3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who started August 2013? Part II :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii.html)

ecdcslim 10-17-2013 03:03 PM

Hi Augusters, just checking in. Anxious about my weigh in on Sat for WI 5 as I skipped WI 4 because I was in Napa. Forgot my supplements today, everything is out of wack!

Congrats to slownsteady for staying OP!!

MsKitty, I TOTALLY get it, but hang in there, it's working!

MidgieMoon 10-17-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4863361)
Thanks everyone! I'm hoping I can hang on for another 10 days! I take that back..... I know I can!

There you go! Love the mindset!

lighthouse101 10-18-2013 01:01 AM

Hi Augusters,

So glad this week is almost over - it's been a stress fest and I struggled to make sure I got all my foods/water in with a crazy work schedule. Did it though and had a good WI this am of 2.8! I have a mini-goal of 25 lbs by next Thursday, which is my B-day. I'm almost there! Hoping for another week to meet that goal!

Hope you all have a good Friday tomorrow!

Rockabillygirl 10-18-2013 09:42 AM

TGIF! It's been a long week!

I had a couple of days when my schedule was crazy and I didn't get in all 4 cups of veggies and was a little short on water intake. So my WI #8 on Thursday was disappointing -- down .09. But I lost 2" off my hips so that's something! I am having WI #9 on Tuesday before I leave for a 6-day trip. I'll be attending a vintage jewelry collectors' convention in Providence, RI and I am planning on staying OP. The challenges will be getting enough of what IP requires. I'm not worried about eating the wrong things -- my will is strong! But I may end up doing boot camp some of the time if protein isn't readily available. The meals will be buffets and I am expecting the only thing I will be able to eat will be lettuce!

Okay, time to get in the shower and get ready for work. I hope you all have a great Friday and a great weekend!!

ecdcslim 10-18-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4865202)
TGIF! It's been a long week!

I had a couple of days when my schedule was crazy and I didn't get in all 4 cups of veggies and was a little short on water intake. So my WI #8 on Thursday was disappointing -- down .09. But I lost 2" off my hips so that's something! I am having WI #9 on Tuesday before I leave for a 6-day trip. I'll be attending a vintage jewelry collectors' convention in Providence, RI and I am planning on staying OP. The challenges will be getting enough of what IP requires. I'm not worried about eating the wrong things -- my will is strong! But I may end up doing boot camp some of the time if protein isn't readily available. The meals will be buffets and I am expecting the only thing I will be able to eat will be lettuce! !

Rockabillygirl - look for lean meats or boiled shrimp on the buffets for your meals. I started carrying celery sticks -2 cups in a ziplock with the salt - and that helped tons. I also carry tuna in a pouch - you'll need several but easy to carry, and you can eat them right out of the pouch with a fork. It was never hard for me to find water to mix for protein shakes - I also find the IP cereal really easy too. Good luck, it's manageable.

MidgieMoon 10-18-2013 07:13 PM

Hi, I had my WI today an was down 0.8, but lost 2 inches. I was looking forward to a slower week, as I feel like I have lost a lot weight quickly and my brain wasn't seeing the new me.! My totalloss is 33.4 pounds since Augus 9th. Hubby and I are off on a diving vacation in 3 weeks, so hoping to make it 40 pounds off before we go so I can wear the bikini he bought me!

Cheers!!

ReenHag 10-19-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4865059)
So glad this week is almost over - it's been a stress fest and I struggled to make sure I got all my foods/water in with a crazy work schedule. Did it though and had a good WI this am of 2.8! I have a mini-goal of 25 lbs by next Thursday, which is my B-day. I'm almost there!

Happy Birthday! My b-day is Thursday, too. I hope you get the gift you want-achieving that mini-goal!! :hat:

vachinyc 10-19-2013 11:14 AM

Hi August-ers

Just checking in. Had my weigh in today. Still losing pounds - albeit more slowly - and inches.

In the TMI category - I am having some big C challenges even though I am drinking Calm and taking colonRX. We are going to add the enzymes moving forward to see if that helps. I have had both digestive issues (on a PII) and C issues for most of my life so I think it is more of the same.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend. It's definitely more Fall-like here now and I love it.

Wishing you all IP POWER and a great weekend.

Rockabillygirl 10-19-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4865379)
Rockabillygirl - look for lean meats or boiled shrimp on the buffets for your meals. I started carrying celery sticks -2 cups in a ziplock with the salt - and that helped tons. I also carry tuna in a pouch - you'll need several but easy to carry, and you can eat them right out of the pouch with a fork. It was never hard for me to find water to mix for protein shakes - I also find the IP cereal really easy too. Good luck, it's manageable.

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't thought of taking tuna -- that's a great idea! I've attended these conventions before and the buffets tend to have everything swimming in sauce and are usually very carb-heavy. But maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

On another note, my favorite cousin, who does not know I'm on IP, surprised me by sending a package that arrived yesterday . . . containing a batch of her "best in show" at the local fair fudge! DOH!! I have a club meeting tomorrow so I called the lady who brings snacks and told her I'll be bringing fudge! Strangely enough, the thing I feel bad about isn't that I can't have any, it's that I don't want my cousin to know her time, effort, and money for postage were wasted!

Have a great day, everyone!

vachinyc 10-19-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4865856)
On another note, my favorite cousin, who does not know I'm on IP, surprised me by sending a package that arrived yesterday . . . containing a batch of her "best in show" at the local fair fudge! DOH!! I have a club meeting tomorrow so I called the lady who brings snacks and told her I'll be bringing fudge! Strangely enough, the thing I feel bad about isn't that I can't have any, it's that I don't want my cousin to know her time, effort, and money for postage were wasted!

Ah, not wasted....just think how many people will get enjoyment from it :)

Great willpower! And what a sweet cousin.

ecdcslim 10-19-2013 11:45 AM

Good morning all! Ok had WI 5 this am and down 6.4 lbs! Very happy with that. Challenge is that I have lost muscle. So coach explained that I need to eat an extra protein RIGHT AFTER I work out that is in addition to my normal 3.5-4 hr cycle. So haven't been doing that. Also, since I don't eat any meat, we researched the fish and it turns out that 8oz of shrimp only has 200 calories whereas an 8 oz chicken breast has 398 cals so I'm not getting enough calories. Shrimp, white tuna, swordfish, are significantly lower in calories and that could be why I'm hungry. So lots of things to try this week.

lighthouse101 10-19-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4865756)
Happy Birthday! My b-day is Thursday, too. I hope you get the gift you want-achieving that mini-goal!! :hat:

A Happy Birthday to you too! How do you plan to celebrate without cake and all?

ReenHag 10-20-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4866110)
A Happy Birthday to you too! How do you plan to celebrate without cake and all?

Thanks! Think I will celebrate by lighting a candle and looking at myself in the mirror. :celebrate: THAT will be better than any cake! Also asking hubby to prepare scallops for dinner- they're such a yummy dinner and OP! How about you?

So excited this morning at WI- down 2.8 more pounds and officially out of the 160's! :broc: :woo: No holding my breath, but hoping to be in Phase Two by Thanksgiving! (I can handle just turkey and veg this year if it means a happier, healthier me!)

lighthouse101 10-20-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4866337)
Thanks! Think I will celebrate by lighting a candle and looking at myself in the mirror. :celebrate: THAT will be better than any cake! Also asking hubby to prepare scallops for dinner- they're such a yummy dinner and OP! How about you?

So excited this morning at WI- down 2.8 more pounds and officially out of the 160's! :broc: :woo: No holding my breath, but hoping to be in Phase Two by Thanksgiving! (I can handle just turkey and veg this year if it means a happier, healthier me!)

Congrats on a great WI! Your progress is amazing! I'll probably celebrate by doing something fun on the weekend that's not food related, probably a dive or maybe go dancing. It will be the first B-day in many years that won't be celebrated by going out to dinner, cake, alcohol, etc. I don't think I'll miss it though! I agree - the gift of losing weight and taking care of my body is much better.

ReenHag 10-20-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4866455)
Congrats on a great WI! Your progress is amazing! I'll probably celebrate by doing something fun on the weekend that's not food related, probably a dive or maybe go dancing. It will be the first B-day in many years that won't be celebrated by going out to dinner, cake, alcohol, etc. I don't think I'll miss it though! I agree - the gift of losing weight and taking care of my body is much better.

Thanks for your kind comments! This program is amazing, motivating, and it works! I did not believe I would have this kind of success.

Enjoy whatever fun activity you do for your b-day. A dive sounds so cool! You must be somewhere warm...I am jealous!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.