carries the message as I send it into the bug zapper!!
And lastly, if I don't change my eating habits, I could end up on meds. I hate taking medication. I HAVE CONTROL. The only thing I have control of in this crazy life of mine is what I put into my mouth. If I can't control that what makes me think I can control anything else going on?!

I hope you can use some of this to make things easier. Maybe I typed it to help or maybe I typed it out to reconfirm what I need to hear. Regardless, I have made excuses my whole life of why I can't do something. I'm done with that crap. I can do something and I am worth doing it. Nobody can do it for me. I must rely on me to give myself the life I want.
I find this progression of thinking is trickling into other aspects of my life. I am becoming stronger in many other ways and I have actually surprised myself at times.
Either this will make sense to you or you will think I'm crazy. If this is crazy, I will definitely take it...I like it here..lol

Happy OP day all!!
Great affirmation list! Reading it sounded like it was coming directly from me...great minds think alike!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig View Post
Haha yes, I love bread so much. This is a bakery close to my house that makes the best bread in the world. I drove past it the other day and actually caught a smell of fresh baking bread. I almost drove off the road. I need to stay away from that road haha.

The chicken stuffed peppers sounded good. I marked those in the recipe book along with about 50 others that I would like to try.

In other news, I had my WI this morning. Down another 5.5 lbs and hit my goal of losing...err, giving away over 30! Can't believe it! I'm getting compliments from family and friends and ditching clothes already for older ones in my closet that I can slip back into!

Congrats! Great WI and total donation so far! Keep up the amazing progress.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoutforthatcar View Post
I started in the middle of September but was hoping I could join in the chat with y'all.
Absolutely! Welcome and congrats on the amazing progress thus far.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #28  

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,
If I started on Oct 31 can I still be part of your group? You seem like such a great bunch to interact with.
A little history about me. Last year I did IP through a clinic and lost about 20 lbs in 2 months. Was very happy with that, although not at goal. I fell off plan and could just never get my mind back into it. Fast forward to now and I am SO ready to do this again. I gained back everything plus about 5 more! Ugh!
I spent the summer with only 2 pair of capris that fit and refused to buy more in this size. I had given away all of my clothes that were too big last summer thinking I would never need them again. This time I am not going through a clinic but doing it on my own with alternative products from Nashua. I've got to get off about 50 lbs and am committed to see it through. I'm hoping to be active in this forum so that I can keep up my motivation. It helps to hear how others are doing and to share tips and ideas. So there you have it, hopefully you didn't nod off reading this!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Jig--congrats on the WI!!! Great job!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig View Post

ROCK IT!!!!!! We are sharing the same WI amounts just about... I gave 5.8 this week I'll get to the point where I can shop in my closet sooner or later...
Closed Thread