3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who started August 2013? Part II :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii.html)

nolasmurf 10-14-2013 06:27 PM

Hey team August. Just wanted to swing by and check in on the thread. I've been lurking the past few days after my terrible Saturday. Went WAY off plan, so I'm not expecting a big loss this week. It's pay week this week so one more week with the coach. I'm going to buy a little extra IP stuff then it's on the alts. I just can't keep spending the $85+ each week. I dread "breaking up" with my coach. He's such a nice guy but I don't get as much from him as I do the threads. I was going to do it last week but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm such a chicken sometimes!

After my honey's accident on Thursday night (passed out and hit his head) then the Warrior Dash on Saturday it was a tough weekend. The Warrior dash by the way is hard as heck! I pulled a calf muscle about half way thru and avoided most of the wall obstacles. I just don't have any upper body strength plus being terrified of heights! All in all I want to do it again next year but plan to be in better shape!

anyway enough of my rambling! Have a great week!

lighthouse101 10-14-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4862211)
And so I'm mourning but I'm also rejoicing and trying to turn that corner in my mind. I know that I have to turn that corner and put that way of eating and being around food firmly behind me or I'll just be back right where I started and all of this was for nothing. It is a journey, that's for sure.

Yup, it's a bit of both isn't it? I hope that during this journey I can develop the self-control I will need to be around lots of different foods again once maintenance starts, but I don't know that I will. I think I am a food addict and need to stay away from certain things for good that may trigger a reversion back to my old habits. So that is a worry in the back of my mind.

On the other hand, I did some closet shopping this morning and was so thrilled that I can wear a size L in a top now - the XLs are really too big now. I'm already looking forward to when the Ls start getting too baggy too! Do I mind trading a big plate of my favorite foods for that experience? Heck no!

schenectady 10-14-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4862376)
Hey team August. Just wanted to swing by and check in on the thread. I've been lurking the past few days after my terrible Saturday. Went WAY off plan, so I'm not expecting a big loss this week. It's pay week this week so one more week with the coach. I'm going to buy a little extra IP stuff then it's on the alts. I just can't keep spending the $85+ each week. I dread "breaking up" with my coach. He's such a nice guy but I don't get as much from him as I do the threads. I was going to do it last week but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm such a chicken sometimes!

Given that we are all human, challenges in our life can cause one to slip sidewise a bit - you certainly had a rough week.

But the important part is that you are BACK and ready to hit the ground running. Hang around here and you will be back to where you want to be.

I can understand feeling bad about the coach when he has been so kindly but money is money. My daughter and her husband go but I use alternatives and an occasional IP product on their order. I do not see a whole bunch of difference in the rate of loss between the two females involved so I think watching the labels on the alternatives one can certainly paly along that way with no perceptible difference.

Since money can be a factor, whatever works to get you going is what must be considered?

schenectady 10-14-2013 06:53 PM

That's the attitude
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4862384)
Yup, it's a bit of both isn't it? I hope that during this journey I can develop the self-control I will need to be around lots of different foods again once maintenance starts, but I don't know that I will. I think I am a food addict and need to stay away from certain things for good that may trigger a reversion back to my old habits. So that is a worry in the back of my mind.

On the other hand, I did some closet shopping this morning and was so thrilled that I can wear a size L in a top now - the XLs are really too big now. I'm already looking forward to when the Ls start getting too baggy too! Do I mind trading a big plate of my favorite foods for that experience? Heck no!

I could not agree more - the absolute DELIGHT of digging smaller things out of the dark recesses of my closet is a much longer lasting delight than the Austrian pastries I would love to eat. Bigger kick standing in front of the mirror wearing something other than old lady fat clothes! Honestly.

slownsteady 10-14-2013 10:22 PM

Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!

cooker77 10-15-2013 12:11 PM

Wow! Good for you. I hope I can do the same during my upcoming trip!

lisa32989 10-15-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4862527)
Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!

Keep up the good work and enjoy your time away!
I found this on one of my vacations, too. I could find salads easily enough. The veggies were a tad more difficult (except for green beans, which are occasional)

MidgieMoon 10-15-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4862527)
Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!

Yay for you!!!!!

slownsteady 10-15-2013 09:38 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping I can hang on for another 10 days! I take that back..... I know I can!

schenectady 10-16-2013 11:23 AM

Congratulations!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4862527)
Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!

Sometimes those successes are almost sweeter than the weight loss because it means your mind is truly wrapping itself around this new way of living day to day, regardless of where we are or what we are doing.

Congratulations and lets keep these Augusters on a fast roll!

MsKitty 10-16-2013 02:13 PM

Well, yesterday's WI -1.5 lbs. I about started to cry. I told my coach I was done. She then measured and I was down 4 3/4 inches. I was baffled. I am going to stay on IP, after reading post here. They are so supportive and encouraging. This forum is golden. Thanks for being here.
I hope everyone has a great hump day.

lisa32989 10-16-2013 02:18 PM

MsKitty:
You know weight loss is like a roller coaster, right? It is up hill & down hill...never a straight line.
It is ALL good.
Look at each weigh-in as a SINGLE data point in the overall trend

schenectady 10-16-2013 03:08 PM

Don't give up the ship!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsKitty (Post 4863907)
Well, yesterday's WI -1.5 lbs. I about started to cry. I told my coach I was done. She then measured and I was down 4 3/4 inches. I was baffled. I am going to stay on IP, after reading post here. They are so supportive and encouraging. This forum is golden. Thanks for being here.
I hope everyone has a great hump day.

DO NOT QUIT, MsKitty! It is hard, very hard, when you work diligently and the danged scale gives you a big raspberry. However, those inches should have given you an idea that you are still sailing on.

Hang in there even if the weight loss is slow. We do not win at this battle except by hanging in there. The scale will go DOWN and that is what counts. When you reach goal and can wear all those cool new clothes and walk with a real spring in your step, you will chuckle at what you have been through. (I will let Lisa do the technical talk about scales, weight and stuff because she is so much better at it than I am).

Exercise patience and the scale will fall.

slownsteady 10-17-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4863774)
Sometimes those successes are almost sweeter than the weight loss because it means your mind is truly wrapping itself around this new way of living day to day, regardless of where we are or what we are doing.

Congratulations and lets keep these Augusters on a fast roll!

You are spot-on Schenectady! Also about keeping my eye on the prize of getting the new cute clothes eventually! It will definitely all be worth it!!

Has anyone heard from Deana?:?:

clbott 10-17-2013 11:39 AM

Weigh in #9 down -.4 lbs. I'll take it.

I have been sick for the last few days. Sore throat, headaches, fatigue, the whole deal, I haven't really been eating much, it hurts to swallow.

I didn't measure, I didn't want anyone that close to me. I am 2.1 lbs from my mini goal of 10% of my starting body weight gone. Going to adjust my goal to a later date (crossing fingers for next week!)

Have a great day everyone!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.