3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who started August 2013? Part II :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii.html)

ReenHag 10-07-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4856687)
It's great that you were in control of the menu and had lots of OP options. I am a football fanatic and love when the season starts. Unfortunately, I don't get to see my team unless we go to a sports bar or grill, so it is challenging sitting there while everyone drinks beer and munches on appetizers for several hours, but it is totally doable.

Definitely was great! I was so nervous, but we made it happen. It was easier since my hubby (who is the cook in our house) is OP, too. We may have guests again this weekend, so I discussed with hubby about breakfast...crepes, pancakes, etc. would be my downfall!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4856687)
I notice our stats are very similar. I started May 13th and lost 50 lbs as of September 30th. I am down another 2 lbs and have started to phase off. You will definitely hit your goal weight before you know it. I know this is an individual journey, but I was always looking at other's stats to get an idea of how long it might take me to lose the weight. Plus, it is encouraging to see that others have done well at this, and it is possible. I am excited to see your progress!

Thanks for the support! As you mentioned, I do look at others' stats to get a feel of how I am doing so far. Guess I should not compare myself in a negative way to others, but using the stats for strictly informational purposes is helpful.

Best of luck to you, too! Have a great OP week! :D

slownsteady 10-08-2013 08:08 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

I love Fall in the Midwest! Cool, crispy nights, and the days sunny, breezy and, well......perfect! No humidity, a few leaves scattering and skipping along the streets, the tips of trees turning a bright orange. Ahhhhh. Life is good! :)

I will be on vacation for 10 days, leaving Thursday - going to see family so won't have to worry about hotel and restaurant food as being my only choices! I am driving, so am taking my smoothie blender with me, and all of the IP packs I'll be needing. Will be lots of cooking and good food around of course, but everyone knows I am on IP, are very supportive, and I feel strong and am confident things will go well!

Have a great day, everyone!!

AliExpat 10-08-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4857462)
Good Morning Everyone!

I love Fall in the Midwest! Cool, crispy nights, and the days sunny, breezy and, well......perfect! No humidity, a few leaves scattering and skipping along the streets, the tips of trees turning a bright orange. Ahhhhh. Life is good! :)

I will be on vacation for 10 days, leaving Thursday - going to see family so won't have to worry about hotel and restaurant food as being my only choices! I am driving, so am taking my smoothie blender with me, and all of the IP packs I'll be needing. Will be lots of cooking and good food around of course, but everyone knows I am on IP, are very supportive, and I feel strong and am confident things will go well!

Hey slownsteady!!! You're going on vacation too?!?!? Wow, me too, going to see Hubby's family for two weeks. I have 2 shakers packed and all kinds of IP food. I'm hoping it's easy (since I'm not bringing any IP foods to microwave). Good luck with the plan and enjoy your time away!!!!

MsKitty 10-08-2013 10:54 AM

Usual WI day today; however I won't be going to clinic due to being on the road this week. Stopped at a clinic in another town to pick up product. When I asked to buy two boxes from them, they asked me all sort of questions such as: are you on the diet?, where do you usually go to, ect..Once I answered everything; they explained they only sell to those following IP protocol. I was truly surprised at how guarded they acted. He did gfinally let me purchase 2 boxes. After all that I go to step on scale this morning and it is not working. Just my luck. I will hope for big SWOOSH nest week at regular WI. It will be exactly two months on program at that time.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.

looseitall 10-08-2013 11:38 AM

I started aug 15 2013..weight in and 251 and no im at 211 pounds and keep going strong!

MidgieMoon 10-08-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4856850)
I like that comment about loving life! Although I am very content in my life with my husband and three children, I was not always loving my PERSONAL life. Always waking up in the morning, hating myself for not being able to control my weight, mad at whatever I ate the day before, bemoaning my ability to direct my life.

That has not been the case on IP - I wake up deciding what I am going to do to be a more bit active, looking forward to the day, playing mind games with myself about what clothes in my closet might fit and what I can shuffle off down to the thrift store because they no longer fit.

I wear makeup, care about what clothes I have on (since now I have a choice of more than one), I have more energy, I smile more and do not let myself feel down about anything.

That's so awesome, me too! I never wore make up, but I do now :)

MidgieMoon 10-08-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsKitty (Post 4857597)
Usual WI day today; however I won't be going to clinic due to being on the road this week. Stopped at a clinic in another town to pick up product. When I asked to buy two boxes from them, they asked me all sort of questions such as: are you on the diet?, where do you usually go to, ect..Once I answered everything; they explained they only sell to those following IP protocol. I was truly surprised at how guarded they acted. He did gfinally let me purchase 2 boxes. After all that I go to step on scale this morning and it is not working. Just my luck. I will hope for big SWOOSH nest week at regular WI. It will be exactly two months on program at that time.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.

I had an experience like that at my clinic. I was awy on business (which they KNEW!) and I stopped in to replenish but couldn't sty for a WI (I went 2 days later) The person gave me a hard time because I hadn't weighed in for over a week, and "IP is a medical program, and you MUST be seen to buy product." I got kind of snarky because she ticked me off, and said, "if you look at my file, I am a superstar on this program, so sell me my cereal and I'll see you in two days!" For the money I spend they should be thanking me! I went back for my WI 2 days later, and had lost another 2.8 pounds :). Revenge was sweet that day!

MelissaKate73 10-08-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Good Morning Everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4857569)
Hey slownsteady!!! You're going on vacation too?!?!? Wow, me too, going to see Hubby's family for two weeks. I have 2 shakers packed and all kinds of IP food. I'm hoping it's easy (since I'm not bringing any IP foods to microwave). Good luck with the plan and enjoy your time away!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your tips and tricks for staying OP while on vacation. I'm going on a cruise the 2nd week of November, so I've been reading through old posts about cruising while on IP. I love reading about how people follow the plan in unique situations! Have fun and safe travels to both of you!

slownsteady 10-08-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4857791)
TO ALL AUGUSTERS - I have posted to two other threads a plea for civility on this site. Please, for those who started with me in August and who have been such a support to me, do not let us lose each other. We have something in common in when we started this, but we are all very different people from different places with different challenges.

Please let us all stay civil and kind and show love towards those f us who share this August thread so that we can join together in our successes, our challenges and even our sorrows?

I so agree, Schenectady! I think we actually do pretty well on this thread, keeping drama to a minimum. I think for the most part, as a group we are respectful of and not threatened by differences of opinion, and are supportive without being 'preachy'. In other words, we have simple common courtesy and respect for each other (and don't take ourselves too seriously! :)).

How about stepping back and giving someone the benefit of a doubt when they post? After all, most people have very good intentions. I would never want to discourage someone from posting and sharing, because they are afraid to be misinterpreted or ridiculed! Having said that, on the flip side it is also glaringly obvious when intentions are not the best. And there is no more room on this thread for snide, thinly veiled personal references and criticism than there is for outright personal attacks. Both are meant to hurt and intimidate.

My hope is that this thread will be a place of support, acceptance and camaraderie! How about we all just follow the simple "Thumper" philosophy....."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" :) So simple! :)

Agree......we Augusters (and anyone else who wants to join in this thread) need to stick together and 'not lose each other' in the drama that sometimes runs rampant on the forum. Let's lighten up and set a positive tone! :hug:

65X65 10-09-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Good Morning Everyone!

Enjoy time off with family!

slownsteady 10-09-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4858283)
Enjoy time off with family!

Thanks 65!

NSV here! Was going through my closet yesterday, and pulled out a pair of pants I'd worn a couple of years ago when I'd dropped some weight, expecting just to try them on to see how far I had to go before I could wear them again -- and they fit perfectly!! THANKS! I needed that!! :carrot:

65X65 10-09-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4858343)
Thanks 65!

NSV here! Was going through my closet yesterday, and pulled out a pair of pants I'd worn a couple of years ago when I'd dropped some weight, expecting just to try them on to see how far I had to go before I could wear them again -- and they fit perfectly!! THANKS! I needed that!! :carrot:

Toldjya!! Gotta love it when your SIZE changes...size matters!!:cp::dancer:

AliExpat 10-09-2013 10:24 AM

Good Morning Augusters!!!!

Happy to report that we have yet another co-worker looking to start IP!! That would bring our office to a total of 5 IP-ers at the same time. It's great to have office support AND 3FC support, it just makes things easier.

schenectady 10-09-2013 11:00 AM

Stop in another clinic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsKitty (Post 4857597)

What sort of inquisition was that other clinic going after? I can see that maybe, maybe, for liability reasons they might want to verify that you are on IP, but the rest of that seems really intrusive and insulting. It makes you winder what their regular clients might go through?

Those weeks with no loss can be soooo frustrating because although our brains know the possible 'why' of that, the heart takes it a little harder. My two month WI is next week and I am sitting at the same weight. Like you, I would like to see a whoosh to mark the end of two months, but I am trying to prepare myself.

Hang in there with us all and look forward to some good weigh ins and ANOTHER month on IP together!

Rockabillygirl 10-09-2013 07:02 PM

Happy Wednesday!
I've been too busy to post this week but I've caught up on my reading now. Glad to see all the positive energy flowing!

My 7th WI is tomorrow. I'm down 27 lbs. and would LOVE to hit the 30 lb mark but I realize that may be asking too much. I've been 100% OP since Day 1 (how amazing is that? I've never been on a diet where I really felt cheating a little now and then wasn't an option!) We shall see what the scale does.

I'll check in again tomorrow.

Have a great evening, everyone!