Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #16  

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I have spent several days scanning and searching this forum as I hope to start IP this week. I tend to eat a low carb diet on a regular basis. I eat very little processed foods and the majority of my carb intake comes from vegetables (and alcohol...lol). I have about 20 pounds to lose and am wondering if there is anyone out there that started the diet with a low carb background and if they were successful. I realize that I will not have big losses like many others....but will I see losses that will make the program worth the money? Any experiences welcome....or if anyone can point out a thread that may help....thanks!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #17  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post

Today I have finally reached my first 25 ibs loss !! I am so excited and rediscovering some clothes in my closet that were too tight !! What a great feeling ! Went to a big birthday luncheon on Saturday and was able to actually stay on track by being very careful on the food I was putting in my mouth even though saying NO to the roasted potatoes and the champagne cake was quite tricky !!

Have a great week !
Congrats on 25!!! And great job staying OP at the luncheon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyB View Post
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I have spent several days scanning and searching this forum as I hope to start IP this week. I tend to eat a low carb diet on a regular basis. I eat very little processed foods and the majority of my carb intake comes from vegetables (and alcohol...lol). I have about 20 pounds to lose and am wondering if there is anyone out there that started the diet with a low carb background and if they were successful. I realize that I will not have big losses like many others....but will I see losses that will make the program worth the money? Any experiences welcome....or if anyone can point out a thread that may help....thanks!!!
Hi Mandy, I wasn't low carb when I first started IP but I did take a four month break from it and maintained my losses by staying low carb. I am on my 2nd week of my reboot and I lost 3.5 lbs of the 20ish I still want to lose. So I think even having been low carb to begin with you can still see good losses because unlike the typical low carb diet, this one is also low fat so your body will begin burning more of the fat stores as fuel.

Also keep in mind that 20 lbs is not a lot to lose so our losses will be slower than those that have a lot more to lose. But I still think IP is the way to go...it really does work! Nothing else has ever worked for me the way this does!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday to all! Last week of vacation - I better get working on the "to-do" list I made before I started holidays

Congrats to everyone with good WI's this week - you are all doing fantastic!

It is funny on the bra size issue. I'm on the "big" side - even when I was a smaller body size so I always thought being smaller would be good but then I have a few friends who want to be bigger. The grass does always seem to be greener.

Off to get some cleaning done...

Jo
Old 08-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #19  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday, everyone! I am enjoying a quiet house - school started today, and I need that. Yesterday I had a horrific earache out of nowhere, was late to church because of road construction, drove 40 miles out of my way to Sprouts and couldn't find any decent vegetables except lettuce.

Today is better, earache gone, school supplies removed from front hallway, down at least 2 pounds....hopefully I can find some decent cauliflower and kohlrabi today at Central Market.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
Happy OP Monday. I am starting the week off with a great start. Officially at a healthy BMI. YAY!!!
I do have a question for everyone. How did you come to figure out the lowest weight you wanted to attain? Did you coach help you figure this out? Is it a mental weight that you personally would like to be at? Some clothes that you want to fit again? I ask this because the BMI has 3 ranges for the small, Medium and Large frame sizes!
Congrats on the BMI.
Healthy BMI is my goal weight. I'll reassess after I get there.
My BMI chart doesn't have those ranges. Do you have a link? I have large frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Yup...I'd be annoyed with the doc who did the surgery! Are you considering having another reduction when you get to goal?
Oh my, I doubt it. Painful.
But I may need a panniculectomy (sort've tummy tuck to get rid of lower abdomen "apron") to reduce lower back pain. This'll be pain enuf! I'm such a wimp!

Quote:
Welcome!
I was pretty low carb prior to IP, which meant I didn't get the ketosis flu going into ketosis. You'll see losses. I needed the accountability, which is why I went to an IP clinic, rather than trying it myself.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-26-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #21  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
IP will work, but yes your losses maybe slower due to only needing to lose 20 and your low carb lifestyle prior. I also did not over indulge in carbs, but have lost at a better rate than any other diet with no exercise. Have you looked at the Alternative thread? I do not go to an IP clinic and purchase my food on-line from Nashua Nutrition & GNC. I'm accountable to myself and its about 1/2 the price. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #22  
Junior Member ESQ

S/C/G: 181/169/140

Default Day 1!!

Good morning everyone! After reading these daily chats for a few weeks, studying everything I could from the other boards, I finally got up the guts to make an appointment with our IP clinic, and here we go!! I am a teacher and have one week of freedom left, so I figured if these first few days were the hardest, best not to go through it around teenagers My only concern is the frequency with which I will visit the washroom, but I always drank a lot of water before so I hope that it won't be too different. Do you guys have any breath mints that you recommend for during the day? I am thinking the Listerine strips might be the best way to go.

All of your progress has been amazing and inspiring, and I can't wait to see the numbers drop for me too

Enjoy your day!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinimartini View Post
Good morning everyone! After reading these daily chats for a few weeks, studying everything I could from the other boards, I finally got up the guts to make an appointment with our IP clinic, and here we go!! I am a teacher and have one week of freedom left, so I figured if these first few days were the hardest, best not to go through it around teenagers My only concern is the frequency with which I will visit the washroom, but I always drank a lot of water before so I hope that it won't be too different. Do you guys have any breath mints that you recommend for during the day? I am thinking the Listerine strips might be the best way to go.

All of your progress has been amazing and inspiring, and I can't wait to see the numbers drop for me too

Enjoy your day!
I was told Listerine strips - they have worked so far for me - if you are in the states there may be more choices in mints but I cant find any up here

Good luck with the start!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #24  
Junior Member ESQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
I was told Listerine strips - they have worked so far for me - if you are in the states there may be more choices in mints but I cant find any up here

Good luck with the start!
Thanks!! I'm in BC, so I won't have the same selection either. Luckily i'm a few hours driving distance from the border, so I'll check it out next time.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #25  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinimartini View Post

Enjoy your day!
I also use the Mini Altoids peppermint - recommended by my coach !
Good luck !
Old 08-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #26  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Sorry I haven't been around, active, etc. on here. Between work and my certification class, I have nothing left to give most days. I am beyond exhausted. I am staying OP although eating a little more protein (about 2-3 oz) which my coach has said is okay when keeping a schedule like mine. Otherwise, its all good. Managed two 3-day weekends of conferences and conference food by bringing my own food and then sweet-talking the catering staff into making me grilled chicken and steamed veggies.

I am happy to be done with the class component and now have 2 months of studying to look forward to. I will be happy when this is all over.

Warmest,
Sarah
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #27  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh my, I doubt it. Painful.
But I may need a panniculectomy (sort've tummy tuck to get rid of lower abdomen "apron") to reduce lower back pain. This'll be pain enuf! I'm such a wimp!
Will insurance cover that surgery? I've heard that they sometimes do if your doc is willing to go to bat for you...
Old 08-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #28  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Quote:
Good luck !
Good news! All of the Altoids Smalls are now sweetened with sucrolose, so all five flavors are okay. I found them all at World Market.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Will insurance cover that surgery? I've heard that they sometimes do if your doc is willing to go to bat for you...
I have a doc who will go to bat...I just need to get to goal first...
And then decide if the pain of surgical recovery is worth it (did I mention my wimpyness?)
Old 08-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #30  
Junior Member ESQ

Quote:
Good luck !
I will have to look for those! I know we have regular Altoids in Canada. Thanks!!
Closed Thread