Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 6/28/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Happy Friday everyone! Feeling really good after getting back on track after my six week phase-off/maintenance. While i didn't gain any weight, i feel much more comfortable with the restrictions of phase one for now. Can't wait to see the scale start moving to lower numbers again!

Last edited by BrittStar027; 06-28-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

No change at WI for me today. Be patient grasshopper...These last few pounds will go
Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #4  

My clinic has raised prices again.
Pretty much solidified my decision. That, coupled with the fact that she wouldn't exchange unopened, unexpired boxes for other boxes of products.
So, if I could just figure out how to make the Potato Puree, or a reasonable substitute, I'd be all set. I already have plain protein powder & all the spices. Just need to experiment with that & how to get a chocolate protein powder to be more "puddingy". It is more than just gelatin b/c I've already tried that. Gelatin firms it up but doesn't give it the thick & creamy texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
No change at WI for me today. Be patient grasshopper...These last few pounds will go
Me too. Mine has been bouncing around this week...up 2, down .5, down, down, up, down, down up. But the net result is the same, or maybe a little up. My PT has increased strength more in legs so I know it'll all equal out in the end but...geez...its nice when the weight come off.
I like the whooshes, too & that seems to be my MO.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-28-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

I know what you mean. I go for a couple of weeks with no change and then lose 2-3 all at once. I plan to start riding my bike to strengthen my legs, so I may remain on a slow path to goal.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So, if I could just figure out how to make the Potato Puree, or a reasonable substitute, I'd be all set.
You can try the Dixie Diner Mashers, and add a little unflavored protein powder to make up for the protein.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #7  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I already have plain protein powder & all the spices. Just need to experiment with that & how to get a chocolate protein powder to be more "puddingy". It is more than just gelatin b/c I've already tried that. Gelatin firms it up but doesn't give it the thick & creamy texture.
xanthan gum maybe?
Old 06-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #8  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

Hello, everyone! I'm brand new to this forum. I'll be starting IP on Monday (just had my initial consultation yesterday). I'm looking forward to getting back to a comfortable weight! I just finished my first year of law school, during which I put on 34 lbs. I'm aiming to lose that, plus an additional 30.

I'm excited and feeling motivated, but at the same time, very nervous about gaining everything back after the fact. I had success with Atkins 10 years ago, and over time I eventually gained back 2x what I'd lost in the first place. I can't let that happen again!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Morning everyone, things seem to be going well in maintenance for me with losing 1 lbs this week. I am still a little lost and scared on what to eat for snacks . Does anyone have any ideas.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning all!!

I have my very first WI today. Can't say I notice a difference yet but hopefully the inches say something different. I'm impatient Just need to keep reminding myself I didn't put on all this weight overnight and it will take time.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!

So I was looking at recipes and went and got a cheese grater to make the cauliflower rice. I must have gotten one that was too small, because now I just have shredded cauliflower. (its kinda smelly too) But I was thinking it would probably be a good thing to use when trying to make the mashed potatoes, but I figured I would check in with all of you food guru's to see if anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrwelmd View Post
Hello, everyone! I'm brand new to this forum. I'll be starting IP on Monday (just had my initial consultation yesterday). I'm looking forward to getting back to a comfortable weight! I just finished my first year of law school, during which I put on 34 lbs. I'm aiming to lose that, plus an additional 30.

I'm excited and feeling motivated, but at the same time, very nervous about gaining everything back after the fact. I had success with Atkins 10 years ago, and over time I eventually gained back 2x what I'd lost in the first place. I can't let that happen again!
I lost 100 on Atkins 10 years ago. Over 10 years I gained about 85 of it back.
Doing the same thing over & over expecting different results is the definition of insanity so I knew I needed to do something differently this time.

I'm learning a LOT, especially a new attitude of acceptance and how to look at food differently. With Atkins, I never stopped overeating. It allows a LOT more food than IP does.

Now I know if there is a food that causes me cravings, it is not worth having in my life and it has to go.

Maintenance will have to be a full-time job, as well, especially at first.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #13  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Good morning. I am officially in P4 and maintenance for nearly a week. I have experimented with nibbles of food and watch scale like a hawk. Exercise is a key for management. As I eat a few of the foods I have "dreamed" of while on P1, not that impressed.

Today I am loading up on my fresh veggies from a farmers market and making zucchini noodles with a chicken sausage tomato sauce. The rest of the family will have their sauce over regular noodles.

Enjoy the day!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #14  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

Quote:
I lost 100 on Atkins 10 years ago. Over 10 years I gained about 85 of it back.
Doing the same thing over & over expecting different results is the definition of insanity so I knew I needed to do something differently this time.

I'm learning a LOT, especially a new attitude of acceptance and how to look at food differently. With Atkins, I never stopped overeating. It allows a LOT more food than IP does.

Now I know if there is a food that causes me cravings, it is not worth having in my life and it has to go.

Maintenance will have to be a full-time job, as well, especially at first.
I've never been able to maintain an exercise regimen for more than a few months at a time, so that will be the first thing I have to change. While I was on Atkins, I was pretty much never hungry. So, I wasn't overeating, but the kinds of things I got away with eating were so bad. I would go through the McD's drive thru and order a diet soda and cheeseburger with mustard only, throw the bun away, and call it a meal. No bueno, but I still lost weight. Obviously, it did nothing for me in the long run. I hope to develop much better eating habits with IP.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #15  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Lisa, I think you are right, maintenance must be a full time job and that is a great mindset. P1 has been for me! The vigilance required to maintain weight and health as we age is time consuming. However, I rather do that than manage how I felt and the health issues I had while I was heavier.
Closed Thread