Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

OnMyWay: Very proud of you for stopping to pack your lunch, even if it caused you to be a few minutes late for work. Take care of yourself!

Seems like you have a good handle on it so far!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 08-29-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 172/164/147

Height: 5'5'

Thank you ladies for the feed back, your all so helpful. Lisa, I'm using alternative products. I'm going to weigh in only one time per week and just stick with it!!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 AM   #48  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Planning a nice relaxing 3 day weekend - let's see if I actually get it! Only a few things planned - painting the ceilings, BBQ on Sunday and the normal weekend stuff. I truly plan on taking tomorrow during the day though and spending it doing things I want to do- like reading my book, taking a nap, etc. It's good to remember to pamper ourselves some if we can - it helps a lot.

Dh discovered recently that using 1 to 2 tsps of the potato puree mixed with some spices makes a really great coating for baked pork chops. Totally delicious!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 290/268.4/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinGod View Post
HAs anyone experienced "friends" that try to lure you off your diet...I have one particular friend who I compliment yet no matter how good I look she says NOTHING, when we go out and Im on IP she seems to purposefully tell me to have a drink, enjoy my life without the IP, have one small bite of a no-no food...last time I was on IP she literally worked me over so much that I gave in foolishly. After which she herself lost weight and seems to be okay with herself "losing 5 lbs" but when it comes to my efforts sabotage...We are both attractive women but sometimes it feels like she wants to be the thinner one now and gosh, life isnt a competition, right? I had a friend say because in my early 40's the reason my weight skyrocketed daily in the last month or two was possibly premenopausal...Once I saw the scale climbing daily regardless of the good foods I was eatting and small portions, I thought maybe thyroid but since asking otehrs many say Pre M may be the likely cause. I feel excited to be back on IP but I do worry about the chemicals in Stevia and some products that may be cancer-causing...I have pain in my right side during IP wondering if it is possibly ovaries or kidney stones? Lost 5-6 lbs in first 4 days, staying 100% on IP and hoping to lose the weight consistently. My average weight and highest ever was 130-140....on IP last time I was down to college weight of 127 and stopped....I was fine for almost a year until the recent two months running up the scale at 3-5 lbs a day from 135 to 164...it worried me...I love what IP has done for me before and willing to give it another go around.
Has anyone seen if there is a difference in amount of weight lost if you eat only the items you can have 3 times a day/7 days a week: ie drinks, leek soup, chicken soup as opposed to eatting snacks and spaghetti items? Also, any difference if you drink a lot more water or less? Thanks.
believeinGod - I am so glad you mentioned this, as I have been having the same pain on my right side. It's not debilitating pain; however, it is a nuisance. It is stronger some days than other. I know it isn't my gallbladder, as I had that removed in July. I haven't considered kidney stones.

I went to my doctor this week and had blood work done, as I was concerned about the pain and that the supplements were taking their toll on my liver, etc. The tests didn't show any issues with my liver, kidneys, sugar levels, A1C levels, etc. I feel a little better now that I have had the tests run, but I would still like to be pain free. I am chalking it up to the IP, but I plan on following up with my OBGYN for additional tests. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend seeing your doctor for some lab work. It may help you narrow it down.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #50  

Big US holiday weekend
Is everyone staying OP?

We went to watch a football game at a sports bar last nite. Saw some people I haven't seen since the end of college basketball season. Lots of compliments!

I have so much more energy for socializing now!
I wasn't even interested in the food.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #51  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Big US holiday weekend
Is everyone staying OP?

We went to watch a football game at a sports bar last nite. Saw some people I haven't seen since the end of college basketball season. Lots of compliments!

I have so much more energy for socializing now!
I wasn't even interested in the food.
Big holiday in Canada too

Definitely staying OP, always! Thanks to your inspiration, I made a chicken in the crockpot on Thursday, yum! I'm making shredded barbecue chicken lettuce wraps for supper tonight and when my new stove gets here, I'm going to boil the bones for some fresh chicken stock. Love cooking whole chickens!

I find that too, I'm not as interested in food when we're out socializing. My son and I have season tickets for our football team and despite all the nice, greasy foods available, I eat before we go and I'm fine while we're there. I try to make it so the snack is a restricted one and I enjoy it while I'm there. The friends we sit with will have pizza, pretzels, ice cream but I'm good.

Jo
Old 08-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #52  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Staying OP here, no social obligations for me but lots of yardwork that I can take my time doing over the long weekend. Stay strong everyone!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #53  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

Staying OP here, too!! We are watching football tonight..

I did get tired today...cleaned the whole house, then decorated it for fall. My girls always push me...something that I need from time to time!!

Congrats, Lisa, on the compliments! You are so close to goal!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #54  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Just returned home after a week of vacation visiting family. Stayed 100% OP, through endless shopping and activities. The reward is that I purchased several dresses and slacks in size 8!!!!! Won't be weighing myself til tomorrow morning, but just had to share that NSV. My SIL's were so complimentary and acted as my "stylists", picking out things for me to try on and model for them. Had several photos taken and even liked myself in them! IP is so worth it!

I have hardly had time to check in all week, but wanted to say, 65X65 you look fabulous. I love the new photo.

I hope everyone enjoys the Labor Day weekend.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #55  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Just returned home after a week of vacation visiting family. Stayed 100% OP, through endless shopping and activities. The reward is that I purchased several dresses and slacks in size 8!!!!! Won't be weighing myself til tomorrow morning, but just had to share that NSV. My SIL's were so complimentary and acted as my "stylists", picking out things for me to try on and model for them. Had several photos taken and even liked myself in them! IP is so worth it!

I have hardly had time to check in all week, but wanted to say, 65X65 you look fabulous. I love the new photo.

Congrats on the great NSVs!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #56  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
That is so awesome! I'm having my sister go shopping with me once I size out of the clothes I currently have. I have no idea how to buy regular size clothes - I only know how to buy big, boxy, cover my tummy and butt clothes. So I don't know what looks good on me and I'm having problems with my mirror - I think it's warped or something. I've been having dh take pics on a regular basis just because what I see in the mirror is different than what I see in pics of myself. If that makes any sense.

Having a nice 3 day weekend - accomplished my goal of doing nothing yesterday but relaxing. I sooooo needed it! BBQ tonight but we're hosting so I'm set food-wise. I'm even making desserts.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #57  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Size 8! What a dream! Congratulations! I can't wait to shop in the 'regular' ladies clothing department, instead of the Big W (Women's/Wide ) Dept!

And kudos for staying 100% for a whole week not only being away from home, but vacationing with family! Wow, that's impressive, as if your family is anything like mine, get-togethers always center around food and drink. Now THAT'S an accomplishment and major NSV!!

Last edited by slownsteady; 09-01-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #58  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Dak1lls, I just noticed you have lost 41 lbs in about 3.5 months! Wow! I will aspire to that (yes, I know we are all individual, but I can still dream ). Do you use any restricted products like bars, or do you stick with non-restricted? Do you exercise at all? Thanks!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #59  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Dak1lls, I just noticed you have lost 41 lbs in about 3.5 months! Wow! I will aspire to that (yes, I know we are all individual, but I can still dream ). Do you use any restricted products like bars, or do you stick with non-restricted? Do you exercise at all? Thanks!
I can't believe I have lost that much either! I never would have imagined that I could do it and I am losing it in all the right places, so my body is so different now. While shopping I had no idea what types of clothes to try, so my SIL's were really pushing me to step it up and I tried some really sexy little dresses.

I am using all alternative products since about week 8. I have 2 unrestricted packets, and 1 restricted (almost always a sweet type of bar treat in the evening for dessert) each day. I eat so much good food and was able to convert my SIL's to loving cauliflower rice this week. I love serving it with stir fried veggies, and as a side dish when I cook it with coconut oil.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #60  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Sounds like so much fun! Congratulations on size 8!!
Closed Thread