Old 10-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #16  
Taking it 1 day at a time

S/C/G: 248/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohjuly7878 View Post
Good morning all.
Stacey, CONGRATS!
Danger: it is so hard to "take one day at a time", isn't it? Sometimes I feel that the best way to "get rid" of an obsession is to give into it for a little while (eg spend an hour on this website and soak in the knowledge)... then return to "normal" life.... I find that when I do that, I am less impatient afterwards.
Wishing all IPeeps a great week!
Ohjuly, Thank you! Distraction is a fantastic idea, I especially love lurking on the Maintainers board... Their stories are all so real! I mean, it really drives the point home that I have to be okay with changing my eating habits or I will end up gaining again. I was talking to my MIL last night, and I told her that I am going to have to "pick my battles" with food when I am on maintainence. Meaning that if I decide to have Mac n' Cheese, I am going to have to compensate the next day or two to keep my body from reverting back to being a fat storage facility. She told me that she didn't think that she personally would be able to do that, but that she knows that somehow I will be able to find the strength. I love her, lol. Thank you again!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohjuly7878 View Post
Good morning all.
Stacey, CONGRATS!
Danger: it is so hard to "take one day at a time", isn't it? Sometimes I feel that the best way to "get rid" of an obsession is to give into it for a little while (eg spend an hour on this website and soak in the knowledge)... then return to "normal" life.... I find that when I do that, I am less impatient afterwards.
Wishing all IPeeps a great week!
Ohjuly7878-Very sage advice!!

This is NOT the worst obsession we can have during this time in our lives and through this journey. In fact...beginning to doubt without it...one can't be successful. This has to be all consuming or else it's too easy to lose sight of the goal. This is not a casual endeavor.

Last edited by 65X65; 10-28-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #18  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I agree completely with coming to these boards to "soak in the knowledge" and keep up my motivation. I do it daily! I really think these discussions are the biggest factor in staying dedicated to this. Knowing I am not alone in this goal is like a warm hug.

Looking forward to my weigh in tonight. My bathroom scale at home this morning had me at 192 - which is down -6.8 pounds in one week. I know my coach's scale will be higher (later in the day, wearing clothes vs pj's etc) but I still think it will be a great loss week!

Have a great day everyone,
Kathy
Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all! Sounds like everyone had a successful weekend OP and with the scales! I had a NSVweekend as well! I went out of town with friends to Gulf Shores and definitely had a trying weekend! We ate out for EVERY meal. Beignets/Pancakes for breakfast and fried shrimp for lunch. I stayed OP the whole time, thankfully the restaurants had a salad bar!

Sometimes I wish you lost a pound for every donut/pizza you said no to! I'd be at goal in a heartbeat!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #20  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Congrats to all on NSV and SV this past week and weekend.

Ems, I so admire your willpower. I love baked goods and pastries. My own weakness has always been wedding cake. After attending several weddings since starting IP, and staying OP, as well as traveling for work and leisure, I realized I could do this! It is empowering to feel the control is mine, and not food's power over me. I believe it only comes from reaching a point where I was ready to change my life. I was soooooo ready when I started IP, and will never regret it!

Danger, I am so thankful for the Maintenance thread as well. Maintenance has been going well for me so far, in great part due to the support from that thread and the daily chat.

Here's to all my IPeeps!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

dak1lls, you're so right! I have realized that I have control too. So important. Since this go-around has been a re-start for me, I also had to get into that mindset of committing...again!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi all! I had my weigh in this morning, -2.6 which is pretty good for me (I am not one who lets the lbs go easily). It was also a hard week for me last week as I was traveling, I ate too many packets in lieu of real food to just avoid having to figure out something to eat. I am now two lbs away from my mini goal (at the clinic, at home I have already made it!) but I am holding out on my eyeshadow prize until the clinics scale says 182. I am so scared/excited to get to 179 however, it will be my lowest adult weight. My weight loss just this week has become apparent and lots of people are commenting on it. It is exciting and scary at the same time!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #23  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Good evening IPeeps!

I woke up with a cold this morning... Not a good start to my week... At least I could tell I was starting to get sick yesterday and ran to walmart to get some cold meds (So glad I have this forum, because I searched what kind of meds I should get to stay OP, and there were some posts on in it in the past! so happy!)
So Hopefully this cold goes away fast, and doesnt effect my weight any...
Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #24  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
I am now two lbs away from my mini goal (at the clinic, at home I have already made it!) but I am holding out on my eyeshadow prize until the clinics scale says 182. I am so scared/excited to get to 179 however, it will be my lowest adult weight. My weight loss just this week has become apparent and lots of people are commenting on it. It is exciting and scary at the same time!
Way to go on just about making it to that mini-goal! That is such a great feeling! I may have to follow your lead and create a few mini-goals for me, especially to make it through Thanksgiving successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I woke up with a cold this morning... Not a good start to my week...
I sure hope the meds help and you feel better soon.

Wow, this weekend sure flew by! I feel like I need two more days...ugh. One NSV for me was successfully hosting a PartyLite candle party yesterday. Hubby and I made the snacks, I had some friends up, and we had a nice time! The toughest part for me was pouring the wine, and that wasn't even so bad! Yay! I hope that, by trying to be social and involve myself while still making good decisions, I am preparing myself for maintenance. (Also excited to get some holiday candles- I love them! If anyone would like to order, PM me- I will gladly share the link.)

Now, onward to prep for the rest of the week. With Halloween and a teacher professional day, it's a bit of a short week.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #25  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hello all,

Good week for me, the scales at WI6 had me down only 1.6 but I was ok with that, just refused to think it was the beginning of some massive slow down. Went to a cocktail party Sat evening with DH, lots of people I hadn't seen since I started IP and the reaction was very positive! I found it easy to eat cauliflower and drink soda water! Got up yesterday, my scaled showed a 2 lb loss!! Go figure, LOL! Here's the thing about IP - small or large, you know your going to see a loss month over month.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Good evening every one! Happy Monday!!

Congrats on the scale movers and NSV's! Wow good for you all!

One week down on P2, all is well, no scale moving though, in either directions. I'm happy.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Exclamation Old Navy is having a Sale on Jeans

Ok until Wed Old navy is having a sale on all their jeans. SO I actually spent money on myself (not just purses or earrings) but I actually bought myself some jeans- one pair for now and one for later in a few weeks. I got a size 16 Diva boot cut and a size 14 Diva Boot cut both regular online code is ONTAKE25 for 25% off order total!

So lets see how they fit when I get them

Also today was pretty good 100% but I struggled today so bad it was hard for me. But tomorrow is a new day. I found tht th RTD vanilla shake and some decaf coffee (STRONG coffee) is good. Someone posted that a while ago and I remembered!!! I only used half a vanilla today for my one iced coffee if you call it that.

Any who have a great night

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-28-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

PrincessPeacock: How do you feel? Find anything good at Dollar Tree?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #29  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
whoo hoo!

If you add carbonated water to the drink packet mixes they taste so good and they do fill you up!!
What a great idea! I never thought of that! thanks!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #30  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday all:

Congrats to all on the NSVs, the scale milestones, the new sizes and on staying on plan ... Especially in those tough situations.

I was away this weekend so I missed weigh in. And missed spending time on the board. Stayed OP but it felt a little harder this trip - could be that I'm a week out from TOM or just settling in to the long and winding road of weight loss with the losses slowing...or it could be all the Halloween goodies. But I stayed strong. And I'm happy about it. Clothes are really loose now so that's a great reward. Maybe some on sale ON jeans are in order?

Have a great week all. IP POWER!

Agree 65...not a casual endeavor at all. Focus and determination are required

I too love to lurk on the maintenance thread...soaking it all up like a sponge. It inspires me and also is a great dose of reality in terms of continuing the focus.

Lisa: hope Sunday night wasn't too cold. sorry that one didn't go your way.

Night all.
Closed Thread